• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mollipen

Is the game still coming out? Will I still be able to play it?

Yes? Then I don't care one bit. I'll play it in April instead of February—nothing has changed. Well, except now I'm getting more than I was expecting before, and that's a good thing.

kadotsu

Banned
While I'm disappointed that Persona go delayed, the biggest upside to this news for me personally is I will now have time to play:

Oh sweet summer child!

I say summer child because that's when you play that game
in 2018

Mediking

What's a few months to waiting 10 years? Besides you already know P5 is great! Going off early impressions from people who played it. While it's a bummer, everything will be fine in the end.

The avoiding spoilers thing is SO annoying and tough, man. I can't keep doing this. I thought my wait was coming to an end....

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I got my meltdown out of the way on FB so that I could be more chill about it here with y'all

🐿

I'd like to think that the fact ATLUS USA are finally giving us Dual Audio means the script won't be too far altered from the original, but who knows.

zakujanai

Much better date for me personally. Gives me some hope of completing Yakuza 0 and Tales of Berseria. Not arsed about the Japanese voices but at least it'll satisfy the whingers.

Zareka

Man, I mean dual audio is great and all but...

God damn it.

It's only two months but I had Feb 14th set in my mind. I just want to play the damn thing already.

sikkinixx

So weak. I don't give any fucks about JP VO so this is just more delay. Oh well. Hopefully it's as amazing as the last few.

hohoXD123

What's a few months to waiting 10 years? Besides you already know P5 is great! Going off early impressions from people who played it. While it's a bummer, everything will be fine in the end.

That makes the delay even worse. At least with FF15 you know it probably won't live up to the decade of hype, P5 on the other hand looks like it will so the wait is worse.

slash3584

Should of announced the delay earlier this week.

Tbh I think i'm cursed xD

Last year I skipped both PV01 and PV02 and only watched them just before the release of PV03 to get the hype train going.

"SUMMER 2016"

Now after avoiding spoilers and trying not to get too hyped in the middle of the JPN release

"oh cool the first english stream, I don't want to miss this!"

:(

I'm OK will this. Only Nioh and Horizon Zero Dawn for February now because I don't think NieR Automata will launch worldwide in February either. Makes it easier to buy every thing day one without feeling I'm wasting money.

This is HUGE for Nioh's chances of being a hit.

Zalusithix

Whereas I don't understand why anyone would want 100 hours of listening to a language they don't understand and reading subtitles. But they delayed the game to appease that incomprehensible demographic (I know they said that's not why but I straight up don't buy it).

At least the game is still coming out in Europe in a timely fashion. And maybe P5 threads won't be so annoying now.

As in you think including the Japanese audio that's already recorded is the reason? The subs would have to exist either way, and including existing audio tracks would add (virtually) no time.

klee123

Why does everyone want dual audio so much? The English VAs for 3 and 4 were pretty good

Always thought the dubs for P4 was awkward as fuck with the use of Japanese honorifics.

Also like FF15, I've been exposed to the JP dub already thanks to the pre release anime.

''Persona 5 delayed to April 4....''
FUUUUCK

''...JP voices available as free DLC at launch''
YES

I mean I don't skip games for not having dual audio but it's definitely a big plus for me.

mdubs

Banned
That moment when they delay the game from a time when I have time off to play it to a time when I won't.

Worst feeling.

Jeels

I liked the placeholder covers better. :( Slapping character artwork onto something and calling it a day does not make for good covers. I'd probably cancel my preorder if not for that bag and plush...

Elven_Star

I'm happy about dual audio for two reasons:
- JP ones usually have better quality probably because their voice actors are paid much better and are treated like celebrities.
- Having JP audio, at least for me, really helps with the immersion.

Stealth reason: I have more time to buy a PS4 now, and might actually go for a Pro as a result.

Yaari

Very happy that they managed to do it with the JP audio pack. The delay doesn't bother me too much. Plenty of stuff to play in that period.

Zhao_Yun

Whereas I don't understand why anyone would want 100 hours of listening to a language they don't understand and reading subtitles. But they delayed the game to appease that incomprehensible demographic (I know they said that's not why but I straight up don't buy it).

At least the game is still coming out in Europe in a timely fashion. And maybe P5 threads won't be so annoying now.

Game set in Japan -> Japanese Voices
Game set in the US -> English voices
Game set in Hungary -> Give me Hungarian voices if possible.

Nioh for example is doing a great job as well. The MC is from the UK and only speaks English in game while the Japanese characters only speak Japanese. It just feels "right" for me.

Probably not the same reason for most, but for me it is.

Wedge7

Oh man, disappointed about the delay, but very happy about the JPN voices. Its a price I'm easily willing to pay. Even better that its free, would have 100% paid for it as DLC released later. I understand many are disappointed, but man, SMH at people who are saying they are now considering not buying it or that it is no unclear if they want it now due to the delays. Its like, do you guys realize how dramatic you sound? Seems a little drastic if you were supposedly such a big fan before and now this delay has you getting all hysterical.

Just take a deep breath, relax. The game will eventually come out.

nice nice. two months is well worth the wait for the audio.

okay but bare with me

why not release the game, and then release dual audio patch when it's ready? dual audio is not the reason this has been delayed, they would have released it as free DLC if that was it.

Top Bottom