• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the box on the shelf in your room, the costumes should be there. You get the DLC personas when you get access to the Compendium, but they're really over-leveled, so I'd leave them to later to avoid hindering your experience.

I'm not sure when my dlc costumes were available because I didn't bother to check for the longest time. If the cat isn't even with you -- just keep playing. Everything will resolve itself in time.

Thanks both. Im currently stuck at finding
the witness
after Ryuji
awoke his own persona when i was in the castle before
. The
volleyball thing happened and im currently stuck lol

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks both. Im currently stuck at finding
the witness
after Ryuji
awoke his own persona when i was in the castle before
. The
volleyball thing happened and im currently stuck lol

Speak to members of the volleyball club. I believe the first one is on the bottom floor inside classroom 3-C, and then another in the second floor outside one of the classrooms, and a final one on the third floor. Ryuji tells you where the next one will be after you speak to one anyway.

Also, entirely unrelated comment: Everytime I think the game's soundtrack can't get any better, it somehow manages to.

Speak to members of the volleyball club. I believe the first one is on the bottom floor inside classroom 3-C, and then another in the second floor outside one of the classrooms, and a final one on the third floor. Ryuji tells you where the next one will be after you speak to one anyway.

Also, entirely unrelated comment: Everytime I think the game's soundtrack can't get any better, it somehow manages to.

Thanks i was missing
one person near 1c. sorted. :)

Yea I agree about the OST

Depending on how tired you are, you can sometimes do things at night before bed. If in doubt, try it out -- attempt to read a book, work out, meet someone, etc. If Morgana shoots that down, go to bed.

Man, related to this, I hate Morgana. When it was previously just the protagonist going "I'm too tired" when trying to do an activity at night that was fine. But in P5 having it always be that クソ猫 telling me "no, you should go to bed" really irritates me. Especially with how many nights you get Mona-blocked...

artsi

Man, related to this, I hate Morgana. When it was previously just the protagonist going "I'm too tired" when trying to do an activity at night that was fine. But in P5 having it always be that クソ猫 telling me "no, you should go to bed" really irritates me. Especially with how many nights you get Mona-blocked...

Yeah I like Morgana otherwise as a character, but he's always acting like my mom lol.

MC: "Ok I'd like to go to gym"
Morgana: "Exercise is good but PAY FOR IT? No way dude, go do some pull-ups at home."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Anyone else buy the P5 20th PSN Special Edition and can't listen to the 20th Anniversary OST that you can download? It keeps giving me a /MUSIC folder not detected error. I have the Bloodborne Mini-OST that works, but my Dark Souls 3 OST download is also giving me the same "/MUSIC folder not found" error. Tried to look around for a solution, but all I'm finding is stuff about people who try to play music from their USB storage.

Darksol

Yeah I like Morgana otherwise as a character, but he's always acting like my mom lol.

MC: "Ok I'd like to go to gym"
Morgana: "Exercise is good but PAY FOR IT? No way dude, go do some pull-ups at home."

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Protein and pull ups all because a talking cat doesn't like how I spend my money.

chamjin

Neo Member
If you are getting the dl version of the game, get it from hong kong psn not up psn. It's same jp version but cheaper. It was $70

Next Zeboyd rpg with a button-based menu confirmed? :p

Honestly, I strongly considered a button-based menu for our current game. In the end, I decided against it for a few reasons (like the fact that we've mostly been PC-focused so far & the absence of default moves like Attack in this game), but I'm definitely going to consider it again for the next game.

Jintor

Cleared the first dungeon, now waiting around for the 'results'. Now trying to explore social links... which involves a lot of reading... which is imposing its own 'wait until x day' on this because I can only comprehend so much in a day...

muteki

Still in early days, with short bite sized trips to dungeons. So much better than the equivalent time frame in P4. I was a little worried however, once I got my second party member that I wouldn't be able to give direct commands, then I found the menu.

They have done a sufficent job in making me despise Kamoshida though, wow.

Also question for those further ahead, are there many days where your morning commute is "abbreviated"? This morning it skipped the Shibuya transfer and I'm wondering if that is more typical or if you get the full commute most days.

Shouta

I have 76 hours on the clock and I'm only on the 5th dungeon...

Translation sure eats up a lot of my time, lol

Going live again.

Zolo

Going live again.

For what it's worth, it's greatly appreciated, though feel free to just start playing the game if that's preferable. At least my two cents.

Logash

So is there a reason why game recording is disabled for this entire game? Is it because it's a Japanese game on a US account or is recording disabled on purpose?

Can I ask something real quick? When Ryuji keeps saying マジ, should I interpret it as "Seriously?" or something along these lines?

Logash

lots of Japanese games do it I think. Tales of games block share, Yakuza games block on main game, and unlocks it for free adventure mode I think.

