• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Couple questions:

Can you enter the TV, grind for a bit, not rescue the person and leave? Or once you enter, are you stuck until you rescue them?

Also, while you're grinding in there, is there a way to go back to the entrance so to speak and heal up, like you could in P3?

Aww, man the TV listings is such a great addition. Concerts, commercials retrospectives, music, Jungian analysis of Shadows. Fuck so good.

Am I the only one who'd love to see a Persona 3 FES Golden?

I need more vitabros, P4GAF. Want to see more people in my activity log. Add me please.

thewrenchninja

I got you covered son.

Yes you can leave the tv and come back later. No, there is no healing mechanic like in P3 (that was removed in P3P also) You get a way to recover later on...all yo yens yip yip yip

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Couple questions:

Can you enter the TV, grind for a bit, not rescue the person and leave? Or once you enter, are you stuck until you rescue them?

Also, while you're grinding in there, is there a way to go back to the entrance so to speak and heal up, like you could in P3?

You can go in as many times as you want as long as you rescue the person before the fog lifts.

I got you covered son.

Yes you can leave the tv and come back later. No, there is no healing mechanic like in P3 (that was removed in P3P also) You get a way to recover later on...all yo yens yip yip yip

I remember being able to heal in the entrance area in P3P.

Though you had to pay for it? Hmm. Maybe I am remembering wrong!

Hagi

I think i'm going to import this i tired of waiting on games. Any UK Vita bro's/gal's know a good place to purchase it from? I need some more Persona for Vita.

Necrovex

Dantis, I must know if there are any other dungeon like the Air Raid Shelter in Persona 2? I really want to toss my Vita out of the window at this point!

-GJ-

Watching Little Busters, playing P3P and finishing 999 made me wish there were more Visual Novel-type games available in English for the Vita or 3DS...

Cheers that sounds good!

Play-Asia has it too. Their stock gets renewed either tomorrow or the day after.

Astra

Which ones have you played? We can probably recommend a good few

Hmm, off the top of my head for handhelds (just the DS, really) I can think of Phoenix Wright, Lux-Pain, Time Hollow and Ghost Trick.

Edit: Hotel Dusk and Last Window. How were they not the first or second ones out of my brain?

-GJ-

Which ones have you played? We can probably recommend a good few

Well I can't read Japanese and I don't have a PC (only a Mac), so there aren't a lot available (fantranslations are usually only available on Windows), but I've played 999, a couple Phoenix Wright games, P3P and P4 partially (I count those games as VN's) and I played a bit of Katawa Shouja. I just bought Analog today on Steam, so that's going to be next and I'll play P4G and Virtue's Last Reward after that. I've seen a lot of anime and I love shows like CLANNAD, Kanon, Air etc, so that's kind of how I started for me.

edit: Ah, Hotel Dusk too. I've played a bit of that to try it
back in the R4 days,
but I've never completed it because I couldn't get my hands on a retail copy.

Astra

Well I can't read Japanese and I don't have a PC (only a Mac), so there aren't a lot available (fantranslations are usually only available on Windows), but I've played 999, a couple Phoenix Wright games, P3P and P4 partially (I count those games as VN's) and I played a bit of Katawa Shouja. I just bought Analog today on Steam, so that's going to be next and I'll play P4G and Virtue's Last Reward after that. I've seen a lot of anime and I love shows like CLANNAD, Kanon, Air etc, so that's kind of how I started for me.

back in the R4 days,

There's also Trace Memory (Another Code in EU).
How about Infinite Space? Can we call that a visual novel?

Levito

Banned
Adding people I see that put their tag but the thread is too long to go through them all. Add me if you like.

PSN = casmith7509

Will do the same, I don't have my game yet however.

PSN is: Levito1

Just tell me who you are on GAF and I'll accept the friend request.

Sophia

Died on the second tutorial fight.... Maybe very hard was a bad choice. So much to get back to there! Gah!

Use the fast forward feature, and pay attention to what Teddie says; He outright spells out how to not die to Wind of Oblivion. You also have Rakukaja for increased defense, if it's hitting too hard.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Use the fast forward feature, and pay attention to what Teddie says; He outright spells out how to not die to Wind of Oblivion.

I know I just had 80% health and was impatient like a doofus.

I played p3p on maniac so I'm sure ill be fine.

Add me too y'all

Psn luchashaq

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is it weird that I'm sitting here thinking, "Holy shit, I'm playing a competent enhanced port of Persona 4 in my bed/in school/on the bus?"

Because my mind's semi-blown.

Died on the second tutorial fight.... Maybe very hard was a bad choice. So much to get back to there! Gah!
It does the Attack > Guard > Wind of Oblivion > Attack > Guard > Wind of Oblivion pattern. Guard when he's attacking / using Wind of Oblivion and only attack on the turn when he's guarding. Only use Medicines when you have single-digit HP or 11-15 HP. When you attack, use Zio, and then use the Once More to either attack with your golf club or heal with Medicine. Don't bother using Zio twice because that little bit more of damage you can inflict doesn't really matter. It'll only mix it up with Power Charge or whatever at 50% and 33% so guard after it uses it.

Venfayth

Is it weird that I'm sitting here thinking, "Holy shit, I'm playing a competent enhanced port of Persona 4 in my bed/in school/on the bus?"

Hahaha I was doing exactly this earlier. Just sitting there thinking "Am I actually playing this game!?"

Having so much fun on Very Hard. Probably would be having less if I didn't have to spend so much time in the dungeon.

back in the R4 days,

Nice to meet another person who likes KEY!

Anyways, you might want to look into Fate/Extra on PSN if you like visual novels with gameplay like Persona. It's by Nasu who wrote the scenario for Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime. If you don't mind otome games, Hakukoi is available. And then there's also Corpse Party which was created by 5pb (Steins;Gate/Chaos;Head).

For the DS, you might want to try Time Hollow from Konami.

For the Mac, you'll probably be looking mostly at OELVNs (original English visual novels) like Shira Oka or others. You can find more about them on Lemmasoft. Do you have a smartphone? If you do, there's a few on there too.

Astra

Not only is it on a handheld, and not gimped, it is superior in many respects to the original! A few notable exceptions of which we're all aware.

Omikaru

I need more vitabros, P4GAF. Want to see more people in my activity log. Add me please.

thewrenchninja

Added.

I'm the same. If any of you want to add me, my PSN name is the same as my GAF name. But I won't be playing P4 Golden until later this week, once my import arrives.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No subs in FMVs, apparently.

Wherever subtitles are appropriate they have them.

In the first scene when MC is on the train and looks at his phone, it's still in Japanese but there are subtitles that read something like "Meet us at the train station".

Top Bottom