• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

lol, so you haven't gotten the chance to do anything else between the normal ending boss in December and February?

It was 2 months of doing nothing but social links. I kept getting some items and stuff from the T.V. show too, so I thought there might be something to do. But nope, it's social links and like 3 events. New years, ski trip, and Valentine's day.

matmanx1

This remake is so well done. I put 75+ hours in the original back in 2009 and I'm now enjoying all of the little additions that have been made in The Golden. The original game was very good but this new version is on a whole new level. I've already put almost 5 hours into it in just a couple of play sessions and I'm having to just about force myself to put it down. Good job, Atlus!

This remake is so well done. I put 75+ hours in the original back in 2009 and I'm now enjoying all of the little additions that have been made in The Golden. The original game was very good but this new version is on a whole new level. I've already put almost 5 hours into it in just a couple of play sessions and I'm having to just about force myself to put it down. Good job, Atlus!

I know right :) I'm finding myself saving every night before I go out so I can reload the save after talking/exhausting all dialogue options for characters I meet in the shopping district. I haven't really cared about things like this since I played, I dunno, VtMB or Witcher 2.

Venfayth

Doing the Jungian Psychology class in the TV Overlay thing, starting to see a lot of parallel ideas between this game and Zero Escape. Very cool :)

Trigger

It was 2 months of doing nothing but social links. I kept getting some items and stuff from the T.V. show too, so I thought there might be something to do. But nope, it's social links and like 3 events. New years, ski trip, and Valentine's day.

I think the "something to do" is Marie's event. I think it's supposed to unlock in January if one maxed the Aeon social link? That's probably why you didn't have anything to do. 2 months of social links sounds like heaven since I need to finish Yukiko, Naoto, and Yosuke's social links. Is this your first time? You still have the true ending stuff coming at least.

Accidentally shut off my Vita forgetting I hade P4 on standby. Lost a couple of hours of game time. But it's okay...it's a fun game. Now if it was during a boss fight...well I'd kill.

Just finished watching the credits. Total playtime: 63 hours, 23 minutes
It could be that I haven't played a game that interested me in awhile, but right now I feel that this is the best RPG and possibly the best game I have ever played. For such a long game, there were barely any moments that I felt the game was dragging on too much.

I think the "something to do" is Marie's event. I think it's supposed to unlock in January if one maxed the Aeon social link? That's probably why you didn't have anything to do. 2 months of social links sounds like heaven since I need to finish Yukiko, Naoto, and Yosuke's social links. Is this your first time? You still have the true ending stuff coming at least.

Yeah this is my first time playing through the game. Yeah I think that large gap in time is due Marie's event. Luckily, I have a save point before the December dungeon. I missed a lot of days that could be used to finish Marie's SL. Is the true ending a playable portion or is it like an epilogue sort of deal?

Tamanon

Banned
It could be that I haven't played a game that interested me in awhile, but right now I feel that this is the best RPG and possibly the best game I have ever played. For such a long game, there were barely any moments that I felt the game was dragging on too much.

Yeah this is my first time playing through the game. Yeah I think that large gap in time is due Marie's event. Luckily, I have a save point before the December dungeon. I missed a lot of days that could be used to finish Marie's SL. Is the true ending a playable portion or is it like an epilogue sort of deal?

True Ending:

It's another dungeon/boss/events

Kyon

Banned
this is the best RPG and IS the best game I have ever played.

Fixed and I see no lies.

No game could ever be this iconic

f58a8b71.gif

Trigger

The true ending is actually a dungeon. I copied the instructions here so I don't give the wrong advice to get it:

After you see all events with Commu that you already maxed, you'll see a choice. Pick the second option to not go home. Go to Food Court in Junes. When you examine the Lift, you'll given choice again. Pick the second option to not go home (again). Use the lift and pick the first option <I still have unfinishing matters>. After the event, go to Samegawa Flood Plain and go to the Riverbank. Talk to Ryoutarou and Nanako in there. After this, go to Shopping District South and speak to Gas Station Part-time worker in there You'll gain access to Final Dungeon, Yomotsu Hirasaka. Complete it and you'll get the True Ending.

Put those high level personae to use! Replay the game and you can do the bonus boss, Margaret too.

The true ending is actually a dungeon. I copied the instructions here so I don't give the wrong advice to get it:

After you see all events with Commu that you already maxed, you'll see a choice. Pick the second option to not go home. Go to Food Court in Junes. When you examine the Lift, you'll given choice again. Pick the second option to not go home (again). Use the lift and pick the first option <I still have unfinishing matters>. After the event, go to Samegawa Flood Plain and go to the Riverbank. Talk to Ryoutarou and Nanako in there. After this, go to Shopping District South and speak to Gas Station Part-time worker in there You'll gain access to Final Dungeon, Yomotsu Hirasaka. Complete it and you'll get the True Ending.

Put those high level personae to use! Replay the game and you can do the bonus boss, Margaret too.

Oh, I was wondering when the true ending thing would pop up for me. I was thinking it was just an after-credits scene or something if you talked to everyone on the last day. Didn't know that I had to choose to not go home yet.

Golbez

Oh, I was wondering when the true ending thing would pop up for me. I was thinking it was just an after-credits scene or something if you talked to everyone on the last day. Didn't know that I had to choose to not go home yet.
You haven't found the truth yet! Get back in the TV!

85xOUl.jpg

Meguro Stones... I love it.

Trigger

lol, is that what I do with the stones? Lord, 40+hrs and I'm still learning stuff!

;__; you never make a comment about any of my posts ;__;

Aw, I'm sorry! I'll comment more often then. Promise. :p

Yeah, a normal player would never guess that shit.

Syrinx

Progressed a bit further since my last posting.

Oh shit, Rise has the hots for my dude. I love Chie's response to what Rise said about studying with a member of the opposite sex. "Damn, this girl is dangerous.

Also, got to S-link rank 2 with Kanji. "I'm gonna renovate your ass." Lol.

So are there any penalties for having multiple girlfriends? I mistakenly entered into an "intimate relationship" with Yukiko and I wanted to hold ff on that until later in the game.

Bullza2o

24 hours in hard mode, the 3rd main dungeon. The 2nd one I breezed through, but this one there are so many enemies that OHKOs my whole team. I had to grind in the 1st dungeon, and I'm afraid I'll have to grind even more to save the third character.

InFamy

Neo Member
Man thanks to skill cards Izanagi has remained my best Persona throughout the entire game, which is great since he has the best design to me. That power charged Mind Slice has been putting in work.

24 hours in hard mode, the 3rd main dungeon. The 2nd one I breezed through, but this one there are so many enemies that OHKOs my whole team. I had to grind in the 1st dungeon, and I'm afraid I'll have to grind even more to save the third character.

SOS made all of this possible. Also, you can grind the first couple of floors on the first dungeon. There are plenty of the 50sp item drops there, or at least there were when I did it multitudes of times. Do each level twice on the main dungeon. If stuff is too hard, go back and do the previous level two more times.

I accidentally removed media from Yukiko's persona.. Is there anyway I can get it back?

Also am I the only one who only fights when its a golden hand? Am i missing anything by avoiding the other enemies?

Bullza2o

SOS made all of this possible. Also, you can grind the first couple of floors on the first dungeon. There are plenty of the 50sp item drops there, or at least there were when I did it multitudes of times. Do each level twice on the main dungeon. If stuff is too hard, go back and do the previous level two more times.
thanks for the advice. I'll do this tomorrow and see how it goes.

I also tried the optional boss in dungeon 1 and got demolished :(. I thought being 2 dungeons ahead makes it easy, but apparently not.

Ken

Man thanks to skill cards Izanagi has remained my best Persona throughout the entire game, which is great since he has the best design to me. That power charged Mind Slice has been putting in work.

What kind of skills should I be giving Izanagi?

Astra

So are there any penalties for having multiple girlfriends? I mistakenly entered into an "intimate relationship" with Yukiko and I wanted to hold ff on that until later in the game.

There wasn't in the original P4. You could have several active girlfriends without consequence.
At least in P3, you had to finish the social link with your current girlfriend before you made another one.

Syrinx

Began summer vacation.

Okay, Rise, asking my dude who he wants to see in a swimsuit is not cool. Not cool. Way to put him on the spot. I said I want to see Kanji just to be funny. But damn, Rise really does come on strong. She allows very little wiggle room.

So apparently the killer appeared on the Midnight Channel. I don't know who the fuck that guy is. Kind of lame to have a murder mystery and have the killer be some guy you haven't encountered yet. Though I should withhold judgement until the end.

Depends on who your party is. I gave him an electric spell, some basic physical attacks, and debuffs. If you keep Tarunda it can be upgraded to matarunda which can defuff whole parties.

I'll repost the earlier pic of my Izanagi.

Dang

How are you keeping him levelled? Did you start swapping him in and out late or did you use Izanagi all the way through?

I could see using him consistently with a good stream of skill cards but I haven't had too much luck.

Trigger

Dang

How are you keeping him levelled? Did you start swapping him in and out late or did you use Izanagi all the way through?

I could see using him consistently with a good stream of skill cards but I haven't had too much luck.

I've never unequipped him. The shuffle time bonuses keep his stats on par with the cast and evolved his skills as necessary. Little bonuses like 1+ Str don't seem important when spread amongst a large pool, but focused on one persona? Izanagi never fell behind. I lucked out on getting a resist wind skill card and got a megido card from the persona Toth.

Golbez

Really wish this matched up better.

Maybe I could edit out the 'Persona 4' part.

Here we go!
Much better!
I know it's a dumb question, but how do you change the image of the lock screen? I can change my regular backgrounds, but I haven't been able to find the lock screen option. Only the one where I can give it a password.

lingiii

Banned
Just rescued Rise today. Pumped to actually get to talk to her, I think she's really interesting.

Though its still Yuki in my heart.

How do you up with Kanji? I wanna hang out with that dude so bad but can't find him anywhere.

Top Bottom