• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Yaweee

Since Duck Amuck asked for what Persona I used for the second major boss, here it is:

I took advantage of the 'Use Shiisaa in a Fusion for bonus exp', compounded with my Rank 4 S. Link to make Lvl 26 (normally 23) Strength Rakshasa with...

Auto-Tarukaja
Brain Shake
Counter
Twin Shot
Rakunda
Dodge Ice (which was its weakness)
Growth 1
Gale Slash

And innately strong against Physical.

Darkman M

zoku88 said:
Why would you want fullscreen? Doesn't it stretch out of aspect ratio?

I play on a 52 inch HD tv playing it on normal mode leaves two hugee horizontal black bars on my screen, way to distracting for me.

Guled

whats wrong with amazon, they still haven't shipped my copy yet. It says shipping on the 12 but the status is still not shipped. And now the website says the release date for the game is the 14th, fuck

edit: its amazon.ca, the Canadian version of the site

FredFish

zoku88 said:
Why would you want fullscreen? Doesn't it stretch out of aspect ratio?

It does but the "squished" characters in fullscreen don't bother some people more than the black bars on the side you get with "Normal". Personally I can't stand a 4:3 image stretched to 16:9 but tastes vary, YMMV etc etc.

Really looking forward to firing P4 up again later tonight. More than likely this will be my GOTY (sorry Valkyria Chronicles :/)

edit: Heh, slow reply on the aspect ratio thing :)

FredFish

Guled said:
whats wrong with amazon, they still haven't shipped my copy yet. It says shipping on the 12 but the status is still not shipped. And now the website says the release date for the game is the 14th, fuck

I had pre-ordered on Amazon and only got my copy yesterday. Something's up with them and this title apparently. I feel for you :(

Wilsongt

Guled said:

Don't expect it until after Christmas. I ordered the guide on Saturday and then I checked Tuesday and it said "Will be shipped After December 25th." I just canceled my order. However, Gamestop apparently only got 1 guide throughout all of South Carolina, because I can't find one. So, I ordered from Doublejump directly.

2DMention

Banned
Costanza said:
My doublejump guide finally showed up today. I ordered that shit on the 2nd! Never using media mail again for anything.

Do you think the double jump guide will be OMG R4R3! like the other ones?

Guled

FredFish said:
I had pre-ordered on Amazon and only got my copy yesterday. Something's up with them and this title apparently. I feel for you :(
Wilsongt said:
Don't expect it until after Christmas. I ordered the guide on Saturday and then I checked Tuesday and it said "Will be shipped After December 25th." I just canceled my order. However, Gamestop apparently only got 1 guide throughout all of South Carolina, because I can't find one. So, I ordered from Doublejump directly.
should have been clear, is amazon.ca, the Canadian version

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
LMAO Yosuke is awesome

"Are you sure we are going... to be fine here with you?" " You know..."

camp spoilers
they got to sleep with the girls, lucky bastards!

Darkman M

Error said:
LMAO Yosuke is awesome

camp spoilers

Yeah he's a cool dude alot less bitchy then junpei :lol

Blackjack

Error said:
LMAO Yosuke is awesome

camp spoilers
I dunno. That scene (Yosuke's homophobia) pissed me off. The rest was pretty great though.

NichM

Banned
Blackjack said:
I dunno. That scene (Yosuke's homophobia) pissed me off. The rest was pretty great though.

It was even more extreme in the original Japanese, we softened it a little so it wouldn't be too offensive.

Originally, he asked if their virginity was safe.

Blackjack

Tamanon said:
Rise squealing when you knock everything down is so much more fun than Fuuka saying "Good job"
Having a professional counter is still kind of annoying, but Rise is adorable so that almost makes it okay. :lol

I just picture the MC being all "You know, Rise...analyzing isn't very useful if we have to try out every attack on our own anyway..." and Rise just going "Who cares, I'm cute!"

Tamanon

Banned
-sniff-

Nanako's S-link gets kinda sad.

You're not my real dad!

Lot more tragedy in the family and things tugging at it than I first thought:/

Darkman M

Kevtones said:
Damn, the optional boss after the first dungeon is really tough. His Rampage attack is fucking brutal.

Yeah no lie, and im playing n normal mode. Thank atlus for full character control though.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Am I the only one who leaves the AI on? I loved that in Persona 4 and it really helped DQIV in my opinion. The AI does a great job anyway, and it's less of a hassle
hoff

Darkman M

Pedobear said:
Am I the only one who leaves the AI on? I loved that in Persona 4 and it really helped DQIV in my opinion. The AI does a great job anyway, and it's less of a hassle
hoff

Certain fights it's absolutely necessary to turn off, but can be switched right back on. Im finding the difficulty of Persona 4 to be alot steeper then in Persona 3, you can get fucked really quick even on normal mode.:lol

Yosuke's angsty/pensive demeanor is pretty annoying in comparison to Junpei from P3. Chie's awesome though, the VA is totally into her character.

Darkman M

Red Blaster said:
Yosuke's angsty/pensive demeanor is pretty annoying in comparison to Junpei from P3. Chie's awesome though, the VA is totally into her character.

Junpei aced like a bitch sometimes"Oh noes why are u teh leader!!! etc he would talk shit then always apologize. Yosuke's can be an ass at times but he is smarter, more reliable and doesn't have jealous female tendency's. :lol

TheCardPlayer

Darkman M said:
Certain fights it's absolutely necessary to turn off, but can be switched right back on. Im finding the difficulty of Persona 4 to be alot steeper then in Persona 3, you can get fucked really quick even on normal mode.:lol
I got to the last boss in the Japanese version and I never controlled the characters. Then again, I never did beat him because I was way too weak.

mollipen

Blackjack said:

I really liked Yosuke as a character (far more than Junpei, who at times I absolutely hated), but man... his moments when dealing with Kanji kind of rubbed me the wrong way. No blame at all on Atlus USA, and I don't think they should have taken that stuff out... I'm more just a bit bothered that his character was given that side in the first place.

I wonder if the point was to make the player sympathize with Kanji more; that's the exact effect it had on me. Normally I'd write of Yosuke as just being the creation of somebody who didn't fully think about how the character would come off, but (a) that is totally against the typical Atlus M.O., and (b) it would then make sense that Kanji would come off as more of a one-dimensional "joke", which is the complete opposite of what happened. (Hell, I think Kanji was one of the most developed and interesting characters in the game.)

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Just ordered the game and the guide with some of the cash my wife gave me for my birthday today.

Does anyone know how if Video Games Plus ships their international order quickly?

TheCardPlayer

Hahaha, poor Kanji. If I remember correctly he's got a crush on
Naoto

The dude fights with a variety of chairs. How can you not like him? He's one crazy mofo.

Shouta

shidoshi said:
I really liked Yosuke as a character (far more than Junpei, who at times I absolutely hated), but man... his moments when dealing with Kanji kind of rubbed me the wrong way. No blame at all on Atlus USA, and I don't think they should have taken that stuff out... I'm more just a bit bothered that his character was given that side in the first place.

I wonder if the point was to make the player sympathize with Kanji more; that's the exact effect it had on me. Normally I'd write of Yosuke as just being the creation of somebody who didn't fully think about how the character would come off, but (a) that is totally against the typical Atlus M.O., and (b) it would then make sense that Kanji would come off as more of a one-dimensional "joke", which is the complete opposite of what happened. (Hell, I think Kanji was one of the most developed and interesting characters in the game.)

Yosuke's joking and frightenedness comes off waaaay more as humorous than unnerving, at least in the Japanese version. My memory is a bit fuzzy but he ribs Kanji for going every direction.

Darkman M

Kevtones said:
What level are you at? I'm at 17 and not even getting close :/

I leveled up to lv 20 before i beat him, but you can beat him at lv 17 i think. You just need to make sure you have a persona that is resit physical attacks(eligor is great) media,tarunda and sukunda. You pretty much have to outlast him and hope for some crtical attacks.

DiddyBop

Guled said:

edit: its amazon.ca, the Canadian version of the site
i feel your pain,but at least we save 15 bucks vs buying it for the ridiculous price of 49.99 from EB games.

DiddyBop said:
i feel your pain,but at least we save 15 bucks vs buying it for the ridiculous price of 49.99 from EB games.

i keep hearing about this $50 price point from EB, how is this possible? are they really selling above the MSRP?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with your shipment. It is certainly not our intention to ship damaged products to our customers.

Normally, in such circumstances we would create a replacement order, to be shipped to you as soon as possible at no additional charge. In this case, unfortunately, we are unable to replace the item "Persona 4: Amazon.com Exclusive Social Link Expansion Pack" as it is now unavailable from our supplier.

If you would like to return the item, we will be happy to refund you in full, including associated shipping costs. If the item was part of a set, please return the entire set.

SHIT!

Paging NichM! I just want my calendar replaced ;_; Damn Amazon for fucking it up.

Kevtones

Darkman M said:
I leveled up to lv 20 before i beat him, but you can beat him at lv 17 i think. You just need to make sure you have a persona that is resit physical attacks(eligor is great) media,tarunda and sukunda. You pretty much have to outlast him and hope for some crtical attacks.

I was doing it without Tarunda :lol

Did it first try using Tarunda. It seems when his attack is low he doesn't like using Rampage as much. Good reward too :D

As for beating it at 15 on expert, well you're too good.

Tamanon

Banned
Tarunda + Matarakuja(the party attack boost) makes boss fights so much easier. It's why Teddie is in my group. Plus I love it when he goes RAAAAAAAAR in a gang-up attack.:lol

Dangit.....I'm starting to get a little sniffly and teary-eyed at the Justice S Link. Just did Rank 8

Top Bottom