• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Sometimes an enemy will take a character hostage if they knock them down, killing them if you fail at the negotiation.
The trophy is for successfully negotiating their release. Doesn't seem like there's a specific time frame for it

During any battle
An enemy can take a party member hostage if their weakness is hit. It's basically Hold Up in reverse. You need to defuse the situation via negotiation.
Ahhh, I see! Thanks for the help.

Gu4n

Haven't been able to play for two days and the first thing ever related Persona 5 I googled resulted in a spoiler. The Internet is a minefield out there, guys.

ranmafan

So on a scale of good to ludicrously good, how would the people playing rate it so far?

Gotta say ludicrously good as well. It's a game I really don't want to stop playing. It's amazing! Thankfully tomorrow is a Japanese holiday which will give me more time to play!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Aw damn. And I'll only have the OST to contend myself with for 5 months. :(

From what I've heard so far though the OST is top notch. My ranking will probably go P5>=P3>>P4.

Darksol

Gotta say ludicrously good as well. It's a game I really don't want to stop playing. It's amazing! Thankfully tomorrow is a Japanese holiday which will give me more time to play!

I don't even know what holiday it is I just know that I'm glad I have it off too. Time to spend an entire day playing again!

2nd dungeon spoiler

is it possible to retry the rare shadow that came out of the gold cup?

I found it again in one of the random sculptures you're able to break open for treasure.

Haven't been able to play for two days and the first thing ever related Persona 5 I googled resulted in a spoiler. The Internet is a minefield out there, guys.
Same thing happened to me. It was a link to tvtropes and a spoiler was just casually thrown in the results completely irrelevant to what I was looking for.

bluethree

I have both thursday and friday off and will be playing all day :) Going traveling over the weekend but will get right back into it after that.

Playing super slow. 10 hours in save file and i just did the
library book puzzle FUCK THIS SHIT
in the first dungeon. Not sure how much I have left in this dungeon.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the consensus so far guys? Has Persona 4 been dethroned?

Without a doubt. It's better in every possible way. The story, characters, gameplay, music, you name it.

Kanann

2nd dungeon spoiler

is it possible to retry the rare shadow that came out of the gold cup?

They are also wondering at Mementos. There, you can use bait (hoihoi) to lure them, and they will respond after almost every fight.

Shouta

I'm starting the run to the end of the game and depending on how things unravel from here, this game could easily be in my best games of all time list, not just RPGs.

It is essentially the Witcher 3 of Persona games in terms of overall quality.

Persona 4 is my game of forever and 5 beats it hands down
I'm feeling the exact same - generally just really impressed with the themes and characters, which prove that as intriguing as a college setting would be, there's still lots of room to work with in high school for story.

Thank god for the holiday tomorrow, starting to wish I took Friday off too ;P

hotsoup

And here I was thinking I was playing too slowly, 35hrs in and only finished 3 months of the game.

Anyone else thinks that there are too many nighttime co-ops? Hierophant, Hanged Man, Fortune, Star, Sun, Moon, Devil, Temperance. And what's worse is most of these have better passive co-op skills that those that happen in day time. Night is turning out to be more important that day in this game, unlike P3/P4.

Yu Narukami

I'm starting the run to the end of the game and depending on how things unravel from here, this game could easily be in my best games of all time list, not just RPGs.

Sounds amazing. Are there interesting plot twists à la Kiseki?

Glad you have enjoyed it so much.

How does it compare in terms of fan service/general maturity level to P3 or 4?

Man, man, man, these impressions <3. February can be cold, grey and depressing. Can't wait to stay inside, bundle up and play some Persona 5.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Protag gets his phone out of his right pocket using his right hand, but the hand holding it on the UI is a left hand.
Shit game.

Ok noob question. So far I've only had one chance to negotiate barring the tutorial and I hit attack by mistake. Am I doing something wrong during combat? Mostly one shotting or some enemies take a few hits.

raven777

Ok noob question. So far I've only had one chance to negotiate barring the tutorial and I hit attack by mistake. Am I doing something wrong during combat? Mostly one shotting or some enemies take a few hits.

you need all the enemy in down state by hitting their weak points or critical hit.

Ken

I found it again in one of the random sculptures you're able to break open for treasure.

Same thing happened to me. It was a link to tvtropes and a spoiler was just casually thrown in the results completely irrelevant to what I was looking for.

They are also wondering at Mementos. There, you can use bait (hoihoi) to lure them, and they will respond after almost every fight.

Do they just give extra exp and money?

Ken

They are special also because they have a special set of skills like
8 Maha skills or 8 Status altering skills, etc
You can thus use them for fusion and inherit those more easily.

:eek: i see.

also unrelated early may music spoiler
beneath the mask vocals ver. when

It does seem a bit strange than there's less voice acting than even Ao no Kiseki on the PSP (Trails), which was more or less consistently there for story scenes if I remember correctly. Persona should be a bigger series ...

It doesn't bother me though.

artsi

It does seem a bit strange than there's less voice acting than even Ao no Kiseki on the PSP (Trails), which was more or less consistently there for story scenes if I remember correctly. Persona should be a bigger series ...

It doesn't bother me though.

Yeah, it's pretty much my one and only complaint about the game. Doesn't make it any worse as a package, but I'm just surprised.

I really hated
Yusuke
and when I found he would join my party I was like god noooo!

But after a few days (real time, not game time) now he is starting to grow on me.

All the other party member so far I loved from the start.

Protag gets his phone out of his right pocket using his right hand, but the hand holding it on the UI is a left hand.
Shit game.

You joke, but now that you mentioned something I may not have noticed at all, it will irritate me to no end...and this will be harder to forget than the couple end game spoilers I stumbled upon.

bigjig

I really hated
Yusuke
and when I found he would join my party I was like god noooo!

But after a few days (real time, not game time) now he is starting to grow on me.

All the other party member so far I loved from the start.

Same, I loved his persona design from the start though.

Please guys tell me once you finish Persona 5 if it has a better ending than Persona 3.

Nothing has beaten that ending for me from an emotional standpoint. If it gets beaten then that'll be a huge achievement for me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom