• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Omikaru

I bought the Vita bundle on Amazon, and went out to get P4G today. I opened the case and was kinda depressed.

ki4fs.png

Do Vita games not come with a manual or anything like that?

Unfortunately not. The manual is on the Vita game card itself, accessed through the Live Area, or whatever it's called before you boot the game.

Man, I am super jelly of all you guys playing P4G right now. It'd best come tomorrow, or I'll set my dog on the postman.

Not really. I don't have a dog.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've got a ton of screenshots but SPOILERS so I'm going to avoid posting them. :(

So here's some wallpapers/screens of FMVs. Not too sure how quality they are but here you go:

Trigger

Weird, I liked Erica a lot. In fact none of the VO from Catherine is bad. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm used to the other Chie.

Holy shit spoilers for repeat players even?

FUCKING REAPER IN A CHEST OH GOD 3 HOURS LOST

Doesn't it also appear in dungeon floors if you stay too long? I swear I've heard the chains rattling.

Venfayth

Holy shit spoilers for repeat players even?

FUCKING REAPER IN A CHEST OH GOD 3 HOURS LOST

Cmawn dude it warns you a bunch :D

Doesn't it also appear in dungeon floors if you stay too long? I swear I've heard the chains rattling.

He shows up in a random chest after you open 20 chests. The chains rattling means he's in one. There are like two prompts before you open him, though, saying LOOKOUT

Dantis

I bought the Vita bundle on Amazon, and went out to get P4G today. I opened the case and was kinda depressed.

ki4fs.png

Do Vita games not come with a manual or anything like that?

JP version got a controls leaflet and a P4U ad.

Superior version. :O

If Vita games don't come with a manual then what the hell's the point of that clip on the left side of the case?

Some do. Rayman, for example.

Caved and bought this to go with my new Vita. Ordered it from Newegg since their listing says it still includes the Vita skin, hope that's right.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Someday i'll purchase a Vita specifically for this game, if only it were possible to have Jeff and Vinny narrate and play the whole thing for me.
The GB endurance runs have left a hole in my heart that remains to be filled.

Tiu Neo

My copy should be here by monday. I'm not really sure how this happened, since games normally take from two weeks to one month to arrive here. I'm still waiting my AC3: Liberation, for example.

It's... Some kind of miracle. Something is telling me to play this game asap. And to think I almost bought the digital version while I waited for my physical copy. PSASBR saved my wallet.

Nexas

I don't know if I have just gotten used to it, or if it's getting better, but Erin's Chie sounds fine to me now. I just did
her rank 9 event, which is fully voiced now,
and thought it was actually pretty good.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How many gigs is the game? Is it worth getting physical or digital?

3.1 GB and it depends on how large your memory card is. If you just have the 4 GB one, you're better off getting the physical card, even 8 is pushing it.

I have a 16 GB card and still went for physical because I like my physical media, plus I bought the Solid Gold edition. ;p

Cloudy

Banned
Are the blue butterfy save points new? I don't remember getting to save so early when I played it on ps2 for an hour or so

Are the blue butterfy save points new? I don't remember getting to save so early when I played it on ps2 for an hour or so

Nope, they were in the original.

Edit: Though I think the waltz around the shopping center near the beginning is new which is where you could have saved early on. I don't remember it from the ps2 version (or I just forgot because its inconsequential).

Trigger

In the original, the first 20 or so minutes is nothing but cutscenes. They gave us sometime to walk around in Golden. I wish they didn't remove save points from next to boss doors. It's inconvenient to backtrack back to the entrance.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

... What does he do?

Same thing as P3. You fight him for a tough challenge and I think (?) a strong weapon drops. lol, I never cared to fight him.

Sophia

Nope, they were in the original.

Edit: Though I think the waltz around the shopping center near the beginning is new which is where you could have saved early on. I don't remember it from the ps2 version (or I just forgot because its inconsequential).

It's new. Also looking through some playthroughs of the English version, the dubbing performance for Chie isn't quite like the one she did for Persona 4 Arena.

EDIT: I knew I wasn't deluding myself, Erin Fitzgerald's voice is noticeably more squeakier in Persona 4 Golden than it was for Arena.

I did a three day marathon, beating P3P just in time to start up P4 the day it came out.

I'm in fucking looooove. Never played the PS2 version, started on Hard and adoring this. So happy with the presentation.

Venfayth

In the original, the first 20 or so minutes is nothing but cutscenes. They gave us sometime to walk around in Golden. I wish they didn't remove save points from next to boss doors. It's inconvenient to backtrack back to the entrance.

I think this is why Goho-M's are so much more common.

kewlmyc

So, Yukiko and Chie just did some move called "Twin Dragon" that didn't do much damage, but was flashy as hell and damaged everything on screen. What was that about?

Trigger

Goho-Ms are great. I also didn't realize that it was a pun on "go home" until I saw the old P4 GAF thread.

So, Yukiko and Chie just did some move called "Twin Dragon" that didn't do much damage, but was flashy as hell and damaged everything on screen. What was that about?

lol, you more or less saw what that was about. Characters can do dual attacks if an all-out attack leaves enemies remaining. It's random, but good for mopping up crowds. I've only seen Chie/Yukiko, but if I had to guess the other pairs are (late game spoilers)
Teddie/Yosuke and Kanji/Naoto

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I remember there being save points with auto-go back to start in the OG. I played on normal then and not hard though. That might be it.

BearPawB

Banned
So I think I broke my "voice" button. I was somehow able to move it around. Now it in the top middle of my screen and I can't click it.

It's borked in my save as wel. Any ideas?

yami4ct

So, I've been super careful about my S.Link schedule, but I will say it doesn't seem like it's going to be too difficult to Max them all on one playthrough. I'm only a couple months in, and am like 6 or 7 on a huge number of them. Seems way faster pace than my original playthrough, but now that I know how to min/max Social Stats, it's way easier as well.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I could've sworn that Daring Gigases were weak vs Garu.

Seems like they're not in this version? So, I guess regular enemies got rebalanced too. Edit: seems like they're weak vs Hama now.

Top Bottom