• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I bought the limited edition. This soundtrack is flames and the extra items are GREATLY appreciated.

On p4g: the jukebox and other extras are cool but yeah, wasn't big on the extra character or events. Ps2 version feels just right content wise

I'm so disapointed i don't have the soundtrack because i got a regular digital version.
The soundtrack is so great dammit. i certainly plan to get it ASAP

.JayZii

Banned
Help me out here GAF: I really want to play Persona 4 before I get 5 next year. Everyone tells me Persona 4 Golden is much better than its PS2 version but I don't own a Vita anymore.

Is it worth dropping the $$ for a PS TV + P4G or should I just play the PS2 version? Is the difference that big/worth it??
I really prefer the PS2 version. I'd recommend that.

Lynx_7

Help me out here GAF: I really want to play Persona 4 before I get 5 next year. Everyone tells me Persona 4 Golden is much better than its PS2 version but I don't own a Vita anymore.

Is it worth dropping the $$ for a PS TV + P4G or should I just play the PS2 version? Is the difference that big/worth it??

I've only played the PS2 release and that sits amongst my top 3 rpgs of all time so you should be fine. No need to buy an entirely new system just for it unless you really care for the portability.

Jeff from Giant Bomb will love this game for the tracksuits alone.

I wonder if there's even a slight possibility that we'll see a Persona 5 endurance run. I remember them saying it wouldn't happen but they did bring it back recently for Shenmue, so who knows if he'll change his mind.

EDIT: I keep almost accidentaly clicking on the spoiler thread thinking it's the import OT >_>

barybll

Banned
Haven't had much time to play, just just starting first day of school tomorrow. Hopefully my reading speed can increase when it is more teenagers and less legal- and igor-ese.

Sojiro has a cool hat. And MC is almost instantly more relatable than what I remember of early Yu.

Well, MC is not catatonic like Yu

Rpgmonkey

It's easy to lose track of time while playing this game.

I'm still in the first chapter I guess you could call it, and it's really interesting so far.

played about 9 hours, still very early part of the game.

So far it has been fantastic. It's basically what I expected from a new generation of Persona game and more. I barely played the dungeon but it has been very impressive compared to previous game's procedurally generated ones.

My only very minor complaints are:
not enough scenes are voiced
some visual aspects like low res texture are sometime noticeable.

But these are just personal minor complaints and overall game is fantastic so far.

Yeah I was a little surprised that even some of the mandatory/story conversations aren't always voiced.

_Ryo_

Can you reverse/break all Cooperation's/Social Links in this game like you could in P3? I found P4* lacking in this area, which is strange because P4 was more focused on friendship than P3 so it would have been more realistic and dynamic if you could permanently ruin them.

I think there are only one or two social links you can reverse or break in P4*

.JayZii

Banned
I wonder if there's even a slight possibility that we'll see a Persona 5 endurance run. I remember them saying it wouldn't happen but they did bring it back recently for Shenmue, so who knows if he'll change his mind.

EDIT: I keep almost accidentaly clicking on the spoiler thread thinking it's the import OT >_>
They're on opposite coasts now, so it might be a bit tricky. Anything's possible, though.

I've only ever watched a few random episodes of their endurance run. I love Persona 4 and like a lot of GB content, but I cannot imagine watching someone else play P4 for 100+ hours. I'm really glad they did it and liked it so much, though, because I think they introduced Persona and SMT to a lot of people who wouldn't have gotten into it otherwise.

The Midnight Channel - A Minigame accessible only when the PlayStation Vita's clock is at Midnight until 1:00 AM. It features Teddie covered by TV static and can be manipulated with the device's touchscreen. Teddie is fully voiced in this mode.

I.................. never knew about this.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thanks for answering Shouta! Glad to hear they manage to make Demon Communications good. I'm right there with you on P1 and P2 communications, tedious.

'Tedious' is WAYYYY too kind a descriptor for demon negotiations in Persona 1 and especially 2. Horseshit would be more apt.

Joqu

Someone tweeted a Persona 5 picture to me that looked like an extremely major spoiler, damn. Trying to forget about it right now but it ain't working. Why do people gotta be such jerks. ;_;

You guys are def smart for importing it, it's a rough wait

asagami_

Banned
I have a question. Shadow Demons can start a chat with you without have to fear they attack you?

