• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

cjkeats

I've got a TON of Yus, Narukamis, a few Charlies, no Tunokus.

The amount of Yu's is staggering. I always chuckle when I see a Narukami because I know they mixed it up at the begining. I did that wen I started P4 vanilla, and started over when I noticed, about 4 hours in.

P3's is so depressing given how that game goes. So many feels. God I love the music in all these games.

The amount of Yu's is staggering. I always chuckle when I see a Narukami because I know they mixed it up at the begining. I did that wen I started P4 vanilla, and started over when I noticed, about 4 hours in.

P3's is so depressing given how that game goes. So many feels. God I love the music in all these games.

Hell, I'm a Yu. I am playing it based on choices I think the Yu from P4 Anime and P4A would do. I already played myself in the original, will do some sort of wacky fun name for new game +.

P2 Innocent Sin's sounds so dark and sad man..... :(

This is my first Persona game. Knew nothing about it at all, but I needed something new for my Vita, and my god, I can not put this game down! I cant remember the last time I was this addicted to a game. I'm almost at the end, but I can't wait to start a New Game +!

This is my first Persona game. Knew nothing about it at all, but I needed something new for my Vita, and my god, I can not put this game down! I cant remember the last time I was this addicted to a game. I'm almost at the end, but I can't wait to start a New Game +!

I am curious. Put the dungeon you are in, in spoiler tags.

Trigger

I feel this. I'm in November now and I'm pretty sure I'll end up beating this game before December (in real life, lol).

epmode

I'mmapost my favorite P3 stuff!
Living with Determination - Iwatodai Station Arrange
Easy Feelings (there seems to be disagreement on the title of this one)
Time

<3 P3P <3

After buying this stupid game three times, I'd still pay for a definitive version of P3. Even though the female perspective and new music helps P3P, missing out on the anime stuff and the 3D scenes really hurts!

Trigger

clues about the blonde guy, i think his name is kenji

lol, Kanji.

Go to Shopping District North and look for the dye shop, and speak with Kanji's mother. Then go to Junes on the elevator floor and speak with the lady. On the next day come back to Junes again and speak with the guy on elevator floor.

cjkeats

I'mmapost my favorite P3 stuff!
Living with Determination - Iwatodai Station Arrange
Easy Feelings (there seems to be disagreement on the title of this one)
Time

<3 P3P <3

After rebuying this stupid game three times, I'd still pay for a definitive version of P3. Even though the female perspective and new music helps P3P, missing out on the anime stuff and the 3D scenes really hurts!

My soundtrack lists it as "Tender Feelings". *shurg*
Portable was so goddamn good. The new songs are great, it's a shame they never got whatshername back for the 2012 live show. They only did Soul Phase.
A Way of Life is my alarm in the morning.
I'm right there with you on the definitive P3. The female route was so good.

I'll repeat my controversial opinion yet again.

P2 Duology > P4 > P3FES = P1 > P3

Someday, I'll finish P2. Knowing that I can turn off the animations to speed the battles up should be a big help. Same with P1. Edit: I wouldn't be offended by an anime adaptation of P1 and P2 either though, that would make it easy.
Please bring me EP atlus. :(

I am curious. Put the dungeon you are in, in spoiler tags.

I'm at
Heaven, Paradise. Just outside the door to rescue Nanako. I've seen that it jumps from Dec 25 to the end of the game
so I figure I'm close to the end. I've poured 60 hours into it so far.

I feel this. I'm in November now and I'm pretty sure I'll end up beating this game before December (in real life, lol).

Haha, yeah, if it weren't for work I'd have this beaten by now. I've neglected a lot of sleep in order to finish dungeons.

My soundtrack lists it as "Tender Feelings". *shurg*
Portable was so goddamn good. The new songs are great, it's a shame they never got whatshername back for the 2012 live show. They only did Soul Phase.
A Way of Life is my alarm in the morning.
I'm right there with you on the definitive P3. The female route was so good.

Someday, I'll finish P2. Knowing that I can turn off the animations to speed the battles up should be a big help. Same with P1.
Please bring me EP atlus. :(

EP is much better balanced, and the speed up with animations turned off is like 2x innocent sin's.

CRS

Got my AC III Vita in the mail today and I skim this thread to find out that GameStop has more on sale! Bought three copies. Two for me and one for my brother. Great way to start a shitty week.

Trigger

I love how quiet it is on rainy days. It's nice.

Got my AC III Vita in the mail today and I skim this thread to find out that GameStop has more on sale! Bought three copies. Two for me and one for my brother. Great way to start a shitty week.

You bought three copies of Golden? Bless.

Venfayth

X2z8Z.jpg

Can't go higher than that :(

Guess I don't have to rescue anyone else!

Lucent

Anybody who got the vita skin with their game, did you have a screen protector already on your vita before you applied it? And if you did, did you remove the screen protector or leave it? It says the skin is not meant to be a screen protector. lol

yami4ct

Anybody who got the vita skin with their game, did you have a screen protector already on your vita before you applied it? And if you did, did you remove the screen protector or leave it? It says the skin is not meant to be a screen protector. lol

Weird it would say that when it clearly has one built in. I had one and took it off before putting on the skin. I don't think it'd work with that extra layer. For what it's worth, the skin seems as thick, durable, and protective as that other protector so I wouldn't worry about it.

Varna

My god the voice acting is so bad... it's killing me. :( Part of what makes it so bad is just how stilted the lines are delivered. It's not like they're having to match cadence to moving lips or anything.. why couldn't they just speak like a regular person would?

Honestly, I think it's just something innate to the language. Every time I watch any kind of anime I notice a lot of the same awkward pauses, people constantly repeating each others names, etc. Of course the problem now is that it's in English and some of the stuff just really stands out. For example
The scene after the first dungeon boss fight. When Chie's spilling her guts to Yukiko... and all she keeps repeating is "Chie..." (it doesn't help that it's the exact same voice sample) It just sounds completely unnatural
. Don't think this will ever get any better with these games. I think a lot of the hardcore would complain if they tried restructure dialogue just so it doesn't sound so weird. P2:EP got some slack for that very thing, but I thought it read pretty well.

Turn off VA. I only wish they had some option to get similar voice work like during the social link events. I like the zelda like voice work.

My god the voice acting is so bad... it's killing me. :( Part of what makes it so bad is just how stilted the lines are delivered. It's not like they're having to match cadence to moving lips or anything.. why couldn't they just speak like a regular person would?

Hey, I know, right? Try that Arc Rise Fantasia, I heard it's Shakespearian quality. Far higher than this garbage.

Trigger

Approaching the endgame now and I'm disappointed. Major spoilers for those who have never beaten the game before, but it seems that it's impossible to
max the Jester social link and get the true ending? I figured as much, but I'm still a little sad. I thought me and Adachi could be bros! ;_;

Sophia

Approaching the endgame now and I'm disappointed. Major spoilers for those who have never beaten the game before, but it seems that it's impossible to
max the Jester social link and get the true ending? I figured as much, but I'm still a little sad. I thought me and Adachi could be bros! ;_;

It's technically possible. You just don't max it as Jester. :p

Trigger

You've made a friend then. :p

It's technically possible. You just don't max it as Jester. :p

lol, but I don't want a bad ending! Argh, torn between my duties as a hero and my habits as a completionist. I'll probably keep a second save just to see how things would've went if I did protect Adachi.

Sophia

You've made a friend then. :p

lol, but I don't want a bad ending! Argh, torn between my duties as a hero and my habits as a completionist. I'll probably keep a second save just to see how things would've went if I did protect Adachi.

If you take certain actions in the endgame, it'll turn into the Hunger/Lust social link and you'll max it and get the good/true ending. It's considered the same arcana gameplay wise.

Trigger

If you take certain actions in the endgame, it'll turn into the Hunger/Lust social link and you'll max it and get the good/true ending. It's considered the same arcana gameplay wise.

Oh, really? I'm glad. lol, I totally misread the guide I checked then.

Syrinx

About Rise's dungeon,
I'm a bit confused as to Rise's little comments at the beginning of each floor and stuff. She sounds pretty much like what an idol would say, while I thought this was going to be about people seeing the "real her". She said she doesn't necessarily like handsome guys, maybe that's it eeking out? But then she says it's what's on the inside that matters, which sounds cliche and scripted. Maybe I don't understand idols and such. Or maybe I was wrong about the whole point of Rise's shadow. Or I'm interpreting something wrong. Whatever, I'll find out when I confront her.

Just began the hospital cleaning job, too.
That nurse...

About Rise's dungeon,
I'm a bit confused as to Rise's little comments at the beginning of each floor and stuff. She sounds pretty much like what an idol would say, while I thought this was going to be about people seeing the "real her". She said she doesn't necessarily like handsome guys, maybe that's it eeking out? But then she says it's what's on the inside that matters, which sounds cliche and scripted. Maybe I don't understand idols and such. Or maybe I was wrong about the whole point of Rise's shadow. Or I'm interpreting something wrong. Whatever, I'll find out when I confront her.

That nurse...

You will see.

Trigger

I'm StationR on PSN. I'll add you in a few too lastflowers

About Rise's dungeon,

That nurse...

I think
doing her social link also explains more her feelings too.

Could you post a link to said guide?

Sure. It's a spoilery one though. I've played the game before though so I was mostly using it as a reference for whatever little stuff I forgot.

Salaadin

Im trying to rank up Marie for a few days now but shes never out. I talked to her inside and got a message saying that i needed a spark to happen between us to advance it. What does this mean?

Top Bottom