• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Venfayth

See, making this in original P4 could have taken hours...and it would have been satisfying...

My vanilla P4 Sara was quad elemental and had resist phys also. All about getting the proper ingredients and abusing the fusion forecast.

Don't really have to do any of that work in this game, but you also earn MUCH LESS exp and money (on very hard, anyway).

Golbez

There's certainly an argument to be made against fusion skill picking, but all the same I think I'd rather keep the extra 20 hours of my life.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I played about 20 hours of this game back in the summer of 2007 and remember really enjoying it. I got busy and just never went back to it, though. Anyway, having recently acquired a shiny new PlayStation Vita, I'm interested in getting this.

Does anyone know if the American copy contains the original Japanese text/voices if, say, the PSVita's system settings were set to Japanese? I'm sure the answer is "no" and I'll have to end up importing, but I figured I'd ask as the American version is just so much cheaper.

Triphos

Neo Member
See, making this in original P4 could have taken hours...and it would have been satisfying...

I guess, if you think sitting around pressing the same button for hours until the random number generator smiles on you is in any way fulfilling.

Me, I'll select my skills and spend my time playing the actual game.

I guess, if you think sitting around pressing the same button for hours until the random number generator smiles on you is in any way fulfilling.

The curse of a long time Megaten fan is great son

Kyon

Banned

Fucking this! YASSS I can't wait for this to arrive in the mail it's EVERYTHING

52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

Yuripaw

Banned
I've been debating this in my head, and I'm not sure what to do. Could use all of your suggestions...I've already mentioned this before, but I was really excited about P4G, and I actually ordered 2 copies of the Solid Gold edition because I'm such a big Persona 4 fan. My plan was to open one up, and use the case, and cover for my Vita. The other one I was gonna keep sealed as a collector's item.

I ordered one off of gamestop.com, and I ordered another at my local gamestop. What happened was, i got my gamestop.com order just fine...I still got it sitting here sealed. But the assholes at the local gamestop, well...even though I went to get it Tuesday night on release day, had sold my copy to someone else who did not preorder. -_-

The manager couldn't find any other copies at any other stores, so he just gave me a regular copy for now, because I wanted to play the game.

Should I keep this other version sealed, or should I open it? I can't decide. I want some of yours advice please. Is the stuff inside cool?

mollipen

There's certainly an argument to be made against fusion skill picking, but all the same I think I'd rather keep the extra 20 hours of my life.

Yeah, I've felt very conflicted about this. I'm currently sitting with a roster of persona who all have Growth 2, and some of them are just stupid in how hardcore their skill rosters are. I totally feel like I'm cheating the game—but at the same time, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to spend forever trying to get what I want to end up with.

But... hmm, I just don't know. The feeling that I'm cheating is stronger than the feeling that it's awesome. *laughs* I mean, even if it was just allowing you to pass on skills of your choice or having skill cards available, that'd be one thing. But to have both? Kids these days don't know how easy they have it!

Sophia

Yeah, I've felt very conflicted about this. I'm currently sitting with a roster of persona who all have Growth 2, and some of them are just stupid in how hardcore their skill rosters are. I totally feel like I'm cheating the game—but at the same time, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to spend forever trying to get what I want to end up with.

But... hmm, I just don't know. The feeling that I'm cheating is stronger than the feeling that it's awesome. *laughs* I mean, even if it was just allowing you to pass on skills of your choice or having skill cards available, that'd be one thing. But to have both? Kids these days don't know how easy they have it!

Do you still have to follow inheritance rules when picking skills to any degree? It's not too bad if you have to follow the inheritance rules, but if you're given near free reign over what you can pick then that's OP.

Noi

I share the feeling. I liked reloading a monster fusion long enough to make me "settle" for something if the combination I wanted didn't pop up after a while. ..Which I guess is partially why I'm gonna play on Very Hard, to compensate for that.

In game shipping news, my game is still in Florida. ups pls

Venfayth

Do you still have to follow inheritance rules when picking skills to any degree? It's not too bad if you have to follow the inheritance rules, but if you're given near free reign over what you can pick then that's OP.

Yeah, you can't just get any skills. The passable ones are highlighted.

Aeana

The curse of a long time Megaten fan is great son
Meh. I've been playing Megaten games since the beginning and I am really glad that this game finally lets you choose manually. Working the randomizer was never fun for me. The good feeling you get when you finally get a good random result is only because you went through so much unnecessary crap to get there in the first place. It's a feeling of relief, not really accomplishment.

Venfayth

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the high stats on my Sara. That's the result of accumulating ALL of that stat bonus cards on one Persona.

I've been debating this in my head, and I'm not sure what to do. Could use all of your suggestions...I've already mentioned this before, but I was really excited about P4G, and I actually ordered 2 copies of the Solid Gold edition because I'm such a big Persona 4 fan. My plan was to open one up, and use the case, and cover for my Vita. The other one I was gonna keep sealed as a collector's item.

I ordered one off of gamestop.com, and I ordered another at my local gamestop. What happened was, i got my gamestop.com order just fine...I still got it sitting here sealed. But the assholes at the local gamestop, well...even though I went to get it Tuesday night on release day, had sold my copy to someone else who did not preorder. -_-

The manager couldn't find any other copies at any other stores, so he just gave me a regular copy for now, because I wanted to play the game.

Should I keep this other version sealed, or should I open it? I can't decide. I want some of yours advice please. Is the stuff inside cool?
Ya know, when I got my copy of the Solid Gold Edition, a very big part of me wanted to keep it sealed. But I knew in the end games were made to be played so I opened it up. Bit of a different situation with you as you have a copy already, but unless you plan on selling it at some point, I think leaving it sealed serves little purpose. I suggest you look at Youtube unboxing videos to see exactly what's inside, and go from there.

But honestly I have to say, none of the stuff inside is all that impressive. I'm pretty disappointed there wasn't even a physical manual for the game. I know that's par for the course with Vita, but this is Atlus we're talking about. I would have liked an art book or soundtrack rather than stickers or even the case. But that's just me. Mostly I wanted it because I knew it was so ultra-limited in quantity. Not complaining, but truth be told the Solid Gold's contents are a bit underwhelming. But I knew that going in, so that's kind of on me.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I've been playing the shit out of this. I'm 20 hours in and finished the Kanji dungeon.

Loving it. Charming game with awesome presentation and engaging mechanics.

mace999

Neo Member
Loving this but why isn't Persona 5 even a thing yet ..... When was Persona 4 originally released ?!? Surely a part 5 coulda/shoulda been made, damn even announced by now .... cmon would love to see part 5 soon

ckohler

I'm probably going to dip in and get this. Question: If I buy it on the cartridge, can I install it onto the memory card and remove the cart and still play? Also, if I buy it on cart, can I lend the cart to a friend and he can play it?

Probably obvious questions but I just got my Vita this weekend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm probably going to dip in and get this. Question: If I buy it on the cartridge, can I install it onto the memory card and remove the cart and still play? Also, if I buy it on cart, can I lend the cart to a friend and he can play it?

No
yes

SteeloDMZ

Banned

Wtf? As far as I know, you can't install games on a mc.

Yuripaw

Banned
Loving this but why isn't Persona 5 even a thing yet ..... When was Persona 4 originally released ?!? Surely a part 5 coulda/shoulda been made, damn even announced by now .... cmon would love to see part 5 soon

Yeah, I've kinda wondered this myself. Obviously Persona 4 was considered a pretty big success for them, and instead of really being like Atlus, and continue to make new great games for the series, they've played it safe with Persona 4, and given tons of fan service this past year. What with this remake, persona 4 arena, and the animation all coming out. They've kinda reminded me of Square-Enix with this trend, but they haven't faulted yet, so I won't freak out.

While I'm sure they are working on their next game, I wonder how far along it is at this point, or what platform it will appear on. I just hope they can deliver on something cool. After playing all the story of Persona 4 Arena, if it's considered canon, that game literally screams
Persona 4 college years game
by the way the end goes. Something's gotta be coming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Persona 4 came out near the end of the life cycle of PS2(Well, the end, really), and P4A and P4G are an easier way to get new people invested into the franchise.

Just saying

Yuripaw

Banned
I don't care what P5 comes out on, I just want it.

I just hope if they do decide to put it on a handheld platform, it's on the Vita. I would love a PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U release, but I won't hold my breath. I don't want it on 3DS, because I don't own a 3DS right now, and don't wanna buy another system anytime soon.

I just hope if they do decide to put it on a handheld platform, it's on the Vita. I would love a PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U release, but I won't hold my breath. I don't want it on 3DS, because I don't own a 3DS right now, and don't wanna buy another system anytime soon.

Well SMT4 is on 3ds.

Not sure if they lowers or raises the odds of P5 being on vita or not.

Sophia

Devil Survivor, Catherine, 4 Etrian Oddyssey games, Radian Historia, and so on.

Face it, if Nocturne came out this gen it would have been on the DS or 3DS.

To be honest, I'd be perfectly okay with a Persona game on the 3DS... >.>;

Well SMT4 is on 3ds.

Not sure if they lowers or raises the odds of P5 being on vita or not.

Strange Journey was on the DS too, as was Devil Survivor. Actually, the DS got more original games than the PSP did as far as the MegaTen franchise is concerned.

To be honest, I'd be perfectly okay with a Persona game on the 3DS... >.>;

Strange Journey was on the DS too, as was Devil Survivor. Actually, the DS got more original games than the PSP did.

On the original 3ds announcement, there was a persona promised for 3ds.

Has P5 been confirmed for ps3 yet? For some reason I just assumed it was o_O?

Top Bottom