• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Atlus would get on the PS2/PS4 classics train...I'd love to replay Persona 3 or 4 with trophies to cope with the wait for US release.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I loved P3 more than P4, it's good to hear P5 is awesome. Oh man, if I had learned Japanese for FF13 it wouldn't have been a waste. So looking forward to it.

That's great to hear then since I always start in the hardest setting available!
How are the boss fights so far? I hope there are a few creative ones like Shadow Mitsuo or some of the unique "gimmick" bosses from Nocturne (shadow clone oni, the three sisters of fate, etc).

I've been playing on Hard. Mind you it took me about 60 hours of gameplay to get to this point where I think grinding mobs is easy. They were still dangerous when I first entered the dungeon.

I think you'll love the bosses in this game. :)

Jintor

i've game overed a few times in the first dungeon but i wasn't paying attention or i gravely overestimated the amount of health i have

Normal isn't a cakewalk by any means.. My entire party has been wiped more than a few times and Anne has been spending far too much time face down on the ground (rip). But I'm making it hard on myself by not grinding in mementos in between dungeons like I would in P3 or P4, upgrading weapons and armor only when I can get everyone new stuff in one trip, and using Arsene. I'm nearly done with the third dungeon for reference.

I've game overed exactly once. I meant to cast bufu but derped and physically attacked. The bufu would've knocked the last enemy down for a quick all out attack victory. Instead, the enemy left standing crits, and then the downed enemies get up one by one and proceed to crit my party into oblivion. Only lost like a half hour of progress thankfully, but man I had to bite back the salt.

GSR

is there a easy mode?

Yep, as well as an extra-easy mode ("Safety") where you can just resume a battle if you get a game over. But if you pick Safety you can't switch later. Otherwise you can freely swap around difficulties.

Playing on normal through the first dungeon I think I game overed once (when I got ambushed by a high-level mob and I was basically out of SP for the character that could down them.)

raven777

I am playing on easy and it just feels about right for me in the beginning, and now it's starting to feel just a tiny bit easy.

I wish easy mode would give you more money than normal... You need to go down to safety if you want extra money.

Gu4n

I am playing on easy and it just feels about right for me in the beginning, and now it's starting to feel just a tiny bit easy.

I wish easy mode would give you more money than normal... You need to go down to safety if you want extra money.
Isn't there an option in the Options to change the difficulty setting?

raven777

Isn't there an option in the Options to change the difficulty setting?

yes, but if you choose safety, you cannot go back to any other difficulty again. Once you choose safety (either in the very beginning of the game, or anytime during the game), you are stuck on safety until the end.

Mawarup

Neo Member
I would google this but in fear of related persona 5 stuff I am going to just ask here, is there an option to choose what you want in relation of what bonuses you wanted in a playthrough like more gold or more exp? I don't remember if its a new game+ option in P4G or it was from the get-go.

It always does feel like a minor milestone in every SMT game when I get my first Jack Frost.

And this reminded me of something I hadn't seen in awhile so I went digging. He's a little dusty, but here's Kuzunoha Rai...ho.

eYbFZhB.png

Definitely one of the better bonuses I've ever gotten with a game.

Shengar

It always does feel like a minor milestone in every SMT game when I get my first Jack Frost.

And this reminded me of something I hadn't seen in awhile so I went digging. He's a little dusty, but here's Kuzunoha Rai...ho.

I must break in into your house and steal this.

Sorry. I've marked it now. I wouldn't have considered that a spoiler, personally. The trailers basically reveal the order of who joins when.

I do appreciate for the tag, though. I didn't watch any of the pre-release promotional stuff and am early-June in the game and not sure who will be joining the party going forward. When it became clear the most recent addition would join it was a nice surprise. Hopefully future members will be as nice a surprise.

Unrelated, but a couple of the "romance" options are a bit surprising. Nothing evolutionary but definitely a step beyond P4.

Gu4n

Got around playing a bit again last night. Absolutely loved the dialogues (and animations) at 6/11.

What really sets this game apart from its predecessors is that it somehow feels more mature, more intelligent. There is a lot happening at the same time and in the background, which makes it more realistically complex than a bunch of teenagers jumping in a TV to save the world. I don't really know how to put it into words -- yet.

Got around playing a bit again last night. Absolutely loved the dialogues (and animations) at 6/11.

What really sets this game apart from its predecessors is that it somehow feels more mature, more intelligent. There is a lot happening at the same time and in the background, which makes it more realistically complex than a bunch of teenagers jumping in a TV to save the world. I don't really know how to put it into words -- yet.

I agree it's hard to put it into words, but I feel the exact same way.

Not sure if this has been asked before or if this is going into spoiler territory but does raising social links affect anything other than allowing you to fuse or create higher Personas? I know P3/4 higher S.Links meant they would be able to do additional things during battles like "Sacrifice" themselves but other than that it didn't really do much.

Like if you were to S.Link w/someone to a specific level before an important moment in the game would it affect what that person says to you or the outcome? I guess what I'm trying to say is, does raising S.Links affect anything outside of battle?

Gu4n

Not sure if this has been asked before or if this is going into spoiler territory but does raising social links affect anything other than allowing you to fuse or create higher Personas? I know P3/4 higher S.Links meant they would be able to do additional things during battles like "Sacrifice" themselves but other than that it didn't really do much.

Like if you were to S.Link w/someone to a specific level before an important moment in the game would it affect what that person says to you or the outcome? I guess what I'm trying to say is, does raising S.Links affect anything outside of battle?
Yes, there are abilities per Social Link that unlock if you reach certain levels. For example, reaching Rank 1 with party members allows the Baton Touch in battles; increasing your Social Link with the Shinigami arcana increases the stock of the store.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, there are abilities per Social Link that unlock if you reach certain levels. For example, reaching Rank 1 with party members allows the Baton Touch in battles; increasing your Social Link with the Shinigami arcana increases the stock of the store.
While we're on the topic, I recommend everyone save 50k yen (rank Sun arcana for money) and rush the Shinigami arcana to rank 7 (or 5 if you have money to burn) asap. What it unlocks will potentially save you multiple days per dungeon.

raven777

Are you talking about party members specific I assume ? Yea they have a lot of different things depending on your co-op(social link) level.
Non-party member's co-op level also affect various things in your daily life activity. They have some really cool and important effects.

Hey everyone, I have some quick questions: 1) Can I buy SP recovering items anywhere? 2)Can bullets be "recharged" in any way? 3)Very minor spoiler for the first dungeon
Does the lock mean I have to go back later or am I missing some item?

raven777

Hey everyone, I have some quick questions: 1) Can I buy SP recovering items anywhere? 2)Can bullets be "recharged" in any way? 3)Very minor spoiler for the first dungeon
Does the lock mean I have to go back later or am I missing some item?

1) I saw SP healing items on vending machines. They restock after a week I think? Also you can make coffee and those recover SP I think.
2) I don't know about this.
3)
you have to make lock picks from your work table at home.

1) I saw SP healing items on vending machines. They restock after a week I think? Also you can make coffee and those recover SP I think.
2) I don't know about this.
3)
you have to make lock picks from your work table at home.
Thanks!
I thought the lock picks were only for chests. So that means I have to go out, make one in the evening and then come back the next day, right?

raven777

Thanks!
I thought the lock picks were only for chests. So that means I have to go out, make one in the evening and then come back the next day, right?

Oh you were talking about a door, not a chest? If it's door it means it can be unlocked with key within the dungeon or from the other side I think?

Are you talking about party members specific I assume ? Yea they have a lot of different things depending on your co-op(social link) level.
Non-party member's co-op level also affect various things in your daily life activity. They have some really cool and important effects.

Ahh that's good to hear and yeah I meant mostly for party members. So let's say you level up Yusuke's S.Link higher, in certain parts of the game will his dialogue be different towards you and will it unlock additional events?

Like, during S.Link events, if you're an ass to him will he treat you differently in-game?

Darksol

While we're on the topic, I recommend everyone save 50k yen (rank Sun arcana for money) and rush the Shinigami arcana to rank 7 (or 5 if you have money to burn) asap. What it unlocks will potentially save you multiple days per dungeon.

Guess I know what I'm ranking up next :p Just one rank from it.

raven777

Ahh that's good to hear and yeah I meant mostly for party members. So let's say you level up Yusuke's S.Link higher, in certain parts of the game will his dialogue be different towards you and will it unlock additional events?

Like, during S.Link events, if you're an ass to him will he treat you differently in-game?

I am not sure about this part yet since I am not that far with any of my members.

muteki

School seems a lot more cramped than Yasogami or Gekkoukan. Being in the city and better sense of scale/more realistic amounts of npcs I guess.

ヒーホー

ゲームクリア

pretty much lol

Oh damn. I need that!

getting jack frost was great

and then i used him as fusion material
MONSTER

Oh you were talking about a door, not a chest? If it's door it means it can be unlocked with key within the dungeon or from the other side I think?

I think you're right.

Also finally finished the first dungeon. Im not sure if I want to continue playing (I absolutely love it) or wait till feb now X_X

Well S-links affect pretty much every aspect of the game now.
S-link affects what appears in some stores , the amount of money you receive, the xp you get, how the security goes up and down during palace ( dongeon ) exploration , how negociations with demons work , how follow-up attacks are handled during battle and the list is not done yet.
S-link do trigger some events outside the story , but doesn't affect the story ( so far ).

Song spoils
the lyrics just kicked in on the night music! Life is free baby!

That version is SO MUCH BETTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom