• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

You're entering dangerous territory by mentioning "canon" love interest in P3/P4. I suggest you stop now. :p

Also, how do I get more costumes? Do I get them throughout the story or do I have to buy them/find them in dungeons?

You buy them at a store in Okina. Seasonal costumes are unlocked when the appropriate time comes (aka summer costumes when summer arrives).

But it's bit that simple. Maya and Tatsuya are more little brother older sister like in Innocent Sin, only in Eternal Punishment could it possibly be romantic, plus there is Lisa and Jun...

SoulUnison

Banned
I feel bad saying this, but, if I'm doing an Izanagi-Only run, do the S. Links besides my chosen party members really matter?
You don't even get Skill Cards through fusion anymore, so there's no need to speed up their leveling with Links to get Skill Cards faster. I don't really see any reason in Fusion at all, for this playthrough, really.

I'm only on 5/28, though, if there's new gameplay systems that open up later, or something.

Okay you can penetrate a robot. But Aigis is different from the robots from ghost in the shell and she doesn't have any flesh light features afaik. Like I said before Yukari/Elizabeth =Cannon

Venfayth

For what it's worth, Aigis doesn't seem to mind to share the protagonist...

image.php

Trigger

I feel bad saying this, but, if I'm doing an Izanagi-Only run, do the S. Links besides my chosen party members really matter?
You don't even get Skill Cards through fusion anymore, so there's no need to speed up their leveling with Links to get Skill Cards faster. I don't really see any reason in Fusion at all, for this playthrough, really.

I'm only on 5/28, though, if there's new gameplay systems that open up later, or something.

I'm doing Izanagi only run on Hard mode myself. You can copy certain skills from other personas that Izanagi won't naturally get so I'd say there are some reasons to do so.

LOL. I don't see Aigis/protagonist as romantic at all. It was kinda like a master/slave relationship. Plus you can't penetrate a robot.
68DDa.gif

I DID love how the romantic partners you max with in P3 would refuse to hang out with you afterwards.

I developed a headcannon where he's the a smooth player during the courting phase, but then the world's most horrifically awkward lover, causing people to avoid him the next day.

Venfayth

Slightly off topic, but for those of you who've played P3Fes and P3P, which would you rate as superior storyline : male or female MC?

Um, I liked them both for different things.

One character in particular is expanded upon way more in the female one, that I wish had more of a role in the male one.

Trigger

I prefer the girl side, but the male version of events has the advantage of a playable epilogue in FES. If someone wanted the definitive experience I'd tell them to play as the guy.

Just beat
Kanji's Shadow
by the skin of my damn teeth at level 22 on Hard. I gotta grind a LOT more.

Recruiting people is more natural in P4 as opposed to P3 but the scope is a bit smaller. Not better or worse, just different so far.

Dresden

Okay you can penetrate a robot. But Aigis is different from the robots from ghost in the shell and she doesn't have any flesh light features afaik. Like I said before Yukari/Elizabeth =Cannon

Get your mind out of the gutter. Only thing they'll be doing is hand holding.

pahamrick

Really hating the void quest boss shadow. Just spent the last 45 minutes fighting it only to die because of a fear wipe. Guess its time to grind and hope for some resist fear accessories.

Syrinx

So I got to the point where I met Rise.
Maybe I'll like her better after she joins the party, but she just seemed so...melancholy. Maybe when doing her dungeon with her shadow I'll learn more, but I imagine it'll have something to do with the frustrations of fame and whatnot.

The camping trip was hilarious. Just thought I'd say.

I love this game.

Golbez

Maybe I'll like her better after she joins the party, but she just seemed so...melancholy. Maybe when doing her dungeon with her shadow I'll learn more, but I imagine it'll have something to do with the frustrations of fame and whatnot.

I love this game.
Mystery Food X strikes again!

pahamrick

So, I finally beat that boss. Going through the story bit, where you're talking to the person and the vita just hard locks. Screen went black, the blue light started flashing. Thankfully a quick google search helped me fix that issue, but I am not looking forward to another round against that shadow boss.

Venfayth

So, I finally beat that boss. Going through the story bit, where you're talking to the person and the vita just hard locks. Screen went black, the blue light started flashing. Thankfully a quick google search helped me fix that issue, but I am not looking forward to another round against that shadow boss.

What is the issue with a vita lock there? And what was the solution?

yami4ct

I love this game.

The problem with her you mentioned is a part of the plot. She changes going forward. They even make a point of pointing out her personality shift. You may or may not like her then. I really do find her charming.

pahamrick

What is the issue with a vita lock there? And what was the solution?

No idea what caused it. Only thing I can figure was I had the web browser active while in game. During the scene right after the void quest boss the screen went black and the blue light just started flashing, solution was to just hold the power button until the light stopped and the system reset into its restore menu which lets you pick an option to reset the system.

Third dungeon boss spoilers:

Shadow Teddie
seemed like a pretty unnecessary difficulty spike. No boss should take 30-45 minutes to fight that early in the game... (I have no idea how long it actually did take me, but that's what it felt like)

Then again, maybe I shouldn't still be using the same weapons and armor that everyone started with...

But why the hell are they so expensive? I shouldn't ever have to spend money on equipment or consumables, I should be able to find everything I need in treasure chests! Augh.

No equipment in treasure chests is the worst thing about this game.

Ponn

Banned
I think i screwed myself. Im playing on hard, didnt grind and screwed around social linking with jailbait band girl, no cash, no sp potions, level 11 at
yukiko shadow
I have the strategy down its just the boss has so much HP and im not doing enough damage and low on sp with no potions and then
that bastard prince charming shows up with a shitload of hp and healing
and everything quickly goes down hill fast. Im on the last day so grindings out. Should i just start over?

LordAlu

This had better arrive tomorrow! That would make it 10 days since it shipped, which isn't bad from Canada, but still... I want to play!

Sophia

I think i screwed myself. Im playing on hard, didnt grind and screwed around social linking with jailbait band girl, no cash, no sp potions, level 11 at
yukiko shadow
I have the strategy down its just the boss has so much HP and im not doing enough damage and low on sp with no potions and then
that bastard prince charming shows up with a shitload of hp and healing
and everything quickly goes down hill fast. Im on the last day so grindings out. Should i just start over?

You sound like you're underleveled, even for P4Golden's easier version of the boss. I usually make sure my party is level 14 at this point. Also, what Person are you using and what abilities?

Third dungeon boss spoilers:

Shadow Teddie
seemed like a pretty unnecessary difficulty spike. No boss should take 30-45 minutes to fight that early in the game... (I have no idea how long it actually did take me, but that's what it felt like)

Then again, maybe I shouldn't still be using the same weapons and armor that everyone started with...

But why the hell are they so expensive? I shouldn't ever have to spend money on equipment or consumables, I should be able to find everything I need in treasure chests! Augh.

No equipment in treasure chests is the worst thing about this game.

Are you selling all your materials to Daidara? They serve no purpose other than to be sold to him so... You should be able to keep up relatively that way for most gear, and yeah as PataHikari said gold chests have equipment in them.

Ponn

Banned
You sound like you're underleveled, even for P4Golden's easier version of the boss. I usually make sure my party is level 14 at this point. Also, what Person are you using and what abilities.

Oh I know im underleveled. Its just ive been getting by pretty good by using the right tactics and figured id grind after beating the boss but now im stuck with no more time. MC has izanagi, oroboras, fourneas and sandman.

Sophia

Oh I know im underleveled. Its just ive been getting by pretty good by using the right tactics and figured id grind after beating the boss but now im stuck with no more time. MC has izanagi, oroboras, fourneas and sandman.

Well, as for your Persona line up,
Forneus will help you with the boss and Izanagi will help you with the Prince Charming. You also may wish to pick up a Slime for Red Wall to protect Chie from fire attacks or a Senri for it's healing abilities.

My strategy in the original game was to
Level Slime up, fuse it into a Senri and making sure it got Red Wall through inheritance , and then leveled up Senri til it got Media. Effectively making Narukami go defense. But as I understand this strategy isn't quite necessary in The Golden due to changes with the boss's weaknesses.

If you truly think you can't beat it within the time you have remaining then
let time run out and you'll be given the option to go back a week at the cost of your social link progress for that week.

I've opened every gold chest I've seen and never received equipment from them.

The equipment at Daidara is way too expensive to buy. I need that money for other things

mollipen

What are you spending money on? Except for when I need to call up Persona I've just used as a part of a fusion but still want, I'm trying to think of anything I ever use money on on any sort of a regular basis beyond Daidara.

kewlmyc

I've opened every gold chest I've seen and never received equipment from them.

The equipment at Daidara is way too expensive to buy. I need that money for other things
Sounds like you need to get a job. Also, equipment draws from golden chest are random.

What are you spending money on? Except for when I need to call up Persona I've just used as a part of a fusion but still want, I'm trying to think of anything I ever use money on on any sort of a regular basis beyond Daidara.
Rainy day specials?

Ken

Beef Bowls.

Just like in real life.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

There's Mr All-yo-yens, but he's too dammed expensive at any level, especially the lower ones.

Mostly just rebuying personas.

I had about 80k yen after the second dungeon but then had only about 20k by the time I went to the third and I'm not really sure where THAT money went...

I didn't buy equipment with it, I did do some fusions but not a lot... yeah I'm really not sure what I did with my money. Ate at Aiya on all the rainy days. That 3000 yen each time adds up fast

Oh and I bought all the books I could. Also the shopping channel

I have about 80k again now. So if I wanted to upgrade I could buy maybe 3 or 4 weapons before I'm completely broke

mollipen

There's Mr All-yo-yens, but he's too dammed expensive at any level, especially the lower ones.

If anybody is actually using him on a regular basis, they're Persona 4ing wrong. If you aren't used to playing a Persona game, though, I could definitely see people thinking they're actually supposed to use his services on a regular basis/before his SL is maxed out.

Mostly just rebuying personas.

You shouldn't be re-buying Personas enough to be broke from it. At least in the early goings, you should be collecting a bunch of Persona from Shuffle Chances, fusing them, and building from there. And unless you've worked hard to put together a really perfected Persona, you should be using them until they're a good stepping stone to a better Persona, and then not looking back.

Top Bottom