• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

Did they re-record the dialogue for the voice actors that came back as well?

Nope, just Chie and Teddie. That's why sometimes Chie's lines don't match up quite right.

Yay! I found out my store will be importing this from US. So happy that I don't have to wait until spring! :D:D:D

Thanks for not region locking your console Sony. <3

Seriously. Very smart move.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
305684_10100113104960565_1725709822_n.jpg

What's this? I bought the game?

198229_10100113104990505_1630053998_n.jpg

New title screen > Old title screen. Deal.

14348_10100113105000485_1893950975_n.jpg

I'm not man enough to do a Very Hard Max S. Link run. :( (IIRC Very Hard deletes your saves or something if you are KO'ed? D: )

1100_10100113105025435_1740336098_n.jpg

Igor and inferior. Where the hell is 'Liz? :( (Oh, hey, we can screendump the FMV's, BTW. Too bad there's no SUBTITLES A THIRD TIME. WTF Atlus, how the hell am I supposed to enjoy/know what they're saying without them!? :|)

396711_10100113105040405_1834812852_n.jpg

Dear Atlus and people clinging to non-canon name:

Because this name was first, it's thereby cannon. You shall deal.

Quoting for the large pictures.

Astra

When I fuck up like that, I can never seem to fix it. No matter how many credit cards I use.

Air bubbles just take forever to get out, you just have to persevere!
Now dust and hair, ugh. Have to use scotch tape to get those off, and you have to be extra careful not to touch the inside of the screen protector, or you have finger print smudges.
These things are a real pain.

cjkeats

Air bubbles just take forever to get out, you just have to persevere!
Now dust and hair, ugh. Have to use scotch tape to get those off, and you have to be extra careful not to touch the inside of the screen protector, or you have finger print smudges.
These things are a real pain.

Oh man, why didn't I think of that? I got a piece of dust right where the character portrait's hair is and it's very noticeable, especially when talking to Yoskue.

Astra

Oh man, why didn't I think of that? I got a piece of dust right where the character portrait's hair is and it's very noticeable, especially when talking to Yoskue.

Just be super careful not to touch the sticky side of the tape, either. Might be best to do it in a humid bathroom, to prevent any extra dust from getting under there.
I have one errant piece of dust in the upper left corner, and I am just leaving it there. With my luck, I'll end up with many more if I try and fix it, haha.

Just be super careful not to touch the sticky side of the tape, either. Might be best to do it in a humid bathroom, to prevent any extra dust from getting under there.
I have one errant piece of dust in the upper left corner, and I am just leaving it there. With my luck, I'll end up with many more if I try and fix it, haha.

I heard that it's best to put them on after taking a hot shower, wait for steam to accumulate in the bathroom and then try to put them on to reduce any extra air from getting between the sleeve and the Vita. Still need to try this myself however.

Y'all never applied screen protectors?

Dust free environment is a must.

Easy temp one is you steam up your shower.

Also if dust does get down there, use a single piece of tape to lift up the area, another piece of tape to poke at the dust underneath.

Astra

Aram is the master. He put it on at a super awkward angle, too.

I am sitting at the difficulty select screen. I told myself I would play on Easy so I could just enjoy the story. Now that I am here, Very Hard is looking mighty tempting. I'll compromise on Normal, I think. I already did the hardest difficulty on the PS2 version twice. We didn't have all these fancy game breaking features back then, either!

Anyone else feel they're going to go nuts with screenshots?
I just wish the audio didn't cut out when we took one.

Necrovex

Hurm. Have you got animation skip turned on in fights? Beyond that, there's not much you can do. I guess you could use a walkthrough for dungeons so that you can just blast through them?

He's talking about P2. P4G is gigantic, don't worry. It took me something like 70 hours to get through.

Oh shit, I didn't realize you could turn off the animations. That will make those fights go a lot quicker.

When I played Persona 4, it took me 50 hours to complete it, and I rushed through that shit because I had to review it. Man, I have some fond memories staying up until 8 a.m. It's a little surreal to think about me staying up back then, and me waking up at 8 nowadays.

Vinlaen

So... is there anybody else playing the game on "Very Easy" ?

I know there are a lot of folks who think that the easier difficulties ruin the game but I'm hoping that this mode will give me just a tiny bit of a challenge while mostly just enjoying the story and not worrying about dying, etc.

(I still don't to just 'press a to win' but it sounds like even "very easy" will provide a slight challenge, but dying won't matter which sounds great)

Astra

So... is there anybody else playing the game on "Very Easy" ?

I know there are a lot of folks who think that the easier difficulties ruin the game but I'm hoping that this mode will give me just a tiny bit of a challenge while mostly just enjoying the story and not worrying about dying, etc.

(I still don't to just 'press a to win' but it sounds like even "very easy" will provide a slight challenge, but dying won't matter which sounds great)

I was going to do Easy, but opted for Normal, instead.
If it makes the game more enjoyable for you, then it definitely doesn't ruin it. It's great to have so many options. :)

I love commuting again now that I have P4G to play on the train. Need to change my PSN 'sig' later...

Also, Nanako's singing is just as charming - as well as sticks in your head like nothing else.

Astra

Can you still watch the original P4 opening, the same way you could watch the original P3 opening in P3P?

