• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

Mostly just rebuying personas.

I had about 80k yen after the second dungeon but then had only about 20k by the time I went to the third and I'm not really sure where THAT money went...

I didn't buy equipment with it, I did do some fusions but not a lot... yeah I'm really not sure what I did with my money. Ate at Aiya on all the rainy days. That 3000 yen each time adds up fast

Oh and I bought all the books I could. Also the shopping channel

I have about 80k again now. So if I wanted to upgrade I could buy maybe 3 or 4 weapons before I'm completely broke

Stop doing that. You're throwing away money needlessly. With how easy it is to reobtain Personas and how the fusion system levels UP (with some exceptions) the end results of the fusion, there's no reason to constantly blow money on rebuying Personas.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If anybody is actually using him on a regular basis, they're Persona 4ing wrong. If you aren't used to playing a Persona game, though, I could definitely see people thinking they're actually supposed to use his services on a regular basis/before his SL is maxed out.

Beginner's Trap! Although I do talk to him for the shit he gives me. Thanks for the free Snuff Soul!

I hope youre fighting the optional shadow bosses to get character specific weapons.

What level should you even start to do that?

I went to the one in
Yukiko's Castle
for the hell of it after I beat it and that dude bitch slapped me in one hit lol.

mollipen

i have a sharp student skill card,... what is this?

Skill Cards are new in Golden, and they allow you to add skills to Persona directly. If you give the card to Marie, she'll record it in her book, and then you can buy a copy of that card at any time.

It's basically "super easy mode for making Persona if you're rich" that was added to the game—as if allowing you to pick which skills get passed on wasn't enough. *heh*

Ostinatto

Skill Cards are new in Golden, and they allow you to add skills to Persona directly. If you give the card to Marie, she'll record it in her book, and then you can buy a copy of that card at any time.

It's basically "super easy mode for making Persona if you're rich" that was added to the game—as if allowing you to pick which skills get passed on wasn't enough. *heh*

great info but what this card do exactly? :)

http://persona4.wikia.com/wiki/Sharp_Student

PAY ATTENTION, FOOL

what is this?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I want to finish this because I like the style so much, but the whole calendar thing is so annoying to me. I don't care how forgiving it is, I feel the burden all the time and it's suffocating. It's like some weird gaming phobia. I must be completely free in an RPG.

What level should you even start to do that?

I went to the one in
Yukiko's Castle
for the hell of it after I beat it and that dude bitch slapped me in one hit lol.
Im a pussy and I usually only fight him when Im level 30. I tried fighting him at 24 right before dungeon 2 boss, and I just got rampaged the hell up even with a strong to physical persona like Rakshasa.

Ken

Hah, the
hitting on girls for their phone numbers in Okina City was funny.

;_;

I want to finish this because I like the style so much, but the whole calendar thing is so annoying to me. I don't care how forgiving it is, I feel the burden all the time and it's suffocating. It's like some weird gaming phobia. I must be completely free in an RPG.

Really? I'm actually enjoying the whole calendar system. Makes me feel like I'm in school again. Monday to Friday I need to study, work, and go into the TV. Saturday and Sunday is for eating beef bowls and being lazy. It's silly but fun.

Im a pussy and I usually only fight him when Im level 30. I tried fighting him at 24 right before dungeon 2 boss, and I just got rampaged the hell up even with a strong to physical persona like Rakshasa.

I actually ended up beating the first bonus boss at level 20 without a physical resist persona because for some reason he didn't use rampage the entire fight. Not sure what the odds of that happening are but it sure did make things easier having the weapon for a while.

Ken

I actually ended up beating the first bonus boss at level 20 without a physical resist persona because for some reason he didn't use rampage the entire fight. Not sure what the odds of that happening are but it sure did make things easier having the weapon for a while.

I beat him at 19 using Jack Frost and Bufula. I got lucky and he never used rampage.

Just a quick question. How are you supposed to 1day yukikos castle on normal? I run out of SP.

1. Use SP items

2. Send an SOS between every battle. This really helps keep the SP up

3. Give ALL YOUR YENS to the Fox

4. If you can't do 1-3 you're just gonna have to leave and come back another day...

Edit: wait, is the fox even available at that point? Nevermind that

Just a quick question. How are you supposed to 1day yukikos castle on normal? I run out of SP.

Use SoS after every battle as it provides enough SP for one to two dia casts per character each time. Also try to get as many player advantages to start fights as possible so you can beat battles using rush mode before the enemy has a turn and you don't have to waste any SP on them.

1. Use SP items

2. Send an SOS between every battle. This really helps keep the SP up

3. Give ALL YOUR YENS to the Fox

4. If you can't do 1-3 you're just gonna have to leave and come back another day...

Edit: wait, is the fox even available at that point? Nevermind that

Where can I get SP items early on? THAT early anyway. Is TAP soda still my best bet?

Sophia

Avenger Knights on the 6th/7th floor have a chance of dropping Snuff Souls, at least in the original game. Pretty sure there's a mob that can drop TaP Sodas on those floors too.

mollipen

Wait... Why are you needing to do a full run in one day?

And I play P4 pretty similar to how I played P3 - when I open a new dungeon, I just book through it until I get to the point where I can't / shouldn't go farther yet. Then, I go back and actually fight stuff, usually from the top down.

So, you could always do something similar - ignore normal monsters, and conserve your SP by doing so. Unless I'm just not understanding the situation you've found yourself in.

Dantis

Who is the canon love interest of Persona 1 and 2 hurr...I bet none of you even know people from that game...kidding!

Maki and Maya. Who are also the best characters in their respective games.

Wait... Why are you needing to do a full run in one day?

And I play P4 pretty similar to how I played P3 - when I open a new dungeon, I just book through it until I get to the point where I can't / shouldn't go farther yet. Then, I go back and actually fight stuff, usually from the top down.

So, you could always do something similar - ignore normal monsters, and conserve your SP by doing so. Unless I'm just not understanding the situation you've found yourself in.

I think because all the veterans are doing it in a single day, he wants to as well to maximise S-Linking time.

EDIT: Also, the Aika thing is really neat. The first time you go in, he says "Hey, you go to Yasogami High? My daughter goes there too!" and then when you go in a few times later, he says "My daughter goes to your school! She says you're a cool guy! Her name is Aika, by the way.".

When I played P3FES and P3P I always did as much of Tartarus as I could in one go.

Restoring SP at the entrance in P3P was pretty cheap. It was free in FES.

I'm really not sure why they made restoring SP such a pain in this game.

Though once I got a Persona with Cool Breeze in P3P I never had to worry about SP ever again. Hopefully that skill exists in this game so I can do the same thing.

When I played P3FES and P3P I always did as much of Tartarus as I could in one go.

Restoring SP at the entrance in P3P was pretty cheap. It was free in FES.

I'm really not sure why they made restoring SP such a pain in this game.

Though once I got a Persona with Cool Breeze in P3P I never had to worry about SP ever again. Hopefully that skill exists in this game so I can do the same thing.

I haven't run out of SP once on normal difficulty. I could probably go infinitely in normal without ever having to use an SP item or use the fox to be honest.

Not sure how bad it is on hard and very hard but SoS makes maintaining SP on normal a total joke, I get enough SP from a one answer SoS right now to always get a free media every battle with Yukiko which is more then enough to recoup losses from trash mobs. I ended the first dungeon with 11 SP items dropped from chests in a single run on top of getting SP for dia with both the MC and Yosuke from SoS.

Lusankya

Another nice methode to farm easy SP is beating the shit out of the early Yukiko Castle shadows. You don't need any spells to kill them quickly and as soon as you get a clean sweep you get it basically after every fight which means a ton of HP/SP regeneration cards.

It can take quite a while but is also a great way to upgrade your persona because of all the +Lvl/St/Ma/Ag/En/Lu cards you'll encounter and you don't have to give that stupid "yip, yip, all yo' yens!" fox your hard earned money!

Maki and Maya. Who are also the best characters in their respective games.

I think because all the veterans are doing it in a single day, he wants to as well to maximise S-Linking time.

EDIT: Also, the Aika thing is really neat. The first time you go in, he says "Hey, you go to Yasogami High? My daughter goes there too!" and then when you go in a few times later, he says "My daughter goes to your school! She says you're a cool guy! Her name is Aika, by the way.".

I actually am a vet, I just always had trouble with Yukis because of no Fox. Hers always took me two days instead of one.

And why can't I go back to earlier dungeons during a rescue anyway? I only ever get one option from Teddie.

Do I HAVE to go into the TV more than once per rescue mission if I want to revisit dungeons?

That is totally lame if so.

And why can't I go back to earlier dungeons during a rescue anyway? I only ever get one option from Teddie.

Do I HAVE to go into the TV more than once per rescue mission if I want to revisit dungeons?

That is totally lame if so.

Talk to the other characters to go back to their dungeons.

Goddamn, I used to hate getting peach seeds in chests and always hoped for sp recovery items, now the opposite is happening.

Edit: found a peach seed and beat contrarian king without grinding. Mission accomplished.

Also Chie's new inline skates weapon is awesome. I recommend everyone go to the shiroku pub and get those weapons. Got a spiked bat for the protagonist too.

Lusankya

Edit: found a peach seed and beat contrarian king without grinding. Mission accomplished.
On what difficulty? I am playing on hard and was on a level that I could beat Shadow Kanji quite easily, but the contrarian king still wiped out my whole party (even Yu with resist physical attacks) with one attack... And yes I used Tarunda on him. :(

Also Chie's new inline skates weapon is awesome. I recommend everyone go to the shiroku pub and get those weapons. Got a spiked bat for the protagonist too.
Where is the shiroku pub? :eek:

On what difficulty? I am playing on hard and was on a level that I could beat Shadow Kanji quite easily, but the contrarian king still wiped out my whole party (even Yu with resist physical attacks) with one attack... And yes I used Tarunda on him. :(

Where is the shiroku pub? :eek:
Normal, but I think my strategy can still work on hard. Have rakshasa equiped, use rakunda, then have yosuke sukukaja every one every turn, have chie use bufu, have yukiko guard and heal when necessary, you attack whenever rakunda is still in effect. I suppose I also got lucky since for once, king never used rampage.

Shiroku pub is the night time version of the shiroku store. You can trade item drops from enemies for new weapons. I really want the Santa fan for yukiko.

Dantis

What do you guys feel about the game from the technical side? I know it is not native resolution but anything to know about before purchasing the game?

Very polished, completely free of glitches, but visually still a PS2 game.

The art direction is head and shoulders above pretty much anything though.

Also, I just got 17.5k EXP in the second dungeon. Very Easy + new Shuffle Time = Hilariously broken.

Dantis

...Someone needs to stop me from grinding.

I'm at the top of the second dungeon. Level 35. 350k yen.

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying Very Easy.

P90

What do you guys feel about the game from the technical side? I know it is not native resolution but anything to know about before purchasing the game?

That is tough. Persona games aren't about pushing hardware. It has some jaggies. Frame rate is solid. I can't tell 30 fps v. 60 fps. Great color and contrast. The game is totally bear-able to my eyes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That is tough. Persona games aren't about pushing hardware. It has some jaggies. Frame rate is solid. I can't tell 30 fps v. 60 fps. Great color and contrast. The game is totally bear-able to my eyes.

tumblr_lpz00zsFYa1qmotlh.gif

Alrix

i'm a newb to persona but have always wanted to get into it, so a question for the series veterans: what's a good jumping-in point? do i need to play them all in order? I don't have a vita, but that's currently the only system i do not own so i can get anything for psp/ps2/ps3. if its the type of series that each game is generally unrelated to each other like final fantasy i would be cool starting at the newer games but idk if the story reaches far back or not.

Golbez

Fucking Contrarian King.

Fuck that guy.
Believe it or not, I beat him (on Normal) before going into the second dungeon, probably because he never used Rampage on me. I also made sure to keep up the pressure on him thinking any given turn near the end could be a Rampage, but...

Not sure of the exact level, but since I hadn't even gone to the second dungeon it was probably 16 or 17.

Top Bottom