• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Mr.Fresh

I think the final boss is actually easier.
Shadow Mitsuo being able to recreate the shell really pads that whole fight.

Yess it made that fight take forever! I tried to finish him before he transformed but no luck.

Edit: The Team Manager girl is such a bitch. Lol. Reminds me of some girls irl. I know, that's bad.

Not all of it was though. Scenes like the special battle in the True Ending episode were genuinely very Persona-esque. The Mitsuo episode too.

The true ending seemed meh at first, but if you rewatch the beginning and then the end again you get a small ooooooooooh moment. I think it was expanded in the dvd versions or something.

Bullza2o

I think I screwed up big time. My party is around level 27 average, and I'm stuck at 3rd dungeon. Please help!

Oh and is the last day of rain the last chance I'll have to finish a dungeon? For reference: I'm on 7/9 right now, and tomorrow the rain stops.

Dungeon problems:

I think my planning was screwed. I'm on 7/9 and still on floor 8 in the Striptease. I just found out that there's 11 or so floors total, but I was relieved when I defeated Shadow Rise. However, right after that I got obliterated by Shadow Teddie. Now I have to redo BOTH fights, wtf.

Now if this day is my last chance to finish this, I really doubt I can. And I save after every decision I make, so my earliest save is probably not too long ago.

What should I do?!

Trigger

I feel like maxing the Lover's Social Link is mandatory once it's available. It's saved me so many times.

I think I screwed up big time. My party is around level 27 average, and I'm stuck at 3rd dungeon. Please help!

Oh and is the last day of rain the last chance I'll have to finish a dungeon? For reference: I'm on 7/9 right now, and tomorrow the rain stops.

Dungeon problems:

I think my planning was screwed. I'm on 7/9 and still on floor 8 in the Striptease. I just found out that there's 11 or so floors total, but I was relieved when I defeated Shadow Rise. However, right after that I got obliterated by Shadow Teddie. Now I have to redo BOTH fights, wtf.

Now if this day is my last chance to finish this, I really doubt I can. And I save after every decision I make, so my earliest save is probably not too long ago.

What should I do?!

First, anytime you're late on a dungeon you can rewind a week. If you don't mind losing out on some social link progress do that. :p

Second:

You just need a persona with ice resistance and lots of mouthwash. Teddie likes to silence you and hit you with ma-level ice spells. Physical resistance is nice too. King Frost is your friend.

Golbez

Dungeon problems:

What should I do?!
Level 27? I'm doing that fight as we speak at around level 40 or so. Levels can make a huge difference in this, so I'm not surprised the boss is extremely rough. I bet it can be done with some excellent fusing, but as to what... perhaps someone else can help.

yami4ct

Dungeon problems:

What should I do?!

You can finish any dungeon in 1 day with a little grinding, so you're not totally screwed if you want to put some work into it. The key is you know the bosses' strategies now. Grab some personas to counter that. I beat
Shadow Teddie
on hard with a fair amount of ease, and not much higher level than you, just by taking a null ice persona and a dodge physical item I got from a gold chest. If you really don't feel you can do it in a single day, go back and fail. The game will just rewind your progress a week. Sure you lose a week, but you can budget your time more effectively this time.

So i am about 20 hours into Persona 3 Portable, I think I am about 30-40% done based on the bosses I have faced.

With that being said I really want to play P4G...and I am considering putting P3P on the shelf and going into P4G. What do you think?

Mr.Fresh

Because it's an Incubus, basically male succubus.

That makes sense haha. I didn't even tink about that!

Dungeon problems:

What should I do?!

I was level 32 when I beat him. Just bring mouthwashes like someone above said and try and get Jack Frost.

Bullza2o

Alright thanks for the input guys. Shadow
Teddie
did not really seem hard, just seem like a really long fight. I don't know though because I only knocked down 1/5 of the HP. Having Yukiko is also a bit of a problem, but I need her for healing. Also, my stat boosters suck; I only have attack up or enemy defense down, no def up for party.

I think a big part of why I'm so pressed with time was because I leveled up Yukiko's SL too much XD. I'll take a look, but if all else doesn't work I'll just rewind 1 week.

EDIT:

I'm sorry but what are mouthwashes? I've only played P3 (almost done, on hiatus) and currently playing P4G, yet I still don't know terms.

Guys, More pics!!!

BTW, is there any way to spoiler pics??

378893_4237514810171_71940313_n.jpg

305630_4237513690143_506019053_n.jpg

486319_4237513970150_316576913_n.jpg

61446_4237514010151_963520182_n.jpg

602377_4237514130154_886335635_n.jpg

21691_4237514370160_1794849641_n.jpg

15946_4237514970175_843674583_n.jpg

73272_4237515050177_128130634_n.jpg

8736_4237515130179_1162713635_n.jpg

574559_4237515290183_566802634_n.jpg

378938_4237515450187_927639764_n.jpg

30969_4237517930249_366841747_n.jpg

252300_4237521090328_2081173756_n.jpg

Trigger

Guys, More pics!!!

BTW, is there any way to spoiler pics??

I'd just post the image link without the image tags and just say that it's a spoiler. Like so:

(spoiler for Chie's ultimate persona) http://i.minus.com/ibgIblmoPtXEcv.jpg

EDIT:

I'm sorry but what are mouthwashes? I've only played P3 (almost done, on hiatus) and currently playing P4G, yet I still don't know terms.

Go to the Shiroku General store in the shopping district. The woman there sells an item to cure almost every ailment. Mouthwash is an item that cures silence.

Is this easy to recommend to someone that has never played a Persona Game? I enjoyed a few of the Final Fantasies, but never played this!

From normal to hard difficulties, you could lose 1 or 2 hours of grind by a simple mistake or an enemy that avoided your attack...

Besides that is awesome!! Just go for it!

Omikaru

Is this easy to recommend to someone that has never played a Persona Game? I enjoyed a few of the Final Fantasies, but never played this!

Yes. I'd say Persona 4 Golden is the best Persona gateway drug. It's got a wide array of difficulties (so lack of confidence with RPGs is no excuse), has the best story and characters in the series, and is the most compelling to play.

Bullza2o

Go to the Shiroku General store in the shopping district. The woman there sells an item to cure almost every ailment. Mouthwash is an item that cures silence.

That does it. I'll have to move back to an earlier save to buy appropriate items for the boss fight. Yukiko's gonna have to wait.

Hybrid897

Wow had a lot of fun with the quiz in the tv listing, got rolled by Chie the first time... too many meat questions.

Also, does anyone have any tips for the Hardcore Risette fan trophy? I'm on the final dungeon and its still not happening ;_;

Wow had a lot of fun with the quiz in the tv listing, got rolled by Chie the first time... too many meat questions.

Also, does anyone have any tips for the Hardcore Risette fan trophy? I'm on the final dungeon and its still not happening ;_;

Do you get anything for those quizzes?

Salaadin

I forget the actual dialogue but I laughed so hard last night when Teddie
was asked what he was made of

"50% kindness"
"What about the other half?"
"Teddie fur!"

Fur and kindness. :lol

Rise appreciation post:
Low on SP? No problem! Rise will restore your SP!
A boss hits you hard? No problem! Rise can either heal your party or increase everyone's defense so he'll hit like a girl next time!
The boss is taking forever to kill? No problem! Rise will increase your party's attack so you don't need to waste anyone's turn on buffing your party! Or even better, she will charge everyone up so their next attack does massive damage!
The boss uses a strong attack that will kill multiple members of your party? No problem! Rise can block that entire attack!
The boss got lucky with a crit on your MC and decides to give you a game over with its extra turn? No problem! Rise will revive your MC to full hp AND full sp!

She is a Goddess

And this is just her auto-capabilities, too.

Venfayth

Rise appreciation post:
A boss hits you hard? No problem! Rise can either heal your party or increase everyone's defense so he'll hit like a girl next time!
The boss is taking forever to kill? No problem! Rise will increase your party's attack so you don't need to waste anyone's turn on buffing your party! Or even better, she will charge everyone up so their next attack does massive damage!
The boss uses a strong attack that will kill multiple members of your party? No problem! Rise can block that entire attack!
The boss got lucky with a crit on your MC and decides to give you a game over with its extra turn? No problem! Rise will revive your MC to full hp AND full sp!

She is a Goddess

I haven't had a chance to experience this yet, Rise was only at level 2 when I went into
Void Quest
but now she's maxed and I've taken her on a couple bike rides and I'm heading in to
Naoto's dungeon
so I'll see how broken she truly is on Very-Hard.

Rise appreciation post:

She is a Goddess

But does she like steaaaaak?!

Bullza2o

Rise appreciation post:

She is a Goddess

Whoa sounds OP. I haven't unlocked her yet, but reading this makes me think the game will become a lot easier when I do.

Was laying down and playing this last night and my friend kept telling me to hurry up and get on BF3 or PSASBR. I told him just one more floor. 5 hours passed and I was still playing. This game man...

Rise appreciation post:

She is a Goddess

very hard neuterer. her superbuffs and improvement should have been optional.

Trigger

Rise appreciation post:

She is a Goddess

Preach. The support character in P5 has big shoes high heels to fill.

Top Bottom