• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

My god the voice acting is so bad... it's killing me. :( Part of what makes it so bad is just how stilted the lines are delivered. It's not like they're having to match cadence to moving lips or anything.. why couldn't they just speak like a regular person would?

It's a cut above most Japanese dubs.

My god the voice acting is so bad... it's killing me. :( Part of what makes it so bad is just how stilted the lines are delivered. It's not like they're having to match cadence to moving lips or anything.. why couldn't they just speak like a regular person would?
Please play Star Ocean the last hope, then comeback and write another impression. Thank you =P

Just de-activate voice acting man.

Dub's fine to me man. Even better with headphones, I like hearing the inflections in their voices actually.

vocab

Unless they redid the dub completely, The dub was fine when I played it. I'm not even a dub fan, and think Atlus do really good dubs.

It is interesting how much you can tell of the tone of the games in the series simply from their title screen songs:

Persona 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1T9kkEmv0

Persona 2 Innocent Sin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D66Ag8HF_Nw

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j4VOpRVHLk

Persona 3 FES:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5x5HqUq90k

Persona 4:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOAC3FAyGiQ

Doesn't count, but a bonus

Persona 4 Arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_jPxHj8x7g

Dantis

The worst parts of this game are the talks at Junes when they're going over the case. I'm sure it's just because I've played it so much before, but man, these drag. Just gonna skip 'em from now on.

Trigger

No it isn't. It might be better than other bad ones (I haven't played any of the recent Star Oceans), but there is nothing fantastic about it.

I don't hear any of the stilted qualities you've noted earlier. Everyone sounds pretty natural except maybe Chie.

LuchaShaq

Banned
SOS feels like such a luck-based option. I never get many hits.

I usually get one, really wish there was a way to auto sos or at least run around when SOS flashes on the screen because when you are grinding a little (I'm on very hard) the constant flash gets super annoying.

Dantis

SOS worked better in the Japanese release, because I guess a lot more people were playing. Every now and again you'd get an absolute ton of responses.

'Bout time Amazon...

1ABB088A-C72E-4314-B5DE-2FFBBB85170C-14378-0000087851A8BBE8_zps8dafe9d1.jpg

Lucent

I think the game looks even better than it did when I was able to play it on a backwards compatible PS3 with smoothing on. And the new character might be cool. Kind of odd she doesn't have her hat yet. I only got to the first time you can save at a calender though. Won't get to play too much until weekends and after the semester is over.

Dantis

Speaking of that, does anyone have an old version of the list? I went to check it and saw that there were 2 names on there...

I never added mine to the list, but it's PsychoDantis.

If anyone wants to add me, go for it. Should probably put your GAF name in there so that I actually know who you are though.

At least that was not as bad as Jet Set Radio completely crashing my vita, down to crashing the os and making the thing do the vita equivalent of a blue screen of death. Doing the oddly hard tutorial to unlock the concept of love in sound test was totally worth it though.

^We thought that maybe the rescue could be tied to friends lists, but that didnt happen, and we mostly already added each other, so that happened, hah.

If people dont see me on their lists, I would be the one with a dudebro name, XIAceOfSpadesIX...or XlAceOfSpadeslX...orXiAceOfSpadesiX...I hate my psn hah.

^We thought that maybe the rescue could be tied to friends lists, but that didnt happen, and we mostly already added each other, so that happened, hah.

If people dont see me on their lists, I would be the one with a dudebro name, XIAceOfSpadesIX...or XlAceOfSpadeslX...orXiAceOfSpadesiX...I hate my psn hah.

It's a shame there's a character limit.

You could've been XlAceOfSpadeslX420XlnoobpwnerlX

At least that was not as bad as Jet Set Radio completely crashing my vita, down to crashing the os and making the thing do the vita equivalent of a blue screen of death. Doing the oddly hard tutorial to unlock the concept of love in sound test was totally worth it though.

Weird, I was play JSR HD to stop playing P4G but it never crashed on me.

And yes, got Concept of Love - that was damn satisfying to get.

Stilted? Am I listening to a different game?

What exactly do you consider good voice acting?

Weird, I was play JSR HD to stop playing P4G but it never crashed on me.

And yes, got Concept of Love - that was damn satisfying to get.

It only crashed once, but it was one HELL of a crash man! It seems like a great port, and on Vita, the graphics look as good as ever. That 50 combo was so hard, but as soon as I got it and I unlocked Concept of Love, I put on my headphones and listened to it for like 15 minutes, so worth it.

It only crashed once, but it was one HELL of a crash man! It seems like a great port, and on Vita, the graphics look as good as ever. That 50 combo was so hard, but as soon as I got it and I unlocked Concept of Love, I put on my headphones and listened to it for like 15 minutes, so worth it.

Had to YT to see the combo (ironically, I was looking for how to do the 30 trick and saw a video that showed the 50) but once I got it down - bliss.

Had to YT to see the combo (ironically, I was looking for how to do the 30 trick and saw a video that showed the 50) but once I got it down - bliss.

Man, me and original JSR have such a love hate relationship. I love the fuck out of JSRF, but this game gives me both emotions. This song, only in a sound test form, is your only reward, but damn, its like the ultimate victory music, and you just go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4IEV8l-gA

cjkeats

I named the protagonist Tunoku, Charlie on accident.

I REGRET NOTHING!

I found a solution to new chie VA. Whenever she speaks mash the x button until her lines are done. No more ear piercing yells!

I've seen a few Narakumi's, and not a single Charlie or a Tunoku in my rescue rquest log. :(

Man, me and original JSR have such a love hate relationship. I love the fuck out of JSRF, but this game gives me both emotions. This song, only in a sound test form, is your only reward, but damn, its like the ultimate victory music, and you just go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4IEV8l-gA

I have a slight more affinity for JSR than JSRF but I love both - soundtracks are still so freaking amazing. Top with Ollie King for the complete musical package and I'm off to my happy place...

Ironically, P4's OST makes me feel damn happy too... But I can't seem to find my Side B CD (lost in my room) whereas I'm listening to Side A in the car.

Top Bottom