• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

Im trying to rank up Marie for a few days now but shes never out. I talked to her inside and got a message saying that i needed a spark to happen between us to advance it. What does this mean?

I usually wait until I
get a scene involving one of her poems. I also think the main plot has to advance some as well since several characters are involved.

EDIT

I've actually never used this function or aid another player - how does it work? Just tap the screen during a fight or something?

Quoting myself:

Tap the SOS icon outside of battle and over time people will respond and you'll get a small sp/hp boost relative to how many folks sent some support to you in your next battle. You'll also get the option to send support to other players. Relatively useless IMO.

TWILT

Banned
bsyVm.jpg

Yay, my copy finally arrived! Now to wait till Christmas to get a Vita to play it!
;_;

Is anyone else not having the voices pop up during the dungeons? The music still cuts out for the audio clip, but the clip never comes.

Now I'm not far into the game so maybe the later characters do have their quotes voiced like the original (& P3, P3FES , P3P).

Trigger

Is anyone else not having the voices pop up during the dungeons? The music still cuts out for the audio clip, but the clip never comes.

Now I'm not far into the game so maybe the later characters do have their quotes voiced like the original (& P3, P3FES , P3P).

I think that's intended? I've never heard the voices either. It's been mentioned before.

Lucent

Weird it would say that when it clearly has one built in. I had one and took it off before putting on the skin. I don't think it'd work with that extra layer. For what it's worth, the skin seems as thick, durable, and protective as that other protector so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah it says on the back under caution "This skin is not a screen protector. We are not responsible for any damage to the PS Vita."

lol. But I'm gonna take your word for it and try to take of the screen protector later and apply the skin.

I hear dialogue for stuff like "Yukiko needs healing" or "I'm tired" but never for "I found a treasure box" or "There's a shadow in this room". Hmmm, not sure about this one - maybe NichM knows.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I hear dialogue for stuff like "Yukiko needs healing" or "I'm tired" but never for "I found a treasure box" or "There's a shadow in this room". Hmmm, not sure about this one - maybe NichM knows.

Yeah, according to Dantis, the "I found a chest" dialog is voiced in the Japanese version.

So either, they didn't record the voices for it, or it's glitched.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If you take certain actions in the endgame, it'll turn into the Hunger/Lust social link and you'll max it and get the good/true ending. It's considered the same arcana gameplay wise.

So as long as you don't get to the point where
You choose to destroy the evidence regarding Adachi
Are you still able to get the good/true ending, or do I have to get to that point now that I've started it?

Trigger

So as long as you don't get to the point where
You choose to destroy the evidence regarding Adachi
Are you still able to get the good/true ending, or do I have to get to that point now that I've started it?

Just don't protect him. The link will still max out just under a different name. You get Jester max if you destroy the evidence and a new bad ending.

After finding out about the killer's identity:
Man I knew he was a bit fishy from the start. I like how the game lets you choose from a long list of people and you have to figure it out yourself. What happens if you choose the wrong person? Oh and did anyone else want to throw Namatame into the TV after Nanako was thought to be dead? I thought they did a good job on making Namatame look like some crazed psycho killer spouting about "saving" people. I sorta knew it couldn't be him though since they let you choose stop and rethink the whole thing.

Setre

Played a little bit just now, only got to the part where you first watch the Midnight Channel. So far I like Chie's new VA. Sure it's a little grating at times but for the majority of them she delivers them perfectly.

Trigger

After finding out about the killer's identity:
Man I knew he was a bit fishy from the start. I like how the game lets you choose from a long list of people and you have to figure it out yourself. What happens if you choose the wrong person? Oh and did anyone else want to throw Namatame into the TV after Nanako was thought to be dead? I thought they did a good job on making Namatame look like some crazed psycho killer spouting about "saving" people. I sorta knew it couldn't be him though since they let you choose stop and rethink the whole thing.

You get a bad ending where the mystery isn't solved and shit goes bad if you don't choose Adachi. Same thing for shoving Namatame into the TV. I liked the idea of him not being crazy. In all of his earlier sightings he's a very kind, quiet guy.

I am going much slower than most people here, only just entered the bath house ad had my first encounter with Last Resort. Game over man.

Ponn

Banned
Newbie here. Should I start on hard or normal?

If you are completely new to Persona you can go normal. There's no bonuses or benefits from starting higher difficulty from what I can tell. Hard the enemies seem to have more HP, hit harder/exploit and you earn less xp and money. It can make for a slower start.

normal. My first persona experience was P3P, and I know i'd be pissed if I did hard during my first P experience

One-day ing dungeons is where it's at. Maximizes my enjoyment of the story during my first playthrough.

More like P4>P3P>P3FES>P3>>>>P2 Duology>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>P1.

Honestly, P2 is not all that good. P1's almost unplayable now days.
P2s story and characters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>p3 and p4. The villains in p3 and 4 are a fucking joke(especially p4s). The p3/p4 protagonist wouldn't last 10 seconds against nyralathotep.

Sophia

P2s story and characters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>p3 and p4. The villains in p3 and 4 are a fucking joke(especially p4s). The p3/p4 protagonist wouldn't last 10 seconds against nyralathotep.

Can't say I entirely agree with this, but you're right on the villains. Persona 2 really shines there with it's amazing ensemble of villains across the two games.

Varna

Yeah. Unfortunately the combat and grinding for tarot cards is just so god awful in Persona 2. The mechanics aren't bad, but it just moves so slow. The PSP version was such a missed opportunity to speed up the entire thing. Yes, I know there is an option to speed up the combat, but you know what I'm not going to spend 60 hours playing a game were static, blinking sprites beat the crap out of each other. I mean, that's some first gen Pokemon shit. What's hilarious about the whole thing is that Persona 1 on the PSP got such a better remake treatment. The speed up option is a great compromise in between efficiency and conveying what the hell is going on during fights.

Yeah. Unfortunately the combat and grinding for tarot cards is just so god awful in Persona 2. The mechanics aren't bad, but it just moves so slow. The PSP version was such a missed opportunity to speed up the entire thing. Yes, I know there is an option to speed up the combat, but you know what I'm not going to spend 60 hours playing a game were static, blinking sprites beat the crap out of each other. I mean, that's some first gen Pokemon shit. What's hilarious about the whole thing is that Persona 1 on the PSP got such a better remake treatment. The speed up option is a great compromise in between efficiency and conveying what the hell is going on during fights.

P2EP was a better treatment

Eusis

But there's a huge difference between "dark" and "angsty". As much as I loved P4, I definitely want them to get back to the classic feel of the series. Like, have characters that are fun and cheerful like the P4 crew, and then just totally ruin their lives. *laughs*
Late, but this. Seriously, this is under the Megami fucking Tensei umbrella, Persona 4 probably had more angst in it than all of the darker games combined. Maybe an exception to Persona 2 and maybe 3 (don't recall much angst in the latter though, and former as I recall is definitely warranted), you look at games like the first three MegaTen games and it's more like they're just running with how fucked up everything is and the fact the main character gets to dictate the future's course.

Actually, for more popular examples: when we want "dark" we want something more like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls in tone, not... uhhh, Xenosaga I guess? Actually, fuck, how many genuinely dark games really ARE angsty?

Sophia

haven't played the game yet but could you post a spoiler or something?

Here be P4A spoilers. Ye've been warned.
He and another human with ties to the Kirijo Group orchestrated pretty much the entire events of Persona 4 Arena. He's not called by name, but he's got the same voice actors (English and Japanese), same mannerism, same personality, same M.O., etc...

Top Bottom