• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

yami4ct

Wait, what!? Unless there is something more overt in P4G, I never saw anything there.

Except Rise.
The whore.

To be fair, I'm not surprised she wants to jump right into dating. From the moment she joins the group, she's all over you. It can be kind of awkward when you have a relationship. That's a point I'd love to see an acknowledgment. It'd be funny to see Yukiko tell her to back off.

They put that in the game you guys dont get yet instead

I don't think P4A is teasing P5. I imagine it's either teasing P4A2 or maybe a side game. P5 will most likely be an all new cast.

This P5 fanmusic is pretty nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lp_xPNC8Ag

I'm really curious what the style of P5 will be. It'll most likely be highschool again, but what else?

I really, really want a Persona game set in University. Seeing them deal with more adult, college problems would be fascinating. Given the success of P4, though, I imagine it will be high school and skew more towards the lighter tone. Go with what's a known success, right?

Dantis

They put that in the game you guys dont get yet instead

Eh... Hardly

And you have to read through 20 hours of dreadful internal monologues for it anyway.

I'm not even convinced P5 will wrap that up. I find it more likely that will be covered in another spinoff and P5 will be a stand-alone story. At least, I hope. I really don't want any of that Shadow Operatives shit in a core title.

P90

You're good, but remember: as far as I know you only get one chance. So think about it carefully.

I'm under the impression that if Yosuke chose any girl it'd be Chie, so you're already cockblocking my man.

I'm early in the game. Yosuke has been quite sweet to Marie.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to hurt Yumi. I stay the course for Yukiko.

Kazzy

I always thought Yosuke and Chie were a likelier pair. Is his minor crush on Yukiko more obvious later on in Golden or something?

The thing with Yosuke is that he crushes on everyone! It's pretty much his failed Casanova act
that acts as one of the big reasons he is (eventually) at odds with Yu.
And even Chie, who people usually pair him with, seems tenuous.

But this is straying into shipping territory, and that stuff gets messy.

yami4ct

I'm early in the game. Yosuke has been quite sweet to Marie.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to hurt Yumi. I stay the course for Yukiko.

Someone going for one of the side S.Link girls? You are a rare breed. Personally, I don't hate Yumi, but she's a bit melodramatic. Not surprising given she's the drama S.Link.

Salaadin

Thanks for the answers everyone.

You're good, but remember: as far as I know you only get one chance. So think about it carefully.

I'm under the impression that if Yosuke chose any girl it'd be Chie, so you're already cockblocking my man.

Didnt Yosuke already ask Yukiko out or something? They say this in one of the early scenes. Thats why i said that.

falconzss

Can somebody tell me what's the best shop to import from (European here) in terms of price, delivery time and shipping costs? Usually went with VGP but since they were hacked earlier this year, it can't harm to look for an alternative.

Trigger

Didnt Yosuke already ask Yukiko out or something? They say this in one of the early scenes. Thats why i said that.

He's a slut so he propositions all the girls, but he's more likely to end up with Chie IMO. So if you're a Chie man like me you're probably cockblocking the one girl who he'd have a chance with.

yami4ct

It would be interesting if it was a 'proper' family.

Like, you live in a house with your parents and siblings.

I wouldn't mind seeing a protagonist with a super proper family. It'd be interesting to see them go into a story like Kou's with much greater detail.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So many games out at the moment and yet I still bought Persona 4 The Golden.

I need a 32 GB memory card now but I'm not so successful with being on eBay when the auctions end. :p

Syrinx

Wait, Yosuke has a crush on Yukiko? Goddammit, my dude has a crush on Yukiko! Yosuke's interactions with Chie are so great, too. How come he couldn't like her instead?

Hmm. May have to switch to Rise if she's worthy to avoid conflict with Yosuke, cause Yosuke's awesome. Actually, pretty much all of the characters in this game are awesome. There aren't any party members I dislike, at least not yet. I think I could count the number of times that's happened on one hand.

yami4ct

Wait, Yosuke has a crush on Yukiko? Goddammit, my dude has a crush on Yukiko! Yosuke's interactions with Chie are so great, too. How come he couldn't like her instead?

Hmm. May have to switch to Rise if she's worthy to avoid conflict with Yosuke, cause Yosuke's awesome. Actually, pretty much all of the characters in this game are awesome. There aren't any party members I dislike, at least not yet. I think I could count the number of times that's happened on one hand.

Yosuke hits on everything that moves. He hits on Rise as well, so switching to her isn't going to solve your problems. Haha

Kazzy

It's not a thing, like at all. A lot of this is pure conjecture, and although he does say things to all the girls, it always carries an air of perversion. The first rule of Yosuke Hanamura, is that he's never serious, especially when it comes to the ladies.

P90

Someone going for one of the side S.Link girls? You are a rare breed. Personally, I don't hate Yumi, but she's a bit melodramatic. Not surprising given she's the drama S.Link.

The sun arcana is easy to max out early. I like Yumi. She is going through quite a bit of turmoil. IMO, she isn't being melodramatic, just dealing with her stress. Drama, yes. Melodrama, no.

Ai is an interesting S Link also.

kuroshiki

I really, really want a Persona game set in University. Seeing them deal with more adult, college problems would be fascinating. Given the success of P4, though, I imagine it will be high school and skew more towards the lighter tone. Go with what's a known success, right?

They already tried.

It's called P2 eternal punishment.

Which means you will never see university themed Persona game EVER AGAIN.

Rise is the best. Come at me.

Not sure about English version but in Japanese version, Rise is the only one who says 'i love you' when you depart from Inaba.

Syrinx

Yosuke hits on everything that moves. He hits on Rise as well, so switching to her isn't going to solve your problems. Haha

It's not a thing, like at all. A lot of this is pure conjecture, and although he does say things to all the girls, it always carries an air of perversion. The first rule of Yosuke Hanamura, is that he's never serious, especially when it comes to the ladies.

Oh, okay. So if he does have a crush on Yukiko, which some here seem to be strongly implying he doesn't, he'll get over it if I go for her as soon as he sees another hottie to hit on? So, I shouldn't worry about him? Am I way overthinking this?

yami4ct

They already tried.

It's called P2 eternal punishment.

Which means you will never see university themed Persona game EVER AGAIN.

I should rephrase that. I want a good Persona game set in University. I don't like P2. It doesn't do much with its setting and the gameplay is boring.

Kazzy

Oh, okay. So if he does have a crush on Yukiko, which some here seem to be strongly implying he doesn't, he'll get over it if I go for her as soon as he sees another hottie to hit on? So, I shouldn't worry about him? Am I way overthinking this?

He's not called Brosuke for nothing!

Trigger

I just cleared a dungeon in one day. I'm so proud.

Yes. Yosuke doesn't care who you date.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, lol. Don't worry about it. Yosuke don't care.

You saw at the beginning he got over his crush on her and went for Saki-senpai instead, and after that it was all Saki-senpai this, Saki-senpai that.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
shadow teddie was hard as hell on hard. Luckily I had learned tetrakarn otherwise I would've been in deep shit. Phew.

P90

You're a Leafs fan, therefore you are wrong.

Funny. I was thinking of hockey teams and Persona 4 characters earlier in the day. Here are my thoughts:

Teddie: Canadiens (Lafleur jersey)
Yukiko: Red Wings (Yzerman jersey)
Kanji: Flyers (Clarke jersey)
Naoto: Maple Leafs (Sawchuk jersey)
Chie: Bruins (Orr jersey)
Rise: Rangers (Park jersey)
Mitsuo: Blackhawks (Hull jersey)
Morooka: Penguins (Crosby jersey)
Yosuke: Oilers (Gretzkey jersey)

Yosuke and Yukiko should get together... and then leave the Persona 4 universe. They're the only two truly bad characters.

Couldn't disagree more.

Kazzy

I love the bro conversations you have with him about which of the girls you like. It's something that would totally happen in High School. Yosuke is the best bro.

It's why he remains my favourite character, because he genuinely acts like a teenager. I feel some erroneously label him as a homophobe because of some his reactions,
particularly towards Kanji
, but (in my opinion) it just comes across as the same awkward, uncomfortable outlook that a lot of people that age experience. Yosuke is just unsure of himself, and does most of the goofy shit he does, because he is just trying to fit in, despite it being largely ham-fisted.

Yosuke actually likes Saki a lot. He just wouldn't mind sticking it something that looks good. He went after Yukiko because she looks good and she has a huge reputation. Now that they are close friends and such, I bet he would not try it again.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Funny. I was thinking of hockey teams and Persona 4 characters earlier in the day. Here are my thoughts:

Teddie: Canadiens (Lafleur jersey)
Yukiko: Red Wings (Yzerman jersey)
Kanji: Flyers (Clarke jersey)
Naoto: Maple Leafs (Sawchuk jersey)
Chie: Bruins (Orr jersey)
Rise: Rangers (Park jersey)
Mitsuo: Blackhawks (Hull jersey)
Morooka: Penguins (Crosby jersey)
Yosuke: Oilers (Gretzky jersey)

Couldn't disagree more.
That would mean Yukiko is one of the better choices here based on whose jersey she has.

It's why he remains my favourite character, because he genuinely acts like a teenager. I feel some erroneously label him as a homophobe because of some his reactions,
particularly towards Kanji
, but (in my opinion) it just comes across as the same awkward, uncomfortable outlook that a lot of people that age experience. Yosuke is just unsure of himself, and does most of the goofy shit he does, because he is just trying to fit in, despite it being largely ham-fisted.
Couldnt have put it better.

Top Bottom