• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.JayZii

Banned
Does anyone know if you can fuse Izanagi and Orpheus later in the game without buying them as dlc? I think it was Shouta I saw fuse an Izanzagi on his stream, but I wasn't sure if he could only do that because he had bought the dlc persona already. It would be cool if they were just added to the pantheon.

_Ryo_

From what I've seen of the battle system, Persona 5 proves without a doubt that turned based systems are still viable in 2016, can be modernized and remain fun.

I prefer the P5 battle button layout by far. It speeds things up a bunch and takes no time to get used to.

Press R1 to automatically switch to a persona the game suggests will have advantage againt the enemy is the biggest change for me. It make battles fly through so fast. No more having to go to a menu to read cards to find the appropriate persona. It practically plays itself!

The demon negotiation stuff I am not a fan of though.

Jintor

I don't like demon negotiation right now because I have no idea what I'm doing lol

i'm sure that will change in the future maybe

Is it better to ask them for money? I've been asking for items every time I didn't need a new persona.

I almost always get elemental resist or HP recovery items when I ask for items; it'd only be worth it IMO if you're likely to get SP recovery items or needed materials. I've taken to asking for money when there's only one enemy or if the battle will take more than one group attack; and just killing them if there are multiple enemies that will get wiped out all at once. As a result I finished the first dungeon with everyone wearing the best equipment in every slot, and over 30,000 yen to spare (before the money you get during Silver Week, so as to avoid confusion).

I don't like demon negotiation right now because I have no idea what I'm doing lol

i'm sure that will change in the future maybe

Take the time to actually break down and understand the dialogues. They repeat the same questions and responses within the same families/archetypes, so you'll get a lot of passive grammar/vocab drilling practice if you're actually reading the stuff each time.

I almost always get elemental resist or HP recovery items when I ask for items; it'd only be worth it IMO if you're likely to get SP recovery items or needed materials. I've taken to asking for money when there's only one enemy or if the battle will take more than one group attack; and just killing them if there are multiple enemies that will get wiped out all at once. As a result I finished the first dungeon with everyone wearing the best equipment in every slot, and over 30,000 yen to spare (before the money you get during Silver Week, so as to avoid confusion).

Yeah I'd been asking for items on the off chance that there were rare items you could only obtain through demon negotiation. After all this time, though, nothing so far.

Guess I'm switching to money.

Jintor

Take the time to actually break down and understand the dialogues. They repeat the same questions and responses within the same families/archetypes, so you'll get a lot of passive grammar/vocab drilling practice if you're actually reading the stuff each time.

Yeah, I only unlocked hold up/negotiation after like 8 hours straight playing/doing other stuff (cooking, ridding a wall of bees etc) so my study capacity was pretty low by that point. lol.

Actually not having voiced dialogue for those sections actually makes it harder to study since I can't just try and listen-lookup words

Beckx

Yeah, I only unlocked hold up/negotiation after like 8 hours straight playing/doing other stuff (cooking, ridding a wall of bees etc) so my study capacity was pretty low by that point. lol.

Actually not having voiced dialogue for those sections actually makes it harder to study since I can't just try and listen-lookup words

like 8 hours straight playing/doing other stuff (cooking, ridding a wall of bees etc) so my study capacity was pretty low by that point. lol.

ridding a wall of bees

...as one does...

Jintor

listen

if you have bees in a place you don't want bees, sometimes you have to drop important things to do a slightly more important thing so you don't have bees in your house.

Soriku

Anyone else beside me think that the main character looks like Raidou Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner?

CSgh0MP.png

Soriku

You guys seriously feel spoiled by a simple cameo costume (which will be available for purchase, can't exactly hide it at that point)? I don't see anyone complaining about spoilers for Tales game costumes (cameo or otherwise) or any other game, so what makes this game different?

DNAbro

I pointed out earlier that costumes are DLC. You aren't really getting spoiled on anything other than what you might pay Atlus for.

You guys seriously feel spoiled by a simple cameo costume? I don't see anyone complaining about spoilers for Tales game costumes (cameo or otherwise) or any game, so what makes this game different?

Spoilers seem to be everything these days. I was getting psyched for a group I was seeing in concert last month, and people kept saying no spoilers for the set list of songs, lol. Had no idea songs being played could be a spoiler.

Lunar15

At first I was worried about costumes being spoilers, but yeah if it's DLC I don't really care. Atlus USA will probably promote them before launch anyway.

Soriku

Spoilers seem to be everything these days. I was getting psyched for a group I was seeing in concert last month, and people kept saying no spoilers for the set list of songs, lol. Had no idea songs being played could be a spoiler.

I can kinda see why people might have an issue with that if certain songs are unexpected and people wanna leave the surprise for when the song gets played.

But paid cameo costumes? Don't be ridiculous plz.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I've seen. I've seen (will spoil this time so no bitching)
SMT IV
costumes though, plus
SMT If

Also haven't seen Nocturne or DDS (yet?) unfortunately.

Got anymore non-spoiler images of them? And do these ones change the battle music too?

Lynx_7

SMT IV
costumes though, plus
SMT If

Oh, that's unfortunate. Joker with DemiFiend's thingies on his body would be cool. I'm satisfied with the other two you mentioned though so no big deal. Samurai Thief let's go.

They need to include a Joker outfit for Joker though. Get on it, Atlus.

Got anymore non-spoiler images of them? And do these ones change the battle music too?
I'm pretty sure each costume set has their own battle theme.
SMT IV
costumes though, plus
SMT If

Wow spoiler much?
I was looking forward to playing the unreleased possible
Nocturne/DDS
costumes!
Ugh.
/s

You guys seriously feel spoiled by a simple cameo costume (which will be available for purchase, can't exactly hide it at that point)? I don't see anyone complaining about spoilers for Tales game costumes (cameo or otherwise) or any other game, so what makes this game different?

I pointed out earlier that costumes are DLC. You aren't really getting spoiled on anything other than what you might pay Atlus for.

It's a costume. It's not like it has any relevance to the plot.

Oh sorry I thought it was an unlockable in the game, I see spoilers everywhere nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom