• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Sorry for the delay, here's an avatar/theme set of a character nobody cares about.

The bigger issue (for me, at least) is that it's apparently only available for one day.

I see your point, but many of us have been hoping for Dual-Audio for a long time and the chances for it to actually happen were close to 0. The delay sucks and clearly the localization process should have been much faster (which is not only Atlus USA's fault, since afaik Atlus JP didn't even let them touch the localiazion until P5 was nearly done) and needs to be critisized, but frankly it's hard for me to not be at least somewhat happy about the inclusion of Dual-Audio. Sorry if that's not the case for you, but you don't have to shame others for it.

So....we're cheering for something that shouldn't have nearly been as big of a deal as it was, to be included?

I mean, yes, it's good, but I'm honestly surprised (though perhaps not entirely, given the enthusiast nature of the board in general) that so many people are seeing the 3rd (or more) delay in the US version of the game somehow being given as a net positive.

Though the other poster's phrasing (and mine, to be fair) could have been less directed at people in the thread and more at Atlus, this is getting to the point of ridiculousness. And while that could be conflating somewhat with other posters, seeing people go 'WOO JPN audio, best delay ever' is somewhat baffling.

Priorities differ.

Good for me, start of next year is packed enough for me as it is with Nioh, Hitman Season 1 physical release, Gravity Rush 2, possibly Nier: Automata and possibly Danganronpa 3 around that Q1 time.

EDIT: And Yakuza 0.

Sesha

nsr.gif

I don't get it either, there's no way that would be the case.
Imo they simply fucked over atlus USA. They already did it two years in a ROM with letting John confirm 2015 than assure 2016 and not making him be quiet or something. Localization should've been started but I get the impression it just started this year. It sad

I mean sucks for Persona fans. But wasn't there constant bitching about no duel audio? Probably should have been there for February release but crap takes time I guess.

Was gunna pick this up later in 2017 anyway so not a huge deal for me.

OrionX

I must learn to be more cynical. It's the only way to be safe. Even on April 3, 2017, Imma be like "Nope. Don't believe you." :p

mjc

I feel like this pretty much confirms that translation efforts towards this game probably didn't start until the Japanese version was released.

Not sure if the sentiment was that this wasn't the case before, but I personally thought, prior to this announcement, that there may have been some groundwork being put in place ahead of the game's Japanese release where Atlus USA may have had some opportunities to try to get some things localized in advance of the game's release.

It is what it is. I was originally hoping that it would come in February because that coincided best with my own personal schedule, but now it looks like I probably won't beg getting to P5 until the summer.

One would think with the magnitude of this title that Atlus would expedite the localization process...but here we are. They got too busy localizing other games apparently.

Jb

Also, didn't Atlus say FUCKING NO WAY EVER on dual audio? Man, what a backdown.

I'm glad they did, but jesus fuck, this is a 180.

I don't remember them saying that actually.
In the last few months Hardin was saying on Twitter that he was trying to make it happen.

Durante

Well, that's great news.

I hope this is just the first instance of many of Sega doing away with Atlus' counter-productive hangups.

Why does everyone want dual audio so much? The English VAs for 3 and 4 were pretty good
I thought they were mediocre at best.

Zhao_Yun

I feel like this pretty much confirms that translation efforts towards this game probably didn't start until the Japanese version was released.

Not sure if the sentiment was that this wasn't the case before, but I personally thought, prior to this announcement, that there may have been some groundwork being put in place ahead of the game's Japanese release where Atlus USA may have had some opportunities to try to get some things localized in advance of the game's release.

It is what it is. I was originally hoping that it would come in February because that coincided best with my own personal schedule, but now it looks like I probably won't beg getting to P5 until the summer.

Well, during E3 they only showed footage from the Japanese version, so I already thought back then that they might not have started real localization work on it yet.

Seda

I know several people whose only recourse because of Atlus' historically subpar dubs for things like this (especially Persona) was to emulate the game with JP voices hacked in.

I mean seriously, XSEED's dubs are 1000 times better than Persona's with a fraction of the budget.

This just might get a bunch of sales from people who weren't going to drop money before.

Have we played the same XSEED games?

hohoXD123

I mean sucks for Persona fans. But wasn't there constant bitching about no duel audio? Probably should have been there for February release but crap takes time I guess.

Was gunna pick this up later in 2017 anyway so not a huge deal for me.

Dual audio shouldn't take 2 months, this was probably their way of easing the delay.

Well, now I'm a little sad because it comes out right before my exams, so I can't really dig in to the game until almost May.

February 14 would have been perfect because I would have a whole week off, but now I'm not sure what to looks forward to. My excitement for the game has definitely died down because of the multiple delays, with each one becoming more and more upsetting.

SxP

I hope the delay wasn't because of dual audio. That would suck big time. Just release the game in Feb and announce dual audio DLC for April.

trejo

Why does everyone want dual audio so much? The English VAs for 3 and 4 were pretty good

Why does anyone want any one particular thing? It's called preferences. The more options are available to the consumer the better.

It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp, one would think.

Aeana

Well, some people appear to be living in a fantasy land like this person

I know several people whose only recourse because of Atlus' historically subpar dubs for things like this (especially Persona) was to emulate the game with JP voices hacked in.

I mean seriously, XSEED's dubs are 1000 times better than Persona's with a fraction of the budget.

This just might get a bunch of sales from people who weren't going to drop money before.

wmlk

Well, now I'm a little sad because it comes out right before my exams, so I can't really dig in to the game until almost May.

February 14 would have been perfect because I would have a whole week off, but now I'm not sure what to looks forward to. My excitement for the game has definitely died down because of the multiple delays, with each one becoming more and more upsetting.

Exact same for me now.

hughesta

Banned
Dual Audio makes it worth it. I don't care either way, but a lot of people are gonna be really happy about it.

I can live another two months.

Ray Down

Banned
Imo they simply fucked over atlus USA. They already did it two years in a ROM with letting John confirm 2015 than assure 2016 and not making him be quiet or something. Localization should've been started but I get the impression it just started this year. It sad

Maybe being so close too alot of other Japanese games and For Honor & Horizon breathing down its neck

sora87

Lol I can't believe it's been delayed again, the dream that is Q1 is already looking shaky, bet Nier gets delayed too or something.

Glassboy

I'm sorry to anyone that was anticipating to play that day, but I'm glad because it gives me time to finish 3 and play through 4 before 5 comes out. Also, Feb and the early year is still packed as fuck

MisterMac

They just got my money. I was not gonna pay for this game and miss out on the phenomenal Japanese voice cast. Now I am all over it

sector4

All I ever wanted was JP voices, so this is the best news ever! I've been fumbling my way through the Japanese version a little bit here and there, can't wait for the local release though!

Top Bottom