• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

cjkeats

Has Megruo or anyone ever said why the songs are mostly English? For a game so set in regular Japanese high school life, seems interesting.
I know Lotous Juice writes his solo stuff in English too, and it's really good if you haven't checked it out.

cj_iwakura

Has Megruo or anyone ever said why the songs are mostly English? For a game so set in regular Japanese high school life, seems interesting.
I know Lotous Juice writes his solo stuff in English too, and it's really good if you haven't checked it out.

Well, Atlus USA staff did help with the lyrics for the P4 stuff(namely Yu Namba I believe). Maybe they wanted a global appeal for it.

Curufinwe

Music Club is a nicer story, I'll admit. Drama is a more Persona 3-ish story, whereas Music is very Persona 4.

I'd probably like it more if I liked Ayane more. And if she didn't look like a child... :/

As Vinny pointed out in the GB ER, she looks a bit like Chiaotzu.

dragon_ball_z_budokai_tenkaichi_3_conceptart_znL69.jpg

Dantis

I really should order my import games from Amazon.com. Still waiting on my VG+ order.

Me too. I reckon we'll see it tomorrow though.

Yeah, that's my problem with it. They don't look like they're about to attack something. They seem way too peppy. There's like a huge freaking grin on Yosuke's face. I just realized that these are those portraits for the wallpapers that you're supposed to use for the Vita lock screen.

Yup. I have a feeling that they were drawn as promo art first, and repurposed for the game later.

kewlmyc

So, the new social links. When should I mix them into the Max S. Link guide I'm using from the PS2 version so I'm not missing them?

Do you really need a max social link guide? P4 was already easier than P3 to max in the original version, plus now you have 2 extra months. Just always have a persona of the same arcana as the social link you're doing and get the dungeons done as quick as possible and you're set. Also eat at Aiya's on rainy days.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Where do I get that fishing hook? >_<

Necrovex

Honestly I liked Music Club more. Drama is too... well, full of drama. The music girl is at least a nice person.

That's why the drama social link is so much better than the music club link.

Music Club is a nicer story, I'll admit. Drama is a more Persona 3-ish story, whereas Music is very Persona 4.

I'd probably like it more if I liked Ayane more. And if she didn't look like a child... :/

This is probably why I enjoy the Drama Club more. Fuck, I cannot wait to play P3P!

That was the point; a mockery of that thing in DSs having a token loli. Hence people cracking on Charlie for taking out what they thought was an elementary school kid and everything.

Jeff: "...and so yeah, that's when I learned that Drama Club girls are DRA-MA."

*sees Music Club Slink*

Jeff "So yeah, Drama Club it is, then."

Syrinx

I really need to learn to bail out when I reach a checkpoint or boss door (I had no problem doing this in P3 FES, how come I keep pushing now? Maybe I need to get it into my head that the fog is still a ways off). At least this game lets you restart from the current floor, so it's not screwing me as much.

Game is fucking rad. First time playing Persona 4 for me, and so far it's as good as I'd hoped.

cjkeats

That was the point as mockery of that thing in DSs having a token loli. Hence people cracking on Charlie for taking out what they thought was an elementary school kid and everything.

Jeff: "...and so yeah, that's when I learned that Drama Club girls are DRA-MA."

*sees Music Club Slink*

Jeff "So yeah, Drama Club it is, then."

That's pretty much the monologue I had in my head the first time I played it.

Dantis

That's why the drama social link is so much better than the music club link.

This is probably why I enjoy the Drama Club more. Fuck, I cannot wait to play P3P!

Mhmm. A lot of P3's S-Links had some element of sadness or tragedy. Even those which didn't had a kind of morbid humour to them (
Like Tanaka, who after everything, genuinely was just a bastard. A stark contrast to P4's Devil Link
).

It's kind of neat though, because (Whether it was deliberate or not), it gives the player characters a personality. The P3MC hangs around with people who might otherwise be alone - a dying boy, an alcoholic monk, an old couple running a book store. P4MC's friends are comparatively normal, and his closest friends are the investigation team. Even outside of that, his friends are the jocks, or the attractive posh girl. It's interesting stuff.

*Sigh*... Persona.

Best ever.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I really need to learn to bail out when I reach a checkpoint or boss door (I had no problem doing this in P3 FES, how come I keep pushing now? Maybe I need to get it into my head that the fog is still a ways off). At least this game lets you restart from the current floor, so it's not screwing me as much.

Game is fucking rad. First time playing Persona 4 for me, and so far it's as good as I'd hoped.

Because P3 punished you for pushing further with decreasing stats if you went over the tired limit. Finished the first dungeon (Shadow Yuki) in a day at least! No time wasted! :)

Necrovex

Mhmm. A lot of P3's S-Links had some element of sadness or tragedy. Even those which didn't had a kind of morbid humour to them (
Like Tanaka, who after everything, genuinely was just a bastard. A stark contrast to P4's Devil Link
).

It's kind of neat though, because (Whether it was deliberate or not), it gives the player characters a personality. The P3MC hangs around with people who might otherwise be alone - a dying boy, an alcoholic monk, an old couple running a book store. P4MC's friends are comparatively normal, and his closest friends are the investigation team. Even outside of that, his friends are the jocks, or the attractive posh girl. It's interesting stuff.

*Sigh*... Persona.

Best ever.

Tanaka was hiliarious. I remember playing with my friend through Persona 3, and I decided to give Tanaka a sleezy businessman voice. It worked out perfectly for his character progression (though I don't know if I can say truly say "progression" for his growth)

Let's hope Atlas doesn't drop the ball on Persona 5. Though, after Catherine (concerning its character and story), I feel comfortable about Persona 5. I wonder what the running theme will be for the next title?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's pretty much the monologue I had in my head the first time I played it.

When I first played it I thought it mirrored P3 where it didn't matter which club you picked, you'd end up with the same NPC for the SL.

It wasn't until much later I found out differently.

I didn't last more than 2 stages with Ayame.

Dantis

Tanaka was hiliarious. I remember playing with my friend through Persona 3, and I decided to give Tanaka a sleezy businessman voice. It worked out perfectly for his character progression (though I don't know if I can say truly say "progression" for his growth)

Let's hope Atlas doesn't drop the ball on Persona 5. Though, after Catherine (concerning its character and story), I feel comfortable about Persona 5. I wonder what the running theme will be for the next title?

Mhmm, I loved Tanaka's S Link too.
I was waiting for the moment when he was going to become a cliche, and say he's realised the error of his ways. Never happened, and that made me happy.

I'm really confident that whatever the team does next will be fantastic. Between Hashino, Soejima and Meguro, I really think they're the three strongest, most creative leads in the industry right now.

I just hope they show it off soon. :p

cjkeats

When I first played it I thought it mirrored P3 where it didn't matter which club you picked, you'd end up with the same NPC for the SL.

It wasn't until much later I found out differently.

I didn't last more than 2 stages with Ayame.

I'm doing that route this time because I haven't done it yet. She didn't seem to bad in the anime.

Necrovex

Another question about Persona 2, do I really need to bother forming pacts and acquiring cards if I am only interested in plowing through the game?

lilty

Hey guys, buying a Vita today and it comes with a 4GB card. Will P4G fit on the card or will I need to buy a bigger one? Thanks.

lilty

Thanks guys. I'm really stretching my budget to get this, so I'll get a bigger card during the holidays. Much appreciated. :)

Dantis

Another question about Persona 2, do I really need to bother forming pacts and acquiring cards if I am only interested in plowing through the game?

It would make things easier to do it now and again. I used this guide to just bash out some cards. Also, make sure you get all the ultimate Personas when you get to Mt. Iwato.

im a bit confused wifh how voice works. they say many people chose to spend time with marie on the first day, can you even spend time wjth her on the first day you can do stuff (4/18)?

Picked it up! :)

I personally like the clean crisp graphics. I can't play the muddy and blurry PS2 version anymore on a HD TV. I kind of wish the Vita one was a full remake, but it still looks pretty.

Great game. Really good.

pahamrick

Really, really enjoying it. I'm liking the differences from P3/P3P as far as shuffle time and the team up attacks that randomly happen.

Since it's my first time playing P4, going in blind and not using any sort of guide or walk through. Still trying to max as many stats as possible for my second play when I will use a guide, though.

Pretty sure I posted it before, but if anyone wants to add on PSN my id is The_Spectralist

Worth getting this if I haven't played any Persona games before?

GAF didn't let me down with Okami HD (amazing fricking game).

I haven't really enjoyed many RPGs in a long time either, so this may be a worthwhile pickup.

Cheska

There's something about playing Persona 4 on Thanksgiving that just feels.....right. Maybe it's the familiarity of it and that it can be considered a comfort game to many, but either way I know what I'll be doing after I stuff myself with turkey.

idz0MG.gif

Top Bottom