• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Oh, I hadn't seen these; I've been staying out of the community thread since they seem a bit less cautious with their spoilers than the people in here. This is awesome. Yoko Taro continues to prove he's a badass.

Oh, we're strict as hell about spoilers in the Persona community. You say anything spoilerish there? You're gonna lose your hand and get tossed in the Velvet Room with no Personas AND you will be forced to choose all the bad choices in social links. So you see... it's pretty costly to post spoilers in the Persona community.

Oh, we're strict as hell about spoilers in the Persona community. You say anything spoilerish there? You're gonna lose your hand and get tossed in the Velvet Room with no Personas AND you will be forced to choose all the bad choices in social links. So you see... it's pretty costly to post spoilers in the Persona community.

Yeah I'm not referring to explicit spoilers of specific stuff that happens. But there's been some discussion in there about social issues that may or may not be represented properly by Atlus in P5 and I don't want to see that kind of discussion yet either.

Mediking

Yeah I'm not referring to explicit spoilers of specific stuff that happens. But there's been some discussion in there about social issues that may or may not be represented properly by Atlus in P5 and I don't want to see that kind of discussion yet either.

Ohhhhhh... I gotcha. I understand. Academics leveled up!

Or would it be... Charm leveled up?

Or....

Understanding leveled up?

Ah, just ignore me. Hahaha.

Jintor

For OCR kanji readings without any remote play stuff, I would recomment iOS + Android app "Yomiwa" which has a free 1 week trial.

http://www.yomiwa.net/

It's a lot faster than Google Translate for quick kanji scanning as there's a live mode which shows readings immediately.
No need to take a photo, etc.

You can also switch between kana and romaji for the readings.

fFPG1t4.jpg

/edit oh... except it's garbage at reading the screen on this tablet...

I was diligently searching manually every word but I don't think i could hack it forever lol. This will save my ass

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Damn the velvet room is so fucking cool looking

they NAILED Igor's model

Definitely my favorite Velvet Room thus far, Igor's model certainly suits his new voice in that he looks far creepier. I will say the music doesn't really suit it as much though, especially during those fusions.

Definitely my favorite Velvet Room thus far, Igor's model certainly suits his new voice in that he looks far creepier. I will say the music doesn't really suit it as much though, especially during those fusions.

Yeah, I'm all for tradition and all, but The Poem for Everyone's Souls needs an update badly.

Zebetite

Banned
The Velvet Room could need a Jukebox, but i think that song is basically the star wars theme of the persona series.

you probably spend more time listening to the velvet room song in any given persona game than the entire runtime of all the star wars films combined, let alone runtime in which the star wars theme is playing

Jintor

YOOOOOOO shibuya easter eggs are great
Rise and Kanamin still doing work!

/edit lmao it forced me to transfer to the ginza line manually, game of the generation

For those playing it, and understand the plot so far, is it good? Don't need specifics, but...Persona 4 was an amazing game to me. How is it this one stacking up?

Darksol

YOOOOOOO shibuya easter eggs are great
Rise and Kanamin still doing work!

/edit lmao it forced me to transfer to the ginza line manually, game of the generation

I also like seeing the MC swipe his card over the scanners as he changes lines. Little details :)

How many chapters are in this game?

Chapters?

For those playing it, and understand the plot so far, is it good? Don't need specifics, but...Persona 4 was an amazing game to me. How is it this one stacking up?

It's amazing. There's a lot of depth to it, both the plot and the characters.

jjonez18

Oh, I hadn't seen these; I've been staying out of the community thread since they seem a bit less cautious with their spoilers than the people in here. This is awesome. Yoko Taro continues to prove he's a badass.

d'awww. The love.
Glad this game is hitting all the right notes.

Darksol

just met the cat

yusuke is a lot easier to understand than everyone else in the game cos he just yells stuff. lmao

Ryuuji

And yeah, he's probably the easiest to follow. Plus, he'll teach you all sorts of new swear words!

The cat likes to use a lot of archaic terminology, from the personal pronouns he uses to the honorifics and everything.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, they really hid the laundromat away, I only stumbled upon it by accident.

Edit: Anyone know a good place to raise kindness? It's my weakest stat.

Wow, they really hid the laundromat away, I only stumbled upon it by accident.

Edit: Anyone know a good place to raise kindness? It's my weakest stat.

Copying and pasting:

優しさ

-読書
-映画鑑賞
-ファミレス(グランドマザーバーグを注文する)
-喫茶店の修行
-アルバイト(フラワーショップ)
-DVD鑑賞
-自室の観葉植物に栄養剤投与 ガーデンエナジー♪1(セントラル街:ロシナンテ)/植物栄養剤♪2(駅地下モール:ラフレシ屋)/天然・植物栄養剤♪3(新宿歓楽街:花屋助兵衛)

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Copying and pasting:

優しさ

-読書
-映画鑑賞
-ファミレス(グランドマザーバーグを注文する)
-喫茶店の修行
-アルバイト(フラワーショップ)
-DVD鑑賞
-自室の観葉植物に栄養剤投与 ガーデンエナジー♪1(セントラル街:ロシナンテ)/植物栄養剤♪2(駅地下モール:ラフレシ屋)/天然・植物栄養剤♪3(新宿歓楽街:花屋助兵衛)

Thanks.

Jintor

Man i gotta get better at JPN just so I can futz around more easily... but I'm getting the gist of things better than I thought, so... maybe I'll be okay

expel

About to finish the 2nd dungeon, i just wanna play P5 all day long...about 20 hours in but a couple hours of afk too

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, Mementos is really starting to confuse me. I've beaten the first two requests, and been given a third, but can't find the target in any of the 7 floors I have unlocked. Am I just meant to leave that mission for now and complete it once the door at the bottom floor unlocks?

artsi

Okay, Mementos is really starting to confuse me. I've beaten the first two requests, and been given a third, but can't find the target in any of the 7 floors I have unlocked. Am I just meant to leave that mission for now and complete it once the door at the bottom floor unlocks?

I'm not that sure either. I got a 3rd request (with question marks in difficulty, etc) but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go to the memento dungeon or solve it in the real world.

Gu4n

I didn't do that request the same day and got locked out of completing it (and with that, the trophy for clearing all Memento missions). There must be something there?

Edit:
イジメっ子を操る陰のアイツ should be in 調和奪われし路エリア5.

artsi

I didn't do that request the same day and got locked out of completing it (and with that, the trophy for clearing all Memento missions). There must be something there?

Edit:
イジメっ子を操る陰のアイツ should be in 調和奪われし路エリア5.

Yeah, I just checked the wiki too.
http://spwiki.net/persona5/wikis/377.html

Guru-Guru

Banned
So you can get locked out of Memento missions? I just did 2 in 1 go. Was planning to let them stack up and continue doing a bunch at once (thus saving time to do other activities/social link stuff), but I don't want to get locked out of any.

Jintor

Oh god the animations in conversation are so damn good now. Man
Ryuuji just grabbing Morgana by the scruff of his/her neck

god damn and
Ann taking a step back when you overhear her phone convo
... fuuuuuuck

I'm not that sure either. I got a 3rd request (with question marks in difficulty, etc) but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go to the memento dungeon or solve it in the real world.

You need to investigate it more. It's been a while since I did this one but:

Mild Hint:
Someone said something about investigating around the school

Bigger Hint:
Listen in on the specific conversation in the street in front of the school entrance

Once you do that it will remove the question marks from the difficulty and you should be able to find the Shadow. I think I did it a couple days after first being notified about it.

artsi

You need to investigate it more.

Mild Hint:
Someone said something about investigating around the school

Bigger Hint:
Listen in on the specific conversation in the street in front of the school entrance

Once you do that it will remove the question marks from the difficulty and you should be able to find the Shadow.

Thanks, I'll go and try it tonight.

Jintor

Oh fuccccckkkkkkkk I thought this was dark but jesus christ it got real fucking dark

They do an amazing job making you hate this guy. Holy shit.

Just saw the Amazon JP exclusive PS4 themes and wish I'd ordered from there.

There's absolutely no chance they'll be made avaliable separately down the line on PSN, is there?

Is there anyway to get the special P3/p4 DLC?? I want it nowah.

I just got my third member.

I'm like 13 hours in. I'm taking my sweeeeeet time.

Dantis

35 hours in. Three dungeons down. Loving it. Best game.

It seems like the party's relationship is more P3 than P4. Is this accurate?

Logash

About 6 hours in and I love it. I keep telling myself I'm going to stop and wait for the English version but I can't stop playing. I will eventually stop though because even though I have a vague idea of what's going on, I want to fully understand it.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
The
Maradame
boss fight is gonna be the death of me

Jintor

35 hours in. Three dungeons down. Loving it. Best game.

It seems like the party's relationship is more P3 than P4. Is this accurate?

I only just got Ann but I don't think so... P3 was definitely an essentially work relationship that became something more, which isn't the vibe I'm getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom