• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

New Teddie is pretty damn close to the original. I only notice the difference when he says lines that were very memorable from the original release.

yami4ct

Man am I like the only person who has no issue with Chies new VA? She seems fine to me.

Nope, I think she fits the character well. I actually like her new voice better.
Please don't kill me
. New Teddie, on the other hand, is a bit weaker than the original, but still fits just fine.

W1SSY

The new Chie is slowly growing on me. I thought she was un-bear-able at the beginning but I am starting to cope with it.
damn you Teddie
I love the soundtrack, it is just so catchy.
I think the most SOS responses I have got was 4 and I have got that a couple times.

New Teddie is pretty damn close to the original. I only notice the difference when he says lines that were very memorable from the original release.

Go scan an enemy that is a higher level than you. "Yikes, this is one tough enemy!", is probably the worst line in the entire game so far, cringe worthy. Other than that, he does a fine job.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just got my first level 10 bond. The outcome to Yosukes "story" was a bit disappointing though.

Mitama

Damn, that kinda sucks. I've read some posts on Gamefaqs where people apparently have the strongest physical skill and null phys as soon as Rise's dungeon. No clue how far that is in the game since I've never played Persona 4 before. There's also some people who have been using a single Persona for the entire game so far.

Not digging this since fusion is my favourite part of the SMT games and being able to create great Personas with such ease kinda takes away from that.

Damn, that kinda sucks. I've read some posts on Gamefaqs where people apparently have the strongest physical skill and null phys as soon as Rise's dungeon. No clue how far that is in the game since I've never played Persona 4 before. There's also some people who have been using a single Persona for the entire game so far.

Not digging this since fusion is my favourite part of the SMT games and being able to create great Personas with such ease kinda takes away from that.

I get how you feel, making a Metatron that nulls, drains or repels everything but almighty in P4 ps2 was so hard, and so awesome.

Trigger

Yeah, the Magician card is a bit OP. I've gotten Ma- level Rakunda and Tarunda skills, a heavy phys attack, and now megidola. I'm just entering the month of September.

Yeah, the Magician card is a bit OP. I've gotten Ma- level Rakunda and Tarunda skills, a heavy phys attack, and now megidola. I'm just entering the month of September.

I've only ever seen that card ONCE, and I've completed three dungeons now.

Geeze, it seems like a lot of stuff is "rare" in my game that you guys see tons of.

I get no equipment from chests, I get no magician cards... I wonder what's next. I have the worst luck

yami4ct

The problem I find with Magician is you can level your skills higher than your level can really support. My king frost is godlike. It has high level multi-enemy Fire and Ice attacks, Dodge Fire and a whole bunch of multi target buffs and debuffs. Most of this was upgrading skills through Magician. The problem is, at my current level, it tears through my SP like crazy. Later in the game when you'd normally get these, you'd have the SP to support them. It's a bit unbalanced.

yami4ct

He is a character post Persona 2 that is male and not the mc, he will not hook up with anyone ever, or the person he hooks up with will not live.

To be fair, it's only been two games. It's a little early to call this a trend or a staple of persona storytelling.

W1SSY

Shouldn't we use spoiler tags for this?

I'm going to guess 55+. I don't recall that fight being exceptionally tough as long as you cover your weaknesses.

Yea that was what I was thinking. It would be nice to not have to worry about spoilers in the thread because even though this is an old game, this is the first time a lot of us are playing it.

Alfredo

Chie's new VA makes her feel like a different character... like...she's more annoying. Too hyper, and too anime. I'm sure I'll get to used to it, and eventually accept her as the new Chie, but Chie may no longer be my favorite P4 character after that.

At least I still have Troy Baker as Kanji. :D

Yuripaw

Banned
Chie's new VA makes her feel like a different character... like...she's more annoying. Too hyper, and too anime. I'm sure I'll get to used to it, and eventually accept her as the new Chie, but Chie may no longer be my favorite P4 character after that.

This is kinda my feeling...this is tough for me, because look at my friggin avatar. I've been in the Chie fanclub for a long time now, and I hate admitting that they made her kinda annoying >_<

Yuripaw

Banned
He is a character post Persona 2 that is male and not the mc, he will not hook up with anyone ever, or the person he hooks up with will not live.

I kinda didn't wanna to make
Naoto my girlfriend when I originally played it, because I wanted to save her for Kanji

kewlmyc

Junpei? Are we not counting the change to his storyline as canon?

Considering it wasn't in the original, and The Answer doesn't mention it at all, it's safe to assume it isn't canon. Good riddance too. Junpei's story has nice closure without that forced story change.

I kinda didn't wanna to make
Naoto my girlfriend when I originally played it, because I wanted to save her for Kanji

No one hooks up in post persona 2 games because it will piss off the Juvenile side of the fanbase.

Trigger

Junpei deserved some loving.

From the FeMC.

Also: I find Chie freakishly powerful. She keeps critically hitting most of my foes. Bless her.

Considering it wasn't in the original, and The Answer doesn't mention it at all, it's safe to assume it isn't canon. Good riddance too. Junpei's story has nice closure without that forced story change.

No one hooks up in post persona 2 games because it will piss off the Juvenile side of the fanbase.

Hell, Satomi Tadashi himself wrote his own self out of Eternal Punishment. Tamaki Uchida was wondering if her fiancée or husband escaped the assassins (fans) that were after him.

Omikaru

Marie is awful. The worst.

Totally. I can't stand her. Just a miserable cow.

Does anyone know if there's any ending-related content that I need to develop her S.Link to unlock (
like her dungeon
), or does that have no impact on the new content
post-December
?

Totally. I can't stand her. Just a miserable cow.

Does anyone know if there's any ending-related content that I need to develop her S.Link to unlock (
like her dungeon
), or does that have no impact on the new content
post-December
?

I THINK it might be mandatory for true ending

kewlmyc

I THINK it might be mandatory for true ending

Getting her on the lover's route is necessary for
the epilogue
. I guess this way, you're forced to do her route if you want the new stuff. Well played Atlus.

I don't think she's that bad. Her tsundere personality is bland, her poems suck, and her amnesia plotline has been done to death, but she...... I forgot where I was going with this.

Salaadin

I need coal from a steamy basalt in the sauna. Any trick to getting these to appear? I've been running around floor 7 and 8 for almost 2 hours now

Top Bottom