• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Blackjack

Tamanon said:
Holy crap, boss at the end of the first dungeon just kicked my ass!:( Gotta work on some better Personas dangit. At least something with Media will help.
I'm waiting until the 25th
So I can take advantage of the Fusion Forecast and make an Eligor with Media.

Via fusion skills it will also have Resist Fire and Rakukaja. It will be a sexy beast, and I will love it

Tenks

Played for 3 or so hours (
Just entered Yukiko's castle and rescued Chie
) and all I can say is holy shit this game is going to be awesome.

Acid08

Banned
Picked my copy up today. Art book is insanely awesome. I expected some little book but it's a full size beast.

Still not sure how I'll like it compared to P3. I loved everything about P3 so much, especially the characters, that idk how P4 will measure up.

Plus none of the girls are as hot as Yukari or Mitsuru

Items Ordered
1 of: Persona 4: Amazon.com Exclusive Social Link Expansion Pack [Accessory]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$29.99
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

Shipping estimate: December 15, 2008

:((((((((((((

game owns though

Darkman M

Acid08 said:
Picked my copy up today. Art book is insanely awesome. I expected some little book but it's a full size beast.

Still not sure how I'll like it compared to P3. I loved everything about P3 so much, especially the characters, that idk how P4 will measure up.

Plus none of the girls are as hot as Yukari or Mitsuru

Rise is a idol dude!!

MBison

I have a dumb question, I apologize in advance. I have P3:FES but it's in my backlog but I'm getting P4 for Xmas. Are the stories connected in any way or can I just play P4? And then go back to P3:FES? I don't want to spoil myself but I also want to just play P4 cause of all the great things people keep telling me.

Thanks!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yaweee said:
Game Informer's review is up (they have a webpage???), far and away the lowest score for the game at 8 and 7.25. Main complaints were pacing and grinding.
I don't think anyone takes that magazine's reviews seriously here. They are a joke.

Darkman M

MBison said:
I have a dumb question, I apologize in advance. I have P3:FES but it's in my backlog but I'm getting P4 for Xmas. Are the stories connected in any way or can I just play P4? And then go back to P3:FES? I don't want to spoil myself but I also want to just play P4 cause of all the great things people keep telling me.

Thanks!

Not really, but if your not getting p4 until Xmas why not run through fes first?

MBison said:

Thanks!

No real connection. You're safe. :D Go play some P4!

Guled

MBison said:

Thanks!
they take place in the same universe but you dont need to play P3 to understand the story, but you will miss some references and little things like that

MBison

Darkman M said:
Not really, but if your not getting p4 until Xmas why not run through fes first?

True that.. I'm trying to finish Fallout 3 first and I'm compelled to do everything which is taking awhile.

Dwayne

Has anyone mentioned Persona 4 is the highest reviewed PS2 game on Metacritic? If it gets enough reviews together and stays steady, it could possibly be the highest reviewed game on Gamerankings all-platforms list...

Dwayne said:
Has anyone mentioned Persona 4 is the highest reviewed PS2 game on Metacritic? If it gets enough reviews together and stays steady, it could possibly be the highest reviewed game on Gamerankings all-platforms list...

that's just averaging from the few reviews that are released so far, i think it's too early to assume something like that, though obviously, it's gonna be a super high score in the end, unless all of the reviews still to be released are poor, which aint gonna happen.

Shouta

Tamanon said:
Holy crap, boss at the end of the first dungeon just kicked my ass!:( Gotta work on some better Personas dangit. At least something with Media will help.

If you`re playing on Normal, that`s one of the hardest, if not the hardest fight in the game for most folks from what I hear. On Expert, it`s a prelude to pain. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Shouta said:
If you`re playing on Normal, that`s one of the hardest, if not the hardest fight in the game for most folks from what I hear. On Expert, it`s a prelude to pain. :lol

I leveled up and made a Valkyrie leveled to have Media. Then I just gutted it out. So annoying, lol.

Blackjack

Just beat
Shadow Yukiko
on level 14. It wasn't hard, really. Just long since all Chie could really do once the boss's helper was out was guard to avoid death by fire. :lol

It was basically just me and Yosuke using our most powerful physical attacks and saving our SP for healing.

Blackjack

Sallokin said:
This.

The entire game so far has amazing VA, though I feel hers is some of the best.
Yeah. There are just a couple lines in battle that I dislike (that really high pitched "hey!" when she summons) but she is amazing otherwise.

Which makes me remember back to when he videos were first revealed and everyone was freaking out about them. :lol

What?
What?
Whaaat?

People LIKE Chie's VA?
I thought Yosuke's VA was good at least. I'm like 2 hours in, though.

P.S. Johnny Yong Bosch is in this one too! SURPRISE! :lol Also, Yuri Lowenthal.

Volcynika

DarknessTear said:
What?
What?
Whaaat?

People LIKE Chie's VA?

P.S. Johnny Yong Bosch is in this one too! SURPRISE! :lol Also, Yuri Lowenthal.

Quit your hating! Chie's VA is great!

mollipen

DarknessTear said:
What?
What?
Whaaat?

People LIKE Chie's VA?

Chie's English voice is AWESOME. What I've heard of her Japanese self makes me happy that I spent most of my time with the US version.

keanerie

DarknessTear said:
Her VA would be great if the character was MEANT to sound like an airhead.

Edit: Oh my god. Why do so many people like her VA?! I think she sounds annoying!

I don't think she sounds like an airhead at all, I think she sounds like a pretty down to earth person who gets kinda worked up, but definitely not an airhead

Costanza

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
Chie is the shit. Her animations are so awesome. Skull Cracker is th e bees knees. The way she kicks her card in mid air is badass. Her kung fu stuff is awesome too.

Yukiko's castle. I saved at the butterfly outside what will obviously be the dungeon's boss. Since I'm low on supplies and health, I'm going to come back later in the week once I get resupplied. When he said first boss I assumed he meant Yosuke's shadow? I thought that was easy.
Nope he's talking
about the boss in the room you're about to enter.

keanerie

okay, something's gotta be wrong here

there's no music that plays when i'm in the dojima house, just ambient weather noises. i swear there was a track that was playing and then just went away, and hasn't started playing again

i've rebooted my ps2, turned it off and on again. is this a bug or is there actually no music?

has anyone had this issue?

Delio

Just a quick question. Is there a recommended level for the horse boss? First two bosses where a breeze but this thing is kicking my tail..

Edit: Nevermind

Blackjack

keanerie said:

there's no music that plays when i'm in the dojima house, just ambient weather noises. i swear there was a track that was playing and then just went away, and hasn't started playing again

i've rebooted my ps2, turned it off and on again. is this a bug or is there actually no music?

No music when it rains.

zurra

shidoshi said:
Chie's English voice is AWESOME. What I've heard of her Japanese self makes me happy that I spent most of my time with the US version.
Seriously. All the English voices appeal to me so far, really. Then again if I had played this in Japanese and had to put up with 100 hours of Rie Kugimiya (Rise) I would have killed myself.

I'm starting to kind of get used to it, I just have a hard time dealing with some of the VA. Yukiko and Chie annoy me kind of.. Chie I can possibly get used to.. it's seeming that way so far.

Shouta

zurra said:
Seriously. All the English voices appeal to me so far, really. Then again if I had played this in Japanese and had to put up with 100 hours of Rie Kugimiya (Rise) I would have killed myself.

Kugimiya isn`t too bad surprisingly. I usually don`t like her but her voice for Rise works pretty well. The one voice that`s just unbeatable in Japanese is definitely Kappei Yamaguchi as Kuma.

Blackjack

Shouta said:
Kugimiya isn`t too bad surprisingly. I usually don`t like her but her voice for Rise works pretty well. The one voice that`s just unbeatable in Japanese is definitely Kappei Yamaguchi as Kuma.
But. They were both unbearable.

If you'll excuse the pun.

mollipen

keanerie said:

I actually reported this to Atlus, because I was sure it was a bug or something. But yeah, as has already been said, when it's raining, there's no music.

Top Bottom