Yes, but not the same way where you just wait at the title screen. It's under the TV Listings section at the title menu.

It's under 4ch BIG TV. Daily Personamations!

Curufinwe

Y'all never applied screen protectors?

Dust free environment is a must.

Easy temp one is you steam up your shower.

Also if dust does get down there, use a single piece of tape to lift up the area, another piece of tape to poke at the dust underneath.

I got one on my PSP but it was a nerve-wracking nightmare so I won't bother with them ever again.

v0mitg0d

Attention Persona fans! :)

I have a rather strange and somewhat odd request. I'm now the proud owner of Persona 4 for my Vita.

I'm ready.

I'm ready to fully take in the great Persona experience over the holiday break, and I want to adore it like you all.

What I need to do is get me head in the right place. I've not read a ton regarding the actual game play experience because I do what to go in as fresh as possible. I know several people who've constantly pointed out that I need to play this game, however they've done a poor job articulating the reasons. I get "Dude, it's just...awesome. The story is awesome. It's just so so awesome". I think their heart is in the right place--and I totally trust their judgement--but I need more. I don't want to read reviews, I want to hear it straight from the fans. I want to appreciate the experience to it's fullest.

My confessional part of this post: I've never played a Persona game, and though I don't dislike JRPGs, I've just not played any in quite a long time. In fact I don't even recall the last one I played.

So that's my story GAF. Should I sit back, relax and expect a ton of dialog with little action? Tons of wacky voices? Is it really long? These things can be fine I suppose, however it all needs to feel beneficial to the experiences and not...filler. Why is the Persona experience a remarkable one to you?

GAF help me get my head in the right space before I start it--I want to love this game to it's fullest!

Quoting this for the new page, for new eyes. Thanks to those who've responded so far! :)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Wow.

You guys, please use good headphone with this game. Unlike P3P (which had some huge downgrade in sound quality) Atlus really nailed sound department with this game.

I'm using Aurvana Live! headphone and experience is unreal. God damn the sound effect and music just blows me away, again.

Kudos for Atlus to actually used really good encoding process for sound. Good job Atlus.

Oh and I found Yukiko's sound worse than Chie's. Chie actually sounds great. VA did splendid job.

I'm using some Sennheisers HD 598s and it is glorious.

ttocs

I wish I was patient, because if I was I would have the special edition. But since I am too damn impatient, I needed to play this now and went with a simple in store purchase. It's amazing so far, butt hat was to be expected.

Wow.

You guys, please use good headphone with this game. Unlike P3P (which had some huge downgrade in sound quality) Atlus really nailed sound department with this game.

I'm using Aurvana Live! headphone and experience is unreal. God damn the sound effect and music just blows me away, again.

Kudos for Atlus to actually used really good encoding process for sound. Good job Atlus.

My AT-M50s are quite happy with this game's music/sound. Also helps that the Vita itself has a really good DAC to begin with (so no need for a separate amp) but man, I need to redump the P4 ost onto my iphone again.

ttocs

I've been seeing a lot of people talking about good headphones. Anyone have any recommendations around the $50 price range or so? I would love to play this with a decent set.

Dantis

New title screen > Old title screen. Deal.

I wouldn't say it's better, but it's definitely as good. Seriously stylish.

Oh shit, I didn't realize you could turn off the animations. That will make those fights go a lot quicker.

When I played Persona 4, it took me 50 hours to complete it, and I rushed through that shit because I had to review it. Man, I have some fond memories staying up until 8 a.m. It's a little surreal to think about me staying up back then, and me waking up at 8 nowadays.

Yep, makes things way easier. Just press start during a battle as I recall.

If you get P4G, you can play it through at a more leisurely pace. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
TheSeks said:
I'm not man enough to do a Very Hard Max S. Link run. :( (IIRC Very Hard deletes your saves or something if you are KO'ed? D: )
Nope. That would be extraordinarily mean.

Come to think of it, I'm using multiple saves for this like I did with the PS2 version. :S

It is but, currently, I am using this:

20121120183219.jpg

What do you think?
Do you have the raw image of that without the icons, out of curiosity? love the wallpaper.

I just got back from Amish country. Picked up a couple pies for tomorrow and ate a hot roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and a barrel of gravy slathered all over it.

The rest of the day... Persona!

ttocs

I just got back from Amish country. Picked up a couple pies for tomorrow and ate a hot roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and a barrel of gravy slathered all over it.

The rest of the day... Persona!

Amish country is full of good eats. They might not like video games, but they sure know how to cook.

Omikaru

The wait for this game is agony. Agony, I tell you. I'm not complaining too much as it's gotta get across the Atlantic, but I hope it gets here soon.

I bet it comes on Friday or Saturday.

ttocs

Nope. That would be extraordinarily mean.

Come to think of it, I'm using multiple saves for this like I did with the PS2 version. :S

Do you have the raw image of that without the icons, out of curiosity? love the wallpaper.

I know the two from P3 and P4, I'm guessing the one on the left and right are the ones from P1 and P2? I never played those games.

So am I crazy or is the lady that is doing Chie's voice this time around the same one that did Midori's voice from Devil Survivor Overclocked?

Top Bottom