• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

How does the lover stuff work? I maxed out the social link with Yukiko and we are a couple, so how do things play out from here with the other girls?

yami4ct

So i'm wondering if i'm screwed on maxing Justice S-Link? I'm following a guide and when I was supposed to rank up to 2 I forgot to have a matching persona resulting on me only spending time with Justice on that night. Now the guide has me at rank 3 and i'm only 2 and I understand theres a bit of a time limit on that S-Link?

The guide is really just that, a guide. You don't need to be perfect every time to max out all social links. You've made it a little less efficient and tougher, but overall not bad. The extra months added to the calendar make it easier still. You're less efficient, but still OK.

How does the lover stuff work? I maxed out the social link with Yukiko and we are a couple, so how do things play out from here with the other girls?

You get to do certain "lover's events" together. You'll see each other on Christmas and I think Valentine's Day in Golden. There might be some others. If you go with other girls, there will be a couple conflict events you'll have to deal with. The Valentine's Day one feels particularly tough. I'd feel bad about hurting anyone's feelings, haha.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dojima's the best uncle dad ever.
Surprising me with his old scooter filled up with expensive gas? Aw, you shouldn't have!
And he's such a rebel! :lol

demonkaze

The guide is really just that, a guide. You don't need to be perfect every time to max out all social links. You've made it a little less efficient and tougher, but overall not bad. The extra months added to the calendar make it easier still. You're less efficient, but still OK.

What would be a good SL to exchange one night for a Justice one to catch up? Does Justice still have the time limit on it?

You get to do certain "lover's events" together. You'll see each other on Christmas and I think Valentine's Day in Golden. There might be some others. If you go with other girls, there will be a couple conflict events you'll have to deal with. The Valentine's Day one feels particularly tough. I'd feel bad about hurting anyone's feelings, haha.

Thats what I was afraid of. I don't have the heart for this.

Trigger

Wow. I beat a party of two gold shadows and get 10k experience, earn a magician card in shuffle to level up megidola to megidoloan, and just found found another party of four gold shadows. I beat them for about 30k more experience. Yeesh, they really balanced things to be easy.

yami4ct

Thats what I was afraid of. I don't have the heart for this.

You don't need to date to max all S.Links. You can also just go a friend route by picking another option. Moon is the only one that requires dating and
it ends in you breaking up, IIRC
. The friend versus girlfriend option usually happens during the rank up to rank 9 event.

What would be a good SL to exchange one night for a Justice one to catch up? Does Justice still have the time limit on it?

You don't really need to exchange an S.Link. Just fit it in when you have time. There are really only 4 S.Links with the possibilities to night rank up. Just don't do one of your night stat boosting activities and you should be fine. Nanoko may still be time limited, so I would just get to it ASAP.

Wow. I beat a party of two gold shadows and get 10k experience, earn a magician card in shuffle to level up megidola to megidoloan, and just found found another party of four gold shadows. I beat them for about 30k more experience. Yeesh, they really balanced things to be easy.

did you do rise's slink yet?

kewlmyc

I just researched it, you need to add maxing out the Aeon Social Link to this.

So for P4G I think it's as follows:

1.Wait a second here...
2. We're missing something
3. Namatame's true feelings
4. Something's bothering me
5. We're missing something
6. Calm the hell down!

Then you'll need to
Pick the killer out of a list of names

That will get you the normal ending.

Complete the Aeon Social Link (lover not required), then beat the
new dungeon that opens up in January

To get the true ending you have to
talk to all your social links on the last day of the game. Afterwards the game will keep telling you go home, but don't. Eventually you'll get to the true ending dungeon
So you don't need to do her lover's route? That's good to know. Sorry about the wrong information everyone. :(

Nothing. You can do both of them.

Marie + anyone is fine. It doesn't affect Valentine's day.
You've mentioned this before. Have you played the Japanese version? What happens if you date multiple girls come Valentines Day?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Valentine's Day one feels particularly tough. I'd feel bad about hurting anyone's feelings, haha.
That's honestly why I don't want to romance more than one girl. Thus, I hope you don't have to
romance Marie for the epilogue; I want MC to be a one girl kinda dude

Edit: Oh good! Well, I'm glad.

yami4ct

That's honestly why I don't want to romance more than one girl. Thus, I hope you don't have to
romance Marie for the epilogue; I want MC to be a one girl kinda dude

Edit: Oh good! Well, I'm glad.

Even if you did have to romance Marie, which I'm glad you do not, she doesn't take part in any Lover's Activities, so you wouldn't have to go through that heart break.

Look at all these playas romancing all the girls. I stayed loyal to Chie.

I'm at rank 6. lol, I can't imagine how much more powerful she'll get. I wonder if Atlus worried that the game was too hard?

Where you are at right now in it, what does she do? I heard if I wanted the game to remain remotely challenging on very hard, to avoid her link.

yami4ct

So you don't need to do her lover's route? That's good to know. Sorry about the wrong information everyone. :(

You've mentioned this before. Have you played the Japanese version? What happens if you date multiple girls come Valentines Day?

From what I understand, you have to go around to all the other girls and explain why you can't go out on Valentine's Day. The only one I've seen someone have to do that with was Yukiko. It's devastating.

Omikaru

From what I understand, you have to go around to all the other girls and explain why you can't go out on Valentine's Day. The only one I've seen someone have to do that with was Yukiko. It's devastating.

I don't think I could be that kind of asshole. One girl only for me.

yami4ct

I don't think I could be that kind of asshole. One girl only for me.

I dated Yukiko the first time and was going to go with someone different just to see some of the different content with them. When it came down to it, I couldn't. Haha. I'll use my NG+ for that I guess. The fact that there's some new lover's content convinced me to go with the same girl as my first time.

yami4ct

Shall I assume that Marie's not really doing it for a lot of people in this thread?

Oh God...

Like I said, I don't hate her. She's fine. She's just not as deep as the other characters. I already see where her character's going. For me, she's too much like Liz from P3. She lacks a lot of what makes Liz more likable too. In all honesty, I don't really like the whole "just learning about the world" story both those characters have.

kewlmyc

I haven't played it but I am aware of what happens.
You have to break up with each one of them and watch them cry.
Damn. That sucks. But, now I'm curious. I'll probably date everyone and constantly reload just to see everyone's Valentine's Day event.

Is it just the 4 main girls or are Ai and the Drama/Music girls included? Also is it voiced?

Omikaru

I haven't played it but I am aware of what happens.
You have to break up with each one of them and watch them cry.
Oh god. D:

I dated Yukiko the first time and was going to go with someone different just to see some of the different content with them. When it came down to it, I couldn't. Haha. I'll use my NG+ for that I guess. The fact that there's some new lover's content convinced me to go with the same girl as my first time.

I went with Yukiko the first time, and I was kind of tempted to go with her on this run, but I think a new romance is in order. I was thinking Chie before I started, but I think the new voice changes who Chie is and I'm not interested anymore. I think her voice is fine, but I just don't want her on the romance route any more. So I'm thinking Rise this time, since I found her more interesting than she first lets on in P4, but by time my SL started with her I was already dating Yukiko.

Maybe I'll go back to Yukiko on another run. P4G is pretty easy on Normal, and I'm starting to regret this difficulty choice, so I may just jump up to Very Hard next time I play. Quick question on that note: can you change difficulty in NG+?

Trigger

Where you are at right now in it, what does she do? I heard if I wanted the game to remain remotely challenging on very hard, to avoid her link.

At rank 6 I've unlocked most of her normal abilities: she tells me one weakness of a foe (if someone in the party has a corresponding skill), she can keep track of what skills aren't effective, and now she tells me where all the treasure is on a floor. I'm in a boss fight right now so I can't bring up the full list of her skills. She also gets a boost to her attack when she joins in now (but that's from the one bike event I did with her). What's interesting is that most of the things she got from leveling up in P4 are now social link bonuses so it's easier to get.

yami4ct

Damn. That sucks. But, now I'm curious. I'll probably date everyone and constantly reload just to see everyone's Valentine's Day event.

Is it just the 4 main girls or are Ai and the Drama/Music girls included? Also is it voiced?

My assumption is if they have a Christmas event, they have a Valentine's one. No clue if Ai or the Sun girls have them since I never dated either the first time around.

Kazzy

That's pure evil. I'm at least glad they now acknowledge it all, though.

Impressions from what I've played:

-I don't dislike Chie's new VA at all, but I will admit that I'm still terribly attached to the old one. It'll take some time to get over it.

-Marie is cool, seems like a similar arc to Elizabeth, but way more snarkier. I like her interactions with the rest of the gang.

-Seeing what others picked is really cool, and I always laugh at the "went straight home" options. Why would you do that?

-No proper shuffle!? Aw!

-The full extent of the Vita screenshot function will now be used.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Look at all these playas romancing all the girls. I stayed loyal to Chie.

HUGuM.jpg

Salaadin

Is it possible to only romance a single girl while still ranking up all the others? Is a certain rank considered romantic or do they specifically ask you and give you the option to decline right there?

Kazzy

Is it possible to only romance a single girl while still ranking up all the others? Is a certain rank considered romantic or do they specifically ask you and give you the option to decline right there?

You can avoid romantic entanglements, it was only P3 that forced that on you.

Thomper

Recently bought a Vita in Amazon's sale, and now I want to buy this game. One problem: I live in Europe. What's the cheapest store that ships American versions of the game to Europe? I checked Amazon but they charge like 70 dollars.

yami4ct

You can avoid romantic entanglements, it was only P3 that forced that on you.

Worst part of P3. P3 just refused to admit men and women can just be friends. Part of why I like the FemaleMC route in P3P better. She had very few romantic relationships

That's pure evil. I'm at least glad they now acknowledge it all, though.

Impressions from what I've played:

-I don't dislike Chie's new VA at all, but I will admit that I'm still terribly attached to the old one. It'll take some time to get over it.

-Marie is cool, seems like a similar arc to Elizabeth, but way more snarkier. I like her interactions with the rest of the gang.

-Seeing what others picked is really cool, and I always laugh at the "went straight home" options. Why would you do that?

-No proper shuffle!? Aw!

-The full extent of the Vita screenshot function will now be used.

Yeah. I do like they acknowledge it more. P3 acknowledged it a bit and it could have some repercussions. Sadly, to max all S.Links you had to date everyone. That made the acknowledgements more annoying than anything. P4 vanilla had like one scene, but had very little impact. My one hope for P5 is that all this has greater repercussions. I want relationships to develop naturally like P4, but I want those relationships to be acknowledge and matter more than just a couple of times.

Dantis

Light hearted for a while at least.

END GAME SPOILERS.

Except for the whole BTW I'M ACTUALLY A BRINGER OF THE END OF DAYS. =)

I guess it gets more serious as it progresses.

The reveal at the end didn't bother you? I was just like "Er... Wut?". I was expecting some crazy P5 foreshadowing or something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
OMG, the Okina thing.

I don't have enough laughing smilies for this. Edit: oh lawd, I'm crying...

Oh shit, Hanako! Hahahahaha!

yami4ct

Good, thanks.

I dont want to be thrown into any relationships. I think Yukiko wants some of this but I'm strictly a Chie man. Besides, I couldn't do that to Yosuke!

There will be a scene where a girl half-heartedly confesses her feelings to you. You can tell it's that scene because it'll usually be at the end of the lvl 9 S.Link level up. They'll be blushing and one of the options will be obviously starting a relationship. For Yukikio, she asked why I spent time with her. The answers were things like "I like you as a friend" or just plain "I like you.". After you start a relationship, it warns you before starting a new one.

Kazzy

Good, thanks.

I dont want to be thrown into any relationships. I think Yukiko wants some of this but I'm strictly a Chie man. Besides, I couldn't do that to Yosuke!

Wait, what!? Unless there is something more overt in P4G, I never saw anything there.
Chie, neither.

There will be a scene where a girl half-heartedly confesses her feelings to you. You can tell it's that scene because it'll usually be at the end of the lvl 9 S.Link level up.

Except Rise.
The whore.

Trigger

Good, thanks.

You're good, but remember: as far as I know you only get one chance. So think about it carefully.

I'm under the impression that if Yosuke chose any girl it'd be Chie, so you're already cockblocking my man.

Top Bottom