• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Golbez

fL36Ul.jpg

Chie's about to shoot a Creed video.

My formerly delayed til December Solid Gold edition just shipped. Not bad Amazon, not bad. Not sure what the deal is with it, though.

So am I crazy or is the lady that is doing Chie's voice this time around the same one that did Midori's voice from Devil Survivor Overclocked?

Oh, man. I haven't started yet. And I'm trying to keep an open mind. But that was one of the worst voice acting jobs I have ever heard in my life. I get it was intentionally annoying, but still. She was fine as Quark in VLR, though, I thought. The fact that you recognized it as the same is a bad sign, though.

for some reason, the voice that are apparently supposed to play in dungeons, like Teddie telling me he spotted a shadow, or Yosuke saying he saw the stairs, arent playing...

...early game over, i went to go get a drink, apperently when i put the thing down, I hit triangle...vita pls

neoemonk

Wussed out and went with hard mode instead of very hard. I hesitated for a moment. Never finished P4 by the way. Only made it to the second dungeon. I did beat Contrarian King early on however.

Venfayth

They did? How so?

*studying and can't play* :|

womp bossfight spoilers
Yukiko is now weak to ice. Prince is weak to electricity. Yukiko never does Burn to Ashes without giving you a warning turn first. Prince will now "Escape" at about ~25% of his HP. There are a couple other changes as well, Prince casts Makajam on people a lot.

P90

Wussed out and went with hard mode instead of very hard. I hesitated for a moment. Never finished P4 by the way. Only made it to the second dungeon. I did beat Contrarian King early on however.

I'm a PS2 P4 vet and I went "normal" for P4G. I may go to my standby difficulty adjuster and use less characters in dungeons and for bosses. That way, if I get stuck on a particular boss, I can bring in reinforcements when needed.

Heropon

Bossfight spoilers
Yukiko is now weak to ice. Prince is weak to electricity. Yukiko never does Burn to Ashes without giving you a warning turn first. Prince will now "Escape" at about ~25% of his HP. There are a couple other changes as well, Prince casts Makajam on people a lot.

I suppose it won't induce so many nightmares from now on. Has Shadow 4 been nerfed too?

Don't you guys think naming the shadows is kind of spoilers? Shadow 2 killed me, almost got it, but it faked me out and stopped giving me the its glaring at yosuke wasted turn and instead did another attack.

* sigh * Just learned I was put down for the standard edition of P4G at Gamestop, and not the limited edition LIKE I ASKED.

Ordering online may not get your games to you right away, but at least there's less chance of your order being screwed up.

Sophia

bossfight spoilers

What the hell? That makes the fight a joke...

Sophia

Just won the fight myself. She really is nerfed.

That seems like complete overkill given the fight already would be easier with the ability to select inherited abilities. If they made Shadow Mitsuo easier I'll be maaaad. -.-

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That seems like complete overkill given the fight already would be easier with the ability to select inherited abilities. If they made Shadow Mitsuo easier I'll be maaaad. -.-

I never found that boss that hard. >_>

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
bossfight spoilers
Ugh. That's really unfortunate.

I hope that was to compensate for Risky mode's difficulty and mulitpliers. I can't imagine how much of a cakewalk that would be on Easy/V. Easy/Normal.

Sophia

Ugh. That's really unfortunate.

I hope that was to compensate for Risky mode's difficulty and mulitpliers. I can't imagine how much of a cakewalk that would be on Easy/V. Easy/Normal.

Assuming you go with the "Narukami on defense" strategy, Risky would have to be doing a TON of damage for that fight to not be trivialized. :\

Varna

So... quick question about the help request.

Not really understanding how it's decided what your messages are..

First line is what you send out when you help someone and the second is what your SOS reads?

Seems like it's easy to exploit.. couldn't you just send one out and just wait for a while to pile up help?

Chris_C

For people new to this game or even the series - prepare for a very slow start with P4. Though I personally love it, some people have a negative reaction to it. Just be prepared, and just know that it all opens up soon enough.

Read about this and not bothered about a slow start, I'm looking to play this a free hours every night before bed :)

Varna

Don't you guys think naming the shadows is kind of spoilers? Shadow 2 killed me, almost got it, but it faked me out and stopped giving me the its glaring at yosuke wasted turn and instead did another attack.

On very hard this is pretty much instant death... second time around I just guarded with Yosuke once the boss was down to 25% health... it was a very slow process from that point on.

I really wish these "hard" modes were more then just let's give the enemies insane amounts of HP and attack power. Right now an enemy hitting my main character with a physical skill is pretty much instant game over. I'm lucky I remember a lot of these enemies from P3 so I can sort of anticipate when to guard with the MC. Those self destructing enemies are pretty much instant KO too so I have to leave them at about half health if I can't finish them.

Very hard could have been something much more... complete rearranged weakeness and enemy arrangements. Maybe a limit on how many extra attacks you can get. Anything but adding this huge luck factor. If this is anything like P3 very hard the attack/hp difference will eventually be a non issue because of the shear versatility of the MC. So it will be just as easy as any other difficulty by the half way point.

Venfayth

OK, aforementioned boss down on second shot.

Was level 12 this time, using senri with zio/garu/bufu/agi/dia/patra. I switched between senri and orobas, orobas just to rakunda. Yosuke was just healing with dia most of the time, with chie using bufu when white wall wasn't up (boss casts it on itself sometimes) and casting tarukaja on mc otherwise. Went pretty smoothly. She DID use Burn to Ashes once without warning, which caught me off guard, but I had a couple beads to recover with.

Bummed to hear a lot of people put off by the new Chie voice. She was my fave character the first time around and I loved the portrayal given by the original voice actress. I guess I'll just need to suck it up and deal with it somehow. At least it helps keep my hype level down.

Man oh man, I hope it doesn't ruin the experience for me

Venfayth

Bummed to hear a lot of people put off by the new Chie voice. She was my fave character the first time around and I loved the portrayal given by the original voice actress. I guess I'll just need to suck it up and deal with it somehow. At least it helps keep my hype level down.

Just be open minded about it. There might be some parts where she's grating, but you can tell the VA put her effort into it. She's a new Chie, but she's still Chie.

Trigger

I hate how nasally she is, but true Chie fanboys stay the course when the steaks get raised.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, only on floor six of
Yukiko's Castle
And I'm already getting my ass kicked. Is this normal?

First few dungeons especially. You're lower on SP, and you don't have much in the way of resists/nulls for your Personas. It oddly gets a bit easier as it goes along, at least on dungeon floors. Some of the later bosses can be a pain still.

I bought a Vita a week ago specifically for this game. Today I ordered the game itself (I live in the UK). It probably won't get here for a week, but I have other games to play in the meantime, and it's enough to know that it's on it's way.

I can't wait to play this game again. The PS2 version is one of my top 5 games of all time.

Top Bottom