• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gbraga

I don't wanna live anymore.

This is it, this is too much, I won't even be alive when this thing comes out anymore.

You were supposed to be my valentine.

Anime really was a mistake, after all.

There's a potential thrid:

In the video message form the Atlus USA president, he mentioned they're going to be adding additional localisation work they didn't originally plan. I have a suspicion they might add voice overs to scenes that didn't originally have any in the JPN release.
If true, the delay will be worth it.

ChrisD

Everyone here 'just wants the game' and dual audio won't be the reason why it was delayed.

At least we now get the game without cut content, because that's essentially what no JP audio would have been.

I get what you're saying, but it's not cut content for me, personally. This is just another delay in a series of delays. I'm glad it's in the game for those who want it, but it's not a consolation enough in my mind like it is for a lot of others.

I just want a hard release date. Set in stone. Super sure. A total certainty.

I've waited two years, I can wait two more months for a better game.

I've waited three, and I'd totally be fine waiting for four!... If we didn't have a supposed solid date already. Tentatives are okay to be moved around, but that wasn't a tentative. This moving goalpost is getting tiresome.

Rektash

I agree dual audio should be an option when possible. I am referring to people who say stuff like "this dub is terrible, and people who like it are immature".

It was annoying as a kid and it's annoying now.

Oh yeah, those discussions will always be had - and always to the same result: None!

I am at a point in life where I am just happy when more people get what they wished for.

The experience of playing this won't be lessened by waiting for another 1 1/2 months.

Yasumi

Banned
I'd rather have it 2 months earlier. April means it falls right when a lot of my final projects and exams start popping up, so I'm not going to be able to play much at all. Japanese audio does nothing for me.

There's a potential thrid:

In the video message form the Atlus USA president, he mentioned they're going to be adding additional localisation work they didn't originally plan. I have a suspicion they might add voice overs to scenes that didn't originally have any in the JPN release.

This is what I'm thinking. Just watching the stream there are a lot of unvoiced scenes, and I can see them feeling like the game could be more competitive in the western market if more scenes are voices.

LordKano

Japanese developpers should be fired. All of them. They shouldn't make games anymore, because they just do it to delay and delay to make us suffer.

Yes, I know it's not the japanese devs fault here but I'm pretty sure they are actually laughing at us.

if this was getting a pro patch they would have said it already.

I heard they said it was getting a Pro patch on one of the Asian streams a while back?
Also all games that come out after Pro MUST have Pro support is what I thought as well?

And I doubt Atlus wants to say "Oh we delayed it because PS4 Pro support wouldn't have been ready in time."

Lunar15

We're going to get to 11:59 PM on December 31st and time is just going to stretch out indefinitely to keep us in this shitty year.

Zhao_Yun

Okay, I get this. In theory. Still seems weird though to choose to listen to the equivalent of incomprehensible noise (assuming you don't speak Japanese). That's make me less immersed, not more.

I actually do speak Japanese (but I am far from fluent, especially in terms of reading or I would have imported the game), but as in my example I would prefer it even if I didn't. As someone who has traveled a lot I just know that people speak different languages and even though I don't understand a word, you at least get a feeling for what kind of language it is. I don't speak any Eastern European languages, but if someone speaks Russian or Polish, I know the vague area of where they are coming from and if a game is set in such a place it helps immensly with immersion. Definitely better than English since my brain just knows that it is "wrong".

muteki

Japanese developpers should be fired. All of them. They shouldn't make games anymore, because they just do it to delay and delay to make us suffer.

Yes, I know it's not the japanese devs fault here but I'm pretty sure they are actually laughing at us.

They are probably too distracted out fixing sinkholes.

Tiops

There's no reason for this delay. Fuck Atlus, always shit with their western releases.

I'm buying this used. Yes, I'm mad.

Yam's

Woot didn't believe they would actually listen to some of us and put dual audio! That's some great news and it cannot come out soon enough now.

Meia

Congrats to all the people complaining about dual audio when Atlus releases don't have them I guess. I didn't really *need* to play it in February anyway.

:|

MegaMelon

Forgetting the dual audio, the reason they gave was quality assurance right? I heard SMTIV Apocalypse had a couple of instances of untranslated text. I wonder if they want to avoid that happening again, especially since it appears Atlus doesn't have access to the Japanese script. Why that's the case if true is beyond me.

Dual audio? It must be my birthday. I just ordered the Take Your Heart edition on Amazon. I was on the fence, but with the inclusion of dual audio it was a no brainer for me.

Infest

I don't mind the delay, there's plenty of games coming in the meantime.

However I feel like Persona 5 is a pretty good candidate for the most (officially) delayed game ever. Any other suggestions?

Ray Down

Banned
Not in the West. I think it doesn't count as "coming out" until it's out everywhere.

Sony is weird on Japan. They didn't even launch the Ps4 in Japan until a few months later.

Why would you think this, the development is over. That team isn't going to patch in Pro support.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Don't care for a second. If it takes more time, it takes more time.

Dual audio is pretty cool for the weirdo's that like that stuff though.

Watched the stream for about an hour and I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the English VO. So I'm definitely glad they were able to include the Japanese VO. The English VO definitely seems like a step down from P4.

LordKano

Dual audio? It must be my birthday. With that news I just pre-ordered the, Take Your Heart edition on Amazon.

You're doing exactly what they want. Then in March they will delay it to June, and add a Spanish dub to justifiy it. Then all the spanish guys will preorder it and then in May they will delay it again to add a French dub, etc. etc.

This game will never come but still generate an infinite amount of money.

MegaMelon

Forget Persona 5 being delayed, the real bad news is this could push Etrian Odyssey 5's localisation even further. Q1 2018 for europe would make me cry.

I'm kidding I feel your pain Persona fans.

The delay is a shame (I'm dead inside), but the dual audio is a nice option. I've really enjoyed the Japanese voice cast from what I've played of the Japanese version, so I'm looking forward to playthroughs with both.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
There's no reason for this delay. Fuck Atlus, always shit with their western releases.

I'm buying this used. Yes, I'm mad.

The Atlus USA president literally stated that it was due to localization concerns/touching up aspects of the english script and/or localization..

Now, whether or not you think that's valid or not is up to you, but it's not due to the dual audio inclusion pushing things back, as far as we've been told.

The summer would be the most ideal time for me to get enough time to play this game. It sucks for those who have been tracking and waiting for it though :(

ChrisD

Forget Persona 5 being delayed, the real bad news is this could push Etrian Odyssey 5's localisation even further. Q1 2018 for europe would make me cry.

I'm kidding I feel your pain Persona fans.

omg I didn't even think of this.

I hope this isn't taking all the manpower from Atlus, I really want a 2017 EO5.

Top Bottom