• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xypher

Hey guys, dungeon 3
vault puzzle
. Please help.
If you mean what I think you mean
the number pad puzzles
then you need to
find notes in the big piggy banks which will tell you the values of the letters above the number pads, the letters on the notes are in english, so you should be able to figure them out, once you got the notes go to the items menu and they will be under key items (green) items, just scroll through til you find something like R=C, those are the right ones.

Dantis

If you mean what I think you mean
the number pad puzzles
then you need to
find notes in the big piggy banks which will tell you the values of the letters above the number pads, the letters on the notes are in english, so you should be able to figure them out, once you got the notes go to the items menu and they will be under key items (green) items, just scroll through til you find something like R=C, those are the right ones.

Derp. Didn't even think to check my inventory. Thanks!

Dungeon 3's music is super good. Both tracks.

_Ryo_

Even better way I found is if you want to capture an entire line/paragraph, use a software called "Capture2text"

http://capture2text.sourceforge.net/

I just used it and it's better for me. I can just simply highlight and grab blocks of text which I can use later.

Capture2text is amazing. But there is another free one, which has a built-in Japanese dictionary. It also has a built-in image viewer. It's called Kanji Tomo.

http://kanjitomo.net

Edit, just realized that was the original suggestion. I'm an idiot.

Anyways kanji tomo's built-in dictionary gives it the edge for me. Makes looking up names easy as hell.

barybll

Banned
I don't wanna read any spoilers, but what about the soundtrack? is it available yet? i can't find quality tracks on youtube.

There are a large amount avaible in youtube and daily motion.
However, if you are avoiding spoilers, searching for them will be perilous.

There are also some download links lost here and there.

Capture2text is amazing. But there is another free one, which has a built-in Japanese dictionary. It also has a built-in image viewer. It's called Kanji Tomo.

http://kanjitomo.net

Edit, just realized that was the original suggestion. I'm an idiot.

Anyways kanji tomo's built-in dictionary gives it the edge for me. Makes looking up names easy as hell.
I was using Kanji tomo but the fact that it uses an English dictionary kind of makes it less appealing for me. I use a japanese to japanese dictionary for lookups and whatnot but Kanji Tomo is good for once in a while use.

IMO if Persona 5 is as good as yall say it is then between it and Catherine alone I feel like we could say the Persona Team is a top 5 developer. I keep checking back here despite not importing the game out of excitement.

artsi

For OCR kanji readings without any remote play stuff, I would recomment iOS + Android app "Yomiwa" which has a free 1 week trial.

http://www.yomiwa.net/

It's a lot faster than Google Translate for quick kanji scanning as there's a live mode which shows readings immediately.
No need to take a photo, etc.

You can also switch between kana and romaji for the readings.

fFPG1t4.jpg

_Ryo_

For OCR kanji readings without any remote play stuff, I would recomment iOS + Android app "Yomiwa" which has a free 1 week trial.

It's a lot faster than Google Translate for quick kanji scanning as there's a live mode which shows readings immediately.

Looks like this is on Android too. Says free but it's probably the trial.

artsi

Looks like this is on Android too. Says free but it's probably the trial.

Yeah, I corrected the post. App is free in the store, but requires you to unlock the features via in-app purchase.

It will prompt to start a trial when you try it the first time.

Gu4n

Oh hey, doing the Mementos with Spotify makes it much less annoying. Having Falcom music play during battles is quite the experience.
_

Also, I was fairly late to notice this, but they re-introduced the Nuclear and Psy skills from Persona 2. I was asked to fuse a person with the skill 'Frei', so that had me stand up from the couch in awe. They certainly didn't neglect the series' rich heritage.

Lynx_7

IMO if Persona 5 is as good as yall say it is then between it and Catherine alone I feel like we could say the Persona Team is a top 5 developer. I keep checking back here despite not importing the game out of excitement.

Catherine was one of my favorite games from last gen so I really hope they're given a shot at another spin-off series like that. I feel like them getting to stretch their creative muscles with Catherine and having more freedom to explore characters and settings outside of a highschool format really helped them grow as developers, and that can only benefit the Persona series itself. They'll most likely stick with Persona for now though, unless Atlus is determined to milk this entry as aggressively and extensively as 4.

To be fair every single active team at Atlus is at least high tier right now. The Maniax Team is still making strong entries in the mainline series, and the DeSu team has a pretty good grasp on gameplay though they need to lean more towards Devil Survivor 1 in therms of story and atmosphere and less towards Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm starting to think the UI is too busy after watching some footage. I love how stylized it is but it seems like sensory overload at times and takes up way too much screen real estate.

I'm starting to think the UI is too busy after watching some footage. I love how stylized it is but it seems like sensory overload at times and takes up way too much screen real estate.

The Ui during what phases ? Shop ? exploration ? battle ? dongeon ? school ?

I don't think it does, as it's a requested Persona. You'll have to create it by fusion.

Thanks! I know usually the later ones have to made through a series of combos.

It's pretty much the same amount as 3/4, although the objectives add to it now too

Guess Who

Banned
Oh hey, doing the Mementos with Spotify makes it much less annoying. Having Falcom music play during battles is quite the experience.
_

Also, I was fairly late to notice this, but they re-introduced the Nuclear and Psy skills from Persona 2. I was asked to fuse a person with the skill 'Frei', so that had me stand up from the couch in awe. They certainly didn't neglect the series' rich heritage.

Psy skills weren't even in Persona 2 - that's some Devil Summoner shit.

akileese

Best way to play this game for guys who want to look up words as they play is to remote play into your PC and have kanji tomo installed.

I don't use English definitions as I'm going J to J but this is handy for some.

FitDyeV.png

Just mouse over words and it'll tell you the definition. This won't be much help for those who don't know the words around the words though. You still need to understand the sentence and sometimes the definition isn't exactly the same.

This is awesome for me and my wife! Her Kanji is really rough and mine is nonexistent and while her hiragana is better mine, both of ours is incredibly rusty. This will help a lot. Thanks!

mugwhump

There's an extensive list of the changes here:

After reading, you can make the decision yourself, though you can generally get a PSTV + P4G for about $60-$70.
Arrg, such a hard choice. I got to kanji's dungeon already in p4, but I own p4g and a pstv...

muteki

Shibuya station is amazing but there are some pretty bad textures here and there. Some nice surprises in the posters though.

But shit gets real quick.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There was this song I've heard called (potential spoilers)
Shidou, which sounds like a battle-ish theme
. Have I been spoiled a lot?

jonjonaug

Arrg, such a hard choice. I got to kanji's dungeon already in p4, but I own p4g and a pstv...

Honestly, if you're that early in the game I'd restart with P4G. I consider P4 vanilla to be a "good" game, but P4G to be a "great" one. The changes aren't massive, but I think they definitely matter. Going around town at night, more events, more activities, more places, and the Winter season (which closed off all of the miscellaneous NPC plotlines that were just left hanging in the original game) are all insignificant on their own, but when added together they lend the game a ton more atmosphere. Inaba in the original game felt like just a backdrop for the social links and gameplay, while in P4G it felt like an actual place.

Zolo

There was this song I've heard called (potential spoilers)
Shidou, which sounds like a battle-ish theme
. Have I been spoiled a lot?

Uh....the current people playing might not want to look at this. That said,
I don't think it really spoils you since by the time it means anything, you'll already know about it.

ubiblu

For anyone wanting a better grasp of the characters and the main targets, check out Tvtropes. They already have a comprehensive story breakdown for each character, what motivates them, etc. Spoilers are clearly blocked out also.

As someone who struggled to understand why the first two targets were so hated by the Phantom Thieves due to my poor Japanese abilities, this website has significantly improved my enjoyment of the game's narrative.

Ah that Social link with tae Takemi ( she's a NPC ) is so awesome by how it starts.
I was like
Since i barely made up a lie for the drugs since it kinda admitted i eavedropped the previous time ( by the way the "my head hurts" answer is pure gold ) , i choose to dive in and drink that red suspicious drink in one go , only to collapse and wake up later , and she tells me that i was comatose , but it doesn't matter now since i woke up !

Now that's a nice and unique way to start a relationship , lol

And not only i like her design , i also like how usefull her s-link is.. even if it's too bad so many items are locked behind that progression.

Ah that Social link with tae Takemi ( she's a NPC ) is so awesome by how it starts.
I was like
Since i barely made up a lie for the drugs since it kinda admitted i eavedropped the previous time ( by the way the "my head hurts" answer is pure gold ) , i choose to dive in and drink that red suspicious drink in one go , only to collapse and wake up later , and she tells me that i was comatose , but it doesn't matter now since i woke up !

Now that's a nice and unique way to start a relationship , lol

And not only i like her design , i also like how usefull her s-link is.. even if it's too bad so many items are locked behind that progression.

I would drink absolutely anything that woman offered me.

Shuusui

You can also switch between kana and romaji for the readings.

fFPG1t4.jpg

Been living in Japan for 2.5 years and just now learned of this...... not sure if I'm mad or happy...

Edit -- bah, it's not free.

Darksol

My game time is slowing down. Have nearly 50 hours into it but now my girlfriend is playing too. I'm not mad though -- happy to be dating someone who likes Persona :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom