• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Gaf, I need help!

Void Quest Endgame
So yeah, this boss sucks. Really, really, really sucks.

My first attempt, I just sorta went in and played it by ear. Got destroyed at about 50% by some move that practically one shotted the MC.

Second try, I went all defensive. It worked for a little bit but it felt like the longer I was alive, the quicker he was going to kill me...if that makes any sense. Its almost like the stupid baby gets fed up with looking at me and busts out all his powerful stuff. Fuck that guy.

Third try, I rearranged my persona and fused a few new ones and went all offensive on him thinking that the faster it was over, the better chance I had at winning. Got him to about 25% when he used that move again that destoryed the MC.

I started looking for a new persona to fuse in my level range and came across Black Frost so I spent a good portion of time last night farming for the cards and this morning, I got him to level 43 for that heavy fire move.
Now, Im planning on going in there equipped with any anti-Fear accessories I have so I dont have to waste turns removing that and then Ill just burn his ass.

Am I on the right track?? Any other pointers for this fight? I dont have much time to play tonight so if I do anything at all, Id like to beat this boss.

Im also wondering what people mean when they say they beat a dungeon in "one day". Is there some invisible timer thats going to kick me out in Im in the TV too long or are they simply referring to them manually leaving the dungeon to replenish health, sp, items, etc?

As far as the last question goes, there's no limitations besides running out of SP. If you run out of SP and don't have money/items to recover it, youll have to leave and waste another day in the TV instead of just rocking it out in one day and focusing on SLinks for the rest of the month.

For the boss, just try to be around mid 40s and you'll be fine. Having Yukiko with a high S Link will also prove to be very useful (mediarama, "esuna"(can't remember the name), along with the bonus healing power she gets). Don't use
Kanji
unless you like giving the baby extra turns, and whenever it starts "rebuilding" hit it with everything you've got, including throwing 150dmg items at it.

I have a rule right now, not that anyone cares, but I am not allowed to take a game cart out of the vita until I have beaten it. This currently means that I have had P4g since release and have not touched it, while slowly going insane with a feverish excitement/anxiousness from reading this thread daily.

Needed to write that out before I implode.

Venfayth

There's a couple tricks to Void Quest boss:

When he goes into baby form, he'll put a Wall on himself, this indicates which element he's about to hit you with. IE: If he casts Red Wall, he's going to start casting Maragion. If he casts Green Wall, he's going to start casting Magarula, etc. Guard with your characters accordingly, or switch to a Persona that drains/reflects that element if you're ballsy.

Beyond being aware of that, also consider spending one of your characters turns buffing up, as the baby will often spend one of his two turns casting Dekaja on you. Your team gets four turns, the baby gets two, so it's a good trade in your advantage.

And yeah, I grinded my team up to level 45 (I'm playing on very-hard, my team was originally around level 32 when I entered the TV, so this process took me about 8-9 hours) and nobody ever got close to dying. Yukiko's Mediarama + Divine Grace was able to keep everyone topped up pretty easily. I did have to use some Amrita Sodas, but not too many.

I have a rule right now, not that anyone cares, but I am not allowed to take a game cart out of the vita until I have beaten it. This currently means that I have had P4g since release and have not touched it, while slowly going insane with a feverish excitement/anxiousness from reading this thread daily.

Needed to write that out before I implode.

What do you have in there now that you need to beat before moving on to P4? Get rid of it!

What do you have in there now that you need to beat before moving on to P4? Get rid of it!

Trying to get through AC3L but every other time or so it glitches and I lose a ton of progress.

I am notorious for starting and not finishing games, trying to not waste money. We will see how it goes, but it's not looking good...

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, got ruined by Big Bird

Don't tell me I have to grind past level 10 and not use level 6 personas

I did it at level 11. Trick was to upgrade my gear at Daidara and fuse a Valkyrie for Yu. That way, I had 2 Ice-casters and Yosuke casting defense buffs. Just guard when it charges up for its fire attack and do physical attacks when it does it's ice resist spell.

Very strategic fight and satisfying to beat. :D

PS: I use direct commands on boss fights

Salaadin

For the boss, just try to be around mid 40s and you'll be fine. Having Yukiko with a high S Link will also prove to be very useful (mediarama, "esuna"(can't remember the name), along with the bonus healing power she gets). Don't use
Kanji
unless you like giving the baby extra turns, and whenever it starts "rebuilding" hit it with everything you've got, including throwing 150dmg items at it.

I think Im rank 7 with Yukiko and around level 42-43. Shes actually doing a good job of keeping us topped off right now. If I get Mediarama, she'll be even better.

Didnt even think of using my 150 dmg items. I probably have a few of those laying around.

Thanks.

There's a couple tricks to Void Quest boss:

When he goes into baby form, he'll put a Wall on himself, this indicates which element he's about to hit you with. IE: If he casts Red Wall, he's going to start casting Maragion. If he casts Green Wall, he's going to start casting Magarula, etc. Guard with your characters accordingly, or switch to a Persona that drains/reflects that element if you're ballsy.

Beyond being aware of that, also consider spending one of your characters turns buffing up, as the baby will often spend one of his two turns casting Dekaja on you. Your team gets four turns, the baby gets two, so it's a good trade in your advantage.

And yeah, I grinded my team up to level 45 (I'm playing on very-hard, my team was originally around level 32 when I entered the TV, so this process took me about 8-9 hours) and nobody ever got close to dying. Yukiko's Mediarama + Divine Grace was able to keep everyone topped up pretty easily. I did have to use some Amrita Sodas, but not too many.

This I did not know and it will help me out a ton. He was initially getting 3 attacks on me last night because hed always find a weakness. I eventually stopped him from doing that but itll be nice to know whats coming before he even has a chance now.

I frequently use buffs so Im good there.

Thanks for the help.

I feel good about this now that I have some extra juice behind my attack and Im a few levels higher. Being that I got him to ~25% before, these small adjustments should help.
This is the first time I actually felt "stuck" in this game.

I got almost to the top of the Bathhouse on very hard in one day but I was gettin sleepy and a shadow got the drop on me and OH MY GOD THE FUCKING DICE
DONT YOU DARE
DONT YOU DARE
DONT YOU DARE
LAST RESORT

also yes, I am playing very slowly.

Trying to get through AC3L but every other time or so it glitches and I lose a ton of progress.

I am notorious for starting and not finishing games, trying to not waste money. We will see how it goes, but it's not looking good...

dont get all of any of the collectables, that has been said to be a trigger of the save corruption thing.

More Pics!!!

485030_4237509490038_1250902767_n.jpg

556740_4237509530039_1474143863_n.jpg

483484_4237509570040_1086952402_n.jpg

598495_4237509970050_1292963412_n.jpg

305939_4237510010051_1171250564_n.jpg

252380_4237510210056_1617927874_n.jpg

61409_4237510650067_967244650_n.jpg
Fuck the police!

406960_4237512490113_580661302_n.jpg

74747_4237512610116_372734510_n.jpg

406970_4237512850122_1991295241_n.jpg

319633_4237513410136_1333342988_n.jpg

web01

Quick question is it better to leave going into the TV world until rains because it seems likes its not possible to meet up and take part in alot of activities when its raining. Any disadvantage to waiting this long?

Also once I have unlocked all the moves for a persona should I just fuse it up straight away?

I hate when I lose 2 or so hours of grinding and climbing the whole thing in one sitting due to my overconfidence youfuckingdicegoawayihateyou

Chavelo

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME, SON.

Already played the original release of PS2 about 3 times, two of those with NG+ clear.

Decided to go ahead and play the first sitting of the game on hard this time around (I usually go Normal then Hard NG+) and holy shit: Not only do the little added bits make everything better (actual save points and exploration on the first two hours of the game, new dialogue, skip option OHMYGODILOVETHIS, and new VA) but wow, the bump in difficulty right off the bat makes the game feel just like new (lost 30 minutes trying to grind a bit to be ready for
Chie's Banana
, holy shit did I raged hard).

Hook it. To my veins. NOW.

Quixzlizx

I never played the original P4 because I needed a break after playing P3FES non-stop, so I have no basis for comparison, but I like Chie's voice in Golden.

I also had some sort of nervous system response to hearing Persona tunes and UI SFX. Is this what nicotine addicts feel like? I only stopped playing last night because my Vita battery ran low.

Dantis

Haha, I loved that episode. Especially the
bitch slapping
. :D

And Yu's ringtone... lolz.

One of the better episodes. The anime genuinely had some amazing moments. There were times when I was watching it and thinking "Yep, this is Persona".

There was also shit like the King's Game, but we'll just pretend that didn't happen.

Omikaru

One of the better episodes. The anime genuinely had some amazing moments. There were times when I was watching it and thinking "Yep, this is Persona".

There was also shit like the King's Game, but we'll just pretend that didn't happen.

Yeah... King's Game is best left forgotten. A bit in the anime which I think is better than the game is probably the Mystery Food X bit. I just think the whole visual presentation, and how it's told is better.

pyrandes

I havent played P4 in a couple of years. despite this, I started my playthru of this game on very hard.. and this difficulty is no joke. One mistake can effectively wipe your MC out in a round (either by not covering your weakness or having one of your characters defend when you see a boss tell). Really enjoying the challenge, however, as it is breathing new life into the game.

Finished the Castle last night. Boss was a lot easier than the random mooks in the hallways by far. Ground levels to lv 14 and I feel bad using the SOS system to regen SP when I need it (though I did rack up a good bit of snuff souls from chests doing this). Hit up a lower level I can auto on, turn on sos, and just regen bit by bit :0.

The additions so far seem good, though a bit less impressed with Marie (seems she'll be a dissapointment anyways). The skill cards and gems for alternative advancement is pretty cool. Finished a book last night that allowed the MC gain some extra knowledge when studying... so useful, gaining 2-3 knowledge-ups in a study session. That book will pay for itself.

Venfayth

Yeah, playing on Very Hard makes it almost necessary to abuse SOS. I don't think it's required to one-day all the dungeons if you plan / play it correctly, but it certainly helps.

Trigger

Void Quest dungeon was my favorite.
The music change at Shadow Mitsuo's battle is great.

I hate when I lose 2 or so hours of grinding and climbing the whole thing in one sitting due to my overconfidence youfuckingdicegoawayihateyou

This feel. I know it too bro

ckohler

Two questions about romance. I haven't gotten to that point but I want to know in advance:

1) Can you romance Chie? Because screw waifus, I like spunky athletic types.

2) If you romance only one character, are you hurting yourself gameplay wise? I like to play things loyal in most games.

Two questions about romance. I haven't gotten to that point but I want to know in advance:

2) If you romance only one character, are you hurting yourself gameplay wise? I like to play things loyal in most games.

1- Yes <3
2- You can do multiple girlfriends but I think that if one founds out she will break the social link. Correct me if I´m wrong.

Venfayth

1. yeaaaaa
2. not really. you can still max out everyone else, but you can just go the "friends only" route to still get them to s.link 10

2- You can do multiple girlfriends but I think that if one founds out she will break the social link. Correct me if I´m wrong.

No, there are no broken social links in P4. Unless you do some really dumb shit with Ai.

Salaadin

Sorry, bud. I made Chie my girl yesterday. Shes taken. :p

How are the PSP persona games? I might have to pick those up when this is done.
I want P4A too. And I want to watch the anime. I need help.

Trigger

Came in here to say fuck
Mitsuo
in the dungeon after Rise. He uses a different strategy every time I retry him.

If it makes you feel better, this is probably the second toughest fight in the game.

Sorry, bud. I made Chie my girl yesterday. Shes taken. :p

How are the PSP persona games? I might have to pick those up when this is done.
I want P4A too. And I want to watch the anime. I need help.

Persona and Persona 2 are okay. They're very old school SMT and the presentation isn't anywhere close to slick.

Dantis

Void Quest dungeon was my favorite.
The music change at Shadow Mitsuo's battle is great.

Caught me completely off guard. Very cool little addition.

If it makes you feel better, this is probably the second toughest fight in the game.

Persona and Persona 2 are okay. They're very old school SMT and the presentation isn't anywhere close to slick.

...That's not entirely true, the menus are very nice in P2. :p

Necrovex

The King's Game was hysterical; I was in tears! I loved Yu during that scene.

Omikaru

Just picked it up.

Is there any guide to get all the S. Links maxed in the first playthrough?

I'd be surprised if that's the case so early on. I suppose a few eager GameFAQs guide writers may have played the Japanese version, but they're still writing up their guides.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs

You could try one for Persona 4 on PS2, I guess, but with the way the game has changed (new events are introduced very early on) it's probably not that relevant for this game.

I'm not even going to bother with max all social links on my first play. I'll keep that for next year when a comprehensive guide is out.

I'd be surprised if that's the case so early on. I suppose a few eager GameFAQs guide writers may have played the Japanese version, but they're still writing up their guides.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs

You could try one for Persona 4 on PS2, I guess, but with the way the game has changed (new events are introduced very early on) it's probably not that relevant for this game.

I'm not even going to bother with max all social links on my first play. I'll keep that for next year when a comprehensive guide is out.

Yeah, after reading the introduction of that guide I've decided to not bother maxing up all the Social Links and just enjoy the game in Normal difficulty and all the new content.

God, I wish I could bang the dog as I banged Yukiko.

Venfayth

For those of you who played Virtue's Last Reward (or 999), watch the first episode of Mr. Edogawa's Jungian Psychology class on the TV Overlay! (double tap the screen, go to the shows, it's on the left, make sure you save first as it exits the game)

I thought it was very cool. :)

Top Bottom