• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

I would like to thank everyone who picked up Persona 4. Maybe if we wish reeaaallly hard we could get Nocturne in HD.:)

OR DDS?!? :O

Also, I was thinking, if they made a definitive version of P3P, with all the content and full 3D, for Vita, I'd buy it.

Yes I would.

Omikaru

Game finally came today, complete with Vita cover. Going to give my system a proper clean later and apply it.

Even "better" news is that my friend friend flaked on me today, so my entire day was made free. So instead of being down the pub, I watched the rugby in my living room as I played P4G. It was immense and worked out perfectly.

Loving the game so far. I'm at about lvl 12-13, about to take on
Shadow Yukiko
, but I remember this one being a tough battle in the first game, so I might grind to 14-15 before I go for it, but I reached the top of the dungeon in one grind, which is good for me as I was totally sucking at P4 on my first playthrough back all those years ago. But then again, this game doesn't feel anywhere near as challenging.

It's also great to see so many people on my friends list playing it, but that's probably because a few of PersonaGAF have added me to PSN this week. I know there's no in-game function, but it's still cool to have an active Live Area for this game (and I've even had some likes and comments on my activity), so if any of you want to add me on PSN, my ID is the same as my GAF name. Feel free to add me.

OR DDS?!? :O

Also, I was thinking, if they made a definitive version of P3P, with all the content and full 3D, for Vita, I'd buy it.

Yes I would.
I think the next step up for Persona is to have a game on both PS3 and Vita, with Cross Save support. Whilst I'd love a 3D P3P, I think I'd rather they work on Persona 5 and have this as a feature.

I would like to thank everyone who picked up Persona 4. Maybe if we wish reeaaallly hard we could get Nocturne in HD.:)
For me, it was a no brainer and a day 1 preorder. I hear the words "Atlus rpg," even if it's a game I've played before, I'm effing in.

...if they made a definitive version of P3P, with all the content and full 3D, for Vita, I'd buy it.

Yes I would.
I already own 4 different versions of P3.

sigh...yeah, I'd buy it too.

Even though I'm still burned on that 'other' Persona game I couldn't play... I gave in to my urge and imported Persona 4 Golden to Germany :) I don't even have a Vita yet, but I'm gonna save up some money to get one in the next few months (keeping my fingers crossed for some good offer similiar to the us black friday deals for Europe). Currently playing P3P on PSP since I hadn't finished that yet and I'm really looking forward to P4G (.. and the Vita). Good to see that game is so well received, played it on PS2 a few years back and it was awesome! Great OP for this thread, too :)

Dantis

I think the next step up for Persona is to have a game on both PS3 and Vita, with Cross Save support. Whilst I'd love a 3D P3P, I think I'd rather they work on Persona 5 and have this as a feature.

Different teams. The main dev team has been working on P5 for ages now.

Omikaru

Different teams. The main dev team has been working on P5 for ages now.

Ah, well in that case I would 100% be behind a P4G-style version of P3P. I think it'd be perfect to play through the female MC in 3D. But at this point I'd settle for PS2 support on Vita (not happening, I know), so we could at least play the downloaded version of P3 FES (provided that gets a release in the EU -- publishing situation is a bit up in the air, as I understand).

Venfayth

I hate provocative school-girl anime, squeaky voices and doll collections, but I love SRPG's. Should I get P4G???

This game is closer to FF7 than it is to FFT, if that's what you mean by SRPG.

That being said, this is probably the best JRPG ever made, but it is rife with Anime content.

P90

I hate provocative school-girl anime, squeaky voices and doll collections, but I love SRPG's. Should I get P4G???

P4G is not an SRPG. There are squeaky voices. What do you mean by "provocative school-girl anime"? By most accounts, P4 is one of the best RPGs of all time. Make your judgement from there.

Trigger

Oh wow.
This remix of I'll Face Myself for Mitsuo's shadow is fucking ace. I didn't expect this.
(Spoilers for those who haven't played through P4 before).

No. It's got all the anime hijinks one would expect of a JRPG set in a high school setting. Strategy isn't non-existent, but it's far less complicated than most SRPGs.

tch

Finally coughed up the 40 bucks and ordered this. Got the physical version because fuck I don't have 3 GBs to spare. Can't wait!

totally hit a speed bump way too early. In the first castle I got to the boss but I am only lvl 9 and getting killed. should I start the dungeon over from the beginning. I'm also down to the last 2 rainy days.

Astral

I'm so bad at managing time in this game. When should I start doing the daycare Social Link? Doesn't it interfere with Yosuke's?

Venfayth

Ugh, Fifth Shadow down.

I don't know if I'm too impatient with grinding, my party is level 30 and MC is level 32, but there's almost no point to trying to keep my party alive during boss fights, they are too much of a liability. MC has solo'd the last two bosses now. Although this time, I was able to guess when the boss had 1 hit left of life, and chained Resurrection Beads on my party, and then dealt the final blow with the last person I revived so that they could at least get some EXP this time.

Trigger

totally hit a speed bump way too early. In the first castle I got to the boss but I am only lvl 9 and getting killed. should I start the dungeon over from the beginning. I'm also down to the last 2 rainy days.

What difficulty are you on? My normal schedule for the game is dungeon first, social links second. You can rewind by a week once you miss a deadline. It shouldn't take you longer than two days to beat a dungeon unless you're on hard or very hard.

Venfayth

I'm so bad at managing time in this game. When should I start doing the daycare Social Link? Doesn't it interfere with Yosuke's?

I recommend doing non-party member S.Links whenever you can't do a party member S.Link, especially in Golden, due to the bonuses you get when your party members s.link up.

Don't worry about doing two different S.Links at the same time, you don't need to "finish" one before you do another.

Just do them whenever you have time.

Nexas

After all this rebalancing Chie still has shitty skill distribution? And now Kanji gets Power Charge? Some one on the design team must have it out for Chie.

Trigger

Is it just me or are there more Golden Hands around? I've ran onto like 7 and I'm only just finished the second dungeon.

There are more of them and they're easier to beat to boot. I've been able to farm a few of them per day to get large amounts of cash. I also don't recall them giving out so much experience.

Very lttp because my game only arrived today, but for those of you that got the pre-order skin (or from the Solid Gold Edition) did you use it? And if so, how did it turn out?

kewlmyc

so rise is pretty much the canon relationship in the game right? Just like Yukari/Elizabeth/p3 protagonist right?

You're entering dangerous territory by mentioning "canon" love interest in P3/P4. I suggest you stop now. :p

Also, how do I get more costumes? Do I get them throughout the story or do I have to buy them/find them in dungeons?

LOL. I don't see Aigis/protagonist as romantic at all. It was kinda like a master/slave relationship. Plus you can't penetrate a robot.

hammer-drill-adapter1.jpeg

I regret nothing.

Top Bottom