• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

P90

Is this a rhetorical question? It's always been terrible! I half expect her to bust out with a Winconsin-esque "doncha k'now" at any moment....

We talk like that in Michigan, too. We say "eh", "you betcha' ", etc. Most Michiganders claim to be half Canadian--livin' in the Great White North!

I live on the West Coast. In the last twenty four hours my copy from NewEgg has gone from Memphis, TN... to Nashville, TN.

... Yay.

East coast here. Mine went from packaging for over a day to bill info receive for a day now. That's why BB got my money and love the game so far!

Golbez

5Fwqcl.jpg

From Yosuke S. Link rank 2. Didn't see that coming. Even more reason to focus on your team members!

SoulUnison

Banned
chie's voice is fucking terrible.wtf happened?

I'm usually tolerable of actual poor voice work, and Persona games have some of the best localization and casting around. If I was hearing "new" Chie's voice for the first time I'd just call it a slightly above average voice and leave it at that.

That said, compared to "old" chie, "new" Chie is super nasaly. "Old" Chie was obviously a tomboy - "new" Chie sounds like a ditz.

P90

I'm going to go in an unpopular direction, but I would like to see downloadable extra dungeons and side stories, maybe even character specific side stories. That would flesh out New Game+ even more. IF DA 2 can polish its turd with some downloadable content, just think what P4 could do.

In a nod to my Up North compatriots, how about a P4-themed hockey game? Snow ball fights?

I'm going to go in an unpopular direction, but I would like to see downloadable extra dungeons and side stories, maybe even character specific side stories. That would flesh out New Game+ even more.

Only if there was a showdown with Pierced Boy, Tatsuya, Maya, P3MC, and P3PFemC all at the same time.

Venfayth

So, so jelly.

Womp womp :(

I'm going to go in an unpopular direction, but I would like to see downloadable extra dungeons and side stories, maybe even character specific side stories. That would flesh out New Game+ even more. IF DA 2 can polish its turd with some downloadable content, just think what P4 could do.

Down with the DLC mongers!

I can never say no to more p4 content ._.

scy

did you order the special edition?

I'm contemplating buying it locally and returning the one that arrives. Or maybe just dealing with it and remembering that, sometimes, saving $10 due to promo codes isn't worth it :x

To be fair, I'll be out of town without the Vita for a few of those days but ... still. It'd have been nice to have it for the weekend.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Chie sounds so much like Quark from VLR that it's crazy. It keeps bugging me since it now makes me thing that she sounds like a pre-teen boy.

Orcastar

Woo, my preorder shipped from VGP! Was worried there for a moment since it was stuck as "preorder processing" yesterday and the game wouldn't even show up in their search for a while. Should be here next week.

Necrovex

It's hard to say... I feel like I was hooked on it at that point. Where are you in it? You could always drop it and come back to it after P3P I guess.

I just got trapped in the cave. I'm after the student council president atm.

The characters are awesome, but dat gameplay. I usually don't mind long-out fights, but for some reason, I am having a harder time getting into this game. I think what is getting me through it is the knowledge of it being a short game and the love Gaf has for its story and characters.

I was kind of annoyed at some of the voice changes, but at least Nanako is the same. "Every day's great at your Junes!" sounds just as charming as ever.

I am only an hour or so in, but the visuals look much more detailed than I recall the PS2 version looking. It feels nice having an exclusive JRPG for my Vita. It's still a port, but as far as ports go this one seems like they put a LOT of effort into. Consider me impressed!

The characters are awesome, but dat gameplay. I usually don't mind long-out fights, but for some reason, I am having a harder time getting into this game. I think what is getting me through it is the knowledge of it being a short game and the love Gaf has for its story and characters.

Is it because we dont have the second half yet?

Necrovex

Is it because we dont have the second half yet?

HAHAHAHAHA.

But nah, that isn't even a factor in my decision to possibly drop it. I was told this game had a satisfying conclusion (by Dantis), so I haven't even thought about the second game possibly never coming over here.

Salaadin

Short game? I heard this was 50+ hours long.
Someone clarify :(

Tamanon

Banned
5Fwqcl.jpg

From Yosuke S. Link rank 2. Didn't see that coming. Even more reason to focus on your team members!

You say that now, until Yukiko forces you to go to Direct Commands on her as she starts spamming and failing with
her S-linked Mudo spell, even on fire weak shadows
. Still good for more customization of the characters.

Dantis

Hurm. Have you got animation skip turned on in fights? Beyond that, there's not much you can do. I guess you could use a walkthrough for dungeons so that you can just blast through them?

Short game? I heard this was 50+ hours long.
Someone clarify :(

He's talking about P2. P4G is gigantic, don't worry. It took me something like 70 hours to get through.

Golbez

You say that now, until Yukiko forces you to go to Direct Commands on her as she starts spamming and failing with
her S-linked Mudo spell, even on fire weak shadows
. Still good for more customization of the characters.
I didn't even think of that, interesting. I've spent enough time in Persona 3 though to always keep everyone on manual though. It was a big selling point for me in P3P!

Dantis

My first play through of P4 on the PS2 took me ~75 hours? Much less than the 100+ it took me to finish P3. Still long though.

My first run on P4 took me about 62, now that I think about it (I did way too much grinding on P4G, but man, you level so fast!), and P3 took me 73 hours. I don't bother with any Compendium stuff or anything though.

cjkeats

My playthroughs of P3P and P4 were significantly shorter than you guys.
I played on easy like a wuss.

Is P2 that short? I've tried to play that so many times but that combat is unbearably slow. I stopped at the
nightclub I think it was? It wasn't very far in at all, Just after the thing with the principal in the school's clock tower
. I'm in the same boat with P1 too.

kuroshiki

Wow.

You guys, please use good headphone with this game. Unlike P3P (which had some huge downgrade in sound quality) Atlus really nailed sound department with this game.

I'm using Aurvana Live! headphone and experience is unreal. God damn the sound effect and music just blows me away, again.

Kudos for Atlus to actually used really good encoding process for sound. Good job Atlus.

Oh and I found Yukiko's sound worse than Chie's. Chie actually sounds great. VA did splendid job.

Dantis

So is there any particular reason why they replaced Chie's and Teddie's voice actors from the PS2 version?

Yes. They couldn't get the old ones back. :p

I think the reason Chie's is so drastically different is that fans complained that she sounded too old before. Erin Fitzgerald said that they told her to do her own thing, rather than imitate Tracy Rooney, so that's why we got Quark Mk. 2.

My playthroughs of P3P and P4 were significantly shorter than you guys.
I played on easy like a wuss.

Is P2 that short? I've tried to play that so many times but that combat is unbearably slow. I stopped at the
nightclub I think it was? It wasn't very far in at all, Just after the thing with the principal in the school's clock tower
. I'm in the same boat with P1 too.

Took me twenty-something hours to beat it, so yeah, it's a lot shorter than P3 and P4.

Dantis

Did they actually re-record all of the dialogue or did they just need new voice actors because of the new content in game?

Either way, not too big of a deal, but I really did like the old Chie.

Re-recorded all the dialogue in the game. They said it would be jarring otherwise, and once you hear Chie, you'll agree. I think it's a real shame they couldn't get Rooney back, but Reigel does a great impression of Teddie.

Salaadin

Hurm. Have you got animation skip turned on in fights? Beyond that, there's not much you can do. I guess you could use a walkthrough for dungeons so that you can just blast through them?

He's talking about P2. P4G is gigantic, don't worry. It took me something like 70 hours to get through.

Ahh ok, good.

My first play through of P4 on the PS2 took me ~75 hours? Much less than the 100+ it took me to finish P3. Still long though.

Awesome.

One of the reasons I got P4G was because I wanted a game that I could just sink time into.

Levito

Banned
Re-recorded all the dialogue in the game. They said it would be jarring otherwise, and once you hear Chie, you'll agree. I think it's a real shame they couldn't get Rooney back, but Reigel does a great impression of Teddie.

Did they re-record the dialogue for the voice actors that came back as well?

Kerub

Banned
Yay! I found out my store will be importing this from US. So happy that I don't have to wait until spring! :D:D:D

Thanks for not region locking your console Sony. <3

Top Bottom