• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CHC

Dual audio is good news but I kind of wanted to play this when it was cold and snowy outside, like I did with 4.

I do not care at all about Dual Audio so this is kind of a huge let down. I wanted to play this for so long now. Oh well, nothing I can do to change it. At least people will stop complaining about the dub. And maybe Nier Automata will be there waiting for me!

I don't understand why anyone over the age of 12 wants dubs but hey that's just my opinion. More options for everyone is a good thing.
Oh come on. People who want subs only are just as bad sometimes.

Grinchy

Banned
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This is like one of the only non-VR games I give a fuck about at this point. I've been waiting for this for so long.

Maybe being so close too alot of other Japanese games and For Honor & Horizon breathing down its neck
Would've been avoided coming out in September like it's Japanese counterpart. I'm willing to bet the reason you stated tho.
Nioh(ps4 only)
For honor
Horizon(ps4 only)
Could've took some overlapping sales

Baliis

I don't understand why anyone over the age of 12 wants to hear dubs but hey that's just my opinion. More options for everyone is a good thing.

Come on now. You can't understand why someone would want the voice acting to be in a language they can understand?

chrono01

I was upset when I read about the delay, then I saw mention of dual audio.

...I am okay with this.

Take as long as you need, Atlus!

Takuan

Well that blows, but at least we're getting free JP VA now. I just watched the Game Mechanics trailer and wasn't impressed at all by most of the VA.

Dio

Banned
I don't remember them saying that actually.
In the last few months Hardin was saying on Twitter that he was trying to make it happen.

If they did, you should have no trouble finding a source.

Sorry, I looked back at the source that I was using and it seems I was trolled into believing an edit.

Well, some people appear to be living in a fantasy land like this person

It's anecdotal. I'm just expressing hope, but I do know at least five people who refuse to play the eng dub versions of Persona games without emu patch for JP.

delta_reg

Just when I was feeling more excited for the game again this happens... Ugh. :/ Dual audio is nice though, but not sure if I'll use it or not.

Mediking

How fitting

a3350670-f889-4257-bc24-d6a0ef77a732

LordKano

You see, my plans were simple. Persona 5 was the only game I planned a instant purchase in January-February (with other small 3DS games). I intend to buy it on 14th of February, complete it in like a month, and then I would plug-off the PS3 as it would have been the last game I would have played on it, and then I would have walked to the store, buy a Switch and enters the next-gen. Everything was planned to be smooth, no time to loose, everything to gain.

And then, they fucking delay it.

Kalor

It's only a month and a half delay so I don't mind the wait, especially if it means the localisation is better.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not even dual audio is worth this pain.

Hellraider

They could delay the game for a couple more years and I would still be ecstatic at this news.

There are a couple of problematic things with this delay (and Atlus USA in general), but I will refrain from adressing them since this was a huge step in the right direction for me.

schaft0620

There was no way it was launching that close to Horizon with nothing slated yet for the Spring. Hopefully its not too close to South Park.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It’s very unlikely to be either or those things. The dub tends to be completed fairly early in the localization process.

I mean, it may not be the dub directly, but the President directly said that it was due to localization concerns.

And at the least, while I didn't screencap it, PersonaCentral has the following...

To refine the English script, the game has been delayed.

Arizato

I am salty about the delay. But now I don't have to read constant "DUAL-AUDIO PLS" on every damn comment about this game. So it's all good.

Conan-san

You see, my plans were simple. Persona 5 was the only game I planned a instant purchase in January-February (with other small 3DS games). I intend to buy it on 14th of February, complete it in like a month, and then I would plug-off the PS3 as it would have been the last game I would have played on it, and then I would have walked to the store, buy a Switch and enters the next-gen. Everything was planned to be smooth, no time to loose, everything to gain.

And then, they fucking delay it.

Never trust the corps, man.

Voror

Haha didn't see that coming but okay. I have no issues playing with the dub as Persona dubs have generally been good to me. I'll probably do the first time dubbed and then subbed on the second on a new game plus if that's still an option.

That actually sort of frees things up a bit for me given how packed that time of the year was.

m0t0k1

Holy shit great news! I'd rather wait a couple of months and get dual audio then nothing. Went from wait for a sale to day 1 buy.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Unpopular opinion but kinda glad. February was fucking insane with For Honor, Nioh, Nier, and Horizon.

Top Bottom