Interesting. This is news to me. I mean I'm not upset about or anything but I have never heard of that.

yeah usually.

it means "Really?" or something like that. It's usually expressed in reaction to some sort of information.
Thanks! He's been saying it an awful lot till now :D

After a little more than 4 hours, I got to the first safe house. This is gonna take a while. I'm definitely not at the right level to fully understand the dialogue, but I'm able to get the the gist of it at least. I'd say I'm understanding about 70% of the line I encountered till now, with some exceptions. Could be worse I guess.

convo

Going live again.

I greatly appreciate that you do! It feels so nice knowing the gist of things. Had the free time to devour your stream for the last week, haven't binged this hard since highschool.
Non-stop extortion chains were one of the highlights of the stream for sure.

To the poster above me. No one is going to click on your spoiler and be able to answer because you've used spoiler tags in a way that makes it impossible to tell what it's about without reading the spoiler. Trust me, I'm an expert (I've gotten a 2 day ban for it before).

I'd recommend adding something like [spoilers up to 5/15] or something similar before the spoiler tag.

Ken

To the poster above me. No one is going to click on your spoiler and be able to answer because you've used spoiler tags in a way that makes it impossible to tell what it's about without reading the spoiler. Trust me, I'm an expert (I've gotten a 2 day ban for it before).

I'd recommend adding something like [spoilers up to 5/15] or something similar before the spoiler tag.

Oh ok.

bluethree

Yeah a fair bit of the play time is going to be looking stuff up if you're not a native speaker. I don't get how there are some posters who don't know *any* Japanese enjoying this - I'm at a fairly high level and I still have to look up a lot of stuff (my google docs file with vocab is around 15 pages).

Then again, I did go through Innocent Sin after a year of the language...

ubiblu

Silly question, but how do I equip the DLC costumes? I grabbed them from the shelf but can't find them anywhere in the menus. Do I have to wait until I travel to HJK?

Yeah a fair bit of the play time is going to be looking stuff up if you're not a native speaker. I don't get how there are some posters who don't know *any* Japanese enjoying this - I'm at a fairly high level and I still have to look up a lot of stuff (my google docs file with vocab is around 15 pages).

Then again, I did go through Innocent Sin after a year of the language...

Yeah, I've added ~300 new words to my Anki deck over the 12.5 hours I've played. That + repeating sentences regularly means I'm probably playing at about half the speed of a native speaker. Maybe less? I'm happy with my pace thus far (this is my first text-heavy Japanese game after all), but it's going to take a long time.

Logash

Can anyone help me out really quick? I am at what I think is the end of the first dungeon and idk what to do.
I just walked into the throne room and I walked back to a room where there is treasure everywhere and something is floating in the middle. It teleported me to entrance of the dungeon.

Ken

Can anyone help me out really quick? I am at what I think is the end of the first dungeon and idk what to do.
I just walked into the throne room and I walked back to a room where there is treasure everywhere and something is floating in the middle. It teleported me to entrance of the dungeon.

i exited and the next day hold a meeting on the roof. then there's a few events that should lead you back to the dungeon

You need to
send Kamoshida a warning letter before the floating glowing thing takes a form. You send the warning letter from the group's hideout on the school roof.

Is this your first time entering that room? You have to leave the dungeon to do the next part the following day that allows you to continue.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So I am nearing the end of dungeon 3, and there is a trophy that a lot of people seem to have gotten before this point. The trophy in question is
敏腕ネゴシエーター: 敵の脅迫から人質を無事に救出した. So I am supposed to save a hostage/prisoner from an enemy? Where can I do this? Is it in the memento dungeons?

Jintor

Yeah, I've added ~300 new words to my Anki deck over the 12.5 hours I've played. That + repeating sentences regularly means I'm probably playing at about half the speed of a native speaker. Maybe less? I'm happy with my pace thus far (this is my first text-heavy Japanese game after all), but it's going to take a long time.

I can only handle like 20 new words p/day so this is gonna take a while...

Rpgmonkey

Finally finished the first dungeon/arc. Pretty satisfying conclusion.

Cool game so far. The changes/improvements they made make this more my cup of tea compared to the last two.

So I am nearing the end of dungeon 3, and there is a trophy that a lot of people seem to have gotten before this point. The trophy in question is
敏腕ネゴシエーター: 敵の脅迫から人質を無事に救出した. So I am supposed to save a hostage/prisoner from an enemy? Where can I do this? Is it in the memento dungeons?

Sometimes an enemy will take a character hostage if they knock them down, killing them if you fail at the negotiation.
The trophy is for successfully negotiating their release. Doesn't seem like there's a specific time frame for it

how does fast travel work? seems like i can only go between current floor and the one above

There are safe areas , see that small subway station once you've finished the mementos first ( and story mission ) ? It's a safe place.

Once you are in a safe place , you can use R1 and travel between those places.
If you're not , R1 will make you travel between "floors".

So for exemple , you've completed a mementos mission , you could continue exploring untill you get the next safe place , then teleport back to the Entrance, overall it works like the regular dongeon in structure.

During any battle
An enemy can take a party member hostage if their weakness is hit. It's basically Hold Up in reverse. You need to defuse the situation via negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom