• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladekabel

Love-is-Over.jpeg

Smo21

Gives me more time for FFXV and horizon. Still sucks.

Is anyone seen having problems getting the theme to download?

You know what, fine, I'll take a delay (even though I've booked 2 weeks off work for the original release!) because of dual audio. I have nothing against the English dub (hell, P4's was better in my opinion), but Morgana's JP voice is perfect and Futaba is voiced by Aoi Yuuki.

Kudo

Fireworks confirmed for tonight. I'm back to being hyped for this game, it's gonna be great to experience it with the original voice cast in all of its glory :)

Same here, I'm so fired up right now, blissful feeling. First time a delay doesn't hurt at all to me.

Is the Take your Heart edition already sold out everywhere? Can't find it from Europe.

Linkura

DUAL FUCKING AUDIO?! JAPANESE VOICES?!?!

THANK YOU ATLUS FOR FINALLY LISTENING.

Seriously, do not care about the delay at all because of this. The voices in SMTIVA were so unbearable to me that I turned them off completely. Glad I won't have to do that for P5 (unless the Japanese voices are also bad, which I find unlikely).

Dio

Banned
I know several people whose only recourse because of Atlus' historically subpar dubs for things like this (especially Persona) was to emulate the game with JP voices hacked in.

I mean seriously, XSEED's dubs are 1000 times better than Persona's with a fraction of the budget.

This just might get a bunch of sales from people who weren't going to drop money before.

MegaMelon

Well one good thing is user hichanbis has proven his source was right. I think that'll put some stock in anything he says from now on regarding leaks and whatnot.

They could have released the game and given dual audio as free DLC when that was ready, there's no way they delayed the game over a month for that.

WHAT THE FUCK.
THE GAME IS ALREADY OUT IN JAPAN.

"“We don't want to rush this game,”
WHY DIDN'T YOU WORK ON THE DUB EARLIER?!

ARGHHHHHHHH
I just woke up to this and am very sad and upset. :/

Opa-Pa

Oh well, I guess it's not that big of a delay, but wow. I'm not even mad at Atlus USA, I'm sure they're giving their all and they listened to a vocal group of fans wanting dual audio too, but Atlus JP is goddamm trash when it comes to helping with localization. I'm sure this wouldn't have happened if they threw Atlus USA a bone more often.

KraytarJ

Damn, I guess 7 weeks isn't too bad. On the bright side this opens up a spot for something else around that time (unless Nier actually gets something close to a worldwide simul release).

Dot-N-Run

I cannot believe there is now a distinct possibility that I will be able to play the Nintendo Switch before Persona 5 comes out on a console that is two generations older (PS3).

DMiz

I feel like this pretty much confirms that translation efforts towards this game probably didn't start until the Japanese version was released.

Not sure if the sentiment was that this wasn't the case before, but I personally thought, prior to this announcement, that there may have been some groundwork being put in place ahead of the game's Japanese release where Atlus USA may have had some opportunities to try to get some things localized in advance of the game's release.

It is what it is. I was originally hoping that it would come in February because that coincided best with my own personal schedule, but now it looks like I probably won't beg getting to P5 until the summer.

Persona7

Banned
Why is it DLC and not on the disk?

I feel like this pretty much confirms that translation efforts towards this game probably didn't start until the Japanese version was released.

Not sure if the sentiment was that this wasn't the case before, but I personally thought, prior to this announcement, that there may have been some groundwork being put in place ahead of the game's Japanese release where Atlus USA may have had some opportunities to try to get some things localized in advance of the game's release.

It is what it is. I was originally hoping that it would come in February because that coincided best with my own personal schedule, but now it looks like I probably won't beg getting to P5 until the summer.

Makes the doubling down on 2015 by Atlus USA even more of a joke.

Top Bottom