• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Kinda sad that they went full monetizing the costumes instead of making them unlockables :/

Oh well it's Sega a company who charge money for extra blood in Total War games.

Events on the 5/6 ( Friday )

Why am i not surprised
That the principal that let that stupid sport teacher loose on the school grounds is a manipulative asshole too ? Even if you say is while smiling a threat is a threat.

Soriku

Speaking of DLC...not to give Atlus any ideas per se...I wouldn't mind story DLC down the road. If it fits though. It's either that or wait however many years until Persona 6.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Events on the 5/6 ( Friday )

Why am i not surprised
That the principal that let that stupid sport teacher loose on the school grounds is a manipulative asshole too ? Even if you say is while smiling a threat is a threat.

Eggman has always been a shady fella.

Eggman has always been a shady fella.
As i said , not surprised AT ALL.

I'm more concerned of this
sensei that keep popping up. And i still have put together the train derail with the current events. ( Was actually surprised when they brought it up at the start of may )
Hopefully the month of may will be less stressfull than april.

..who am i kidding .. it's a persona game, i'm pretty sure things are going to escalate.

Don't laugh but i called my group , the
Hope Hunters
. My naming sense sucks , but i'm fine with it.

Darksol

I'm at work and the school bell just rang. My first thought was whether I should go to the dungeon or meet up with Ann.

This game has taken over my life.

I started watching a youtube video of a playthrough of this, just to see how much of the Japanese I might be able to understand. I still have a long way to go, so much kanji that just doesn't look familiar, and words I've never heard.

But god damn that music is so good xD and just the visual flair, and style of this game...so many devs could learn a thing or two from these games about presentation.

aitakute

Any point asking enemies for item? Also, what is the best way to get money? I keep asking demons to join because I don't want to waste money to re-summon them

Ken

where do i find anne in the world? apparently she's supposed to be at the underground mall but i don't see her.

raven777

where do i find anne in the world? apparently she's supposed to be at the underground mall but i don't see her.

she is in underground mall. I had trouble finding it first myself. you have to go inside deep where they sell girl's stuff.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Spoilers for late May:
Okay so what's up with Makoto? She's been following me around school while pretending she's reading for at least a week.

Jintor

Is there a mechanics guide somewhere? I just ran into the hostage mechanic and... yeah. wut

though i'd settle for a cheap way to get SP back in the first dungeon

Zukuu

Banned
Is there a time limit for each floor? e.g. like P3's Reaper?
Any new Personas apart from the character specific Personas?

aravuus

Oh yeah, demon negotiation. Ugh. What do you primarily get out of it? Money and items?

... It's not central to getting new persona... Right?

Ken

Oh yeah, demon negotiation. Ugh. What do you primarily get out of it? Money and items?

Outside of fusion I haven't encountered other ways to get persona besides negotiation yet so...

It's the only way to get new persona. Shuffle time is gone. It's also a very good way to boost your cash intake so that you can actually afford to buy top level equipment without having to spend days working part time jobs.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a time limit for each floor? e.g. like P3's Reaper?
Any new Personas apart from the character specific Personas?

In Mementos the reaper will appear if you linger to long, they warn you about it when you first visit. Based on that, I'd assume that it doesn't spawn in the story dungeons though.

though i'd settle for a cheap way to get SP back in the first dungeon
Do the co-op with the owner of ルブラン, use the thing it unlocks. It only generates one item and eats up a whole evening, but it also gains co-op points with him (and maybe improves a stat? I forget).

Guru-Guru

Banned
She's always just standing outside one of the stores. It really isn't hard to see her. However, some days she won't be there, so remember to check on the map (press R1 twice, then square on Shibuya) to see if cooperation with her is available.

I dont play many rpgs, but watched the trailer for this and it looks interesting. The last rpgs that i tried were rented from gamefly. I think they were tales of zestiria and another game called mega dimensions or something like that. I really didnt enjoy them that much. Is this game similar to those? Thanks

artsi

How do you unlock the trophy for making an infiltration tool? I have made a ton of lockpicks and it hasn't popped yet.

I wonder if it's a bug or I'm missing something.

I dont play many rpgs, but watched the trailer for this and it looks interesting. The last rpgs that i tried were rented from gamefly. I think they were tales of zestiria and another game called mega dimensions or something like that. I really didnt enjoy them that much. Is this game similar to those? Thanks

Persona is similar to the tales games in terms of being character focused, but that's pretty much the only similarity. Have no idea what that other game is.

Darksol

How do you unlock the trophy for making an infiltration tool? I have made a ton of lockpicks and it hasn't popped yet.

I make a lot of stuff and haven't encountered one either. Dunno.

Spoilers for late May:
Okay so what's up with Makoto? She's been following me around school while pretending she's reading for at least a week.

You'll see :)

Darksol

Im like 5 hours in. Do I need to do anything before bed when I get back to the cafe? or just sleep

Save your game :p

Depending on how tired you are, you can sometimes do things at night before bed. If in doubt, try it out -- attempt to read a book, work out, meet someone, etc. If Morgana shoots that down, go to bed.

Gu4n

The trophy description reads 潜入道具を自分で全種類作成した, so I guess you´ll have to make at least one of each tool.

Demon negotiation is pretty easy. The questions are fairly normal and you only need to answer two, unlike Strange Journey where all the philosophical questioning led me into wondering about the meaning of life.

aitakute

How do you increase the number of skills a persona can inherit by fusion? My friend got 4 skills while I only got 3 fusing same persona using same materials

Darksol

7/18 small detail I appreciated. Tiny spoiler at best.

Several people on the train wearing yukata for the upcoming hanabi.

I think I asked this before but didn't see any answers, so I'll ask it again: how are the sidequests in this game? Mundane stuff like "pick thing for me there. Rainy days, is cool" or is it more involved with stuff like optional bosses and little storylines like Day Breakers would have me believe?

Also is there any successor to Funky Studen? Rocky Student? Jazzy Student? This is important. He must not be forgotten.

Gonna be getting Apocalypse tomorrow so that'll make the wait easier.
For like a month. >_>
So far Mementos quests have been rather boring, it's just visit Mementos and beat the boss. Social links are far more interesting now, you're not always spending time just talking :)

_Ryo_

From what I've watched so far, acquiring Persona from negotiating is for the most part, super easy.

No spoilers, just gameplay mechanics below.But if you considering gameplay mechanics spoilers ill tag it just in case.

You pick, "Give me your power" and then answer a shadows two questions or comments. You only have to answer one of the questions correctly to aquire the persona. So it is literally 50/50 chance of gaining a persona just by picking a random response,even if you don't knkw what you're doing. If you do happen to know what the shadow wants to hear, which is often obvious then it is all that much easier.Sometimes a persona might be too strong or runaway though. I think.

Not only that, acquiring Persona via negotiations the extra benefit of you not having to gain Persona by random cards so you never have to get a duplicate Persona, you only go for the ones you want.

I've only seen up to the first dungeon so far so I dunno if all this changes later on but yeah, neogotiations don't look like any trouble, at all.

Save your game :p

Depending on how tired you are, you can sometimes do things at night before bed. If in doubt, try it out -- attempt to read a book, work out, meet someone, etc. If Morgana shoots that down, go to bed.
Morgana isn't even with me lol. Also when do I get access to the dlc costumes and personas?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Morgana isn't even with me lol. Also when do I get access to the dlc costumes and personas?

Check the box on the shelf in your room, the costumes should be there. You get the DLC personas when you get access to the Compendium, but they're really over-leveled, so I'd leave them to later to avoid hindering your experience.

Darksol

I'm not sure when my dlc costumes were available because I didn't bother to check for the longest time. If the cat isn't even with you -- just keep playing. Everything will resolve itself in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom