• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blue-kun

Fireworks confirmed for tonight. I'm back to being hyped for this game, it's gonna be great to experience it with the original voice cast in all of its glory :)

Glad we're getting dual audio. For such a massive JRPG release its to be expected. Pretty much the only people who don't do dual audio when there is a dub are Nintendo

Ray Down

Banned
Especially when Square is releasing FFXV simultaneously worldwide. I know that a worldwide release for Persona 5 would be expecting too much from ATLUS, but damn. Seven months is A LOT. The difference should be 4 months top.

XV is a AAA, Persona 5 isn't.

Though this reeks of some bad project management, this game shouldn't have been delayed AGAIN.

Anoxida

I honestly don't get why dual audio somehow makes the delay okay. No account states that the two were related. The only thing I could imagine would be having to re-adjust timers on speech length before moving cutscenes forward and the like.

They basically held up Dual audio as a 'hey, look at this shiny thing' to bury the delay announcement.

And while I'm not saying dual audio isn't a great option for those who want it, it's also something that really should have never been this big of a deal in the first place.

Even if it is, they'll never actually say this. It would be throwing someone absolutely under the bus.

At least the delays are getting shorter in between!

:(

Agree. Kind of disappointed by some of the reactions in this thread. Something shiny was.thrown to mask something shitty and they bought it hook line and sinker. Guess what? Dual audio was coming even if there wasn't a delay.

Zalusithix

Dual Audio? Well, the game has gone from "get it later when on sale" to "get it day one" for me with that change. As such, even with the delay, I'll end up playing it sooner than I would have before.

Mediking

I've been dodging spoilers for so long..... STOP MAKING IT HARDER, ATLUS!!!! Don't do this split release anymore! WORLDWIDE RELEASE FOR NOW ON!!!!

LordCanti

All I wanted was the Japanese voices so I'm pretty excited about this. It's a shame they couldn't get it out on time though.

RoKKeR

JP voices as DLC is really cool. I think FFXV is doing that too, correct? I don't play JRPGs but as a student of Japanese seeing that you can play with Japanese VO's definitely gets me interested.

Japanese Audio DLC on release is so much more important than a February Release.

Thank God.
Fuck dual audio, if those nerds wanted that they can import the Japanese version.

Atlus pissing me off.

*this is neogaf gif*

Personally, I'm very surprised that they managed to do what nobody expected and give fans of both english and japanese dub the option to choose whichever they prefer. Welcome to 2016/2017, Atlus. :)

I doubt that japanese audio is the reason for the delay, considering that they could offer that as a DLC later once it's ready.

Ray Down

Banned
JP voices is really cool. I think FFXV is doing that too, correct? I don't play JRPGs but as a student of Japanese seeing that you can play with Japanese VO's definitely gets me interested.

Yes XV have JP voices, on disc though as far as I known.

TheFlow

Banned
Then your post makes even less sense. At least I implied spite. Your problem is that ... people... like ....different ... things?

someone said they weren't going to buy the game because it had no dual dialog. like lol. Then others are saying dual analog is worth almost a 2 month delay. Like bruh. hyperbole city.

Lunar15

Dual Audio fans are excited now, but just wait till we find out they didn't subtitle the banter during battle, like in TMS.

Rue

My reaction: "AGAIN?! WHY?! WH.. oh Dual Audio? Whatever then, i'll wait."

If they had released it in Feb and told us they were going to release a JPN Audio DLC in a couple months, I'd be waiting for that anyway. This just makes my wait more bearable.

Shoeless

I wonder if this now gives them time to implement a decent Pro patch.

I'm not happy with this delay, I was actually okay with an English only audio dub, I'll accept it stoically and hope they use it as an excuse to actually improve things. the Pro patch for World of Final Fantasy actually made things worse. Hopefully P5 doesn't suffer the same fate now.

Cornbread78

More time for everyone to play

FMsBwgn.gif

When it launches in Jan.

vall03

Man, I know everyone is upset with this delay, but this does not bode well for Etrian Odyssey V. It's taking longer and longer for the series to get localized this days. We don't even have an announcement yet. *sigh*

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Japanese voices is my takeaway from this. HUGE plus. I was actually gonna pass if it was English only, based on the quality of the voices in P4G.

marmoka

Banned
Great! So this April, I will have to choose between South Park and Persona 5? FUUUUCK!!

My most anticipated games right now are being released with one week of difference. I had about 6 weeks before, and now this.

Oh Jesus...!

Good. To many things early next year for me to get into an RPG. Duel audio is great, to bad English is already great for Persona, there are some other franchises in dire need of duel audio.

Zhao_Yun

Agree. Kind of disappointed by some of the reactions in this thread. Something shiny was.thrown to mask something shitty and they bought it hook line and sinker. Guess what? Dual audio was coming even if there wasn't a delay.

I see your point, but many of us have been hoping for Dual-Audio for a long time and the chances for it to actually happen were close to 0. The delay sucks and clearly the localization process should have been much faster (which is not only Atlus USA's fault, since afaik Atlus JP didn't even let them touch the localiazion until P5 was nearly done) and needs to be critisized, but frankly it's hard for me to not be at least somewhat happy about the inclusion of Dual-Audio. Sorry if that's not the case for you, but you don't have to shame others for it.

Dual Audio fans are excited now, but just wait till we find out they didn't subtitle the banter during battle, like in TMS.

At least you have a choice now. You didn't have this for TMS.

Top Bottom