• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

How expensive do the skill cards get? I've been giving Marie all the ones I've collected so far and they're already costing a decent chunk of yens (for this point in the game)

Wonder how much Megidolaon would be

Golbez

How expensive do the skill cards get? I've been giving Marie all the ones I've collected so far and they're already costing a decent chunk of yens (for this point in the game)

Given how little money you get in this game, I don't think they'll ever be all that affordable... but I can hope.

Kyon

Banned
OMGGGG this is EVERYTHING just like when it was on PS2 YASS

ec20fb7f.gif

OMG @ not having to pick a card through shuffle time anymore from the spinning thing. You can pick whatever card you want. YAS no more BS shuffle games

ec20fb7f.gif

kewlmyc

Holy hell, why are costumes so expensive? Also lol at the girls swimsuits costing 3x the amount of the boys. The price of fanservice is high.

OMGGGG this is EVERYTHING just like when it was on PS2 YASS

ec20fb7f.gif

OMG @ not having to pick a card through shuffle time anymore from the spinning thing. You can pick whatever card you want. YAS no more BS shuffle games

ec20fb7f.gif

but the shuffle was like the easiest type of its minigame ever...oh well, the new thing is interesting

Trigger

The most expensive I've seen is about 50,000. I'll post the actual price once I get out of this boss fight.

Syrinx

On July 11th now. Or something like that.

Huh, the ultra-douchebag teacher was murdered. I'm not sad, but it's kinda bizarre. Now I'm confused. I should say that I, like Yosuke, thought that King Moron could have been the murderer. He was just such a dick who talked shit about the people who disappeared. But, he apparently wasn't.

As for my dude's relationship status, I think I'm dangerously close to approaching the point of no return with Yukiko. Which is kinda iffy since Rise just joined the party, and I just recently met the nurse at the hospital. I should ask again; is there a system in this game like in P3 where you get to a point with girls where you fuck up social links by hanging out with other girls? If so, it's kinda bullshit that you can't be a guy or girl in this game, so at least on a second playthrough you don't have to constantly juggle the same links.

DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN at Teddie. He's got a human form now, and he's fucking BEAUTIFUL. And I'm straight! Still, DAMMMNNNNN! He shouldn't have much problem scoring looking like that.

Thoraxes

Newegg? They charged me and sent me shipping notification on the 20th yet the tracking info didn't update till the 25th. I should be getting it today. I called them last night and asked them if they thought that was acceptable and they said no and have a $20 gift card on us. Yay.

In the Bath house now and it just keeps getting better!!

Yep. In contact via e-mail with them as of this early afternoon. I hope to have an outcome like yours. I'm in the same exact position with the shipping date and everything.

Hopefully my copy will be here tomorrow.

It's June 25th and I'm slowing working my way through
Rise's
dungeon. Man, SOS is a nice bonus as it's allowing me to keep my SP nearly topped off between battles. My team is currently lvl 30, but I haven't used
Kanji
yet. What's a good recommended lvl to tackle this dungeon's boss?

Varna

Wow. Difficulty took a huge nose dive in
Rise's Dungeon
. These things might hit hard but I will never find out. It's a nice break though.

Tamanon

Banned
On July 11th now. Or something like that.

Huh, the ultra-douchebag teacher was murdered. I'm not sad, but it's kinda bizarre. Now I'm confused. I should say that I, like Yosuke, thought that King Moron could have been the murderer. He was just such a dick who talked shit about the people who disappeared. But, he apparently wasn't.

As for my dude's relationship status, I think I'm dangerously close to approaching the point of no return with Yukiko. Which is kinda iffy since Rise just joined the party, and I just recently met the nurse at the hospital. I should ask again; is there a system in this game like in P3 where you get to a point with girls where you fuck up social links by hanging out with other girls? If so, it's kinda bullshit that you can't be a guy or girl in this game, so at least on a second playthrough you don't have to constantly juggle the same links.

DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN at Teddie. He's got a human form now, and he's fucking BEAUTIFUL. And I'm straight! Still, DAMMMNNNNN! He shouldn't have much problem scoring looking like that.

In answer to your S-link question, there is no penalty for dating one or more girls at a time in this game. It's not as harsh as P3, no broken S-links.

In answer to your S-link question, there is no penalty for dating one or more girls at a time in this game. It's not as harsh as P3, no broken S-links.

Did P3 have penalties for that? I don't remember. They must have hated the game, but not this player. Or maybe I spaced them out well enough. Or maybe I just don't remember. My memory is my least impressive faculty, I've come to learn.

edit: I remember I found a decent way to maintain my SP in P4 standard years ago. Anybody have any idea what it was? An accessory or something? Or is there a skill I can find. SOS works okay, but it is a pain in the ass. I think in P3 there were items where you would get a small SP boost at the start of the battle, and then if you could physical it a few battles and you are back running. Something like that.

Tamanon

Banned
Did P3 have penalties for that? I don't remember. They must have hated the game, but not this player. Or maybe I spaced them out well enough. Or maybe I just don't remember. My memory is my least impressive faculty, I've come to learn.

You could break a relationship with girls especially by cheating on them or neglecting them too long before maxing. It was a bit tough to do, but if you just forgot somebody, it could happen.

Syrinx

Oh, thank God. I really didn't want to pass up getting closer to and learning more about some of the girls like Rise and developing the S-links just to be able to not break the one with the one I'm dating.

This is something that Atlus should really work on for Persona 5. Though I definitely like Persona 4 not punishing me like Persona 3 did, it certainly isn't very realistic. They need to find a balance between realistic, believable romantic relationships and the social link systems.

C-Jo

Asking again because I posted this fairly late last night:

Does anyone know if it's possible to read all of the books and max out every s.link in the same playthrough? I was planning on going for the books this time around, but I forgot about the
missable Strength s.link events on Sundays.

Syrinx

You could break a relationship with girls especially by cheating on them or neglecting them too long before maxing. It was a bit tough to do, but if you just forgot somebody, it could happen.

I remember breaking Fuuka's skill link in P3. I don't remember exactly how. Maybe it was because I neglected her, or maybe it's because I kept dating Yukari. Funny thing is I don't think I broke the one with Chihiro even though I hadn't maxed out that one.

Maybe I misunderstand how the S-Link system works.

Balphon

edit: I remember I found a decent way to maintain my SP in P4 standard years ago. Anybody have any idea what it was? An accessory or something? Or is there a skill I can find. SOS works okay, but it is a pain in the ass. I think in P3 there were items where you would get a small SP boost at the start of the battle, and then if you could physical it a few battles and you are back running. Something like that.

If you want to avoid the fox tax, you can get a Persona/accessory with invigorate/cool breeze and just go defend against (or, for cool breeze, kill) a weak shadow for awhile.

Trigger

Yep, I've done that before, but can you do that while reading every book?

I don't think so. The night time hangout sessions provide nice social link boosts. However there's a book that unlocks later that allows you to read two chapters of any book in a night once you finish it.

Ponn

Banned
Wow, hard mode started out as a little bit of a pain but now its a cake walk. I mowed through
kanji's bath house dungeon
like it was nothing, didn't die once. Keep this pace and the majority of the game will be socializing.

Yukiko's totally hitting on me but the MC name is appropriate and i'm being a Jerk to her. Waiting for my true idol.

Trigger

I wish my timing with the screenshot feature was better. I wanted more shots of all the costumes I've gotten. Halloween Chie is kinda cute and Cheerleader
Teddie
is just hilarious.

I'm now at
Valentine's day. Either there is still something to be done, or this is the LONGEST EPILOGUE EVER.

Edit: Okay, so it is the longest.

I have taken like 218 pictures of this game and I just beat the first boss...

Best game ebah!

Instead of screenshots, I've made 13 different saves already so I can revisit some of the events.

You're more screenshot crazy than I am! I can't blame you, though, it's great fun taking screenshots of this game. :)

I´m taking every new extra like marie social link pictures to show it to friends so they can see what she is about....

Marie first time took me like 56 pics. <3

Trigger

I'm now at
Valentine's day. Either there is still something to be done, or this is the LONGEST EPILOGUE EVER.

lol, so you haven't gotten the chance to do anything else between the normal ending boss in December and February? Disappointing since I still have social links left.

Top Bottom