• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Venfayth

Is it really necessary to Hama it? My party is ~ lvl 17 and I just physical rush them until it crits, than I all out or start attacking the other hands if there's multiple. I kill them at least 80% of the time, especially if I get a tag-team attack.

If it's alone that works, usually. Against the 2-3 packs.. I pretty much need a Hama or Mudo to hit or there's no way I'm gonna kill them. (Edit: I still haven't had one hit, so I don't even know if they resist it or something)

Also, are you playing on Very Hard? I do ridiculously little damage to them.

Astral

I forgot how hard it was to manage your time in this game. There are so many people to hang out with. The addition of Marie just makes things harder assuming hanging out with her takes time.

yami4ct

If it's alone that works, usually. Against the 2-3 packs.. I pretty much need a Hama or Mudo to hit or there's no way I'm gonna kill them.

Also, are you playing on Very Hard? I do ridiculously little damage to them.

I typically can make it work on 2 packs, but, yeah 3 packs are virtually impossible. Guess it's a lot to do with luck. I'm playing on Hard, though, not Very Hard, so that may make up some of the difference. Still, only getting like 8 points damage max for any individual attack. Group attacks will do like 60+ and another 40+ if it hits a tag team after. Sometimes I get lucky and it'll do more.

I forgot how hard it was to manage your time in this game. There are so many people to hang out with. The addition of Marie just makes things harder assuming hanging out with her takes time.

The two extra social links do put a substantial drain on your time, but at least 1 of them can sometimes be done at night. Also the game gives you like an extra month or so, if I remember correctly. That should really help.

Golbez

Huh, I didn't expect this. I just got the first exam results in, and despite getting my Knowledge up to Rank 3 and answering every question right, I was only in the Top 10, not the highest score. Do you have to have Rank 4 Knowledge before the first exam now? That would be nuts. Or was it originally like that and I'm just confusing it with Persona 3?

I suppose it could be a New Game + thing like having enough Courage to ask for Chie's number. Incidentally, I had enough by the time Yukiko's came rolling around.

Fairly quick. At some point fairly early, April 18th for me, you just walk into the Velvet Room and that starts an event that you can jumpstart the Marie SL. After they talk to you, you just hit "Check on Residents" in the Velvet Room and than hit "Hear Marie's Request". After that, she appears outside next to the VR Door in the shopping district when you can S.Link.

Really? Cuz I checked up on her in the TV world, and in the shopping district and both times the SL never triggered. I'll try again.

Also, I'm hoping to get the true ending this time around to P4.

how so?

Still uses bullshit dark stuff?

Tempest Slash - Default
Agidyne - Default
Garudyne - Default
Mudoon - Default
Hamaon - Default
Megidola - Default (SP Cost Nerfed to 24SP)
Deathbound Default
Tetrakarn - Level 56
Virus Wave - Level 58
Mudo Boost - Level 60
Hama Boost - Level 62
Makarakarn - Level 64
Mamudoon - Level 68
Mahamaon - Level 70
Vorpal Blade - Level 73
Megidolaon - Level75 (SP Cost Nerfed to 38SP)

Invigorate 1 - Social Link Rank 2
Mind Charge - Social Link Rank 4
Invigorate 2 - Social Link Rank 6
Heat Riser - Social Link Rank 8
Invigorate 3 - Social Link Rank 10

Bufudyne - Bike Skill 1
Ziodyne - Bike Skill 2
Tetraja - Bike Skill 3
Myriad Arrows - Bike Skill 4
Angelic Grace - Bike Skill 5

Tier 3 Skill - Max Social Link before 10th of January and talk to Naoto for Social Link Event. Blocks all damage (once) to party members - 160 SP

Venfayth

Dayum, son.

Yeah, I was knowledge rank 3 and answered all questions correctly and got top 10 also. I can't recall if it's that way in the first game, I think it is.

How hard is P4G's Very Hard compared to PS2 P4's hard?

Way harder :x Way grindier also, since you get reduced EXP and Gold in the dungeon.

bakedpony

Dayum, son.

Yeah, I was knowledge rank 3 and answered all questions correctly and got top 10 also. I can't recall if it's that way in the first game, I think it is.

Way harder :x Way grindier also, since you get reduced EXP and Gold in the dungeon.

Wow. Guess that will be done on New Game Plus then

aV1Bnl.jpg

It must be raining!

I take it they have some special on a rainy day? I love this game yet it kills me sometimes all the choices I have to make.

God DAMN. Went from worthless to beast mode. Do you have the lists for the other characters?

Yosuke
Garu - Default
Bash - Default
Dia - Default
Sukukaja - Level 5
Makajam - Level 10
Skull Cracker - Level 14
Magaru - Level 18
Tentrafoo - Level 23
Garula - Level 29
Power Slash -Level 34
Magarula - Level 40
Wind Boost - Level 44
Wind Break - Level 49
Garudyne - Level 53
Masukukaja - Level 60
Magarudyne - Level 64
Brave Blade - Level 69
Wind Amp - Level 73

Trafuri - Social Link Rank 2
Dekaja - Social Link Rank 4
Auto-Sukukaja - Social Link Rank 6
Diarama - Social Link Rank 8
Evade Elec - Social Link Rank 10

Confuse Up - Bike Skill 1
Megido - Bike Skill 2
Green Wall - Bike Skill 3
Makara Break - Bike Skill 4
Diarahan - Bike Skill 4

Tier 3 Skill Functions as using a Diarama and Sukukaja at the same time.

Chie

Skewer - Default
Tarukaja - Default
Bufu - Level 6
Skull Cracker - Level 11
Mabufu - Level 14
Rampage - Level 20
Assault Dive - Level 22
Counter - Level 24
Gale Slash - Level 29
Apt Pupil - Level 33
Auto-Tarukaja - Level 36
Black Spot - Level 38
Counterstrike - Level 43
Heat Wave - Level 46
Power Charge - Level 52
High Counter - Level 61
Rainy Death - Level 67
God's Hand - Level 70
Agneyastra - Level 74

Rebellion - Social Link Rank 2
Ice Boost - Social Link Rank 4
Revolution - Social Link Rank 6
Bufula - Social Link Rank 8
Evade Fire - Social Link Rank 10

Hama - Bike Skill 1
Mind Slice - Bike Skill 2
Hamaon - Bike Skill 3
Tetra Break - Bike Skill 4
Mabufudyne - Bike Skill 4

Tier 3 Skill Functions as Heat Riser on the entire party

Kanji
Mazio - Default
Zionga - Default
Rakukaja - Default
Kill Rush - Default
Regenerate 1 - Default
Elec Boost - Level 27
Fatal End - Level 34
Cruel Attack - Level 38
Mazionga - Level 40
Torrent Shot - Level 44
Elec Break - Level 48
Ziodyne - Level 54
Vile Assault - Level 58
Matarukaja - Level 60
Maziodyne - Level 67
Primal Force - Level 73
Elec Amp 75

Dizzy Boost - Social Link Rank 2
Masukunda - Social Link Rank 4
Power Charge - Social Link Rank 6
Regenerate 3 - Social Link Rank 8
Evade Wind - Social Link Rank 10

Media - Bike Skill 1
Atom Smasher - Bike Skill 2
Blue Wall - Bike Skill 3
Speedy Recovery - Bike Skill 4
Mediarama - Bike Skill 5

Tier 3 Skill apparently downs all enemies

Looking for the rest

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The Bike skills are when you call them for backup, right? Because I remember seeing a video of one with Chie doing something similar to her Galactic Punt and thought that was all it did.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do you really need a max social link guide? P4 was already easier than P3 to max in the original version, plus now you have 2 extra months. Just always have a persona of the same arcana as the social link you're doing and get the dungeons done as quick as possible and you're set. Also eat at Aiya's on rainy days.

For the first run through? Yes. Since raising your skills to open links is greek to me.

There's no ability to max your courage in a day and the like and since those take up S. Link time that could be used for the 3-4 new S. Links or other S. Links...

Kyon

Banned
ok... i feel like CRYING because P4 is in a post office somewhere in my city and wont be here till the 27th -__- i need it NOW. Anyone know how to return to sender for NewEgg when it gets here(and does it cost anything? im thinking of just buying the digital version. I cant wait i just cant

milkham

ok... i feel like CRYING because P4 is in a post office somewhere in my city and wont be here till the 27th -__- i need it NOW. Anyone know how to return to sender for NewEgg when it gets here(and does it cost anything? im thinking of just buying the digital version. I cant wait i just cant

i think you can just tell the delivery guy that you are refusing the shipment and it will go back

Oh sis.

TheSeks

When I go the the TV world, how many floors do you guys think I should go through per visit?

Honestly, go for broke. Depending on how much money you have and how you manage your SP you can get to the final boss door depending on how your party is set up and if you use your party's SP skills to knock down/all-out attack like P3.

Godspoken @ GFAQs on rescue messages said:
What you put on your card isn't what shows up. Regardless, my card says:

"Dojima is a hot bear".

With Teddie's face.

OMG, I'm going to use this. Too bad Dojima technically isn't a bear since he has no stomach.

Got my Solid Gold edition yesterday, international shipping from Gamestop is an absolute rip off, but this is something I wanted and saves me buying a case. Hopefully I can get any SMTIV special edition through Amazon next time.

Now if only I had a Vita.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Curious about the (social link spoilers? Is this a spoiler?)
Marie social link
so I started it (will reload and do the strength one instead because I've always wanted a screen of the balls quote) and uh, huh.

Tsundere?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Marie social link
so I started it (will reload and do the strength one instead because I've always wanted a screen of the balls quote) and uh, huh.

Tsundere?

I believe she does have tsuntsun tendencies.

tch

It's worth every penny man, it's like the total opposite of Final Fantasy 13. :p

It wont be on sale anytime soon either.

What if I liked ff13? Will I love this or hate it? I'm having trouble justifying $40 on this, even though I am aware of the wealth of content. Damn holiday deals are spoiling me..

Curufinwe

Marie social link

Tsundere?

I hope to get a screen shot of this. I think it was from a Sunday "date" with the sports guys.

100_3358.jpg

Hmm. Finally a couple of hours in. I was delayed by wrapping up Virtue's Last Reward.

So long since I have played, and seeing the anime in the interim a few months ago, I am experiencing things I don't remember, and I'm not sure what is new and what is simply forgotten. Good thing regardless.

Anyways, on voices. Old Teddie was magnificent, new Teddie is good. Like 80% of the way there.

New Chie is inconsistent. On a typical line she will be fine, but on certain words, and also when she raises the emotion level, for excitement, or fear, or whatever, a nasally whine creeps in that I really don't like. Anyways, I think (hope) she is growing on me.

Also, if the complaints were that she sounded too old, then why none of that for Yukiko? Because she is a subdued character it is okay to sound older?

How long do you think a New Game+ run would take, if my sole purpose was to max S-links? Typically I will try to max in one play through, just because I don't have a ton of time to play these games, and I don't think it ruins the fun for me. And I enjoy accessing all/almost all of the content and think it far outweighs doing stuff exactly when I want to. But if levels, attributes, etc. carry over, and with the skip function, I figure I can access most of what I missed. Do S-links reset or not? And I hear there is New Game+ exclusive content anyways. I think I know what that is, but don't tell me because I don't know if there is more than what I have heard or not.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They needed more hot mens in this. Theodore in P3P was a lovely addition, imo.

Instead, I'm stuck with Brosuke, SwagC, GETBENT-kun, and Bishie-Bear. I sorta wished they added a FeMC to this, even though it would've made some bits way different. Being Nanako's big sis would've been cool.

Curufinwe said:
I hope to get a screen shot of this. I think it was from a Sunday "date" with the sports guys.
Oh shit, I completely forgot about this. Hahaha. That might've been on a break or something. I forgot.

tch said:
What if I liked ff13? Will I love this or hate it? I'm having trouble justifying $40 on this, even though I am aware of the wealth of content. Damn holiday deals are spoiling me.
I feel like I'm getting my money's worth, even having played the original twice. In some cases, I feel like I'm going into unknown / new territory because of all the changes, very hard mode, and rebalancing.

TheSeks

Top Bottom