• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

2broken4me

toss the support character out and go back to 5 man parties from p1 and 2 pls

She can be very broken indeed. I didn't need to do anything but bash the normal ending boss with physical attack since she could buff me.

I imagine the bonus boss will be a piece of cake too.

Mr.Fresh

I still remember getting home from work and starting playing... I then check the clock and it´s 5 am.

Was worth all the sleep I had the other day.

Lol that exact thing happened to me the day the game came out except I got outta school.!

Is there a secret dungeon at the end? Spoiler just in case people don't wanna know.

Lol that exact thing happened to me the day the game came out except I got outta school.!

Is there a secret dungeon at the end? Spoiler just in case people don't wanna know.

Do you want me to tell you how many dungeons are left? If so, tell me what dungeon you are at right now.

bigkrev

Leveled up to 50, finally went back and killed Contrarian King. I think it took like 3 turns to kill him! Feels Good after all those deaths to him earlier in the game :)

ckohler

I'm having a hard time telling exactly when I should rescue someone from the Midnight Channel. I know they've been beating me over the head with "you gotta do it before the fog" but what exactly does that mean? Does that mean I have to enter the TV on the day it rains, on the day before, or on the day after it rains?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm having a hard time telling exactly when I should rescue someone from the Midnight Channel. I know they've been beating me over the head with "you gotta do it before the fog" but what exactly does that mean? Does that mean I have to enter the TV on the day it rains, on the day before, or on the day after it rains?

There's a long period of rain, usually three days, then the fog hits.

It's pretty generous on how long you actually have to save someone. I still do it ASAP though, then you can have all the time in the world to go about your Social Links, especially with your party members because they are too worried about who is in the TV to want to hang out.

Trigger

Check the weather forecast. When the deadline comes you'll see three days of straight rain followed by a foggy day in the forecast. That is your deadline. Your friends will also warn you that a deadline is close. IMO, you should tackle a new dungeon immediately in case you need time to buy supplies or if a dungeon requires multiple trips.

ckohler

There's a long period of rain, usually three days, then the fog hits.

That still doesn't answer my question though.

Check the weather forecast. When the deadline comes you'll see three days of straight rain followed by a foggy day in the forecast. That is your deadline. Your friends will also warn you that a deadline is close. IMO, you should tackle a new dungeon immediately in case you need time to buy supplies or if a dungeon requires multiple trips.

But can I still rescue them on the foggy day or not? Do they have be rescued on the day before or not?

Trigger

But can I still rescue them on the foggy day or not? Do they have be rescued on the day before or not?

Anytime before the actual foggy day itself. When the fog comes they'll be dead so there is no option to visit the dungeon. :p

EDIT- Think about what happened to
Saki Konishi. She was hanging on the telephone pole the morning of the foggy day itself. If that happens to Yukiko then there's no chance to save her (I assume that where you're at in the story).
Hope that helps.

Omikaru

Post Scooter spoilers:
the Okina City scene with Hanako, especially when the boss battle music plays. Hilarious.

Yes! I'm really enjoying some of the new content in this.
I love that after you arrive on your scooters, Kanji comes strolling in about 5 minutes later on his pushbike, hahaha.

Salaadin

Yes! Voidquest boss has been defeated. Thanks all for the help!

I loved the cook-off afterwards. Lots of funny moments and Nanako is such a sweet little girl.

froliq

Got the game yesterday here in Europe. Started on very hard, but urgh.. The later floors of the first dungeon are harsh. Enemies seem to have no weaknesses and just 1 blow can be enough to game over me.

Can't remember having any real problems with P3P on maniac for example. Very tough to manage HP and SP in the early game here and also not many yen to spend.

demonkaze

I've just spent the last hour and a half trying to fight dancing hands for their 10 of their drops and i've only fought one...

I've even managed to hit 29 in the 2nd dungeon lol.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Messed up a low level persona fusion and got a level 35 Ose along with Power Charge. I'm okay with this.

Shouta

Finally got my copy. 3-Day Select my foot UPS. Oh well.

Looks really nice on the Vita. I kinda wish they had held out on doing P3 and had put it on the Vita instead of the PSP now, lol.

Bullza2o

The moment where you got to the boss floor and you don't find any Goho-m....

Oh well I might as well beat the boss
es
now.

Syrinx

So.... (significant late July spoilers)

The killer is that kid who called Yukiko "Yuki" earlier in the game? Huh, that's kinda odd. I'm glad it actually is somebody I met, and I think the game did a pretty good job setting it up, seeing as how I met him but didn't remember him. Still, his motives better be pretty damn convincing. It would really suck if his motives really did boil down to "Yukiko rejected me and I hate bikers and Rise ignored me waaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Finally got my copy. 3-Day Select my foot UPS. Oh well.

Looks really nice on the Vita. I kinda wish they had held out on doing P3 and had put it on the Vita instead of the PSP now, lol.

I feel the same way about P3 - I love P3P but not having the visual association between characters and events gave me expectational remorse.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I feel the same way about P3 - I love P3P but not having the visual association between characters and events gave me expectational remorse.

But if they did that, then we probably wouldn't have gotten P4G until much later, if at all! (considering the Vita's not doing so hot right now...) :(

C-Jo

I've love to see FES ported to the Vita (+ Female MC) and given the Golden treatment. But I think that ship has long since sailed.

But if they did that, then we probably wouldn't have gotten P4G until much later, if at all! (considering the Vita's not doing so hot right now...) :(

Oh! Yeah this reminds me, I am very curious to see sales numbers for this game.

Oh hey jello, I made pudding in July. It asked what I should add for scent and I put in cologne.

I've love to see FES ported to the Vita (+ Female MC) and given the Golden treatment. But I think that ship has long since sailed.

Well, they are releasing that P3 movie, right? It might hook enough of an audience for a port, perhaps.

Fuck that noise. Persona 1 and 2's remade with the Persona 4 combat engine.

BTW, I am very happy people in this topic somehow went all these years unspoiled and are going in this game fresh.

Varna

Leveled up to 50, finally went back and killed Contrarian King. I think it took like 3 turns to kill him! Feels Good after all those deaths to him earlier in the game :)

What the... why did you wait so long? Beat him at about level 20 on very hard.

I would considering buying P3 a third time if they pretty much overhauled everything and of course ported all the great additions from Golden.

Fuck that noise. Persona 1 and 2's remade with the Persona 4 combat engine.

BTW, I am very happy people in this topic somehow went all these years unspoiled and are going in this game fresh.

Oh, this too. P2 (the complete package) would be amazing too. Only real thing keeping P2 from holding up is the terrible combat system.

Finally beat Big Bird

Took me going into the TV 4 times because the first time I got to the top I was level 9. After that I thought I'd grind a bit, didn't have enough SP left to make an attempt. Third time I wanted to get one level, realized I'd probably need more SP. Finally, whooped that big red booty

Is it a good idea to grind on the last few rainy days before the fog? From what I remember only Drama/Music club is available on those days.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Probably been asked before but did everyone who bought a US copy get a case that's pretty much half covered in French text? Seems like the Canadian version of the game, but at this point I'm not sure if the straight English version like this one actually exists:
81XTUUbY8KL._AA1476_.jpg

Trigger

The new ultimate persona skills are pretty awesome.
Chie has a skill that will essentially cast Heat Rise on the party.

FES in the P4G engine? I'd buy it with a smile.

I just know they'd charge full price for such a thing though. Blargh, I've bought every version Persona 3 now.

Varna

Oh hell yes, and more importantly those characters deserve social links. I want to know why Masao Inaba is so funky.

They should have to redo the entire story to make it work. It's just not something would work. Ultimately it's kind of pointless too. In Persona 1/2 (a lot more in part 2) you got tons of information from your party members by talking to them at different locations. You get to know a lot of really interesting and intimate things. Hell, I would say far more then P3/4 with it's cast of characters.

I guess, but how in the world could they implement them with a non calendar system?

Easily, all they need are the social link-esque cutscenes between and/or replacing certain expository points in the game. It could be similar to how the Devil Survivor games place a character at a certain place at a certain time. Lisa at the burger joint, Eikichi at the record store, Ulala smoking on the balcony of the apartment, etc.

Top Bottom