• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Noi

I can't speak for the gameplay (I haven't actually played it), but the story is pretty poor.

If anyone says tells you that the story is as good as P3 or P4, you should rap them on the knuckles and call them a liar.

Fighting words, I tell ya.

I can't speak for the gameplay (I haven't actually played it), but the story is pretty poor.

If anyone says tells you that the story is as good as P3 or P4, you should rap them on the knuckles and call them a liar.

I like it. It´s not persona 3 or 4 worthy but at least for me Labrys arc was good <3

Trigger

For example, why does The Protagonist just suddenly
have a tarot card in his hand when he summons his Persona for the first time
? Where did he get it?

It's just symbolism.
In P4 the summoning method is to destroy a tarot card. Yu just heard the voice of his persona and the card appears.

Varna

For example, why does The Protagonist just suddenly
have a tarot card in his hand when he summons his Persona for the first time
? Where did he get it?

It's not something that has ever specifically been explained. Tarot cards have always just been used as part of the gameplay. Obviously the meaning behind each tarot has story signifiance, as for were
he got it... I guess you could say he always had it?

Someone remind me. Did any Persona game specifically show the characters handling the summoning cards?

It's not something that has ever specifically been explained. Tarot cards have always just been used as part of the gameplay. Obviously the meaning behind each tarot has story signifiance, as for were

Someone remind me. Did any Persona game specifically show the characters handling the summoning cards?

Elizabeth uses the tarot cards from the compendium in P4A. Since she doesn´t have a arcana.

Flek

Banned
Have they ever given any reason why the removed the savepoints before boss fights? I think i don´t really like this :(

The earlier games depicted the Persona's on tarot cards, and if I am remembering correctly, when you fused them in 1, they appeared on the tarot, right? In any case, I think its just a nice visual cue or something, other than the card, the summoning method appears similar to 1 and 2's

Trigger

If you can restart from the current floor then a save point is mostly mute. If you need to save after reaching the top floor (because maybe you need to stop playing or something) then just use traesto or a Gohom. You have an option to automatically return to the highest floor you last visited.

Salaadin

Have they ever given any reason why the removed the savepoints before boss fights? I think i don´t really like this :(

Use a Goho-M. Itll port you out on the dungeon and you can return to the starting area, save the game, and return to the dungeon. When you choose to re-enter, itll ask you if you want to start over or leave off from whatever floor you ported out from.

I like this because it lets me fuse personas mid-dungeon or visit the fox.

Is there still plenty of game left after you hit max Investigation Team rank? Because I hit 6 or 7 last night and dont want the game to end yet. I feel like Im taking it slow but, at the same time, I sometimes feel like Im rushing. I want to take in everything.

Use a Goho-M. Itll port you out on the dungeon and you can return to the starting area, save the game, and return to the dungeon. When you choose to re-enter, itll ask you if you want to start over or leave off from whatever floor you ported out from.

I like this because it lets me fuse personas mid-dungeon or visit the fox.

Is there still plenty of game left after you hit max Investigation Team rank? Because I hit 6 or 7 last night and dont want the game to end yet. I feel like Im taking it slow but, at the same time, I sometimes feel like Im rushing. I want to take in everything.

Want spoilers?

Trigger

Enjoy the ride brother. Don't read any spoilers!

Salaadin

Probably the right call.

I do this with every long game that Im really into and I dont know how close I am to beating it so I look for others ways of measurement. I was actually upset last night when I saw that the Investigation Team ranked up because my assumption is that, when its done ranking up, the game is almost over. And that makes me sad.

We'll see though. I could be totally wrong. I hope Im totally wrong.

I do this with every long game that Im really into and I dont know how close I am to beating it so I look for others ways of measurement. I was actually upset last night when I saw that the Investigation Team ranked up because my assumption is that, when its done ranking up, the game is almost over. And that makes me sad.

We'll see though. I could be totally wrong. I hope Im totally wrong.

I mean, if you managed to go this long since the original P4's JP release without running into spoilers, even not having that much of an interest in Persona, if that is your case, it is impressive that you got this far without being spoiled for this game. It is one of those games that people just love spoiling. Enjoy the ride man!

Golbez

HgtdNl.jpg

I heart Teddie so much.

Salaadin

I mean, if you managed to go this long since the original P4's JP release without running into spoilers, even not having that much of an interest in Persona, if that is your case, it is impressive that you got this far without being spoiled for this game. It is one of those games that people just love spoiling. Enjoy the ride man!

Im always reading the gaf threads that talk about favorite characters, game moments, etc so Ive probably seen some stuff but it never really registered too much because I never once thought about playing a Persona game. I guess Im lucky.

I heart Teddie so much.

I loved this and laughed when he said it the first time. When he kept repeating himself and nobody was reacting to it, I felt bad for the guy. Its such a stupid joke to make and thats what makes it hilarious.

Verelios

What's with Margaret's voice actor? It's really bad-- not in a so bad it's good kind of way, but really actually terrible.

Loving the game. I haven't even put it down since getting it yesterday. I actually forgot how much the OST rocked until now.

Le sigh. My "to keep sealed" Solid Gold copy arrived in pretty shit condition. All the corners are in various states of smooshed up. Anybody want at cost just for the items? I had to pay tax, so it would be like 80 with shipping. Presumptively this would be for someone interested in the contents, as the outer box isn't that great. Otherwise I will just return. If you want to see how bad the damage is it is probably too bad for you, but I can provide pictures later.

edit: Of course this arrived after gamestop already sold whatever new stock they had yesterday completely out!

ckohler

Some of you are too cynical when it comes to the voices. I think they all sound great. Some are better than others but none are annoying or bad, imo.

megalowho

Game just pops on that Vita screen, can't help taking a ton of screenshots.

Didn't expect to get sucked in again so quickly, but I should have - it's Persona 4, and the additions are all mostly great. Taking the randomness out of fusion and giving you even more control with ability cards is a huge leap on its own, they finally nailed that mechanic.

Trigger

I really have to give Teddie's replacement VO credit. He's very consistent and my enjoyment of the character hasn't changed.

Frostburn

Bought a fellow Gaffer's Vita when he upgraded over Black Friday. Already have the game waiting at home in anticipation. I'm new to the series and have wanted to play ever since watching a few of the GiantBomb Endurance Run videos. Any tips or resources I should look at or just dive head first into the game on Normal?

Cloudy

Banned
2nd boss spoilers. Guys, I need help with the
Yukkiko boss. I figure I need to fuse some ice-damage Persona for Yu go go along with Tomoe. Any other tips? Maybe I need to upgrade my equipment too cos she takes so much damage even with my defense buffs lol

I love the manual control of all characters :D

Salaadin

Bought a fellow Gaffer's Vita when he upgraded over Black Friday. Already have the game waiting at home in anticipation. I'm new to the series and have wanted to play ever since watching a few of the GiantBomb Endurance Run videos. Any tips or resources I should look at or just dive head first into the game on Normal?

I cant speak for everyone but I dove in completely blind and am enjoying the hell out of it.

Yukkiko boss. I figure I need to fuse some ice-damage Persona for Yu go go along with Tomoe. Any other tips? Maybe I need to upgrade my equipment too cos she takes so much damage even with my defense buffs lol

Fuse
a Jack Frost!!!

Edit: I love taking pictures!!!

AkuMifune

Banned
Grinding hours I supose?

I consider my Vita a P4 machine now, so whatever it takes to make this game last 5 years.

In all seriousness I've always been bad at persona fusing. Just kind of randomly fuse what I have with whatever social links are the best. Other than that, just luck.

Trigger

You need
to be about level 15 or so for the fight. Shadow Yukiko is weak to ice and her helper is weak to electricity.There should be a free strong weapon in the area where you fought Shadow Yosuke as well. It's not a difficult strategy at all; just a matter of stats.

Raxious

ok, so I just almost wrecked my vita and P4G. I got the game finally, so excited to put on the amazing skin, and what happens? the goddamn thing just gets a million bubbles under it, and they wouldn't go away. So I applied again, and the damn sides wouldn't stick anymore, and more bubbles showed up that didn't go away.

been toying with the damn thing for 40 minutes, then I crushed the skin and threw it away......

Cloudy

Banned
You need
to be about level 15 or so for the fight. Shadow Yukiko is weak to ice and her helper is weak to electricity.There should be a free strong weapon in the area where you fought Shadow Yosuke as well. It's not a difficult strategy at all; just a matter of stats.

Heh, I'm just level 10 or so :p

Venfayth

ok, so I just almost wrecked my vita and P4G. I got the game finally, so excited to put on the amazing skin, and what happens? the goddamn thing just gets a million bubbles under it, and they wouldn't go away. So I applied again, and the damn sides wouldn't stick anymore, and more bubbles showed up that didn't go away.

been toying with the damn thing for 40 minutes, then I crushed the skin and threw it away......

:(

Would you guys watch a Giantbomb Endurance Run of Persona 4 Golden with Patrick Klepic and Ryan Davis?

Ah bummer man, yeah it's got some kind of adhesive surface that causes dust to stick and forms bubbles even with a credit card press method. I just soaked mine in hot water at the sink for an hour and wiped away the adhesive and then put it on - gravity did it's thing and it's stuck to the screen without bubbles.

Raxious

Would you guys watch a Giantbomb Endurance Run of Persona 4 Golden with Patrick Klepic and Ryan Davis?

Ah bummer man, yeah it's got some kind of adhesive surface that causes dust to stick and forms bubbles even with a credit card press method. I just soaked mine in hot water at the sink for an hour and wiped away the adhesive and then put it on - gravity did it's thing and it's stuck to the screen without bubbles.

yea, was the main reason I pre-orderd it so early, so I could get the skin. Now im hoping that some other ppl I know might get the skin and don't want it.

Top Bottom