• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

vas_a_morir said:
Well, that really wouldn't work, if you recall events prior to the 3rd dungeon's appearance. But, that thought certainly crossed my mind, as they are the character we see a lot and know nothing about.

So, I didn't get an answer on the last page:

If my relationship is maxed out and "intimate," would there be serious repercussions if I were to, oh, say, fuck Rise-chan?
have you maxed the social link?

dustytruly said:
no repercussions... FHUTA

(i'm saying this based on P3... you could go after other girls after the S. link was maxed with the one you were currently "dating")

Right, but I think it may be different here.

Also, possible ending spoilers if I'm right here:

If Adachi ISN'T the killer, i will be shocked. It's pretty obvious he's trying to lead the kids around, and, as he is the only character of significance without a social link, it's gotta be him.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Acid08 said:
How due I continue the Chie social link after I get it?

On school days when she's available talk to her on the school roof. On Sundays when she's available she'll be standing in front of the weapon shop.

Awesome. I finally managed to climb down to the bottom of the third Dungeon, beat the 2nd Dungeon secret boss, then beat the third boss as well all in one day. That means I spent 3 days in the dungeon instead of the 4 I thought I had to do. Had to waste 30k, 3 revive items, and one amrita soda though, which sucks.

Man, getting to the boss is much harder then the boss itself. Those stupid Magus from floor 7-11, the Tigers from floor 4-6 and those weird cop bears from 1-3 threaten to wipe me out every time I faced them. My only regret is that I can't raise my courage to level 3, so I can finally initiate the moon s.link. I'm kinda glad that I started on expert, since the dungeon keeps me on my toes like that.

Delio

Er ok i'm kinda stuck. How do i get into the mid boss room in Dungeon #3? It's not letting me in and i explored the entire floor and still nothing. Help?

Yaweee

Delio said:
Er ok i'm kinda stuck. How do i get into the mid boss room in the third Dungeon? It's not letting me in and i explored the entire floor and still nothing. Help?

The door near the entrance to the floor isn't the midboss room. I think you can come back to it after you clear the dungeon.

Please, people, use dungeon #'s instead of what character it revolves around. It's a lot less spoilerific.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Quick question: What's the status with HD Loader compatibility?
Same question pertaining to Persona 3 FES.

Thanks.

Delio

Yaweee said:
The door near the entrance to the floor isn't the midboss room. I think you can come back to it after you clear the dungeon.

Please, people, use dungeon #'s instead of what character it revolves around. It's a lot less spoilerific.

Ah thanks and sorry will remove that info from my post.

Shouta

Yaweee said:
I beat the third dungeon on the first day it was available, and the pacing of the game so far seems as bad as P3's. I really, really liked the first few months of P3 where the tiredness system makes you go into the dungeon several times throughout the months, but P4 kills whatever solution it had with the dungeon healing. 30 days of school crap, one of dungeoning, repeat.

But christ, at least the end of that dungeon was epic, as they've all been so far (at least on Expert.) Fuck me if the game doesn't have the best boss fights of the SMT series.

The shadows' detection range is based on their level relative to yours.

The dungeons themselves aren't too hard to go through in a day or two. It's the bosses that are evil and sometimes take some time. Dungeon 3's boss was probably the easiest set in the game for me, as I recall. Dungeon 4 being one of the hardest. Get ready to do some prepping for that fight. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Dungeon 5's boss was pretty easy, but then again I've finally gotten Mediarama/Divine Grace.:lol

.....no f'in way. Emperor Rank 6 spoilers

"A pink alligator? Like the one in the storybook?" Dude from P3 got his book published!

2DMention

Banned
I have to admit, the only reason I'm playing this game is for the characters and the story. The game play and roguelikeness of this game is boring to me.

At least it was in P3

Volcynika

Not sure if it was posted, but X-Play reviewed it:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1896/Persona_4_Review.html

4/5

Pros

* Refreshing setting and characters
* Addictively intertwining story and gameplay
* Vastly improved combat system

Cons

* Lots of recycled monsters and Personas from 'Persona 3'
* Some bosses are a difficult grind

Those are pretty minor complaints, though, and definitely not enough to give Persona 4 a pass. Aside from some minor quibbles, it’s beautifully made – an addictive game, an involving story, and a gorgeous piece of artwork all at once. While not perfect, Persona 4 is one of this year’s best RPG and another example of how even old hardware can still run some of the best games.

Volcynika said:
Not sure if it was posted, but X-Play reviewed it:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1896/Persona_4_Review.html

4/5

Pros

* Refreshing setting and characters
* Addictively intertwining story and gameplay
* Vastly improved combat system

Cons

* Lots of recycled monsters and Personas from 'Persona 3'
* Some bosses are a difficult grind

Geez, games are way too easy these days...I personally think that P4 is the easiest SMT game I've played.

Yaweee

drtomoe123 said:
Geez, games are way too easy these days...I personally think that P4 is the easiest SMT game I've played.

The problem is how level dependent it is. Two or three levels can make the difference between hard and easy, and if somebody plays the game in a different way, they may have a completely different experience.

Tetsuo9

Shouta said:
The dungeons themselves aren't too hard to go through in a day or two. It's the bosses that are evil and sometimes take some time. Dungeon 3's boss was probably the easiest set in the game for me, as I recall. Dungeon 4 being one of the hardest. Get ready to do some prepping for that fight. :lol
Glad to hear that about #4 boss, been killed twice already :(. Now i'm going to grind a little for lvls and money.

Yaweee

Quote from the end of July:

Yousuke: "You gotta admit, all guys love games."

Teddie: "And all girls love Teddie!"

:lol :lol :lol

Tamanon said:
Good lord, Persona 4 getting downright Death Notesque.:lol

Especially since Adachi is basically Matsuda, the bumbling fuck-up rookie cop with everything to prove.
Or so he would have us believe... OOOOeeeeOOOO! I think it's so obvious, that it can't be true. It's too obvious.

Ok finally got started and getting through the introduction. I like the angle they have going on with explaining game mechanics in conjunction during the intro, P3's was fine as well was more structured given the whole S.E.E.S. I don't see myself using direct command as I expressed before.

I'm liking the whole Scooby Doo gang vibe going on. Yosuke's early encounter was handled very nicely I think. Quite impressed so far and yes the intro takes sometime but hey there's a reason you got to set the atmosphere for mystery right? Teddie's pun's are gold :lol. Man definitely will put in 20-24 hours of game time by a few days.

Shouta

Yaweee said:
The problem is how level dependent it is. Two or three levels can make the difference between hard and easy, and if somebody plays the game in a different way, they may have a completely different experience.

Well, that's definitely true on Normal. Expert is a bit more difficult than that unless you seriously overlevel.

Yaweee said:
Quote from the end of July:

Yousuke: "You gotta admit, all guys love games."

Teddie: "And all girls love Teddie!"

:lol :lol :lol

Yep. Gotta love Kuma/Teddie.

Blackjack

crowphoenix said:
The fact that you can raise courage by eating stupid shit from the fridge is hilarious to me.
It's the way it's presented that cracks me up.

"There is some grass growing in the fridge. It appears to be Nanako's science homework.

Eat it?"
:lol

Tamanon

Banned
Oh this game is such a tease! Late October spoilers.

Hot tub event: You walk in on the girls and they start throwing stuff at you. You have Retreat and Hold the Line options to stay.....pick Hold the line if you have max courage and it says "You hold the line, but there are some situations that no amount of courage can help you, so you retreat"

:lol

Guled

both of your avatars are really similar, I actually have to read the names of who are posting. Anyway, since my EB Games didn't even get the artbook, dose that mean I'm SOL? Why didn't they package it with the game like with P3 :(

Tamanon

Banned
Guled said:
both of your avatars are really similar, I actually have to read the names of who are posting. Anyway, since my EB Games didn't even get the artbook, dose that mean I'm SOL? Why didn't they package it with the game like with P3 :(

They didn't package it most likely because that's what held up P3's release:(

I officially love Yosuke and Kanji.

*vomits and falls sideways*...WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT?...and Hanako just eating contently...and she snorts!...and Kanji just shows up out of nowhere...and there's a huge rock? Yosuke running down the hill? "What are you eating?" "...animal crackers?" "Dammit, I was so pumped about finding the penguin today!" "...are we gonna be safe alone with you?"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Funniest scene in the game so far, and I have the feeling that it will be followed by even funnier scenes. I started typing this post after the first part of the scene...then I had to go back and add more...and more...and more. This is seriously fucking hilarious. :lol

Guled said:
I wouldn't have minded waiting if it meant getting the book

I hate you :(
i feel bad for you... i was close to not getting one, since i thought they just came with ALL pre-orders... but my friend who works at eb games saw my name and moved it higher on the pre-order list and i ended up getting one...

so i kind of feel your pain in how if i didn't know my buddy i'd never be able to get it...

it's not really THAT impressive anyways... just a bunch of lame pictures...

Joule

Finally put some time into this game. I'm quite liking the yellow look. It feels like there's a lot to do this time around. Part-time jobs, reading books, I'm loving this. Chie's voice is pretty nice. Hitting shadows feel so hard now.

Expert is a little rough. That Knight with Yukiko's other self was kind of brutal and I went into that with barely any SP. Barely scraped a win with one last Garu before SP depletion.

Tamanon

Banned
Holy crap the plot pace really speeds up in November.

Your dungeon victim especially.

Nanako!!!!!!! Good incentive to save her as quick as possible. I'm starting to really suspect Adachi

Yaweee

Everything about the 4th dungeon is completely awesome. Story, design, music, dialog, boss, EVERYTHING.

Okay, maybe not getting wiped out by random battles before I can act, or getting Last Resort'ed from full health down to nothing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This is bullshit, looks like I missed the mini-boss fight of the 4th dungeon and I can't get into the room to fight in the last floor.

goddammit.

Shouta

Error said:
This is bullshit, looks like I missed the mini-boss fight of the 4th dungeon and I can't get into the room to fight in the last floor.

goddammit.

Same thing happened to me. Just run back and get it.

vas_a_morir said:
Well, that really wouldn't work, if you recall events prior to the 3rd dungeon's appearance. But, that thought certainly crossed my mind, as they are the character we see a lot and know nothing about.

Well I'm assuming that the killer
is pulling a sort of "Death Note" here where he doesn't "physically" have to throw the victim into the tv. Kanji, Yukiko and Rise all black out when they disappear as if they're in a trance of some sort and it makes me think that the killer can somehow make them go in the tv on their own.

Chowfahn

Neo Member
Holy crap, I beat the 2nd dungeon today, running 8 levels in one go. I started off on the 2nd floor, and I realized on the 6th that I didn't bring any Goho-M's with me. I figured it was the same size as the first dungeon, so I kept on going instead of running to the bottom. It was fucking tense. I managed to get to the final level with no healing items and barely any SP at all. I probably would've cried if I had died on the way there...

Top Bottom