• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

Ehhhhh?! I didn't prepare for this. I just wanted to farm items and then put the Vita in sleep mode since I didn't beat
Chie's Shadow
yet.

I'm getting nightmare flashbacks to Tartarus with that sound.

As I recall, it warns you like twice before you open it anyway. It's pretty obvious it's going to happen.

Lusankya

This new Chie voice...=(

I don't know if any new players are gonna have the same appreciate for Chie with this voice.

I think the voice is fine. I only didn't like it initially, because the crying scene after Yu and Yosuke come back from the tv is so bad. Atlus should have shown other clips of her new voice.

cjkeats

I wonder what this "Mooo" is that Rise's advertising.

I took this same screen shot to ponder the same question. I've taken a bunch of screen shots for some reason, I don't know if it was a system update thing but now it don't stop and tell you it's saving it anymore, so it's pretty nifty.

EDIT: I think new Chie is pretty hit and miss. Like mentioed the Trial of the Dragon line was a little overdone. Teddie is great.

Dantis

I took this same screen shot to ponder the same question. I've taken a bunch of screen shots for some reason, I don't know if it was a system update thing but now it don't stop and tell you it's saving it anymore, so it's pretty nifty.

Yeah, it was the 2.0 update that did it. Big improvement.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best part about this game's release?

I don't have time to play it right now, but since it's digital on PSN, I can just wait and buy it when I have the time instead of Atlus running out of copies bs.

Chris_C

Just picked this up on the PSN store, will be my first Persona game and my first JRPG of the HD generation. Hope it lives up to the hype!

Picked this up yesterday. I loved P3P and have more than 130 hours on it, but this is my first time woth P4. Managed to steal some time and play the first six days or so.

I. LOVE. THIS. GAME.

That is all.

PS - PSN ID is jimid

inter

Having never played any of the games in the series, I was a bit hesitant to buy this but bought it last night based solely on the great reviews.

And now I have to go to work and the game is all I can think about. At least I'll have plenty of time to play the rest of the week. :)

Picked up my Solid Gold last night, and decided to hell with it and just opened it. That case that's in there is really quite nice and will probably get some use. Didn't have time to actually play the game yet though :(.

Picked up my Solid Gold last night, and decided to hell with it and just opened it. That case that's in there is really quite nice and will probably get some use. Didn't have time to actually play the game yet though :(.

I'm curious if anyone has been able to get the black vita holder thing that comes with the solid gold edition to actually close around there vita, or if mine is just defective. Seems like no matter what I do it ends up being to small to actually fit around my vita.

I'm curious if anyone has been able to get the black vita holder thing that comes with the solid gold edition to actually close around there vita, or if mine is just defective. Seems like no matter what I do it ends up being to small to actually fit around my vita.

I didn't try it, and won't be able to until I get home from Thanksgiving vacation next week since I left it behind. Hope it fits, but I don't suppose I'll be too bothered since it was worth it even just for that case.

I didn't try it, and won't be able to until I get home from Thanksgiving vacation next week since I left it behind. Hope it fits, but I don't suppose I'll be too bothered since it was worth it even just for that case.

Yeah it doesn't really bother me that much since I cant think of many situations I would really use it in, just thought the design and functionality on it was a little funky unless mine is faulty.

Yeah it doesn't really bother me that much since I cant think of many situations I would really use it in, just thought the design and functionality on it was a little funky unless mine is faulty.

To be honest I didn't even remember that it was supposed to come with that until I opened the hard case up :p.

Astra

fPcAQ.jpg

Aw yee. Picked it up early this morning. Can't wait to boot this baby up!

The three reasons I am so poor now. At least I'll be entertained!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This just started happening to me.
I thought this sort of thing was restricted to New Game Plus?

It's kind of creeping me out because I don't want to open any treasure chests anymore since I haven't saved in a whiiiile... :|

I heard it and I instantly hit square to advance to the next stairwell. I nearly shit my pants.

Venfayth

Holy shit, scariest thing ever. I turned my PS Vita on this morning and it said "Memory card removed. Please do not remove the memory card while the system is active." Then it did "database installing" or whatever" and ALL of my installed icons were gone.

I turned it off, took the memory card out and put it back in, turned the Vita back on, and they were back.

No idea why that happened, but I'm just relieved I didn't lose anything.

P90

I'm right at the start of the game, it's asking me to choose my difficulty, but only normal can be selected, is that a bug?

I had the full spectrum of choices. Try rebooting.

So far, about 2 hours in. I am loving Golden. An excellent "upgrade" to one of the best RPGs and games of all time. The extra features are very nice diversions. I love checking out the TV stations. I can only think of a couple negatives so far: 1) the dead horse I have been beating
Fitzgerald's Chie VA is much worse 90% of the time. I have to admit there are certain inflections that Fitzgerald does that fit Chie's character better than Rooney's VA.
2) I am an auditory-type person. All of the voices have that in-the-studio lack of natural ambiance that would fit the particular scene. Overall, lazy sound engineering for something so easy to do--fire up Lexicon Reverb unit; pick appropriate patch/program; record; done. 3) More jaggies than necessary. Looks a bit like the PS2 version. Mild, mild issue for me. When you have a game this great, you can only nitpick.

A must-have game for all JRPG fans; no, RPG fans; no all gamers. Atlus, ya done good. :)

There's just something about
Dojima
that I really love..

"Oh you're up? Well, I'm off." <walks out>

I can't put my finger on what it is.. I almost want to say that he just doesn't care, but I don't think that's true. I feel like it's more the job has run him ragged and he doesn't have the energy to care, maybe.

Dojima
that I really love..

I can't put my finger on what it is.. I almost want to say that he just doesn't care, but I don't think that's true. I feel like it's more the job has run him ragged and he doesn't have the energy to care, maybe.

That made me laugh when I saw that

For people new to this game or even the series - prepare for a very slow start with P4. Though I personally love it, some people have a negative reaction to it. Just be prepared, and just know that it all opens up soon enough.

P90

Dojima
that I really love..

That is my impression as well. A very "real" character.
One of the themes I love about P4 is that it is so down-to-earth for almost all of the game.

Holy shit. I always complain about the game being to bright and happy but god damn. I'm really hope atlus doesn't take this route with p5. Still the best rpg of all time though.

Duffyside

Banned
I live on the West Coast. In the last twenty four hours my copy from NewEgg has gone from Memphis, TN... to Nashville, TN.

... Yay.

v0mitg0d

Attention Persona fans! :)

I have a rather strange and somewhat odd request. I'm now the proud owner of Persona 4 for my Vita.

I'm ready.

I'm ready to fully take in the great Persona experience over the holiday break, and I want to adore it like you all.

What I need to do is get me head in the right place. I've not read a ton regarding the actual game play experience because I do what to go in as fresh as possible. I know several people who've constantly pointed out that I need to play this game, however they've done a poor job articulating the reasons. I get "Dude, it's just...awesome. The story is awesome. It's just so so awesome". I think their heart is in the right place--and I totally trust their judgement--but I need more. I don't want to read reviews, I want to hear it straight from the fans. I want to appreciate the experience to it's fullest.

My confessional part of this post: I've never played a Persona game, and though I don't dislike JRPGs, I've just not played any in quite a long time. In fact I don't even recall the last one I played.

So that's my story GAF. Should I sit back, relax and expect a ton of dialog with little action? Tons of wacky voices? Is it really long? These things can be fine I suppose, however it all needs to feel beneficial to the experiences and not...filler. Why is the Persona experience a remarkable one to you?

GAF help me get my head in the right space before I start it--I want to love this game to it's fullest!

I really think this game is my GOTY. I never played Persona 4 before until this but I can't put it down.

I'm in love with Marie. But I want to date Chei... but... tsundere marie... (also everyone wants to date Marie since whenever you do "voice" it's littered with "WENT OUT WITH MARIE)

ces and not...filler. Why is the Persona experience a remarkable one to you?

GAF help me get my head in the right space before I start it--I want to love this game to it's fullest!

It's hard to explain a persona game. It's great dialogue, great fight system, great script/plot and ANIMES. ANIME!! *opens up a giant box that says "ANIME" on it* It's the hallmark JRPG style game (Like the Tales series) that is done to perfecton.

It took me a while to adjust the tone from Persona 3 where its darker to Persona 4 to where while its dark its still happy.

I've played Persona 2, 3 and now 4. 4 is the best to start with. 4 is the best in general even though I love Yuka-tan.

P90

I have a rather strange and somewhat odd request. I'm now the proud owner of Persona 4 for my Vita.

I'm ready.

I'm ready to fully take in the great Persona experience over the holiday break, and I want to adore it like you all.

What I need to do is get me head in the right place. I've not read a ton regarding the actual game play experience because I do what to go in as fresh as possible. I know several people who've constantly pointed out that I need to play this game, however they've done a poor job articulating the reasons. I get "Dude, it's just...awesome. The story is awesome. It's just so so awesome". I think their heart is in the right place--and I totally trust their judgement--but I need more. I don't want to read reviews, I want to hear it straight from the fans. I want to appreciate the experience to it's fullest.

My confessional part of this post: I've never played a Persona game, and though I don't dislike JRPGs, I've just not played any in quite a long time. In fact I don't even recall the last one I played.

So that's my story GAF. Should I sit back, relax and expect a ton of dialog with little action? Tons of wacky voices? Is it really long? These things can be fine I suppose, however it all needs to feel beneficial to the experiences and not...filler. Why is the Persona experience a remarkable one to you?

That is tough without spoiling the experience. Quick explanation: Persona is psychology meets entertainment. (That may be a big turn off for some gamers). If you want to play P4 to its fullest you will be putting in a good 70-100 hours. The characters are some of the best, if not best developed characters in a video game. You literally take history tests to increase your stats. The setting of P4 (and P3) are very well defined. Persona is not about graphics. The battle system, at its time, was possibly the best for turn-based RPGs. There are many side-stitching vignettes that help balance the dark undertones. To some SMT fans' chagrin, P4 is quite light-hearted and slapstick. P4 starts off soooooooooooooooo slow, but for good reason. If I go further it will be spoiler-ville.

Top Bottom