Kinda like these:
tumblr_odo7strYCE1qe2byso1_500.jpg

tumblr_mj3pyrV0Ky1qe2byso1_500.png

tumblr_mj3pyrV0Ky1qe2byso5_500.png

I really liked this kind of interaction between you, your Personaes and the demons.

Logash

Hey I have a spoiler question but I really don't want to go to the spoiler thread to ask because I'm afraid the entire game will be spoiled. Can someone tell me if there is any cameos from previous persona character in this game? Please respond with a spoiler tag.

bluethree

Hey I have a spoiler question but I really don't want to go to the spoiler thread to ask because I'm afraid the entire game will be spoiled. Can someone tell me if there is any cameos from previous persona character in this game? Please respond with a spoiler tag.

I'm 16 hours in, and so far
no cameos but there is an Innocent Sin reference if you check your TV one day. It references that Featherman show in that game which is referenced in other points in the series too.

I'm 16 hours in, and so far
no cameos but there is an Innocent Sin reference if you check your TV one day. It references that Featherman show in that game which is referenced in other points in the series too.

actually , there are
Rise posters ads on the subway

_Ryo_

There's Sapphire a movie poster with Rise from P4. And another of Kanami.

'Tedious' is WAYYYY too kind a descriptor for demon negotiations in Persona 1 and especially 2. Horseshit would be more apt.

I mean, yeah I don't like them but they were a novel idea back on the PS1. They are one of the many reason's why I've never enjoyed P1 or P2 Duology. Tried again on the PSP just to remind myself that it's pretty archaic.

From Shouta's stream and other impressions, Demon Negotiations sound more streamlined and quicker. I'm already familiar with All-Out Attacks form P3 and P4, layering the Demon Negotiations with that seems like a great way to get them started. Using familiar combat mechanics from P3 and P4 and this friendlier negotiation system seems like I can possibly enjoy this more so than P1 and P2 boring system. Taking the combat from the two previous games, while refining the unique aspects of the first two games sounds like a winner to me.

Shit man Bribing monsters in Final Fantasy was always the best negotiations in my opinion, quick and simple (just expensive at times). Or Capturing them by simply slaying with the right skill or weapon.

Logash

Gave in and bought it on Japanese PSN. Is there anyway to play this on my US PSN account? I really want to use the themes I bought with the extra yen.

Gave in and bought it on Japanese PSN. Is there anyway to play this on my US PSN account? I really want to use the themes I bought with the extra yen.

If you're on PS4 , the game will launch on a US or EU psn account . And if you've downloaded the theme from the japanese psn , you can use it on your main account without an issue.

You just have to set your JPN PSN account on primary and the game will run fine

Logash

If you're on PS4 , the game will launch on a US or EU psn account . And if you've downloaded the theme from the japanese psn , you can use it on your main account without an issue.

You just have to set your JPN PSN account on primary and the game will run fine

How do I set it primary?

Darksol

Read books to
unlock new locations.

Also I keep forgetting -- where do you go to do the
mementos
dungeons? I looked around the school (could of sworn only was in a corridor the first time) but I can't seem to find it again.

Guru-Guru

Banned
12 hours in, absolutely loving it. I think this will end up my GotY. Really can't think of anything negative so far about the experience.

ckohler

I'm carefully treading this thread, dodging possible spoilers, but there is something I would like to know: Are there more vocal tracks?

So far, the only two I've heard are the opening theme ("Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There") and the battle theme ("Last Surprise", which is awesome).

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm carefully treading this thread, dodging possible spoilers, but there is something I would like to know: Are there more vocal tracks?

So far, the only two I've heard are the opening theme ("Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There") and the battle theme ("Last Surprise", which is awesome).

Behind the Mask has vocals, but it only starts playing the vocal version about a month into the game. Other than that I can't think of any other vocal tracks.

DNAbro

I think there are
total vocal tracks including the credits theme.

Tagging as spoiler, just in case:
Yes, there are at least 4 more that immediately come together mind aside from those two, maybe even more (i may have skipped or forgotten some tracks).

Lynx_7

I think there are
total vocal tracks including the credits theme.

That doesn't sound like much compared to 3 and 4, but maybe I'm under the illusion these games had more than they actually had due to these tracks being so prominent?

barybll

Banned

Yeah,

Life will Change
Rivers in the Desert
Beneath the Mask

One of those, (rivers in the desert) is a very special boss battle theme, and I wouldn't recommend listening to keep the surprise, because its really really good easily alongside Life will Change with my top P5 songs, and because there are spoilers in the comment section if you watch it on youtube
There might be more im missing tho

Man do i love this game...
Played more hours , on a gameplay perspective, there is not much that i dislike.

The dialog is "on point" , the setting's superb. the social links are very good.

Persona 3 and 4 always had little touches in their world that made the immersion excellent and this one doesn't disapoint.

I'm like , i'm gonna reach that safe room and save since i need to stop playing and like 8 minutes later i realise that i've exited the safe room and i'm exploring the dongeon again ( when i initially planned to stop playing for the night..) it's that addictive. the dongeons of P3 and P4 can't compare .. a serious improvement.

Demon communication is MUCH MUCH improved from before , less annoying , quicker .. you don't feel like you're fighting the game this time to negociate.
The changes to the 1 more system allow for more strategy and more flexibility

My only problem so far is the persona fusion system, but maybe i have NOT understood YET well how to use it fully .

Is anyone here playing it that doesn't know, or only knows a little Japanese? I know it probably would difficult to read with my little knowledge, but wondering if you're still enjoying it.

Logash

So bout the cameo question I asked earlier:
So far there is no significant cameo in the game like there was in Persona 4 when you visit Gekkoukan High?

Logash

Is anyone here playing it that doesn't know, or only knows a little Japanese? I know it probably would difficult to read with my little knowledge, but wondering if you're still enjoying it.

Only like 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it but the further I get into it the more I want to stop and just wait for it in English. I have no Japanese Experience and am google translating it the whole way through. Everything about the game is amazing including the story so far and I feel like I understand it but for me I think I want to experience it in a form where I can be more comfortable. God I wish I could just download subtitles like movies.... Would be perfect. Anyway, to each there own. If you think it won't bother you I believe it is pretty easy to use a translator to understand the story. Just requires patience

Only like 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it but the further I get into it the more I want to stop and just wait for it in English. I have no Japanese Experience and am google translating it the whole way through. Everything about the game is amazing including the story so far and I feel like I understand it but for me I think I want to experience it in a form where I can be more comfortable. God I wish I could just download subtitles like movies.... Would be perfect. Anyway, to each there own. If you think it won't bother you I believe it is pretty easy to use a translator to understand the story. Just requires patience

I sorta feel the same way, where I just want to wait for the English release for the easiness of it, but I also am in the works of learning Japanese, and wish I was exposing myself to it more often. I recognize some kanji (only like 80 or so), and all the hiragana, and katakana....trying to remember the vocab ive learned so far...doubt i'd understand much of the game without translating every line going through a book, but I feel like I kinda need that too. Need to study more xD

Persona Games are TEXT HEAVY games , if you've never played a game in complete japanese before , i honnestly think it's futile. I mean you're making choices constantly during the story. The game doesn't hold your hand

Several scenes in the story are not voiced , all the social link events are not voiced, you'll get no help from the question that pop-up during class and the list goes on.( How do you do demon negociations without knowing how to read ? )

P5 is not the game to try to brute force your enjoyment like this

Logash

I sorta feel the same way, where I just want to wait for the English release for the easiness of it, but I also am in the works of learning Japanese, and wish I was exposing myself to it more often. I recognize some kanji (only like 80 or so), and all the hiragana, and katakana....trying to remember the vocab ive learned so far...doubt i'd understand much of the game without translating every line going through a book, but I feel like I kinda need that too. Need to study more xD

As someone who's favorite series is Persona, I wouldn't want to ruin it by putting a learning experience above playing the actual game. The irony of course is that the whole translating bit by bit part is so grueling that you would probably prefer doing it with something you actually enjoy. I've pretty much decided to stop playing when I get to point where I can fight in the first dungeon when ever I want. That way I can enjoy the fights a little without tutorials popping up all the time. After that I will just wait. I realize I spent $100 for only like 4 hours of gameplay but man was it worth it for me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom