• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thanks!
Fast travel and the map is one the most usefull things to bavigate the world now.

A great addition.

What are dungeons like? Same formula as previous games?
No more random dongeon , the gameplay is much better as a result.

Ummm... didn't warn him that it is stuck like this for 6 months??

What do you mean ? Setting your console as primary has almost no drawbacks

Logash

Quick question on primary. If my Japanese account is my primary does that mean my US one isn't? If so is there anything negative about it?

Quick question on primary. If my Japanese account is my primary does that mean my US one isn't? If so is there anything negative about it?

No, the primary setting designates that console as the primary console for that account, meaning that other accounts on that console can access the content owned by that account. This lets you go online on other accounts using the PS Plus subcription from another, as long as the console is marked as the PS Plus acount's primary, for example. It does not designate a primary account for the console, and there is no such thing (aside from auto-login settings, I suppose, but those have no other privileges).

Z3M0G seems to have somehow confused the primary account activation with the webtool that allows you to deactivate all console activations for a single account which can only be used every six months. Probably he's messed around with account/game sharing and somehow conflated the two.

What do you mean ? Setting your console as primary has almost no drawbacks

There's a 6 month rule when it comes to deactivating consoles through browser. Had some trouble myself the past few months. Turns out someone got a hold of my account a couple months ago, deactivated all systems through browser, then set their own PS4 as primary for my PSN account. Couldn't deactivate from browser, since he/she used it up 2 months ago. Had to send a specialized request with Sony Support. (Not before renaming that PS4's name with as many expletives as I could fit). It's a stupid rule that any unscrupulous person can use to their advantage and your detriment.

(Luckily this person didn't buy a single thing with my card or paypal account, was likely just mooching off games that I bought. Once I force-log out'd my account off of all systems and set up 2-step, at work I got almost 20 texts within 10 minutes of the person constantly sending codes to my phone, so I did in fact have someone actively using my account without permission)

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
So to progress deeper in Mementos I need to raise the public's belief in our group? I'm assuming that means the percentage on KaiChan, does that just happen over the course of the story or is it something I can do myself?

NeatoKuni

Nope, you can have as many accounts set as the primary as you'd like, they just can't make a different console a primary without first removing that one as its primary.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Question about dungeon 2...
Came to a security panel, overhear the password has something to do with the homie's shoe size. How do I figure that out? Are there some more enemies I have to listen to?
Edit: finally figured it out. That took me way too long lol.

artsi

The game is so good I want to play it all day long, but I also want to savour it so it doesn't end too soon!

What to do?!

kkfhrbA.gif

Gu4n

Mementos missions apparently have to be completed on that same day? Meh, missed one. I'll grab the loot I can right now and might skip more then -- the annoying background music and sacrificing a day isn't worth it.

Anyway, finished the second dungeon. Dungeon itself was amazing again, the boss fight somewhat less spectacular than the first one.

Also. My Shinigami Social Link is developing insanely quick (Rank 7 right now) whereas the Pope is for some reason lagging behind at 2. I guess some are halted until the main story allows you to continue them?

Other than that, I'm still overwhelmed by the amount of content in this game. Why can't the protagonist read a book while waiting for the laundry to finish, lol.

Ohh so TMS structure?
Much better than TMS's.

Logash

So I'm still on the first dungeon and I haven't been able to go back and kill shadows. Am I able to grind in normal dungeons or is it pretty much paced a certain way?

Shouta

Woww. How's it stack up for you compared to your favorite games, and Persona 3 & 4?

Better than P3 or P4 if they stick the last half of the game.

I've got 42 hours and I'm on the first floor of the 3rd :p

This will easily be a 100 hour game for me if not more.

To be fair, I've been translating as I play so it takes me more time to get through things. It'd be faster for me to just read, lol.

I can't wait to find out if Persona 5 will have a better ending that Persona 3.

Persona 3 is among my favorite endings in videogames if not the best. When that music started rolling it really messed me up. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. If Persona 5 has a similar effect than damn.

Dantis

I feel like the difficulty spikes in the third dungeon. Which is actually fine, because the second dungeon was a cakewalk.

Is there anyone else here still waiting for their copy to arrive beside me? At least the package left Japan, now I only have to pray it won't be stopped at customs.

Everyone's impressions are so great, but I'm just worried that the game runs out of steam in the back half.

I'm really curious about what I start to hear as well. The game is amazing so far, although I'm only just about to complete the first dungeon at 20 hours because I'm N3 molasses level. Persona 3 lost me toward the end while P4G was pretty exciting all the way through.

Europe here - mine shipped last Tuesday and is estimated to arrive next Tuesday.
Mine shipped on Wednesday and in theory should arrive in 3-4 days. But that ain't happening, so if it's not delayed by customs it should arrive before next Saturday.
That's what I hope at least.

Voror

This makes me wonder about the seemingly inevitable Persona 5 (Insert added title here) version given we've had versions for the last two. I wouldn't expect to see that be a Vita version like P4G was since that was PS2 to the Vita, even if making this a portable experience would be fantastic unless we see a Vita 2 (unlikely at this point in time).

Guess Who

Banned
This makes me wonder about the seemingly inevitable Persona 5 (Insert added title here) version given we've had versions for the last two. I wouldn't expect to see that be a Vita version like P4G was since that was PS2 to the Vita, even if making this a portable experience would be fantastic unless we see a Vita 2 (unlikely at this point in time).

Any hypothetical P5P would almost certainly be for NX.

Voror

Any hypothetical P5P would almost certainly be for NX.

I was just thinking that actually, which would be pretty cool. Quite a get for Nintendo I'd say as well, though aside from the Persona series all the most recent SMT games have been on their portable systems.

Lunar15

Have people indicated that this is the case?

No, no one has. It may never run out of steam. I'm just curious as to whether or not it continues to stay as good as everyone's making it sound.

I haven't read any spoiler threads or gone hunting for information about the story, so I'm not bringing in any outside info.

There's a 6 month rule when it comes to deactivating consoles through browser. [snip]
I know about the 6 month rule, but that is hardly a problem when you set your JPN PSN account to your console as primary. It's his jpn account not his main one. The drawback of setting up your JPN account as primary are minimal or almost non existant when you can play the game on your main account a without any issue AND with the JPN dlc.

In your scenario , had the console been set as primary or not , you would still be unable to get the activation back , so you're missing the point.

So I'm still on the first dungeon and I haven't been able to go back and kill shadows. Am I able to grind in normal dungeons or is it pretty much paced a certain way?
It'll different once you've cleared the first dongeon.

Need help really quick
Do I have to fuse Arsene to move on from the fusion tutorial?
Yeah
Probably done to keep people from falling into the trap of getting attached and being underpowered as a result.
Well arsene is registered so you can get it back ( by visiting igor again ) , the only problem is that it'll be at lv 1

wmlk

Is there something like in P4G where you can make your canon Persona viable throughout the entire game? Maybe that was too easy for some people, but for role-playing it makes sense.

Best way to play this game for guys who want to look up words as they play is to remote play into your PC and have kanji tomo installed.

I don't use English definitions as I'm going J to J but this is handy for some.

FitDyeV.png

Just mouse over words and it'll tell you the definition. This won't be much help for those who don't know the words around the words though. You still need to understand the sentence and sometimes the definition isn't exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom