• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

So thats how it is now huh? Its a weird feeling. I still remember the glorious Super Mario Bros 3 manual, with is bright yellow background and illustrations of all Marios new moves like the hill slide and tail attack. An elegant box-in for a more civilized age.

Young Magus

Took a break to say.....
I'M LOVING THIS GAME!!!!

Only a few hours into the game and feels great. I originality watched a very small bit of the endurance run but actually playing the game is pretty fun. Pretty addicting as well, reminds me of why I love P3.

Lockon

Got my copy from UPS today. I don't know if I want to start now or wait until I finish other Vita games. I'm afriad if I start now I won't be going back to other games D: Decisions, decisions!

Ostinatto

first castle question

i was farming the first chest for an hour, great stuff, but i died in the first boss.. :(
there is no way to save inside the castle?

Sophia

first castle question

i was farming the first chest for an hour, great stuff, but i died in the first boss.. :(
there is no way to save inside the castle?

There's a savepoint right before the castle's boss (assuming you mean Shadow Yukiko), and you can always return the the TV entrance and save at any time as it keeps your progress in the dungeon.

Golbez

There's a savepoint right before the castle's boss (assuming you mean Shadow Yukiko), and you can always return the the TV entrance and save at any time as it keeps your progress in the dungeon.
Actually... that butterfly is gone. I couldn't believe it. Luckily I had plenty of Goho-Ms, but I wonder what the thought process was behind removing the save point there.

Ostinatto

cant get out, yosuke say to me, " hey we have to save chie first!

Sophia

cant get out, yosuke say to me, " hey we have to save chie first!

Oh, Shadow Chie... yeah you pretty much have to push through and win that one...

Actually... that butterfly is gone. I couldn't believe it. Luckily I had plenty of Goho-Ms, but I wonder what the thought process was behind removing the save point there.

Seriously? That's weird and not at all convenient. The more I hear about Golden's awkward changes the less I like about it.

Oh, Shadow Chie... yeah you pretty much have to push through and win that one...

Seriously? That's weird and not at all convenient. The more I hear about Golden's awkward changes the less I like about it.

Every difficulty but Very hard let's you restart. Very Easy and Easy start over the battle, and Normal and Hard at the same floor. Very Hard is just that. Very hard...Provided you limit yourself from doing a certain s link.

Golbez

Every difficulty but Very hard let's you restart. Very Easy and Easy start over the battle, and Normal and Hard at the same floor. Very Hard is just that. Very hard...Provided you limit yourself from doing a certain s link.
Ah, good point. Though even without that I think I'd accept a dungeon butterfly loss trade for picking skills in fusion. As long as I had plenty of Goho-Ms, at least.

kewlmyc

Ugh, Chie's voice when she yells is ear-gratingly awful. She's fine otherwise.

Also, how hard is Very Hard? Hard right now for me is pretty damn easy, but then again, I'm just in the first dungeon.

_woLf

So I was going thru the second dungeon for the first time...

Kanjis dungeon. Anyway, like I said, first time thru, only on the 3rd floor. Come across a chest... "Theres a terrifying energy in this chest...are you sure you want to open it?" I SWEAR that this only happened in New Game + in the original persona 4, so I opened it...

The Reaper. My level 18 self got wrecked. Hard.

Fucking trolled by Atlas.

One shotted my entire party. MFW.

JoeFenix

This game has been pretty incredible so far. I've never played a Persona game but I have played a decent amount of DDS so I'm somewhat familiar with the press turn system.

This game hits all the right notes for me though, so many sub systems and things to level up, it's really hard to stop playing.

I'm 6 hours in and about to go to the boss of the first dungeon, playing on very hard. Hasn't been too bad so far, hope I didn't make a mistake starting at that difficulty!

Well I got to the first day where I am able to see what other people have done (pretty much the first day where I can actually choose what I want to do)

April 18th I think it was.

Anyway, stopping there for tonight. I sent friend requests to everyone I could from the spreadsheet (although a few of you seem to have friend requests blocked or something).

Loving this game so far, I can't wait to play more tomorrow!

doomquake

My Solid Gold is still in New Jersey. Why do you hate me UPS.

ups.jpg

I am liking the game so far! probably my first ever japanese rpg..i don't count the time i played FFX in japanese on my ps2 because the graphics were AMAZING for back then

cjkeats

How soon can I S-Link
Marie
? In the voices thing people are spending time with her but I can't seem to find her
outside the velvet room
. I'm on the 20th.

Side note, with the SOS thing I've seen at least 7 or 8 Yu's, one Narakumi, and no Charlies.

demonkaze

So i was wondering if there was any 1st playthrough max social link guides yet for golden including the new content. Just got done with that for p3p last month and really enjoyed it.

Necrovex

I do not remember if it acts the same way in P2IS, but in P1P it drastically lowered the encounter rate once you started getting stronger than the enemies in your area.

Now it is mandatory that I acquire this item. Time to check a walk-through to discover how to get this mystical item!

Yo which club should I sign up for?
Drama or Music?

Drama. I felt weird inside when I did the social link involving the music classroom.

inter

Is there any good info anywhere about how to do fusions? I'm not sure I really understand it outside of putting two/three together. :eek:

Necrovex

Is there any good info anywhere about how to do fusions? I'm not sure I really understand it outside of putting two/three together. :eek:

To this day, I still don't truly understand the fusion system. When I played Persona 4 a few years back, I was simply experimenting with the fusions, and I had so much fun seeing what would work and what wouldn't work.

The best piece of info I can give you for that mechanic is to remember to register your personas' information into the compendium before fusing them together. I didn't know that for the longest time, and it bit me on the ass later on when I decided to fuse some older creatures together.

inter

To this day, I still don't truly understand the fusion system. When I played Persona 4 a few years back, I was simply experimenting with the fusions, and I had so much fun seeing what would work and what wouldn't work.

The best piece of info I can give you for that mechanic is to remember to register your personas' information into the compendium before fusing them together. I didn't know that for the longest time, and it bit me on the ass later on when I decided to fuse some older creatures together.

That's good to know, thanks.

Does registering them allow me to "recall" them after they've been fused?

There's stuff like fusion charts and the like around the web which explain it fairly well but it can still be a bit confusing in parts. Honestly you may just be best off making liberal use of the search feature in P4G when fusing, it is rather helpful.

Necrovex

That's good to know, thanks.

Does registering them allow me to "recall" them after they've been fused?

The advantage of registering is your Personas will retain their levels and abilities pre-fusion; you won't have to retrain those Personas.

Golbez

How soon can I S-Link
Marie
? In the voices thing people are spending time with her but I can't seem to find her
outside the velvet room
. I'm on the 20th.

Side note, with the SOS thing I've seen at least 7 or 8 Yu's, one Narakumi, and no Charlies.
She's a bit weird in that I had to enter the Velvet Room twice in the same day before the option to start her S. Link came up. Maybe it was because of the Skill Card explanation being first.

I finally ran into another Charlie last night. Other notable saves have been from a Kirito and a Jesus.

More impressions:

Marie doesn't seem that out of place. I kind of like her so far.

The character portraits during the all out attacks are...weird. I mean they look good, but I miss the old ones.

Like how there are are more lines during battle, "Show'em who's boss!"

New Chie is growing on me, so is new Teddie.

Really like the Vox Populi. Guess I could probably do max social run since everyone else is doing it too, lol .Though I'm not going to be near wifi source all the time as I'm playing, so that might be a problem.

New fusion search is really cool, nice that it shows a list of possible fusions I can make with all the personas in my party.

Anyone having a glitch where the voice samples inside dungeons aren't playing? Like how in the top left corner, there would be Teddie usually saying something "Sensei's health is low", etc. But for some lines, nothing plays, but the music volume pretty clearly lowers as if someone was about to say something.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, the new social links. When should I mix them into the Max S. Link guide I'm using from the PS2 version so I'm not missing them?

Dantis

The character portraits during the all out attacks are...weird. I mean they look good, but I miss the old ones.

They're really well drawn (It is Soejima, after all), but they don't like even slightly like battle poses. More like poses for a photograph.

cj_iwakura

Yep. I didn't like any of the music S Link, and I was kinda weirded out because the character looks about twelve.

Drama Club is far better.

Honestly I liked Music Club more. Drama is too... well, full of drama. The music girl is at least a nice person.

Dantis

Honestly I liked Music Club more. Drama is too... well, full of drama. The music girl is at least a nice person.

Music Club is a nicer story, I'll admit. Drama is a more Persona 3-ish story, whereas Music is very Persona 4.

I'd probably like it more if I liked Ayane more. And if she didn't look like a child... :/

They're really well drawn (It is Soejima, after all), but they don't like even slightly like battle poses. More like poses for a photograph.
Yeah, that's my problem with it. They don't look like they're about to attack something. They seem way too peppy. There's like a huge freaking grin on Yosuke's face. I just realized that these are those portraits for the wallpapers that you're supposed to use for the Vita lock screen.

Top Bottom