• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my 20th anniversary package today. The special theme they give is quite nice.

Did you order it from Amazon JP? They sent me a code that had lots of avatars and 5 themes that are really nice. So totally 5 amz jp + 1 20th anniv + 200 yen joker theme on PSN = 7 great themes. And themes I can use because they both look good as UI for PS4 and amazing music. Best themes since Firewatch and Transistor.

raven777

Did you order it from Amazon JP? They sent me a code that had lots of avatars and 5 themes that are really nice. So totally 5 amz jp + 1 20th anniv + 200 yen joker theme on PSN = 7 great themes. And themes I can use because they both look good as UI for PS4 and amazing music. Best themes since Firewatch and Transistor.

I ordered from amazon, but I didn't order the amazon special edition so I didn't get the 5 amazon themes. I just got 20th anniversary theme.
And I actually didn't know the 20th anniversary theme is different for DL version and physical version lol.

artsi

35 hours in. Three dungeons down. Loving it. Best game.

It seems like the party's relationship is more P3 than P4. Is this accurate?

Hmm I wouldn't really say that.

In P3 I felt everyone was doing a job and treated others like co-workers. In P5 they're more like a gang / posse / whatever doing cool stuff together and making the world better.

Jintor

Damn I'm 50 hours in and only just secured the route for the third dungeon :D
No AFK even as before I go AFK I save and reload when I'm back.

I want work to end so I can return home and plaaaaaaaay D:

well, bear in mind dantis can't read japanese so he's not spending any time thumbing through the dictionary. lol

The
Maradame
boss fight is gonna be the death of me

Fortunately this isn't a very big spoiler at all, but for future reference, this is a terrible way to use spoiler tags. Do something like:

2nd Dungeon Spoiler:
The Maradame boss fight is gonna be the death of me
or just

And my experience with that fight:
This was a rough one. I died three times, all three times pretty far into the battle. In my last attempt, An was dead and I had no way to revive her. If I hadn't died so many times already I would have restarted because I didn't want her to lose out on that experience, but I was just so drained. I sure as hell stocked up on revives after that...

12BoM

I thought that was a perfectly fine way of using spoiler tags lol. If anything the "corrected" version is worse off

Dense as fuck

Could you elaborate, in the least spoiler way possible? Like, are there tons of interesting things to keep me engaged when not in a dungeon? P3 and P4 were fine in that regard bc it was addicting but tbh it was kind of all samey if that makes sense

Jintor

I thought that was a perfectly fine way of using spoiler tags lol. If anything the "corrected" version is worse off

well it's fine if you only want people who have finished all boss fights to read it since there's no other way of placing which boss fight it is...

artsi

I agree that if you use spoiler tags, it's good to mention either the dungeon or in-game day (or even month) you're talking about.

Bad (I have no idea if opening this would spoil me, as I'm still playing the game):
Spoiler from anywhere in the game
was super cool!

Good:
About 5/17 events:
Blah blah blah blah

12BoM

I let voiced dialogue play, but obviously with text I just breeze through it.

It's dope you are playing and enjoying but personally I'd hate to see everything that happens in the game without understanding a damn thing lol. Would absolutely ruin it for the english release

Jintor

I kinda wanna pick Dantis's mind what he thinks stuff is about just by playing without reading, but it's likely he/you already went to read up elsewhere, right?

not that i understand 100%, lmao.

aravuus

Saw a presumably real (and big) spoiler on reddit so I just said fuck it and started reading this thread too even though I was planning on staying in the dark.

Man I'm not even bummed about the spoiler any more after reading all these incredibly positive impressions. The game's gonna be fucking amazing!

12BoM

Saw a presumably real (and big) spoiler on reddit so I just said fuck it and started reading this thread too even though I was planning on staying in the dark.

Man I'm not even bummed about the spoiler any more after reading all these incredibly positive impressions. The game's gonna be fucking amazing!

Keep telling yourself that :p

Darksol

My favourite NPC without a coop link is probably
挙動不審な女子生徒

You're definitely underlevelled bu the sounds of things. I wiped the floor with him. Think I was around level 20?

I spent an in-game day grinding in that dungeon to get 2 levels (and there didn't seem to be a feasible way for me to get experience faster), putting me at 19 or 20, and even then it was quite the struggle. I guess it's because I'm playing on hard mode.

Okay, Mementos is really starting to confuse me. I've beaten the first two requests, and been given a third, but can't find the target in any of the 7 floors I have unlocked. Am I just meant to leave that mission for now and complete it once the door at the bottom floor unlocks?
You have to beat the second dungeon to unlock the next set of levels, which allows you to complete this request.

Could you elaborate, in the least spoiler way possible? Like, are there tons of interesting things to keep me engaged when not in a dungeon? P3 and P4 were fine in that regard bc it was addicting but tbh it was kind of all samey if that makes sense

I haven't even gotten to the point where you can just go and do anything during the day but from the mini map, there's lots of stores/locations you seem to be able to go to. in addition to the new things I've seen in trailers.

Beckx

Oh fuccccckkkkkkkk I thought this was dark but jesus christ it got real fucking dark

They do an amazing job making you hate this guy. Holy shit.

yeah, if this is the point I think you're talking about, yeah

i was finishing off the neutral route of SMTIV all weekend so only just got back to P5 late last night and whoa.
i never thought she would actually jump. i mean, damn.

Been living in Japan for 2.5 years and just now learned of this...... not sure if I'm mad or happy...

Edit -- bah, it's not free.
Been here for a year and just learned about it too lol. This will help out.

Just cleared the second dungeon and really liking this game. Though the cover system makes this game too easy to get a first strike. Not like it was difficult to get a first strike in the other games. The beginning of the second part of this game made me laugh pretty hard. Great first PS4 game for me,

And damn at everyone above 30 hours of playtime. I thought I was putting a lot of hours into it lol. Maybe I can put an hour or two tomorrow night. Why did they get rid of silver week? -.-

yeah, if this is the point I think you're talking about, yeah

i was finishing off the neutral route of SMTIV all weekend so only just got back to P5 late last night and whoa.
i never thought she would actually jump. i mean, damn.

Homie, stick a date or something on that spoiler. That's mid April-ish, yeah?

We collectively need to work on our spoiler tag game.

Jintor

If someone can clear up something re Ann and the first target I'd be grateful.
what are the specifics of whatever he was making her do? I got the gist it that he was basically using the other girl as leverage to make her do... something... but I didn't quite catch it.

_Ryo_

Why are the Personas blue-ish in battle?

I had this same thought last night.

Also, I like the ambushed battle POV more than the default. You can actually see the personas attack animations more clearly, and they're not as obscured as much by the UI menus.

Dantis

Dungeon 4's music is fucking tremendous. Holy crap.

Dungeon music in general is a huge step up from P4. This one right here is DDS style Meguro.

Lynx_7

I think I asked this before but didn't see any answers, so I'll ask it again: how are the sidequests in this game? Mundane stuff like "pick thing for me there. Rainy days, is cool" or is it more involved with stuff like optional bosses and little storylines like Day Breakers would have me believe?

Also is there any successor to Funky Studen? Rocky Student? Jazzy Student? This is important. He must not be forgotten.

Gonna be getting Apocalypse tomorrow so that'll make the wait easier.
For like a month. >_>

muteki

I had this same thought last night.

Also, I like the ambushed battle POV more than the default. You can actually see the personas attack animations more clearly, and they're not as obscured as much by the UI menus.
Yeah, I definitely feel like when it comes to spell casting/persona activation that we may have lost a bit too much. I can understand not wanting to see the same long animation over and over but it is really streamlined here. There is a happy medium in between there I think.

Ask me again after 30 or so hours and I'll probably feel different though.

I'm getting through ok with my lowly N3~N2ish knowledge. There are a few scenes where the text will auto-advance that I struggle a bit with and some interesting less-than-common Kanji I run into here and there (訊く)but having a ton of fun. I really need the practice more than anything at this point and the game is great motivation.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah, I definitely feel like when it comes to spell casting/persona activation that we may have lost a bit too much. I can understand not wanting to see the same long animation over and over but it is really streamlined here. There is a happy medium in between there I think.

Sad to hear. I loved all the little Persona animations in P4.

raven777

I am happy with Persona summoning. It's very fast and fluid. You don't get to see the Persona directly much but being able to see it in Critical is pretty good enough for me.

Also love how the menus are mapped to face buttons. It feels very fluid and fast to attack compared to the past for me.

Shifting through Persona is also very cool.

If someone can clear up something re Ann and the first target I'd be grateful.
what are the specifics of whatever he was making her do? I got the gist it that he was basically using the other girl as leverage to make her do... something... but I didn't quite catch it.
He was pressuring her to sleep with him in exchange for keeping her friend on the team. I'm not sure whether she actually did one time - I think no. She kept telling him that she was feeling unwell to put it off. Then he raped her friend. Yeah.

Lunar15

Dungeon 4's music is fucking tremendous. Holy crap.

Dungeon music in general is a huge step up from P4. This one right here is DDS style Meguro.

DDS style Meguro

EJnC9.gif

Hold me.

Lunar15

It's Meguro's jazz guitar riffing. You'll love it.

Something I haven't seen anyone mention is that tracks are full length now. They're not like 90 second loops.

I can't handle this, I have to wait 5 more months for this.

Why John Hardin, why!?

Dantis

There's a lot more guitar and a lot less vocals in the OST than I was expecting.

Compared to Hirata, Lyn is barely used.

I think I asked this before but didn't see any answers, so I'll ask it again: how are the sidequests in this game? Mundane stuff like "pick thing for me there. Rainy days, is cool" or is it more involved with stuff like optional bosses and little storylines like Day Breakers would have me believe?

I think both are in the game .. the regular sidequests for you and your social link and the quests ( as thieves ) that is more like the daybreakers anime.

Lunar15

There's a lot more guitar and a lot less vocals in the OST than I was expecting.

Compared to Hirata, Lyn is barely used.

She had made some comments in an earlier interview that made me wonder about this.

I'm not necessarily opposed to this: most of my favorite Meguro songs are not vocal songs.

Sn4ke_911

Does Persona 5 have as much downtime as Persona 4 in between dungeons?

artsi

Does Persona 5 have as much downtime as Persona 4 in between dungeons?

Might be a bit less, I don't think you can just endurance run the shit out of dungeons in one night anymore. At least I feel so with the first ones, it takes more time to prepare and you need to go back to real world to do some stuff.

Sn4ke_911

Might be a bit less, I don't think you can just endurance run the shit out of dungeons in one night anymore. At least I feel so with the first ones, it takes more time to prepare and you need to go back to real world to do some stuff.

Sounds good, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom