• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

Yosuke actually likes Saki a lot. He just wouldn't mind sticking it something that looks good. He went after Yukiko because she looks good and she has a huge reputation. Now that they are close friends and such, I bet he would not try it again.

His choice of honorifics towards her as the game progresses implies you're right. =P

Astral

Man, Yukiko is very likable in the beginning of the game. I love the scene that leads up to the start of her Social Link. It always almost makes me consider her over Chie. Unfortunately, she gets kinda boring soon after. I guess Chie it is.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They are all great Hall of Fame or HoF-caliber players. Yukiko's color is red. Red Wings. Y for Yukiko and Yzerman. Yukiko is all class just like Yzerman.
Haha, I realized that. Nah, that just reminded me of how much my bf loved the Yzerman-era Red Wings.

I'd associate Sawchuk with the Red Wings more than the Leafs. Perhaps Sundin would have been a better option considering he's being inducted in the HoF next year.

Dantis

Man, Yukiko is very likable in the beginning of the game. I love the scene that leads up to the start of her Social Link. It always almost makes me consider her over Chie. Unfortunately, she gets kinda boring soon after. I guess Chie it is.

Her dungeon scenes are my favourite in the game. They're genuinely quite poignant.

Dantis

She is best when she is not in her normal personality, the times when she is airheaded, joking, angry, or passive aggressive are the funniest.

I pretty much don't care for her outside of what I just posted. I find her boring and a little bit mean.

Her design is great though.

Has everyone seen the new winter costumes yet? They're ace.

P90

Haha, I realized that. Nah, that just reminded me of how much my bf loved the Yzerman-era Red Wings.

I'd associate Sawchuk with the Red Wings more than the Leafs. Perhaps Sundin would have been a better option considering he's being inducted in the HoF next year.

Let's go, Red Wings! ;)

Sundin is recent, though. So many greats wore the winged wheel. Edit the list to your tastes. Keep Yukiko a Red Wing with Yzerman's jersey. Keep Morooka a Penguin, wearing Crosby's jersey. hehehehe...

I really, really hate Adachi. No idea why he apparently has a huge fanbase in Japan.
Looking at Persona things on eBay suggest it's the doujinshi fans =/.
My import of this games should come in a week or so.
Any hints/tips that I should take into account that makes this game changed from vanilla? I have purposely avoided pretty much most media about the game.

Woo.

I can pick this up at the post office in 4 hours

How hard is hard difficulty? I breezed through normal when I played the original for reference

P90

I seem to have completely forgotten how to get the fishing rod. The old guy says I need to find his hook or something.

boy at shrine. have pop he likes. get bug. go to shop at night. get hook. go to old man at river's edge. get rod.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So I was just offered a trade by
the Artisan Apprentice on floor 2 of Yasogami High's Practice Building. He asked for my Iai Katana, gave me a weapon called Cleaning Mop with the exact same stats. Are there any differences in the weapons other than serious vs. joke weapon? Does the mop swing differently when attempting to get player advantage against shadows?

Trigger

So I was just offered a trade by
the Artisan Apprentice on floor 2 of Yasogami High's Practice Building. He asked for my Iai Katana, gave me a weapon called Cleaning Mop with the exact same stats. Are there any differences in the weapons other than serious vs. joke weapon? Does the mop swing differently when attempting to get player advantage against shadows?

No.

Now this is off topic I know but, my vita just completely crashed and the vita had a weird message like a dos box almost. Then the thing shut off after like 2 minutes of it sayin its going to shut off. Then the PS light is just blinking on and off...

cjkeats

It's why he remains my favourite character, because he genuinely acts like a teenager. I feel some erroneously label him as a homophobe because of some his reactions,
particularly towards Kanji
, but (in my opinion) it just comes across as the same awkward, uncomfortable outlook that a lot of people that age experience. Yosuke is just unsure of himself, and does most of the goofy shit he does, because he is just trying to fit in, despite it being largely ham-fisted.

I just passed the camping trip again. I still maintain that I think he can be a total dick. Not just to Kanji he's pretty dickish to the girls too on the trip, I forgot about that. Dude needs to chill towards the ladies.
We've had this conversation before I believe.

Kazzy

I just passed the camping trip. I still maintain that I think he can be a total dick. Not just to Kanji he's pretty dickish to the girls too on the trip, I forgot about that. Dude needs to chill towards the ladies.

We have. I think that, when it matters, Yosuke steps up. He can be mature in some ways, but in others, he's really not. He is a jerk, but an endearing one.

I just passed the camping trip again. I still maintain that I think he can be a total dick. Not just to Kanji he's pretty dickish to the girls too on the trip, I forgot about that. Dude needs to chill towards the ladies.

To be fair, the girls are dickish to them too. The only true nice guy in the squad that early on, is ironically, Kanji.

Dantis

I feel like when your local ramen restaurant gives you a free book on ramen, it's time to consider that you maybe go there too often.

cjkeats

We have. I think that, when it matters, Yosuke steps up. He can be mature in some ways, but in others, he's really not. He is a jerk, but an endearing one.

He does, and playing his story in Arena really shows you how his mind works (being in his head and all).

He still over-reacts to everything.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
IPahJ.jpg

I love screenshots!
I love Soejima!

Onemic

Will probably get this once my vita comes in. How much is it selling for?

This also reminds me that I still have to beat P3, the superior persona :p

Theres no way Brosuke is taking my spunky dragon with deadly legs. He couldn't afford her daily meat intake for starters.

Seriously though, I don't see the Chie x Yosuke thing just because they are always fighting. Yosuke is conveniently down with all of the girls and none of them at the same time, since they're all cute, and his feelings over Saki Senpai are serious enough to not fade that easy.

It wasn't as big a deal in the game, but I really liked in the manga when Saki is kind of putting Yosuke down to MC and MC just firmly and flatly goes "NO. He really is a good person." One of the few moments of seeing the personality of Charlie/Yu/Seta

Yuripaw

Banned
Spoiler about Kanji:
does P4G confirm his sexuality?

It's hard to say.
I always started assuming Kanji wasn't really gay, it's just that he was super confused and embarrassed because he was attracted to someone who he thought was a man. I always felt that he was attracted to Naoto, because I figured subconsciously he could tell that she was a girl. It's not like Kanji shows any interest in any other dudes. He had doubts, because he thought he was attracted to a man. Once it's revealed Naoto's a girl, he never really backs away from his attraction to her.
Just how I saw it.

Trigger

It's hard to say.
I always started assuming Kanji wasn't really gay, it's just that he was super confused and embarrassed because he was attracted to someone who he thought was a man. I always felt that he was attracted to Naoto, because I figured subconsciously he could tell that she was a girl. It's not like Kanji shows any interest in any other dudes. He had doubts, because he thought he was attracted to a man. Once it's revealed Naoto's a girl, he never really backs away from his attraction to her.
Just how I saw it.

I agree. In addition I'll add:
The game treats the idea of Kanji being gay as more of a gag than an actual possibility. If the Emperor social link is anything to go by than Kanji's real struggle is that he wanted to be seen as a man despite his feminine hobbies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The original game already confirmed this:
It's whatever is funniest at the joke. :p
Basically. The more I took it seriously, the more irritating and mildly offensive it became, so it's better just to treat it as a punchline.

The point of Kanji is that his sexuality is not important. Sure it may come up in jokes and such, but Kanji is just Kanji, a hilarious badass who has a soft side. Kanji is more tan just his sexuality.

Top Bottom