• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Yaweee

"3) If the first one was so good and I hated it, thinks the skeptic, I’ll never buy it no matter what the reviews say."

Which also isn't even remotely fucking true. Just look at the JP sales of Raidou 2.

There's been craploads of games where the sequel did substantially better than the original.

Regardless of how "cheesy" the PS3 may be considered, I love it! So that gives me high hopes for P4's and I'm just itching to hear it...

There was/is no better feeling than running through the dorm in P3 with the lyrics "Dance, I'll put you in a trance..." echoing (is that what they really are?)

Heretic

Why is no one singing the Junes jingle?

that's the only song that i didn't get tired of throughout the project.

sing it with me!

Every day is great at your Junes!
*waves arm back and forth*

Heretic said:

sing it with me!

For anyone that is playing, I'm just curious. Can you enter Junes?

Volcynika

Heretic said:

sing it with me!

:lol

I should sing that randomly and confuse my friends!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlazingDarkness said:
it's because he's in every single game

THIS TIMES 1000000000000000000000000000000.

I'm sick of him. It's like when they decided to use Steven Blum in every single anime dub D:

Shouta said:
You will find out when you play. =P

Fair enough ! :D

Fuck, I can't wait! Haven't been this excited to play a jRPG in SO EFFIN LONG.

How are the murder-mystery elements in the beginning? Another thing I'll have to find out when I play? :p Nothing better than a GOOD murder mystery, I always say.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Y2Kev said:
I can't find a physical copy in NYC yet. :\

!! Did you try GS on 14th Union Square? I got mine there (pre-order) but they seemed to have plenty of copies as they were unpacking their shipment.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
bob_arctor said:
!! Did you try GS on 14th Union Square? I got mine there (pre-order) but they seemed to have plenty of copies as they were unpacking their shipment.
and away i gooooo

Shouta

Kagari said:
THIS TIMES 1000000000000000000000000000000.

I'm sick of him. It's like when they decided to use Steven Blum in every single anime dub D:

It ain't any different than hearing any Japanese VA in a bunch of anime and games. I hope you're sick of some Japanese VAs! :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shouta said:
It ain't any different than hearing any Japanese VA in a bunch of anime and games. I hope you're sick of some Japanese VAs! :lol

Actually, I am! I'm really tired of Miyano Mamoru being in every fricken thing.

Delio

Well i'm really liking the game so far. The intro stuff was long but interesting. Chie and Yosuke are really cool chars ^_^

Tamanon said:
OMG! YOU CAN EQUIP YOUR PARTY MEMBERS JUST FROM THE MAIN STATUS MENU!
OMG, YES! :D

Equipping everyone in P3 was a fucking pain. So, since you can equip them, you can obviously see their stats and everything...right?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Rahxephon91 said:
Why? Hes a good v/o.
11uj9kk.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bleh, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get mine. Got the artbook without preordering :O

Blackjack

Oh, man...First dungeon:
I made it to Yukiko, but I have about 10 SP for each of my dudes. Is there a save/teleport before her or do I gotta walk all the way out?

Edit: Heh...nevermind.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Shocking.

Atlus + Amazon + Free Shipping usually = you'll see your shit in a week or two!
Admittedly, I did NOT get my Persona 4 today. But somehow, the social expansion thing did!

I dig how the only the first letter of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday are highlighted! :D

Yaweee

Oh, so you can see the cards in Shuffle Time, then press Circle if you don't feel like risking what you've earned. That makes it a lot better than I expected.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Got this and the guide today. Loving this so far. The whole murder mystery clicks much more than anything in all of P3 did with me.

botticus

Well, I just finished DDS today. So now I have to debate between diving right into DDS2, playing P3 first, or starting into the new and shiny P4. Such difficult decisions.

suzu

Suppose to be getting it this friday. D:

I see that nobody is complaining about Yosuke's VA and he's done a bunch of stuff too. I think JYB is a good VA even if he's in everything.

I think I've gone and spoiled myself now... and this is from just watching a regular clip on the official site. Damn, I hate myself for making the connection, lol. :(

TehOh said:
Just in time for the relase (and just in time to fuel the hype even more on here), my review has gone up. :D

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2008/12/09/4cr-review-persona-4/

out of 10.

Why are so many reviewers calling P4 the sendoff for the PS2, when a new, apparently good SMT game for PS2 just came out in Japan and has a decent chance of coming out in the US?

I'm picking up my preordered copy tonight, but probably won't have the chance to play until Thursday morning. 12 hour shifts at work + fairly long commute sucks sometimes.

Guled

To those playing the game right now, I hate you
Yaweee said:
Oh, so you can see the cards in Shuffle Time, then press Circle if you don't feel like risking what you've earned. That makes it a lot better than I expected.
awesome :D

Yaweee

Game Informer's review is up (they have a webpage???), far and away the lowest score for the game at 8 and 7.25. Main complaints were pacing and grinding.

Blackjack

wangman31888 said:
for those who've played any significant amount of time...

Harder/Easier/About the same difficulty as P3??
A little harder, solely because you can no longer recover all your SP by returning to the entrance.

Also, no more menu/stairs trick to maximize the first strikes.

Top Bottom