• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDude

Overall the game improved on almost everything the past games offered, so it's definitely a worthy successor, however I feel like the dungeon part of the game is significantly longer than the previous games which leads to huge playtimes as many have reported on here, which might be a negative for those that preferred the out of dungeon activities. I also enjoyed every single boss fight in P5 and I feel like it might overall have the most memorable boss fights in the series.
And also don't be stupid like me and do your mementos missions, at one point I stopped doing them and then almost got slaughtered in the later dungeons.

Does that mean there are less out of dungeon events in general?

raven777

co-op is very important in this game, compared to social links in previous games I feel. The bonus effects you unlock via co-ops are very useful both in combat and daily activities.

Can anyone tell me the starting levels for Orpheus Picaro and Izanagi Picaro? (the ones from the 20th anniversary edition)
I bought them separately 'cause I went for the regular edition and I'm curious to see how they'll fit in my team (I'm level 35/36 right now)

raven777

Can anyone tell me the starting levels for Orpheus Picaro and Izanagi Picaro? (the ones from the 20th anniversary edition)
I bought them separately 'cause I went for the regular edition and I'm curious to see how they'll fit in my team (I'm level 35/36 right now)

Picaro are the red ones, right?

Izanagi is 23, Orpheus is 29

Picaro are the red ones, right?

Izanagi is 23, Orpheus is 29

Thanks :) I guess they'll look good in my compendium at least.

On another note, I'm one step away from the (discounted) SP accessories! I hope that the Coop is available on my next day so I can finally farm for real from now on.

I have a couple more quick questions, minor Coop spoilers ahead:
1) When the Coop say "You can't progress further yet" or something along these lines, does that mean I have to wait for some event or should I just keep doing it and getting "points"? 2) For the Death Coop I need to raise my stats right? Is the burger at the family restaurant a good choice for this? I forgot to check which stat I needed D: 3) To progress with Anne I need to wait after the deadline right?

raven777

1) When the Coop say "You can't progress further yet" or something along these lines, does that mean I have to wait for some event or should I just keep doing it and getting "points"? 2) For the Death Coop I need to raise my stats right? Is the burger at the family restaurant a good choice for this? I forgot to check which stat I needed D: 3) To progress with Anne I need to wait after the deadline right?

1) I don't know which specific situation you are talking about. Usually the restriction is either specific stat requirements from what I have seen.
2) You need to raise courage. Burger is good one. I also went with family restaurant and order how coffee. It only raises 1 courage but also raise 2 intelligence at the same time. Also buy books that raise courage stat and read them.
3) Yea I think you need to finish her story... but you also need kindness lvl 2 I think.

Darksol

Stuck on the fourth dungeon
right near the end. Arg. I know I'm overlooking something simple. Just need one more beam of light. Found another ra lightball thing, went to the empty slot overlooking the door, it's not it. Been all over this dungeon looking for this final piece and I know it's something simple lol

1)
I haven't encountered this yet in P5, but usually this does mean you need to wait for a story beat.

2)
The first wall I think you can hit here was the 度胸 stat, which some books help with: 噂の心霊体験読破, 海賊伝説読破, and 噂の心霊体験読破. Also the movie タンクトップ・ミリオネア which plays in April. And also the rental DVD Xフォルダー. I think there is a second wall with 魅力 as well down the line. Going into the public bath on a Monday, Thursday, or rainy day will raise this. Also the rental DVD バブリーヒル高校白書.

3)
If you mean the deadline for the first dungeon, then yes. I believe it was after this you can start progressing that link.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Stuck on the fourth dungeon
right near the end. Arg. I know I'm overlooking something simple. Just need one more beam of light. Found another ra lightball thing, went to the empty slot overlooking the door, it's not it. Been all over this dungeon looking for this final piece and I know it's something simple lol
I did that 2 days ago, so I don't remember the details, but
you could be missing one sarcophagus you could open with a switch in it or an air duct. Also, remember that all the things required to clear a set of rooms are in there - you don't have to backtrack down the big stairs at any point.

Thanks you both for the answers. What I meant in the first question was when before starting the Coop (this happened with Ryuji for example) it says in a bubble something like "It seems that you relationship won't go deeper as of yet". Iirc in P3 and P4 they wrote that at the end when you didn't have enough "points" to level up the S.Link, so I'm not sure if it's the same here and they just tell you beforehand so that you know.

Darksol

I did that 2 days ago, so I don't remember the details, but
you could be missing one sarcophagus you could open with a switch in it or an air duct. Also, remember that all the things required to clear a set of rooms are in there - you don't have to backtrack down the big stairs at any point.

Literally a minute after I posted I found what I had missed-- a small crawl hole that led to another sarcophagus.

Thanks you both for the answers. What I meant in the first question was when before starting the Coop (this happened with Ryuji for example) it says in a bubble something like "It seems that you relationship won't go deeper as of yet". Iirc in P3 and P4 they wrote that at the end when you didn't have enough "points" to level up the S.Link, so I'm not sure if it's the same here and they just tell you beforehand so that you know.

Ah, that means you won't go up a full level in arcana. I'm not 100% on the mechanics of this, but I don't think there is a way to "recover" from that meaning you'll just have to bite the bullet and spend time with them to get closer to the next level, and hopefully the next time you interact you'll get the full level up. I think you can avoid this in advance by answering questions "correctly" (more musical notes = better) as well as having a Persona of the same Arcana in your pool when you start the link.

Ah, that means you won't go up a full level in arcana. I'm not 100% on the mechanics of this, but I don't think there is a way to "recover" from that meaning you'll just have to bite the bullet and spend time with them to get closer to the next level, and hopefully the next time you interact you'll get the full level up. I think you can avoid this in advance by answering questions "correctly" (more musical notes = better) as well as having a Persona of the same Arcana in your pool when you start the link.
Thanks, then it's just like the previous two games. I was a bit confused as I think I have spent time with Ryuji 2/3 times without levelling up, which I thought was weird. Maybe it just takes more time in P5 than what I was used to in P3 and P4. I'll try and grab a Persona of his arcana though, to mitigate the problem.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about this other thing: does the map show all the Coop that are available in the area or only the ones you already started?

Xypher

Thanks, then it's just like the previous two games. I was a bit confused as I think I have spent time with Ryuji 2/3 times without levelling up, which I thought was weird. Maybe it just takes more time in P5 than what I was used to in P3 and P4. I'll try and grab a Persona of his arcana though, to mitigate the problem.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about this other thing: does the map show all the Coop that are available in the area or only the ones you already started?

All those available at the current time in that area, if you started it the tarrot card will be blue, if you didn't start it yet it's black, if that coop is ready for a rank up it will say "up" there, I think, and if it's maxed it will say max there.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I think it shows all of them, even those you can't start yet. As for the speed of leveling coops, remember that during each coop event when you level, you can grab 4-6 notes by choosing the correct dialogue options. I think the most I had to spend time with someone without leveling up was once. There are also presents which you can give during the non-level up events and sometimes a random invite will come - you won't be able to level up during those, but correct choices will give notes with the characters present.

artsi

The coops you can't do yet (insufficient stats) are gray in the list, IIRC.

At least it showed Anne for me before I had enough understanding, but it was darker than others.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After securing the route in the 5th dungeon in a day (~2-3 hours, I think), I have to say that so far the game balance feels great. If you spend some time in Mementos and make some strong personas, story dungeons are far and battles, aside those with preset enemies aren't as stressful as in previous games.
I like the new ability to finish battles without fighting by doing chance encounters on weak enemies, it really saves a lot of time.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
For what it's worth, a bunch of DLC was announced on the official site: http://persona5.jp/dlc/

Persona 1, Persona 2 and SMT if
costume sets are ¥800 and are releasing on the 29th, and
redesigned Thanatos, Magatsu-Izanagi and Kaguya
Personas are releasing on the same day for ¥300.
The costume sets play BGM from their games, and the Persona sets come in sets of two, one of them is P5 themed, and there'll be a sticker for the
Morgana Mobile
releasing on the same day for free.
There are also a few themes + avatar sets coming for the characters that didn't get them already, with the exception of
Goro
because why not.

muteki

Was going to be really curious why what appear to be regular new street clothes was DLC but then I saw it was free.

Need to look up those themes, might be interested in the Igor or Haru ones.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Another batch of 20+ days to be used mostly on SL stuff, yay. Hopefully I can get at least 1 or 2 to 10 and get my Charm to 5, so that I can finally
get the girlfriend I want
I find it really unfair that for some SLs you don't really need to have that high stats, even at higher levels, but some are just unforgiving and will lock the progress midway through if you don't have something at 5. :(

raven777

Another batch of 20+ days to be used mostly on SL stuff, yay. Hopefully I can get at least 1 or 2 to 10 and get my Charm to 5, so that I can finally
get the girlfriend I want
I find it really unfair that for some SLs you don't really need to have that high stats, even at higher levels, but some are just unforgiving and will lock the progress midway through if you don't have something at 5. :(

I was super pissed at
Makoto's coop that requires ridiculous stat mid-progress.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was super pissed at
Makoto's coop that requires ridiculous stat mid-progress.
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. At least my Charm is already at 4 and the
Maid Cafe in Akihabara
allows raising both Charm and Gentleness (the latter still at 3, I think) at the same time. Need to get Dexterity to 4 so I can
pass the current Burger Challenge
, since it will probably give me 3 notes to everything.

TehOh

Of course the Persona 5 soundtrack is great. They really want to make that five month wait hurt.

So jealous of you guys playing it now.

raven777

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. At least my Charm is already at 4 and the
Maid Cafe in Akihabara
allows raising both Charm and Gentleness (the latter still at 3, I think) at the same time. Need to get Dexterity to 4 so I can
pass the current Burger Challenge
, since it will probably give me 3 notes to everything.

Speaking of Akihabara, when/how do I unlock it?

Morgona's co-op, which ranks up automatically. You can switch tabs while at the item making screen for more items available to be made.

It took me like half the game before I realized I could switch tabs.

There is, sort of.
Level up fortune arcana and you gain the ability to pay her to give you a slight boost in the relationship of your choice. I was supposed to be doing a non-level-up event with Tower, but I paid a visit to her beforehand and the Tower meeting became a level-up event.

Sheesh, I had my Death arcana levelled up to 7 for the entirety of the summer holidays, but I didn't take advantage of the
SP recovery accessory because I thought she only sold consumables.

Temperance reward spoilers
I thought you could call on Kawakami only on Fridays and Saturdays, like her social link days, but it turns out you can call her to do work for you everyday.

Late October/Early November spoilers
I knew Goro would be a Hama/Mudo caster! None of the others learned them, after all. I find his harisen recover animation hilarious.

Is anyone having much success with Hama and Mudo? Their success rate seems much lower than in the other SMT games. At least being able to use Eiha and Kouga makes up for it.

Very light social link bonus spoilers
There is, sort of.
Level up fortune arcana and you gain the ability to pay her to give you a slight boost in the relationship of your choice. I was supposed to be doing a non-level-up event with Tower, but I paid a visit to her beforehand and the Tower meeting became a level-up event.

Oh neat. I haven't met that one yet, but I have a pretty good idea who it likely is based on a character I just met in mid-June.

Jintor

Man knowledge is hard as shit to level god damn. feels like i've been studying for ages

I was always entertained by how many students in Japan just hung out at family restaurants to study together

Jintor

holy shit sugita slow the fuck down, I can barely read fast enough to keep up with you god damn

/EDIT slightly off topic but what keyboard shortcut am I hitting that keeps changing my IME to a JPN keyboard layout instead of romaji?

Finished the second story dongeon last night.
i curse my work that prevent me from enjoying this game fully.

i guess now i'll work toward upgrading my stats. Thanks for everyone who shared tips, much appreciated.

The week-end is coming , time to waste time in this game , instead of leveling my charm stat IRL.

Ps: i've noticed that the "baths" give different stats depending on the day, the in-game reason is very "intresting" ....

B00TE

My copy finally came in! Can't get over how much this game oozes style and I'm still just in the opening. So awesome!

/EDIT slightly off topic but what keyboard shortcut am I hitting that keeps changing my IME to a JPN keyboard layout instead of romaji?
Afaik, Alt+Shift changes from JP IME to other ones (for example on my computer it switches from the Italian layout to the Japanese IME); Alt+\ (I think it might be ~ for other layouts) switches between romaji and hiragana.
If that's what you were asking. I may have misunderstood.

Jintor

Probably didn't explain it well - two times in the last two days I've accidentally activated something so that when I hit, say, the D key my IME spits out ち or と or something instead (as far as I understand it's acting as if my Eng-layout keyboard is a Japanese one). I fixed it by jumping into the control panel and reverting from... I think it was 'kana input' back to 'romaji input', but I wanna know what I'm hitting that's making it switch inputs.

Quick question. Do you still have to change the tactics in order to control all members manually? Also, how fast are fights compared to Persona 4G, when under-, over- or rightleveled?

Probably didn't explain it well - two times in the last two days I've accidentally activated something so that when I hit, say, the D key my IME spits out ち or と or something instead (as far as I understand it's acting as if my Eng-layout keyboard is a Japanese one). I fixed it by jumping into the control panel and reverting from... I think it was 'kana input' back to 'romaji input', but I wanna know what I'm hitting that's making it switch inputs.
I see what you mean, so a single key was a kana, just like actual Japanese keyboards? If so I'm not sure, that's never happened to me. Alt+Shift and Alt+\ (or Alt+~, the key on the left of 1 essentially) are the only ones I could think of.

During the third dungeon, some of the awkwardness surrounding the hiding mechanic is starting to get annoying.

Sometimes I miss a button press or they disappear, pushing me out in the open, allowing the enemy to ambush me. I feel like the only reason the game doesn't completely obliterate me all the time is because the AI is deliberately made to be stupid. For example, if a demon uses Maharagi once and it hits a weak character, it could probably just do it again and obliterate my party. But they don't tend to.

I don't really understand the logic behind push turn. In SMT III (which I have yet to finish), it felt like its sole purpose was to force me to have very specific demons for boss fights, and grind until I had them, rather than increase the strategic element of the game (which made the large roster of demons feel like a bit of a waste, when it didn't seem like I actually got to choose).

It's still a fun game, but I wouldn't want to play it on a harder difficulty.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Man knowledge is hard as shit to level god damn. feels like i've been studying for ages

I was always entertained by how many students in Japan just hung out at family restaurants to study together

I takes a lot of points but you also get a lot of points for free along the way I totally overshot and hit max at the end of June. Could have saved a few days making use of the study events and just trusting in rainy days carrying me. Oh well next is charisma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom