• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

hey guys..

do you think this game is gonna go rare like the first version of persona 3? i can't necessarily get it right now... but i WILL if i have to :lol i still havent beat FES yet.. so i think i might.$40right?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
whoever said this game is easier than P3... I don't know. I've died more so far than in the entirety of my first P3 playthrough.

birdchili

Error said:
whoever said this game is easier than P3... I don't know. I've died more so far than in the entirety of my first P3 playthrough.
are you doing p4 expert vs. persona 3s normal? p4 expert is obviously *far* more dangerous than normal was in p3 (so far, anyway).

not being able to get advantage on 98% of fights hurts a lot too.

Volcynika

birdchili said:
are you doing p4 expert vs. persona 3s normal? p4 expert is obviously *far* more dangerous than normal was in p3 (so far, anyway).

not being able to get advantage on 98% of fights hurts a lot too.

I can get the advantage on 98% of my fights!

birdchili

Volcynika said:
I can get the advantage on 98% of my fights!
yeah. i'm hoping i get better at it. it's either straight-out more difficult, or just different enough that my mad p3 stabbing skillz aren't transferring.

Volcynika

birdchili said:
yeah. i'm hoping i get better at it. it's either straight-out more difficult, or just different enough that my mad p3 stabbing skillz aren't transferring.

Yeah, they see you pretty much no matter what, and the range of where you can hit it for an advantage seems pretty small.

Spruchy

The S-Word said:
hey guys..

do you think this game is gonna go rare like the first version of persona 3? i can't necessarily get it right now... but i WILL if i have to :lol i still havent beat FES yet.. so i think i might.$40right?

SO RARE!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-3-PlayStation-2_W0QQitemZ170285593076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item170285593076&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Yaweee

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
So do you suggest direct control? I unfortunately don't have persona with media at this point, and I don't have Ukobach...Though maybe I could check the compendium. That just means I need to level Strength persona to get resist physical etc...Ugh I feel it's too late, not enough worthwhile EXP floating around to level with... Thanks though

Direct Control is a must, unless you're interested in grinding over strategy. It's a bit of a trade off, I think.

There are many ways to beat the boss, and you don't need resist physical, but it certainly does help. Double bufu the prince whenever possible to keep him downed, have Chie block whenever you expect a firewave, and stay above 75% health. There are plenty of healing items to buy that are equivalent to or better than media.

Shanks

I'm at the five hour point and it seems like it's going to be a good bit longer to get the courage, knowledge, etc stats up. There has already been choices that I would have liked to pick but couldn't cause I didn't have enough courage. :lol I definitely liked that they did stuff like that though, I don't remember it being in Persona 3.

Tamanon

Banned
Some of the answers look too good and then I get the "You don't have the courage for that" and get disappointed. But that's what New Game+ will be for. I will try their curry dangit!

Volcynika

Tamanon said:
Some of the answers look too good and then I get the "You don't have the courage for that" and get disappointed. But that's what New Game+ will be for. I will try their curry dangit!

Speaking of, anyone know what carries into NG+?

Tamanon

Banned
Volcynika said:
Speaking of, anyone know what carries into NG+?

Your stats, money, compendium and maxed S Link items.

You start back at level 1, but if you need to you can equip any level persona.

Volcynika

Tamanon said:
Your stats, money, compendium and maxed S Link items.

You start back at level 1, but if you need to you can equip any level persona.

Nice.

Hopefully can beat the first dungeon sometime today before I have to pack things! :eek:

Ugh, I'm SUPER pissed. I've got 0 medicine, no snuff souls or anything for SP replenishment. The only thing I have to heal is revival beads...Yosuke is down to 2 SP, I'm down to 4 SP, Chie has about 20 SP and we are all about half on our health. I'm on the 8th floor on April 29th...
What have I done!? I guess I should've done more grinding, what a shame...

Tetsuo9

and i'm just at lv4 :lol. Seriously so awesome. I love the game so far, i'm in the 3rd dungeon. The difficulty is great to me trying a physical party on normal. So far i'm using only Strength personas or physical attacks in the hero (then I plan on using only tower), chie, kanji and yukiko that is my healer.

matmanx1

Got my Social Link expansion pack today. Hung up my calendar and sat Teddie on top of my subwoofer in my movie/game room. He seems to like it there. :lol Side B of the soundtrack seems to have some good stuff on it and I will probably get more use out of that than anything else although the tshirt with Yukiko's Persona on it is really cool. Good stuff all around!

Yaweee

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ugh, I'm SUPER pissed. I've got 0 medicine, no snuff souls or anything for SP replenishment. The only thing I have to heal is revival beads...Yosuke is down to 2 SP, I'm down to 4 SP, Chie has about 20 SP and we are all about half on our health. I'm on the 8th floor on April 29th...
What have I done!? I guess I should've done more grinding, what a shame...

If you fail to meet the deadline, the game sends you back in time a week to some sort of built in backup save, I think. You should also get in the habit of keeping two or three save files, just for more convenience.

You could always farm the lowest level floors and hope for a good arcana chance.

The best two are...

Judgment
All members' SP recovered

Death
All members' SP recovered, HP reduced to 1; expelled out from the dungeon, map data erased and treasure re-generated

But there are plenty of other ones that would be useful and potentially help you recover.

Taken from http://persona4.wikidot.com/arcanachance

And is the 29th really the last rainy day?

Volcynika

Yaweee said:
If you fail to meet the deadline, the game sends you back in time a week to some sort of built in backup save, I think. You should also get in the habit of keeping two or three save files, just for more convenience.

You could always farm the lowest level floors and hope for a good arcana chance.

Judgment
All members' SP recovered

Death
All members' SP recovered, HP reduced to 1; expelled out from the dungeon, map data erased and treasure re-generated

Taken from http://persona4.wikidot.com/arcanachance

And is the 29th really the last rainy day?

Yes.

Tamanon said:
You're just going to have to bite the bullet and lose the game so it sends you back a week's time.

Oh I didn't know it does this...Even on Normal difficulty? Does it give you all your stats/lvls or how does this work? I didn't know this happened...

Yea I had a few save files but they were all more recent, I'm actually replaying one from the 27th so I'll probably just grind hard for the next two days. UNLESS, on normal difficulty, it does send you back in time (which would be great IMO)

Tamanon

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Oh I didn't know it does this...Even on Normal difficulty? Does it give you all your stats/lvls or how does this work? I didn't know this happened...

Yea I had a few save files but they were all more recent, I'm actually replaying one from the 27th so I'll probably just grind hard for the next two days. UNLESS, on normal difficulty, it does send you back in time (which would be great IMO)

Yeah it sends you back in time. Although you might be better with your 27th file. Get as far as possible, Gohom-M, come back the next day and plow ahead until you get to the boss floor. Then if you're a bit short on SP, save and come back the 29th.

Prime crotch said:
hmm do we get to keep our stats and S. Links progress?

Yea this is what I'm wondering...I don't think the guide mentions that you get sent back a week...very interesting. But I will just stick with the 27th save file if I don get to keep all my newly acquired stats and such..

Yaweee

Prime crotch said:

No. It sends you to exactly what you were at when you got to that date.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Yea this is what I'm wondering...I don't think the guide mentions that you get sent back a week...very interesting. But I will just stick with the 27th save file if I don get to keep all my newly acquired stats and such..

That is probably the better idea.

Tamanon

Banned
Prime crotch said:

I'm pretty sure you don't, otherwise it'd be pretty easy to max out the first month with stats.:p Basically the game keeps a snapshot of where you were on everything on that day.

Yaweee said:
No. It sends you to exactly what you were at when you got to that date.

That is probably the better idea.

Right-o, I agree considering I'm already plowing through. Woulda been nice though :lol I did manage to get 8th floor boss down to a little over 1/4 health with just physical attacks and my characters at 1/2 health -- prior to dying.

Let's hope this works out better

Tamanon

Banned
I tend to use 3 trips for the dungeons. 1st trip to make it to level 8, 2nd trip for the level 8 boss and to make it to 11, 3rd trip for the final boss. Of course sometimes I'll take an extra day if there's nothing else to do. But then again I also try and beat them as quick as possible because it makes your teammate's and Uncle available a lot more for S Links.

Yaweee

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Right-o, I agree considering I'm already plowing through. Woulda been nice though :lol I did manage to get 8th floor boss down to a little over 1/4 health with just physical attacks and my characters at 1/2 health -- prior to dying.

Let's hope this works out better

Well, the castle actually spawns a lot of chests with SP items. You might not have pillaged the lower floors thoroughly, and you could probably clear them using nothing but basic physical attacks while hoping for a nice Arcana Chance.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Hello y'all, I haven't played P3 yet (it's on the way) and I was wondering if the characters from P3 are in P4; if yes, do any part of my save file carry over ala DDS?

Tamanon

Banned
Brobzoid said:
Hello y'all, I haven't played P3 yet (it's on the way) and I was wondering if the characters from P3 are in P4; if yes, do any part of my save file carry over ala DDS?

Nope. There's a few minor ones who show up, but this is completely separate.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Tamanon said:
Nope. There's a few minor ones who show up, but this is completely separate.
:\
well, at least I won't have to worry about nonsensical stuff creating a butterfly effect of pain in P4.
God damn you DDS

well real social links kind of got in the way of me starting this until now. Anywho what's the verdict of playing this on the PS3? Go full screen or keep it standard?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm finding it way too easy to raise S.Links here. No reverse status?

Chie and Yukiko's S.Links are at rank 7 for me, so far. :O

kiryogi

Banned
Error said:
I'm finding it way too easy to raise S.Links here. No reverse status?

Chie and Yukiko's S.Links are at rank 7 for me, so far. :O

There's reverse and broke for answering things wrong. That's about it. If you want to two time, then go ahead! They won't really care :lol

Darkman M

Urban Scholar said:
well real social links kind of got in the way of me starting this until now. Anywho what's the verdict of playing this on the PS3? Go full screen or keep it standard?

I go fullscreen on smoothing on looks great to me.

Top Bottom