• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

There's something about playing Persona 4 on Thanksgiving that just feels.....right. Maybe it's the familiarity of it and that it can be considered a comfort game to many, but either way I know what I'll be doing after I stuff myself with turkey.

idz0MG.gif

They never show P1 or 2 in these things :(

Necrovex

My final post on Persona 2, this gameplay has gotten on my nerves again. I am simply not enjoying myself, so I am going to leave Persona 2 for an indefinite amount of time. There are too many other games I really want to play, so I'll come back to P2 during a lull period. I am determine to complete it one day because of its plot and characters.

Was originally intending to spend most of my time playing Wii U games today, but have been hooked on Persona 4 for the majority of my available time. Damn you Persona based goodness!

Never been one to collect things but I'm wondering if I should crack open my Solid Gold edition or just dl the digital version and then keep the CE sealed. Not dying to play it atm.

Chris R

The game is so much better than what I remember from the endurance run. Only downer is that changing the clothing isn't reflected in the icon or gang up animation :(

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
After the amazing high of recieving this today in middle England less than 48 hours after it left NYC I get home to the stark realisation that my Vita battery is dead and I have no idea where my charger is.

I have nearly torn this place apart trying to find it, so far no luck. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
THERE. Exams and labs and marking and other garbage all finished until finals in a few weeks.

Now I can actually play this fo' realsies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Who's voicing Teddie this time? Sometimes the similarities to the original are uncanny. I liked it in P4A, but we're getting more lines this time around so it's easier to judge.

Also, SOS is interesting. It's too bad you can't check to see if anyone responded to your call for help. I just did it out of curiosity.

I saw someone else asked and it didn't get answered. How do you get the fish hook and the fishing pole?
I think now you have to talk to the old guy at the riverbank and then talk to the jewel exchange shop lady at night. Apparently according to the JP wiki (man, it'd be easier if I'd done it myself that way I could give good info) you need to feed her fish with a bug (get one from the bug-catching minigame at the shrine) or something to get the fishing hook. Then after that you can ask the old guy for the fishing rod.

Astra

Picked up a new, expensive pair of headphones today. Got them cheap, though. Going to enjoy the sounds of Persona 4 with them! The Vita's volume does not go high enough.

Venfayth

Talk to the kid at the shrine during the day, he'll tell you he's hungry/thirsty for a specific item. Bring him that item (you can either get it from the steak place next to Aiya or from one of the vending machines) and you'll trade it for a ladybug.

Bring that ladybug to the Pub at night and the woman there will feed it to her fish, the fish will cough up the fishing hook.

From that point on you can trade the ladybugs to her once a night for some bread crumbs. Both the bread crumbs and the ladybugs can be used as bait (for different kinds of fish) while fishing.

Dantis

I wonder what the new Personas are, anyone seen em?

Yes I have. :p

The one for Marie's S Link is neat.

My final post on Persona 2, this gameplay has gotten on my nerves again. I am simply not enjoying myself, so I am going to leave Persona 2 for an indefinite amount of time. There are too many other games I really want to play, so I'll come back to P2 during a lull period. I am determine to complete it one day because of its plot and characters.

Bad times. :(

cjkeats

Picked up a new, expensive pair of headphones today. Got them cheap, though. Going to enjoy the sounds of Persona 4 with them! The Vita's volume does not go high enough.

I did the same yesterday! got a pair of Sennheiser HD's for cheap. I never noticed the sound of footsteps going up the stairs when you go to your room before.

P90

Worth getting this if I haven't played any Persona games before?

GAF didn't let me down with Okami HD (amazing fricking game).

I haven't really enjoyed many RPGs in a long time either, so this may be a worthwhile pickup.

I am biased, but, Persona-lly, I say an absolute yes. The game takes a couple hours before you get off the rails, but that is due to story set up. IMO, P4 is one of the best games of all time. (IGN doesn't think so, though). grrrrrrrr.

If you are new to Persona, you might want to go with an easier difficulty off the bat.

When you get your game we will welcome aboard the Persona train! Grab your character avatar, etc.

P90

The impedance of the headphones might not be matching the Vita or your headphones are less efficient models. I use AKG K240s. My ears can only take less than halfway up on the Vita's volume with the K240s. I am hearing every detail. Also, headphones, like all speakers need 30-100 hours of use to break in. Never judge a pair of headphones/speakers right out of the box.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Doesn't the garden just give you items for dungeoning (ex: the tomatoes that heal for 20 SP; melon for all HP/SP recover; unlocking wheat for unlocking treasure chests) and creating buffs in battles (red/blue/green paprika)?

My brother likes watching me play this game. Therefore it is a good game.

Uncle AJ

There's something about playing Persona 4 on Thanksgiving that just feels.....right. Maybe it's the familiarity of it and that it can be considered a comfort game to many, but either way I know what I'll be doing after I stuff myself with turkey.

idz0MG.gif

This is me right now, and I've never been a fan of playing RPGs while drunk. And after thinking I'm a stud and starting on Very Hard, then having my ass handed to me by SHADOW CHIE of all things, I should probably hold off on tackling the Yukiko dungeon until I'm at full mental capacity.

bigkrev

All I want to do is go back home and keep playing...

I wish the game did a better job telling you if your ready for an enemy or not. Last night I was going back through Yukiko's castle, breezing through the baddies, and then I got to
the boss who proceeded to one shot the MC at full health :(

Dantis

All I want to do is go back home and keep playing...

I wish the game did a better job telling you if your ready for an enemy or not. Last night I was going back through Yukiko's castle, breezing through the baddies, and then I got to
the boss who proceeded to one shot the MC at full health :(

Generally, the method is to gain something like ten levels for each boss, as I recall.

Also, it would be very silly if you were grinding and then somebody said "Hey! We're strong enough to take on the next boss now!".

EDIT: Wait, you mean the optional boss? Yeah, you were just doing that too early.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So, um... how's everyone liking the new battle theme so far?

I think it's alright, and I looooooooooove the bass, but it's no Reach Out to the Truth.

Dantis

So, um... how's everyone liking the new battle theme so far?

I think it's alright, and I looooooooooove the bass, but it's no Reach Out to the Truth.

It's not terrible, but I'd consider it the weakest Meguro battle theme in the series. Not a patch on Reach, Mass Destruction, Lone Prayer or Wiping All Out.

Astra

I did the same yesterday! got a pair of Sennheiser HD's for cheap. I never noticed the sound of footsteps going up the stairs when you go to your room before.

Awesome! A good pair of headphones make a huge difference. The sound is just much more rich and deep, than with these cheap earbuds I was using.

The impedance of the headphones might not be matching the Vita or your headphones are less efficient models. I use AKG K240s. My ears can only take less than halfway up on the Vita's volume with the K240s. I am hearing every detail. Also, headphones, like all speakers need 30-100 hours of use to break in. Never judge a pair of headphones/speakers right out of the box.

That's true, they're fresh out of the box. The animated cutscenes are actually very loud, and I have to turn the volume down quite a bit. I picked up these ones. They were on clearance at Futureshop for $62.

Top Bottom