• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

My Solid Gold finally arrived today. Jesus, Amazon.

But now I'm hesitant to open it up. Have you guys seen how much they're going for online?!?

(I will open it up. I bought it to play, not to sell.)

Dantis

This game has quite the slow start. It's interesting, but just slow.

It's slow, but I loved it the first few times. It's only on this most recent playthrough where it became a chore.

Once you get the to the first dungeon is when the game kicks in proper, and you'll realise why people love it so much.

Varna

The narration just kills the scenes in this game. OK, so I just finished watching something that made the situations fairly obvious... then two characters have to run me through and on top of all that the narrator has to spell it out for me one final time. Why do developers think people who play games are stupid?

Dantis

The narration just kills the scenes in this game. OK, so I just finished watching something that made the situations fairly obvious... then two characters have to run me through and on top of all that the narrator has to spell it out for me one final time. Why do developers think people who play games are stupid?

The narrator?

What?

Varna

The narrator?

What?

I'm not sure what the exact name for it is. Any time something of importance happens, right after 2-3 difference sources tell you whats going on, the last bit of dialogue is always something like "You feel like <insert obvious plot element that has already been explained in great detail>..."

It's just a nit-pick... but why is this kind of writing always in JRPGs. :/

Chavelo

k41kQ.gif

The Amazon Gold Box Vita bundle just got shipped. Gonna sell ACIII and put that towards this one sole game I want to play on the system... AWWWYEAH.jpg

Sophia

The narrator?

What?

"You should leave him be."

The narration does kinda get a bit captain obvious at times, but it's oh so funny as dialogue in the anime. >_>;

One thing I forgot: the music for this game is fantastic. I'm hardly into this sort of music usually (mostly rock and metal for me) but goddamn if the school/town theme and the main battle theme (sorry, don't know the names of the songs) aren't catchy as hell and fun to listen to. Persona 3 had a similar effect, but I think this game has even better music.

Speaking of which, am I a bad person for watching the opening video every time just to see Rise dancing?

Nah. One can never get enough of that Rise moe-moe.

BTW, love the Bubblegum Rainicorn avatar you got.

Syrinx

Nah. One can never get enough of that Rise moe-moe.

BTW, love the Bubblegum Rainicorn avatar you got.

Thank you :).

About 15 and a half hours in right now. Nothing much new, just progressing through
the bathhouse.
Was able to slay a good amount of wealth hands and really cash in on exp and dough. Aw yeah.

Trigger

What would you consider the cut-off for the "start"? My friends generally consider it to be
defeating shadow Yukiko in the castle.

IMO, the "start" ends with
Shadow Chie. Once you can start exploring and socializing like normal then I feel like the game has finally opened up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can anyone tell me what the answer to this classroom question is? I skipped the dialog box accidentally and I didn't see it. I thought it said
how many parts
and the answers are:

a) two
b) three
c) seven

I need to help out yosuke

Cloudy

Banned
Can anyone tell me what the answer to this classroom question is? I skipped the dialog box accidentally and I didn't see it. I thought it said
how many parts[/spoiiler] and the answers are:

a) two
b) three
c) seven

I need to help out yosuke
If you hold select, you can review all the dialogue in a scene

Ponn

Banned
Holy cow hard mode is kicking my butt. I keep running out of SP and cannot buy potions for that anywhere.

Also stuck right now in
Yukikos castle on I think 6th floor keep getting teleported away from reaching the door and only other one is locked

Great though, enjoying it alot more then P3P even though P3P was great too.

Thoraxes

You can just put in your tracking number on the actual UPS site for an exact delivery estimate. Mine shipped out from newegg on Tuesday as well but it's not getting here until Tuesday next week.

Yeah, mine also shipped Tuesday, but it's not getting here till Monday, even with the 3-day.

P90

according to the menu.

"Chicken and steak teriyaki rice"

Extra meat free special today.

I'm eating, but i can't see the end of the tunnel :S

No rice is visible...

Your stats, errrr, waistline/HDLs have gotta go up with that dish! I'm jealous. Got the stomach flu last night.

Velcro Fly

Wow that is some rough luck with Newegg. I live near Chicago and have had stuff ship from as far away as New Jersey and get here in 3 days.

LOL,rise and Marie are slowly becoming my favorite characters in the game. They act almost identical to some people I know in real life. (minus being a famous pop star and having amneisa and writing shitty poems of course.)

Astra

I'm late to the steak party, forgive me Armada (speaking of, I haven't seen him post in awhile. I hope Thanksgiving isn't cutting into Persona time!).

Anyway, made some steak for dinner tonight, and it was delicious!

Crappy iPod quality pictures.

Its raw state.

Browning up...

Other side browning up...

Juices pooling!

All done!

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the actual finished product on the plate, all sauced up nicely. Still, they were melt in your mouth delicious, Chie would have been proud.

well i'm done.

finished most of the meat. looking at the greasy rice underneath... nope.

I feel pretty greasy all over. urk.

not going out to the club tonight.

I am so happy I trusted you guys and picked this up. I adore this game and I am fully of all kinds of hyperbole I want to spout out but I just think Ill go back to playing.

Astra

I am so happy I trusted you guys and picked this up. I adore this game and I am fully of all kinds of hyperbole I want to spout out but I just think Ill go back to playing.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Warms my heart to see first-timers taking such a liking to this amazing game. I wish I could experience my first time with it again.

My vita has a bunch of games now, this, sony smash, ac liberation, black ops declassified (i know i know), uncharted, jet set radio, wipeout.

My vita has a bunch of games now, this, sony smash, ac liberation, black ops declassified (i know i know), uncharted, jet set radio, wipeout.

I was watching my brother play the MP of declassified and I have to say it looked pretty much exactly like COD which is pretty dang cool. I think Ill pick it up once it drops in price.

I was watching my brother play the MP of declassified and I have to say it looked pretty much exactly like COD which is pretty dang cool. I think Ill pick it up once it drops in price.

It is flawed, but fine. Should have had bigger maps, more than 4 vs 4, more maps, but its fine on the mp side.

Top Bottom